Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The deleted data in the simulator ... was data log from three types of aviation games, according to police.

"The three games in the simulator were 'flight simulator X', 'flight simulator 9', 'X flight 10'," he told the daily press conference on the updates on the MH370 search and rescue operation, in Sepang, today.

Khalid also said that the deleted data would be recovered through forensics techniques with the assistance of local and foreign experts, including CyberSecurity Malaysia and MAS.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...-simulator-was-from-aviation-games-say-police

I just want to clear something up with this map, as I think it's crucial.

Is the height in the yellow box relating to the plane or the satellite? Cos if it's the plane, and it was 8 hours after take off, wouldn't that rule out suicide - why fly that long? It would suggest either auto pilot or heading to a runway far away.

Does anyone know?

the satellite

Captain Retracing Malaysia Flight Asks 'Pray for 370'

Retracing the flight of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is a quiet and eerie trip.

The half-full flight, a red-eye to Beijing, has been renamed flight 318, but its routine and route were the same -- providing a sense of what the passengers on the missing plane likely experienced before it disappeared.

It left Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, at 12:35 a.m. the same as the ill-fated plane did on March 8.

That first hour when flight MH370 was heading to the moment where it vanished would have been busy. Within minutes of takeoff the seat belt sign went off, allowing passengers to move around the aircraft. Drinks were served and the captain made the usual announcements, including a welcome in English and Malay. The flight crew was bustling through the plane attending to passengers.

Two hours before landing in Beijing a hot breakfast was served on flight 318, a meal passengers of flight MH370 likely never saw.

Upon landing in Beijing, the pilot's usual announcement had a somber twist.

"Welcome to Beijing and please pray for 370," the captain said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...laysia-flight-asks-pray-370/story?id=22968295

tomond FYI, I finally found a huge ship a minute. Lol. At least I know I am seeing something. Now, if only I had the necessary training to spot things, I could stop marking what are probably small waves or clouds.:blushing: Also, if you are angry with someone (boss' clients cussing me out 'cause they got jail time today), you can really get through those tiles and for some reason, vision improves. :floorlaugh:

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower https://twitter.com/jonostrower

Boeing 777 Simulation Maker Responds to Conjecture on Disappearance of Flight 370 http://on.wsj.com/1igUGRF #MH370

One really gets the feeling Captain Shah was very well liked and respected, it is perhaps unfair that he be scrutinized, but absolutely essential and inevitable imo.

From above link.
"Captain Shah was well known to many in the flight simulation community because he had developed an online presence in which he dedicated many hours of his time to promoting the enjoyment of flying generally, and flight simulation specifically,” Mr. Randazzo wrote.

“In a manner of speaking, our community appears to have lost one of our own by virtue of the fact that he was also an accomplished 777 captain flying for a well-respected airline.”

I'll play captain obvious for a second and just say this whole thing is mega :censored: up! :scared:

I hope this is eventually figured out.

10 theories...

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26609687

And conspiracy theories..

"Then there are other conspiracy theories. Some forum postings have pointed to the US military base in the middle of the Indian Ocean, on the tropical atoll of Diego Garcia. The island is owned by the UK but leased to the US. One of the more extreme theories circulating online claims that the Kremlin believes that the US "captured" the plane and flew it to its base. With a conspiracy theory of this magnitude it is difficult even to know where to start with the rebuttals.

A completely different thread of conspiracy theory assumes a sympathetic regime. The scepticism about flying undetected through radar changes somewhat if the hijackers are in cahoots with a country's government. There are several authoritarian regimes within the aircraft's range, but the conspiracy theory doesn't even require a government's co-operation - the hijackers could just be in cahoots with radar operators. Again, this seems to be a conspiracy of incredible complexity to be kept secret for this length of time. And what would the motive be for those colluding?"

I'll play captain obvious for a second and just say this whole thing is mega :censored: up! :scared:

I hope this is eventually figured out.

I second that emotion (emution?).

No real answers, and I doubt there will be any unless that aircraft is found. Even then, who knows? Everything about this investigation seems so bungled to me.

December 2013 ...

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/12/17/invisible-airplanes-chinese-us-scramble-for-cloaking-tech/

"New stealth technology makes airplanes invisible not only to radar, it renders them hidden to the human eye as well – just like an invisibility cloak in a Hollywood sci-fi thriller.

News reports from China last week touted the country’s work on a “cloaking” technology that uses a hexagonal array of glass-like panels to bend light around an object, obscuring it from view as though hidden by an invisibility cloak. Experts say the technology is legit – and not unlike American and European projects from the past few years.

“The general public … might not hear about how far the U.S. has really come, because it is and should remain classified,” firearms expert Chris Sajnog, a former Navy SEAL, told FoxNews.com. “Other countries are still playing catch-up -- but they're closing the gap.”

"A brief history of invisibility

China is hardly alone in seeking a way to evade radar systems and the naked eye. Here's a few recent examples:

March 2013: The University of Texas used "mantle cloaking" to cancel out light waves that bounce off a shielded object.

Nov. 2012: Duke University disappeared a cylinder by guiding light around it before putting those photons back on their path.

Nov. 2012: Fractal Antenna Systems has a microwave invisibility cloak that can reportedly make an entire person disappear.

Oct. 2011: University of Texas tech uses the mirage effect, in which light rays are bent to produce a displaced image of distant objects or the sky."

The deleted data in the simulator ... was data log from three types of aviation games, according to police.

"The three games in the simulator were 'flight simulator X', 'flight simulator 9', 'X flight 10'," he told the daily press conference on the updates on the MH370 search and rescue operation, in Sepang, today.

