Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a new year. Hopefully, there will be some more/new developments!
Hard to believe it will be 3 years in March...

It's a new year. Hopefully, there will be some more/new developments!
Hard to believe it will be 3 years in March...

I was just thinking the same I don't know if we will ever know I feel so sorry for the 239 families.

A FORMER US crash investigator believes that Boeing will take the lead in a new privately funded search for missing MH370.

Aviation expert John Goglia, a safety consultant and former member of the National Transportation Safety Board, said while the current search led by Australia is winding down the quest for answers is far from over.

“The search will continue ... but it will be a privately run,” he said with most likely Boeing taking the lead.

“It’ll be smaller and more focused but that’s probably better.”

Boeing was not available for comment yesterday.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...h/news-story/67f2b90d55e36fdf6aa3a5b1fa1981d6

It looks like two new MH370 documentaries have popped up on youtube.
I haven't viewed either one yet but wanted to post their links to keep from losing them.
Apparently there is a limit of one video per post so here's the first one.

[video=youtube;BNPzgvPwBRk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNPzgvPwBRk[/video]

And, here's the second one.

[video=youtube;cneSmSK29NY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cneSmSK29NY[/video]

Very informative article that I just got from my Google alert. Best case I've read so far as to where it may be and why they are probably right-

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...370-is-just-as-money-runs-out-to-find-it.html

It is very informative and I was excited to see that they are doing all this background tests and calculations. Thank you for posting it.

Most all of the theories agree that the crash site should be near the 7th arc which is about 105 degrees longitude. Longitude is the name of the lines going north and south on a map. The 7th arc means that it is seven lines to the right of the prime meridian line. I just learned that.

The latitude lines are going around the globe like the equator.
For info, the search has been conducted between the 36 and 39 degree latitudes on the 7th arc.

The article brings up two different calculations as follows:

As a result of this and other debris tracks, the CSIRO scientists now believe that the 777 went down between latitudes 32 to 36 degrees south, with a location close to 35 degrees south as the most promising.

a team at a European body called Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences, based in Italy, carried out its own independent analysis of the ocean currents using a different computer model and a different source of data....Their results had, in fact, suggested the most promising area was between latitudes 28 and 35 degrees south.

One theory we had on this forum is that the plane crashed shortly after its last island sighting. This could put the possible site between the 10 and 23 degree latitudes.

Which theory would be the right one? What if they searched 30 miles on either side of the 7th arc and the plane crash site was actually 40 miles away?

I hate to see the search stop but agree that they couldn't just keep searching based on one theory after another without more definite information. Maybe more debris and more testing can pinpoint a more accurate search area?

It is very informative and I was excited to see that they are doing all this background tests and calculations. Thank you for posting it.

Most all of the theories agree that the crash site should be near the 7th arc which is about 105 degrees longitude. Longitude is the name of the lines going north and south on a map. The 7th arc means that it is seven lines to the right of the prime meridian line. I just learned that.

The latitude lines are going around the globe like the equator.
For info, the search has been conducted between the 36 and 39 degree latitudes on the 7th arc.

The article brings up two different calculations as follows:

One theory we had on this forum is that the plane crashed shortly after its last island sighting. This could put the possible site between the 10 and 23 degree latitudes.

Which theory would be the right one? What if they searched 30 miles on either side of the 7th arc and the plane crash site was actually 40 miles away?

I hate to see the search stop but agree that they couldn't just keep searching based on one theory after another without more definite information. Maybe more debris and more testing can pinpoint a more accurate search area?

Still reading, hopefully Boeing will focus on this new area

Have to agree, was a really good article. This is the end of it.

In just the first month after the jet disappeared an international air and sea search, including airplanes and ships sent by the U.S., cost $44 million. That was almost as much as the cost of the successful search for Air France Flight 447 in the south Atlantic between 2009 and 2011. Of the $150 million spent on the search now ending, Australia contributed $60 million, China $20 million, and the rest came from Malaysia.

