Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
'A Malaysia Airlines flight to India returned to Kuala Lumpur early Sunday due to an autopilot defect shortly after takeoff.'

'Malaysia Airlines has had two major disasters this year. Flight 370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing disappeared in March with 239 people on board...'

http://www.philstar.com/world/2014/09/14/1369038/malaysia-airlines-flight-has-autopilot-defect

Just saw this news on MSN.com and rushed right over to this thread. Thanks for posting it.

Not knowing what the defect could be or the time it took to discover it, I'm anxiously waiting for more details to see if/how it could be related to the MAS370 disappearance! It may be the break we have been waiting on.

Have to go run errands.. I'm pretty sure she is talking about the bright lights they all saw as well as a navy ship that was in the water; they want the radar data to be public. She is the only one that saw the plane pass over their boat. I'm not sure where she or Marc have been. I think we may have lost Marc here. He has not posted on many message boards; so is probably confused with the rules here. I did PM him a month ago on Cruisers forum but have not heard back. Just looked, he hasn't logged in there in over a month.

Kate 2014/08/19 at 02:51 mentions Marc's blog on ATSB

Also see Kate 2014/08/20 at 04:11
The work done by contributors here has been an enormous relief for me. As several of you are aware, my belief during my period of silence (at least from the time I heard about the missing plane) was that I had seen MH370 before it crashed shortly after passing by us, near (or even on) a military vessel who might have thought that it looked like a Kamikaze attack. I assumed the reason there was no news was because of a massive military cover up. Now, whilst I am not yet entirely convinced this did not happen (absence of evidence is not evidence of absence), I am at least now willing to believe that it was possible for the flight to have travelled on subsequently for a number of hours.

BBM
'A Malaysia Airlines flight to India returned to Kuala Lumpur early Sunday due to an autopilot defect shortly after takeoff.'

'Malaysia Airlines has had two major disasters this year. Flight 370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing disappeared in March with 239 people on board...'

http://www.philstar.com/world/2014/09/14/1369038/malaysia-airlines-flight-has-autopilot-defect

Hmmmm.....very interesting.
Could the same thing have happened to MH370?
Maybe this be the break this case needs!

The head of Kiwi Airlines has written a book putting forward his theory of pilot suicide by Captain Shah. He says there'd have been enough emergency oxygen for the pilot to have survived 3 hours, before gliding the plan down to land intact in the ocean.

I haven't followed the thread for a while now, but I thought the pings suggested the plane flew for a further 6 hours, not 3. Have I missed something?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-flights-according-Kiwi-Airlines-boss.html

Indonesia Police Chief’s Alleged Big Claim About Missing Malaysian Plane: I Know ‘What Really Happened’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-malaysian-plane-i-know-what-really-happened/

Snipped (don't get excited!)

He did not provide more information to reporters about what he supposedly knew.

“The Malaysian Police and I have known the truth, but I will not reveal it here,” the general, according to the Malaysian magazine Tempo.

That said, Malaysian Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar, who has been more involved with reports involving MH370, told the Malaysian Chronicle he didn’t know anything about the claims made by the Indonesian official.

According to the Malaysian Chronicle, both the Royal Malaysian Police and the Indonesian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur denied the account that the newspaper reported from Gen. Sutarman.

“The reporter will be summoned by the Indonesian Police Chief to clarify the report. Action will be taken if he failed to show any proof,” Aby Nursetyanto with the Indonesian embassy said, according to the newspaper.

The head of Kiwi Airlines has written a book putting forward his theory of pilot suicide by Captain Shah. He says there'd have been enough emergency oxygen for the pilot to have survived 3 hours, before gliding the plan down to land intact in the ocean.

I haven't followed the thread for a while now, but I thought the pings suggested the plane flew for a further 6 hours, not 3. Have I missed something?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ide-flights-according-Kiwi-Airlines-boss.html

Yes, the plane continued to fly for at least another 6 hours.

