Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derryn;

Don't go anywhere. This is far from over. The black box must be found, once it is it must be analyzed.

Thank you for all of you assistance in understanding these types of events, and for the fun too!

I don't know how to attach PDF's or I would tell you, someone will come along and explain. Looking forward to the documents.

:blowkiss:

Derryn Hunch :)

iz5ldx.jpg

* Meant to add this in my sign off like el swavo iceman hahaha - went through the effort of uploading it to a server and got all post length paranoid then posted without attaching ;)

Thank you, Derryn! I don't post much here since it moves so quickly and I often am pages behind trying to catch up. But I do read it all and often share posts of particular interest with hubby --- yours among them!

I hope you are right that this may be winding down. I don't have quite that much confidence yet.

Derryn;

Don't go anywhere. This is far from over. The black box must be found, once it is it must be analyzed.

Thank you for all of you assistance in understanding these types of events, and for the fun too!

I don't know how to attach PDF's or I would tell you, someone will come along and explain. Looking forward to the documents.

:blowkiss:

Personal opinion only - but I doubt they will get anything from the black boxes...

They will either have timed out of the critical period where the information that matters was too early in the incident and therefore looped over - or they were turned off like all the other items, or they were disabled due to critical malfunction/fire or whatever else it was that killed the ACARS and TRANSPONDER etc...

Here's hoping I'm wrong, but I have a terrible feeling this will be a mystery that only circumstantial evidence or cover ups will answer for joe public.

Derryn Hunch :)

iz5ldx.jpg

* Meant to add this in my sign off like el swavo iceman hahaha - went through the effort of uploading it to a server and got all post length paranoid then posted without attaching ;)

Interesting and handsome too. :loveyou: Good thing you are far away and probably much younger than I. Lol. :blushing:

Australian Broadcasting Commission has confirmed that we are several days away from authenticating the veracity of the satellite images as being debris from MH370. The two objects are 24m and 5 metres in length, therefore of reasonable size.

Sleuthers!

I'm not sure how much longer this thread/topic will be alive now that things are wrapping up - I just wanted to say its been a pleasure "sleuthing" with you guys - I have spent many a night the last week or so staying up way past my bedtime and neglecting to do work lol

Will list off a bunch of people in my profile visitor messages to thank personally for all their awesome sleuthing and enjoyable posts in the thread/s rather than add another two pages to this hehehe! :)

I've had a number of people PM me over the last week and a bit asking more detailed questions and also some requests for personal opinions that I have been reluctant to answer for various reasons (I'm certain that one or two were media/reporters looking for some crumbs - and I won't deal with media full stop - so if you're in that category, thats why there was no response... maybee Steelman will come on your show, provided you can afford his very high appearance fee's and his manager can make time for you :p hehehehe).

One of the other things I've tried my best (despite personal curiosity being huuuge here!) to do is shy away from claiming personal and unsubstantiated "theory's" on who/why/what etc has happened here. Its unprofessional for any outsider to do this and as a pilot who know's better, its not my position to do this - not only am I unqualified as an air crash investigator. With exception of a few *unconfirmed and communicated as such* little bits and peices I have been told in personal conversations with a couple of friends or aquaintences who are currently serving in the three ADF services (and just by co-incidence are working in roles that have been somehow involved with this losely or otherwise) - I have been privy to nothing more than anyone else and therefore couldn't/can't offer anything other than answers on the things I actually DO know and/or CAN answer morally and with "in confidence" or respect for security of info in mind. I'm not a current serving ADF member and I have taken measures as some may notice to keep my identity unknown for the above reasons and enjoying the freedoms of privacy that the brave men and women serving our countries have given through their sacrifices for all.

Those who have expressed genuine curiosity and personal interest and or shared stories and memories of aviation within their past or family's with us in thread or via PM with me *thumbs up* you're awesome :)

Finally...

Is it possible to attach files here??? I've got an interesting PDF about RAAF fast jet accident investigations that some people here might find interesting to read over - it describes a number of incidents that could relate to how this pans out - Hypoxia incpacitation, Bird strike (bird going through cockpit windscreen and incapacitating pilots who are flying an otherwise still flyable airplane), cockpit/onboard fire and a whole host of other things... It might help some people understand how these things unfold a little better as this investigation becomes public if you continue to follow it (which I have no doubt you will!) ;)

It explains where the wrong decisions were made and where other shortfalls contributed to otherwise recoverable situations - and explains it in a very easy to understand brief in each case that all of you will understand, should it interest you.

One of the “incidents” described within includes the tragic fatal accident of a personal friend who was serving in the same aircraft/squadron’s with me that also answers a PM that someone sent me very early on which I have been terribly slack in replying to after accidently closing my browser window or having a laptop misbehave a few too many times :( lol hopefully I’m not too late answering this for you finally buddy ;)

This is epic enough for one post – again, thanks everyone, its been a great way to connect with like minded people :)

P.s there might be errors here - I've tried to edit/read over as best I can in the browser window but you know how it is lol

I hope you stick around:) your a hoot.

just skimming through and I found this which Kincaid, had posted in the last thread...