There is, of course, an almost inexplicable and glaring anomaly: Not a cent has been spent conducting a systematic search for debris. All the debris so far has been discovered either by dedicated amateurs or, by chance, by people walking beaches. And yet the debris has been instrumental in reaching the compelling new conclusions about the probable location of the wreckage.

Heads Up!

It looks like the Fugro Equator may have moved its search area further north to a possible more credible area.

BBM
The Daily Beast has learned that in the final days of the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the search vessel scouring the depths of the Indian Ocean has suddenly moved at high speed to a new location more than 200 miles north. The site is close to an area that experts have recently identified as far more likely to contain the remains of the Boeing 777

The Australians determined, after an intense scientific effort, that the most likely site was further north, between latitudes 32 to 36 degrees south. The Equator is now operating close to latitude 32 degrees south.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mh370-found-searchers-race-to-new-site/ar-BBy0HWB?li=BBnb7Kz

Apparently the above^ info about the sudden change in the search area was not released by the ATSB.

Here is their Jan 4 2017 weekly update saying that the search is continuing.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

It looks like This change of mission was detected by Dr. Richard Cole, of University College, London, who has been following the search operation for many months via satellite tracking. as reported in the link previously posted.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mh370-found-searchers-race-to-new-site/ar-BBy0HWB?li=BBnb7Kz

Apparently the above^ info about the sudden change in the search area was not released by the ATSB.

Here is their Jan 4 2017 weekly update saying that the search is continuing.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/mh370-pages/updates/operational-update/

It looks like This change of mission was detected by Dr. Richard Cole, of University College, London, who has been following the search operation for many months via satellite tracking. as reported in the link previously posted.

Thanks watcher; can't wait to read them tomorrow. Praying for a miracle by the 3 year anniversary

A NEW report has claimed that in the final days of searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a search vessel has moved at high speed to a new location.
The Daily Beastreports that the Dutch-owned search vessel Fugro Equator moved more than 321 kilometres north to an area experts have recently identified as likely to contain the remains of the Boeing 777.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...t/news-story/5c606ffc949df14ecaef605f27ea213c

Heads Up!

It looks like the Fugro Equator may have moved its search area further north to a possible more credible area.

BBM

From the links I saw, it appears they may have moved the last bit of search on their own. Praying they find it. The world needs a miracle before the 3 year anniversary. They had said Boeing was paying to take on search so who knows what's going on

Weekly update - Jan 11 2017

Fugro Equator continues its mission to complete the final swing of the search area with the AUV which should be finished this month. Weather conditions caused trouble in retrieving the AUV which then required maintenance before continuing.
Weather this next week should not cause any major problem in the operations.

Nowhere is there any mention of moving to a new location in this update.

Weekly update - Jan 11 2017

Fugro Equator continues its mission to complete the final swing of the search area with the AUV which should be finished this month. Weather conditions caused trouble in retrieving the AUV which then required maintenance before continuing.
Weather this next week should not cause any major problem in the operations.

Nowhere is there any mention of moving to a new location in this update.

Sure sounds like they're not going to comment on what you posted. I wonder how they figured out the new location because from memory they said it would take time and money to do the study to drop plane parts in and see where they land on shore. They said it would be expensive to do. I wonder if they just did a computer program.

Sure sounds like they're not going to comment on what you posted. I wonder how they figured out the new location because from memory they said it would take time and money to do the study to drop plane parts in and see where they land on shore. They said it would be expensive to do. I wonder if they just did a computer program.

Remember, ATSB was not the one who released the info in the first place that the ship had diverted off its course. Maybe we weren't supposed to find out or maybe the ship did it on their own or maybe this Dr Cole was mistaken.

If it is true, I remember that the north side of the Broken Ridge was a good possibility from awhile back and Broken Ridge is just north of their search area.

See my post #1752
This change of mission was detected by Dr. Richard Cole, of University College, London, who has been following the search operation for many months via satellite tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan