Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the files were deleted February 3rd is one of the reasons I think it's irrelevant. :twocents:
In addition, he could have just destroyed and replaced the hard drive if he was hiding something.

Also, I am NOT optimistic this is the plane...
People have reported that you can see this debris on Google Earth.
I would love for others to confirm that... but if it's true, those pictures are several months old.
If you can actually see it on Google Earth, it is NOT the plane. :facepalm:

I just can't believe that this is true....if it is, I give up.

1st Australian air force plane back Friday from search mission in Indian Ocean for Flight 370 found nothing, captain says.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-pings/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Flight 370: Whole world listens for slowly fading pings
By Mike M. Ahlers, CNN
updated 10:03 PM EDT, Thu March 20, 2014

Washington (CNN) -- Somewhere in the vast Indian Ocean, a tiny aluminum cylinder may be emitting a steady ping.

The ping itself is unremarkable, says Anish Patel, president of beacon manufacturer Dukane Seacom Inc. Patel snaps his fingers to match the pinger's rate -- one snap per second. In fact, it is inaudible to human ears.

But the whole world is listening. And the ping is taking on the cadence of a slowly failing clock.

Friday marks the 14th day of the hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, and near the halfway mark in the pinger's minimum battery life. When the battery dies, possibly around April 6, the job of finding the flight data and cockpit voice recorders will get significantly harder. And so will the job of solving the mystery of Flight 370....

I really don't think any government would be putting so many resources and funds into this search unless they were extremely certain that this is wreckage from the plane. The media is only fed a minute of info that there would be known. I hardly think this would have ever gone ahead unless they were onto a sure thing.

I really don't think the air forces of Australia, the US and NZ are going to make a mistake like using satellite pictures that are months old. I doubt they're relying on pictures anyone can view on google earth either.

ETA - sorry Seabreeze, just saw my post starts exactly like yours. I didn't mean to do that!

I really don't think any government would be putting so many resources and funds into this search unless they were extremely certain that this is wreckage from the plane. The media is only fed a minute of info that there would be known. I hardly think this would have ever gone ahead unless they were onto a sure thing.

I hope you're right, but different governments have been putting all kinds of resources into searches in different areas based upon what ended up being wild goose chases.

I really don't think the air forces of Australia, the US and NZ are going to make a mistake like using satellite pictures that are months old. I doubt they're relying on pictures anyone can view on google earth either.

ETA - sorry Seabreeze, just saw my post starts exactly like yours. I didn't mean to do that!

Don't apologise you worded it better than me:)

do we have a link to the press conference?

There is an air of desperation to some of the press questions. One unidentified report asks “Is there any idea what happened?” The answer comes back “No”.

2 planes due back any minute and 2 still searching. Per CNN

I don't really understand why Australia's PM is having to defend his decision to release information he is getting?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-aircraft-look-for-satellite-detected-objects

I feel so bad for these poor relatives I can't really read much about this case. The thought of all those people being out in the sea also freaks me out. In other mass disasters, helplines for family are set up, and information/updates are provided by phone to them, while they wait at home.

It doesn't ease the agony of having a loved one missing but I can't help feeling it is far better than dislocating relatives from their homes and support networks, and placing them in a hotel with nothing to do but wait desperately for any scrap of information.

There is an air of desperation to some of the press questions. One unidentified report asks “Is there any idea what happened?” The answer comes back “No”.

This just about sums it up really. I know the sea is massive but I really thought we'd be hearing some sort of NEW news today.

I wonder if what was observed floating has now sunk? I do feel confident if it's there they will find it. Looks like Saturday will be the next full day before bad weather moves in.

Press Conference tid-bits (snipped):

“This is going to be a long haul, we have to trench down on this,” said acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein during the daily briefing held at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) on Friday.

... there were no positive news so far and admitted that the 30-day period of finding the plane's blackbox before its battery life runs out, was crucial.

... there were technologies available to find a blackbox even after 30 days, as was the case in the Air France 447 crash in 2009. The French authorities who investigated the crash are now aiding Malaysia in its find for MH370.

... such equipments, are very limited and is currently in talks with leaders from several nations to seek an “opportunity to use them.”

The search, meanwhile, continues in the northern and southern region, though the current focus is on the two objects detected by satellite possibly belonging to parts of the MH370 which was revealed by Australian authorities on Thursday.

China has deployed five ships and three ship-borne helicopters which are currently heading toward the southern corridor.

Japan meanwhile has also deployed its assets to Perth, which included two P-3 Orions, to assist in the search efforts.

“This morning I have spoken with the acting High Commissioner from the United Kingdom, who confirmed that the Prime Minister has spoken to the Prime Minister of the UK, and that HMS Echo is already heading towards the southern Indian Ocean to support the search effort. He also confirmed that the UK will be providing us with a list of possible assets that can be deployed if needed,” he said.

... Malaysia was also requesting speciality assets from the United States such as remotely operated vehicles for deep sea search.

... Kazakhstan has informed that the MH370 aircraft had not landed in their area. “We are now waiting confirmation from them so that we could use Kazakhstan as a staging point for further operations,” said Hishammuddin.

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/mh370-it-is-a-long-haul-says-hishammuddin-32262?cp

bbm - new information

The problem I have with the fire theory, whether caused by an overheated front landing gear tire, electrical, or by something in the cargo bay (lithium-ion batteries...) is that I can't see the plane being able to continue flying for 6-7 hours before finally landing when it ran out of fuel. It seems to me, had there been a fire, the plane would have been engulfed in flames and crashed long before that.

In a show of solidarity, some families of the victims of Air France Flight 447, which also went missing before its wreckage was found, wrote an open letter to the families of Flight 370 passengers.

The letter expressed dismay about the vague and sometimes contradictory statements from the Malaysian government, and it suggested that families turn to their home governments to pressure the Malaysians for details.

The letter was written by a group of relatives of Flight 447 victims who lived in Germany.

The president of the group, Dr. Bernd Gans, said it is necessary for the families of Flight 370 to stick together and to pressure officials “to make sure they are getting answers.”

Gans lost a daughter in the Air France tragedy, and he said coping with the incident becomes easier over time.

“Yes, in the first moment you are completely paralyzed, but life goes on, it’s necessary,” he said.

Read more: http://fox5sandiego.com/2014/03/19/...rs-on-malaysia-airlines-flight/#ixzz2wb4hD5Mu

__

having gone through 9/11, yes, they need to remember at the end of the day that life goes on, and they must do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member