Published on Sep 10, 2014
Footage taken off the stern of the Fugro Equator as it conducts bathymetric survey operations in the southern Indian Ocean. The bathymetric survey will produce a map that charts the contours, depths and composition of the ocean floor, in preparation for the underwater search for missing aircraft MH370

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBPHh6hWXY&feature=youtu.be

Published on Sep 10, 2014
Bathymetry is the study and mapping of seafloor topography. It involves obtaining measurements of the depth of the ocean and is equivalent to mapping topography on land. The bathymetric survey will produce a map that charts the contours, depths and hardness of the ocean floor. The video above is not the result of the MH370 survey, but demonstrates the type of information and detail that is being gathered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtIxzPiw220&feature=youtu.be

http://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370.aspx

I used to work with Malaysian Airlines in the 1980's for more than 6 years. My first induction was a training course in KUL, I will never forget the instructor telling us about MH653 which went down in 1977 (from memory), from a hijacking event. To date nobody has claimed blame or interference. I just can't believe that the 2 events MH017 and MH370 are not linked. Apologies if this has been discussed before as I have not read the previous threads. Anybodies thoughts ?

I used to work with Malaysian Airlines in the 1980's for more than 6 years. My first induction was a training course in KUL, I will never forget the instructor telling us about MH653 which went down in 1977 (from memory), from a hijacking event. To date nobody has claimed blame or interference. I just can't believe that the 2 events MH017 and MH370 are not linked. Apologies if this has been discussed before as I have not read the previous threads. Anybodies thoughts ?

wow!

thank you - I didn't know about this one

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...for-answers-families-of-mh653-crash-recall-th

They know that the plane was overtaken and pilots were shot and not much more than that.

Yes that is correct. I can remember when I was in KUL at the time - there were pieces of the said aircraft that had been reconstructed in one of the hangars.
Going forward a colleague who took over my position and continued with MH for another umpteen years, had the Chief Purser, wife and children from MH370 for last Xmas dinner. As I have mentioned previously I just cannot fathom that MH017 and MH370 are not linked in some way, the odds do not stack up IMO. Being an airline employee of 36 years - I so hope there is a conclusion and explanation to these events. With reference to MH370 - surely we would have seen debris rise to the surface by now.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...ines-plane-mh370/story-fnizu68q-1227061715217

Underwater search crews to join hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 SEPT 17, 2014

UNDERWATER search crews will be deployed from Western Australia at the end of the month as the hunt for MH370 moves into its final and most crucial stage.

Priority areas for the search are constantly being reassessed based on the bathymetric surveys which have so far identified a number of “hard objects” inconsistent with their surrounds.

A mission crew and equipment are waiting in Fremantle to join the search vessel Fugro Discovery when its fit-out in South Africa is completed in the next two weeks.

Yes that is correct. I can remember when I was in KUL at the time - there were pieces of the said aircraft that had been reconstructed in one of the hangars.
Going forward a colleague who took over my position and continued with MH for another umpteen years, had the Chief Purser, wife and children from MH370 for last Xmas dinner. As I have mentioned previously I just cannot fathom that MH017 and MH370 are not linked in some way, the odds do not stack up IMO. Being an airline employee of 36 years - I so hope there is a conclusion and explanation to these events. With reference to MH370 - surely we would have seen debris rise to the surface by now.

There is no connection; MH17 was mistakenly shot down by Ukranian rebels

MH17 was shot down by a rebel group in Ukraine.
No connection at all to MH370's disappearance.

MH17 was shot down by a rebel group in Ukraine.
No connection at all to MH370's disappearance.

Fully understand what you are saying regarding the connection. And these are my thoughts only - I still find the odds of 2 x MH A/C suffering major events in the space of 6 months staggering. Either way - my heart goes out to those families and friends who have been effected by these catasrophes.

One of the search vessels (the Malaysian one) is on its way ... scheduled to arrive in the search area on 25th September.

"Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein said the GO Phoenix which is currently in Jakarta will depart for the search area today and was expected to arrive in the southern Indian Ocean on Sept 25.

"The GO Phoenix will conduct search activity for 20 days before heading to Fremantle Port for replenishments and is expected to arrive at the port on Oct 20.

"The vessel is also equipped with a multibeam sonar for blind spots and if any positive leads are identified during the search operation, Phoenix International also possesses recovery capabilities with the Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)"

The minister added that he will hold further discussions with China next week with regards to the deployment of assets for the MH370 search operation, involving two Chinese ships that were involved in the first phase of the search, namely ZhuKezhen and Hai Xhun."

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/1174076

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member