Khalid also said that the deleted data would be recovered through forensics techniques with the assistance of local and foreign experts, including CyberSecurity Malaysia and MAS.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...-simulator-was-from-aviation-games-say-police

This is interesting, and I'm googling a bit to see which airports are included with those games, including their expansion packs. So far, the only one of interest for Flight Sim X is Beijing, but Kuala Lumpur is not on the list. I'll keep searching...

It sounds like it's the plane right now, not the passengers:

German insurance company Allianz said Wednesday that it has made initial payments in connection with the missing plane. Spokesman Hugo Kidston declined to say how much had been paid, but said it was in line with contractual obligations when an aircraft is reported as missing.

Read more: Malaysia: Files were deleted from flight simulator - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ight-have-tracked-missing-plane#ixzz2wQG7P6eD

bbm ibm

Allianz issues travel insurance. So that could be what they are paying off. jmo

Why are they paying out now? We dont even know if the passengers are alive or not. Or do we ?

Why would a family member take a payout?

PURE SPECULATION HERE:

Could the plane have been insured by the German company, Allianz,...

and Allianz is paying for the accommodations of the passengers' family members?

:dunno:

This thing is driving me crazy. I'm going to go watch some real classy birds for a while.

The Decorah Eagles are sitting on their nest again with expected hatch date around the 1st of April.

If you never watched and love nature, it is awesome. This will take my mind off this a while.

PURE SPECULATION HERE:

Could the plane have been insured by the German company, Allianz,...

and Allianz is paying for the accommodations of the passengers' family members?

:dunno:

I hope that SOMEBODY is! These families have enough to worry about without stressing about hotel bills :twocents:

Captain Retracing Malaysia Flight Asks 'Pray for 370'

Retracing the flight of the doomed Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is a quiet and eerie trip.

The half-full flight, a red-eye to Beijing, has been renamed flight 318, but its routine and route were the same -- providing a sense of what the passengers on the missing plane likely experienced before it disappeared.

It left Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, at 12:35 a.m. the same as the ill-fated plane did on March 8.

That first hour when flight MH370 was heading to the moment where it vanished would have been busy. Within minutes of takeoff the seat belt sign went off, allowing passengers to move around the aircraft. Drinks were served and the captain made the usual announcements, including a welcome in English and Malay. The flight crew was bustling through the plane attending to passengers.

Two hours before landing in Beijing a hot breakfast was served on flight 318, a meal passengers of flight MH370 likely never saw.

Upon landing in Beijing, the pilot's usual announcement had a somber twist.

"Welcome to Beijing and please pray for 370," the captain said.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...laysia-flight-asks-pray-370/story?id=22968295

Sobering Reality.....Sad.

earthhug.gif
THE WHOLE world is Hugging your sorrow. We too, Pray for answers

According to few reports on twitter there have been search activities in the chitral mountains today. At least two helicopters and a search plane. Rumours are a huge fire was spotted there 10-12 days ago and rumours spreading 370 has been spotted there. There are a few sources tweeting this. I think ones a journalist ...am I allowed to post a link?

I should say Chitral mountains, Booni, Pakistan!

This thing is driving me crazy. I'm going to go watch some real classy birds for a while.

The Decorah Eagles are sitting on their nest again with expected hatch date around the 1st of April.

If you never watched and love nature, it is awesome. This will take my mind off this a while.

love that site, have been there often...also enjoy the ALCOA eagle cam and the MN BOUND one as well

This is interesting, and I'm googling a bit to see which airports are included with those games, including their expansion packs. So far, the only one of interest for Flight Sim X is Beijing, but Kuala Lumpur is not on the list. I'll keep searching...

I believe the ms flight sim games can be modified to include custom content (routes planes airports etc)
I can post links to some content sites later this evening.
Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk 2

... the P-8A, a heavily modified version of Chicago-based Boeing’s 737 commercial airliner, is joining two Royal Australian Air Force AP-3C Orion surveillance aircraft to hunt for Flight 370 in an area of the open ocean.

The P-8A is the Navy’s newest surveillance plane. The P-3C Orion is a four-engine turboprop built by Lockheed Martin and has been in service in the Navy since the 1960s.

Flying at 288 to 311 miles per hour, the Poseidon can search for as long as nine hours, “depending on the transit distance some flights may only have two to three hours of search time” Mize said.

Surveillance planes use different search patterns depending on the object being tracked and other details about the target, said Boston, now based in Troy, Va.

“If the exact last position is known, the Navy will typically assign an expanding circle” from that starting point, known as the datum, which expands at the rate a submarine or target is known to be moving, he said.

Depending on the mission, commanders have to make a series of calculations on how high to fly, the length of a single track and the spacing between tracks to mount an effective search, Boston said.

If the crew detects anything or is given more precise search locations, they could drop sonobuoys — launched from the plane’s belly that act like underwater microphones to listen for any “pings” from the missing plane’s black boxes, Burgess said. The pingers are supposed to emit signals for 30 days after becoming immersed in water.

While the black boxes are designed to withstand depths of 20,000 feet and may work in even deeper water, the range of the pings is a mile, according to manuals from Honeywell, the maker of the equipment. That may make the signals difficult to pick up even if an underwater microphone is over the correct location.

The emergency-locator transmitters on a 777 are designed for land and don’t work underwater, nor do the satellite transmissions used to triangulate the likely last-known location.

“I just don’t have a lot of hope for success in this effort because of the distance the plane could have gone,” Burgess said.

“At some point, you have to decide whether it’s worth it or not anymore,” he said. “Your hope of finding something goes down as time goes on. I would call it off in three or four days” if nothing is found.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2023163923_mysteryplanexml.html

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members