Malaysia airlines 370 with 239 people on board, 8 March 2014 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently money was not the issue for stopping the search.

The three main countries (Malaysia, China & Australia) decided to suspend the search and to focus on reviewing all the data and any new evidence. They can then be more confident in zooming in on a new search area where they will be precise in finding the plane.

Maybe they will start by gathering and examining all of the new debris that have already been found. So far only three pieces have been confirmed as being from MH370.

http://english.astroawani.com/malaysia-news/mh370-suspension-search-not-due-lack-funds-liow-134446

Apparently money was not the issue for stopping the search.

The three main countries (Malaysia, China & Australia) decided to suspend the search and to focus on reviewing all the data and any new evidence. They can then be more confident in zooming in on a new search area where they will be precise in finding the plane.

Maybe they will start by gathering and examining all of the new debris that have already been found. So far only three pieces have been confirmed as being from MH370.

http://english.astroawani.com/malaysia-news/mh370-suspension-search-not-due-lack-funds-liow-134446

I don't believe it. They (the 3 countries) threw a lot of money at the 1st search that produced nothing but ocean mapping. They can't just start searching the new area without being pretty sure it's going to be there because they don't have unlimited funds. The money has to come from somewhere, most likely tax payers. Didn't the family raise money in the beginning? Wonder what happened to it.

As for him saying Malaysia has memorandums of understanding with African nations along the Indian Ocean to help recover any possible debris that washes up on their shores, we know that there is no one walking the beaches looking except Blaine.

More debris suspected to be from MH370 found
Malaysia has memorandums of understanding with African nations along the Indian Ocean to help recover any possible debris that washes up on their shores

Today makes three years from the date that MH370 disappeared.
I didn't want to call it an anniversary.

3 years today :(
And it feels like we're nowhere closer now than we were 3 years ago.
Yes, debris has been found, but no black box...no plane body...

Today makes three years from the date that MH370 disappeared.
I didn't want to call it an anniversary.

Sorry I didn't realise the date how awful for the families.

3 years today :(
And it feels like we're nowhere closer now than we were 3 years ago.
Yes, debris has been found, but no black box...no plane body...

I know it's a terrible tragedy. I remember spending months glued to CNN and here 24/7 waiting for any news after it happened. I never expected it to end up like this.

MH370: Here's what's been found from jetliner 3 years after it disappeared
By Faith Karimi, CNN
Updated 11:39 PM ET, Wed March 8, 2017

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/08/asia/mh370-debris-found/index.html[/video]

Praying for the families, 3 years with no answers has to be very painful. I really hope something happens soon so that the plane is found.

"The Malaysia Airlines jet MH370 was carrying a mysterious extra passenger who probably took control of the cockpit before plunging it into the Indian Ocean, according to a new theory which has emerged on the same day a lawsuit was filed in the US on behalf of the families of 44 people on board the missing plane.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lures-led-Flight-370-crash.html#ixzz4alyVnzTL

I can't see this lawsuit going anywhere until they find the plane. They have nothing to base the lawsuit on that the plane is missing due to Boeing being at fault.

A lawsuit filed against Boeing in a US District Court in South Carolina, names seven malfunctions, from an electrical fire to depressurisation of the plane's cabin, that could have led to the crew losing consciousness, the plane's transponder stopping its transmission and the plane flying undetected until it crashed after running out of fuel.

The suit was filed by Gregory Keith, a special administrator for families who lost loved ones on the flight. It names 44 victims as plaintiffs.

MH370: Here's what's been found from jetliner 3 years after it disappeared
By Faith Karimi, CNN
Updated 11:39 PM ET, Wed March 8, 2017

[video=cnn;world/2016/03/07/mh370-disappearance-search-mobile-orig.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/08/asia/mh370-debris-found/index.html[/video]

Thanks for the article. Of course they can't say that every part comes from the airplane because none of the parts have any special numbers on it. One part is confirmed from a Malaysia Airlines Boeing aircraft, officials cannot definitely conclude it's MH370 because the part has "no unique identifier" linking it to that particular plane.

(CNN)Three years after Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 vanished with 239 people aboard, one of the world's biggest aviation mysteries remains unsolved.
Searchers have found debris in the Indian Ocean believed to be from the doomed airliner that disappeared on March 8, 2014. They have confirmed three pieces as certainly from the plane, while five others remain highly likely but inconclusive.

170308125546-gfx-mh370-debris-found-exlarge-169.jpg

CONFIRMED

Wing flap:
Where found: Tanzania
When: June
Authorities say this piece of debris has been confirmed to be from MH370. It was found in June on Pemba Island, in the Indian Ocean near the mainland. It is believed to be part of the outboard wing flap of the missing Boeing 777.
MH370 disappearance search mobile orig_00010530

Plane wing fragment
Where found: Mauritius
When: May
The fragment of plane wing has been confirmed as from the missing jetliner. A "part identifier" was legible on the plane piece, officials said, which allowed investigators to identify the wreckage definitively.

Flaperon :
Where found: Reunion Island
When: July 2015
Australian officials have said the flaperon is confirmed to be from the jetliner -- the first trace of the plane since it vanished in March 2014. Numbers found inside the flaperon match records from a company that manufactured it for MH370, French officials said. The unique identifier means it's definitely from this particular plane.