I too thought it was a great summary of the timeline.....it also helped me understand the arc, which I couldn't get my head around before...

One thing NTSB certainly knew what they were talking about, and it looks like the plane (one again if it is, but looking at this I don't have much doubt) did go down where their calculations had it

https://twitter.com/_AntiAlias_/status/446515291292303360/photo/1

Personal opinion only - but I doubt they will get anything from the black boxes...

They will either have timed out of the critical period where the information that matters was too early in the incident and therefore looped over - or they were turned off like all the other items, or they were disabled due to critical malfunction/fire or whatever else it was that killed the ACARS and TRANSPONDER etc...

Here's hoping I'm wrong, but I have a terrible feeling this will be a mystery that only circumstantial evidence or cover ups will answer for joe public.

Sorry to quote myself - thread moving too fast to edit with continution ;)

The FDR (Flight Data Recorders) and the CVR (Cockpit voice recorders) were more than likely disabled strategically before any real answers would have recorded on them (they might get something like a fuze switch flicking off if the CVR is sensitive enough maybe, but that doesn't really prove much other than there was a potential short or intentional switch off, leaving us nowhere new). Even if they were still working, I've heard unconfirmed info that they only record the last 5hrs of a flight then record over themselves again (to re-use the space available for the massive amounts of data taken over thousands of hours of operations in their service times) - which means the first 2hrs of critical time in this incident would likely be gone as the plane flew on almost to antarctica and one last chance for a close up view of the penguin colony as it turns into winter darkenss for 6 months down there...

The images were taken on March 16. It is not immediately clear why they only surfaced today.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lines-flight-mh370-satellite-objects/6641689/

The satellite pictures were taken four days ago, according to the date stamp on them, but there was still confusion from the Malaysian authorities this morning about when exactly they were taken.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10710250/Malaysian-Airlines-MH370-live.html

The Norweigan ship is a car carrier which was on its way from Madagascar to Melbourne when it got a request from Australian authorities to assist in investigating the objects spotted by satellite four days ago. The merchant ship is the Norweigan ship Höegh St Petersburg. Its owners have put out a statement:

"Höegh Autoliners can confirm that the vessel Höegh St Petersburg was asked by the Australian Authorities to divert and assist in the search of the missing airplane MH370. The vessel followed the request and diverted towards the search area and has now reached the destination."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10710250/Malaysian-Airlines-MH370-live.html

Slightly OT but in this general area of the Indian Ocean is where teenage sailor Abby Sutherland was rescued when her boat sank roughly 2000 nautical miles off the coast of the west coast of Australia in 2010.

http://yachtpals.com/abby-sunderland-rescue-9093

I don't know how big of a story this was around the world the way it was in SoCal. But this area was in the news before as being a pretty treacherous place to conduct a rescue.

Derryn;

Derryn, at least wait until they confirm this is wreckage from MH-370. No proof yet.

Further, if found, the black boxes will reveal much. If, for example, all was 100% hunky dory onboard up until transponder cut at 1:21am, that's big news. IF THE TAPE STOPS AT 1:21AM, THAT'S HUGE!

IF THE TAPE CONTINUES and only shows the flight's end, even better. Even if we miss the initiating incident, analysts can examine whether the plane's systems had been damaged, whether it was in controlled flight, etc.

Also, while vital, the black box is not the only important piece of physical evidence. You better believe that if/when the plane is found, they will do all they can to salvage it, reconstruct it, and look for evidence of fire, explosion, etc.

This story is far, far, far from over.

There's a link to the file - its a PDF file - its safe and its only going to be up there for 24hrs before I pull it down.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=29184274379411198576 - Sifting Through The Evidence - RAAF F-111 and F/A-18 Aircraft and Aircrew Losses

Mods - apologies if this is against the rules, I should follow my own advice and read them so I am more aware I know ;)

Please remove link and PM me if I have been a bad websleuth community member for doing this and I shal apologize profusely and follow your advice one where or how I can provide linking to this in another manner :)

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=29184274379411198576

Defence Minister of Australia currently being interviewed on the ABC says we are several days away from verifying the credibility and veracity of this report. Australia, New Zealand and the USA are currrently undertaking search missions in the area.

They are indistinct but of “reasonable size,” with the largest about 24 meters (79 feet) across, said John Young, general manager of emergency response for the Australian maritime agency.

They appear to be “awash with water and bobbing up and down,” Young said. The objects could be from the plane, but they could be also something else — like a shipping container — caught in swirling currents known for creating garbage patches in the open ocean, he said.

“It is probably the best lead we have right now,” Young said. “But we need to get there, find them, see them, assess them to know whether it’s really meaningful or not.”

The size of the objects concerned David Gallo, one of the leaders of the search for Air France Flight 447, which crashed in the Atlantic Ocean in 2009. “It’s a big piece of aircraft to have survived something like this,” he said, adding that if it is from the aircraft, it could be part of the tail. The tail height of a Boeing 777, the model of the missing Malaysian plane, is 60 feet.

http://fox13now.com/2014/03/20/if-t...laysia-airlines-flight-370-what-happens-next/

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member