Cabin interior panel
Where found: Madagascar
When: June
Tests show the part is "almost certainly" from the missing jetliner. While Australian transportation authorities confirmed the part is from the same type of aircraft, they cannot confirm it is specifically from MH370.
MH370 is the only Boeing believed missing in the Indian Ocean. Australia spearheaded the search for the jetliner in partnership with officials from Malaysia and China.

Engine cowling
Where found: Mossel Bay, South Africa
When: March 2016
The part was identified by the Rolls Royce stencil on it, which is consistent with those used by Malaysia Airlines. But just like the previous parts, it is "almost certainly" from the missing jetliner. But since it has no "unique identifier" linking it specifically to MH370, officials can only confirm it's from the same type of aircraft.

Main cabin interior panel
Where found: Rodrigues Island, Mauritius
When: March 2016
This particular interior panel is from the main cabin, Australian officials said. Its parts, materials, dimensions, construction and fasteners were all consistent with those found in the airline's Boeings. But there were no special identifiers that made it unique to MH370, which is why it's "almost certainly" from the missing jetliner but not confirmed.

Horizontal stabilizer
Where found: Mozambique beach
When: February 2016
Australian officials spearheading the search effort in the Indian Ocean confirm this part attached to the tail is "almost certainly" from the vanished jetliner.
While the debris is from a Malaysia Airlines Boeing aircraft, officials cannot definitely conclude it's MH370 because the part has "no unique identifier" linking it to that particular plane.

Flap track fairing
Where found: Mozambique beach
When: December 2015
Australian officials said the part from the right wing is "almost certainly" from the vanished jetliner. They cannot conclusively confirm it's from MH370 because while its font and color fits those used by Malaysia Airlines, it has no "unique identifier" that specifically ties it to MH370.

Roselvr,
Extra thanks for posting the drawing showing the position where each piece of the debris may be found on the plane. I was hoping you would.
It is very informative for those of us who don't know much about plane parts.

Roselvr,
Extra thanks for posting the drawing showing the position where each piece of the debris may be found on the plane. I was hoping you would.
It is very informative for those of us who don't know much about plane parts.

You're very welcome. If you ever want a photo brought over just let me know. I'm glad they finally did one so we could see what's been found. So it looks like more of the right "passenger" side of the plane has been found.

IMO, the "highly likely" pieces are from MH370.
They were found in the same general area as the confirmed pieces.

I just want answers!!! I never thought we'd stil be at this point 3 years later.

"The search operation has lasted three years, covered thousands of miles of ocean and unearthed a few small fragments of wreckage.

But despite yielding a number of clues, the hunt for missing airliner MH370 has so far provided no real answers for the beleaguered families of the 239 people who were on board.

The doomed passenger plane disappeared on March 8, 2014, while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, China."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-yielded-fragments-MH370.html#ixzz4asBWn4vh

IMG_0035.JPG

"A fleet of 66 satellites carrying airplane-tracking technology could soon keep tabs on the position, speed, and altitude of aircraft all around the world.

Iridium launched the first ten satellites in January, and so far, two have been switched on and begun to send back data.

It comes three years after the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, and experts say the new system could ensure that flights no longer go unaccounted for.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4354438/The-satellite-avoid-MH370.html#ixzz4cZOnnJIG

I'm glad to see progress is being made to avoid another tragedy like this one of not knowing where a plane has crashed.

"A new system which will see planes tracked from space is being introduced by Malaysia Air, three years after flight MH370 mysteriously vanished.

The airline has announced a deal which will see the flightpaths of its fleet mapped out anywhere in the world.

It means their positions will always be known, even above remote oceans and the polar regions, according to Aireon LLC, one of the companies which will deliver the new mapping."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-planes-tracked-satellites.html#ixzz4eciZBu7V

"A new system which will see planes tracked from space is being introduced by Malaysia Air, three years after flight MH370 mysteriously vanished.

The airline has announced a deal which will see the flightpaths of its fleet mapped out anywhere in the world.

It means their positions will always be known, even above remote oceans and the polar regions, according to Aireon LLC, one of the companies which will deliver the new mapping."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-planes-tracked-satellites.html#ixzz4eciZBu7V

This tracking system is something that is long overdue. Not many planes are lost in flight or have crashed but when they are and time is of the essence, the gathered info could prove to be invaluable in finding the plane.

Looking at the map in the article, it's hard to imagine a system being able to track all of the planes at one time. I imagine each transponder would have a separate signal to identify it and computers can handle all the info being picked up. Does this info just remained stored until an emergency arises? I just am not sure what happens in case of an emergency?

It's interesting for sure I remember when this was first posted. The main fuselage of the plane must be somewhere in the ocean but it looks a bit too intact here. I'd imagine the plane most likely broke up when it hit the ocean or in the sky if something catastrophic happened (unlikely as no evidence of a mid air explosion recorded by satellites etc.)

It had just been announced on the news that they have found the wreckage of MH370 Malaysian Airlines.
It is in a large area just north of the search zone, (it crashed before flying as far south as the actual search area), it ran out of fuel sooner that estimated.
I hope this link works.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...nfident-mh370-is-north-of-search-zone/8460658
They haven't actually started raising any pieces. They have only located where the parts are scattered on the bottom of the ocean. The link explains what they have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop