Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO.. If the pilot was involved they would be tight lipped about him...

I want to THANK YOU for helping me get the motivation to figure out how to install GOOGLE EARTH.

I found the application and realized I had never even installed the software. Yesterday I installed it with the thought of looking for the floating pieces and once I finally got it installed, I had so much fun just playing with google earth I never even tried to look for the pieces. :)

I found my house though. LOL

I was desperately looking for those pieces given the coordinates I thought they would just snow up but no luck. Then I was trying to follow the current and look in that direction, again nothing. Thank God I'm not in charge.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

I haven't heard from Waddles but I am sure she posted this link which I opened then saw it had gone. So I hope you don't mind Waddles, if it was you, but I think it worth posting again as it is very interesting and I just don't know what to make of it.
Malaysian woman claims she saw a plane on the sea on her flight from Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur later the same day as the missing plane. Somewhere near the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter-near-Andaman-Islands-day-disappeared.html

I haven't heard from Waddles but I am sure she posted this link which I opened then saw it had gone. So I hope you don't mind Waddles, if it was you, but I think it worth posting again as it is very interesting and I just don't know what to make of it.
Malaysian woman claims she saw a plane on the sea on her flight from Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur later the same day as the missing plane. Somewhere near the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter-near-Andaman-Islands-day-disappeared.html

Wow. I tend to take these kind of stories as true because I try to believe that folks would not lie about something like this. I sure hope they check it out very carefully.

I know some people like to get their 15 minutes of fame but something this serious I tend to think people are being honest. I would hope anyway.

Waddles did you post a link and then delete it re the woman flying from Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur?

yeah sorry :)

not sure why I deleted it, didn't want to take hope away from the search area I guess! Thanks alioop, I think it should be out there anyway!

ETA: and it's the Dailymail...

If that lady's plane was too high to see planes in the water maybe what she saw was another search plane much lower than her plane. That could be what she saw.

If that new debri near Austrailia turns out to be a wash, I do think they should start looking more in the path towards southern tip of India. When the plane made that turn it seemed to be heading towards southern tip of India. If you draw straight line from tip of India to where that last turn was, that would be my guess where it would have gone down. If its in the water.

I don't think there is any doubt that they have better hi res images but they are not making them public.

We thought that of China, too, didn't we?

I remember many comments saying that China would only release those satellite images if there were reasons to believe that they belong to MH370. Releasing them in poor quality was just a "clever" move to play safe, so nobody gets an idea of what they actually are capable of doing.

Does anyone know what other options are still drawn into conclusion right know?
What about the country not wanting to be named in public, that accorded new radar data to Malaysia? Sorry, if this has already been clarified, it's difficult to catch up every single page. :)

I don't quite understand why the search is taking so long. Is someone following the coordinates of those floating objects?

I heard someone talking on CNN this morning that the debris can travel at a rate of a person walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that lady's plane was too high to see planes in the water maybe what she saw was another search plane much lower than her plane. That could be what she saw.

If that new debri near Austrailia turns out to be a wash, I do think they should start looking more in the path towards southern tip of India. When the plane made that turn it seemed to be heading towards southern tip of India. If you draw straight line from tip of India to where that last turn was, that would be my guess where it would have gone down. If its in the water.

True she could have seen a plane. Don't know why the pilot said she could not, unless they were too high over that entire area. In addition to seeing a plane, I do have to mention it could have been a whale. Satellite images of whales look like planes sometimes. Just google "satellite images whales".

I think the area she mentioned has been searched, at least for a debris field.

Gosh I wish this wasn't such a huge, tumultuous, and politically divided part of the ocean.

I think the lower numbers be explained by the wreckage find. I think finding out it most likely crashed takes all of the intrigue out of it. JMO

Yes because most people automatically associate crash with some mechanical failure.

But IMO, there are many aspects of this tragedy and many evidence points which lead it to being some kind of hijacking. I am not sold on the pilot suicide/sabotage. So if it was nefarious activity, and the pilots are not involved, that leaves only one option - someone else did it. And IMO I do not see anyone else having the capabiility to carry out something of this scale other than a well-established terrorist group.

There is no explanation for the plane taking a zig-zagging route (up until last point of military radar).

IMO, this was caused by nefarious activity by someone.

The crash, if there was one, was also caused by this.

JMO.

I don't quite understand why the search is taking so long. Is someone following the coordinates of those floating objects?

Problem is the amount of time that has passed from imaging to notification. By that time the objects are long gone. Are there drones with imaging capability? Seems that would be efficient. Though, once objects are located they have to be continuously watched because they are going to keep moving. Someone in the media commented that at this point might as well start at Antartica and work from there.

I agree with the above poster who pointed out about the family members suffering from fatigue and not being in their own homes. Especially the older ones.

I wonder if something different than the current having them in a hotel couldn't be offered to them? Some means of communication for each of them - I don't know, maybe an ipad for each of them or something like that - and assist them each in returning to their own home. Perhaps assisting other friends and family members to stay with them in their home.

I have been through a couple of very stressful incidents in my life. I had a child who was critically injured and hospitalized in a foreign country. It was torture for me to get there and torture for me to stay there in a hotel - by myself - until my child was released from ICU two weeks later. I longed for the comfort of my own home when I left the hospital each evening. After ICU release, an air transport brought me and my child back to the U.S. where an ambulance met us at the airport and took us straight to a hospital here in my city.

I noted that one of the family members said that people are getting sick and they were asking what was going to be done for them to give them medical care. This is an indication, to me at least, that these poor people somehow need to be convinced that it is not "giving up" for them to return to their own homes, their own doctors, and take care of themselves so that if their loved one does return they will be able to be of assistance to them.

I also read something about if something is found that the family members would be flown to Perth? IMO that's a very bad idea.

Oh I'm so glad your child ended up being ok. That must have been incredibly stressful.

Agree with your points.

I wonder if they confirmed if she did indeed alert someone when she saw this object/plane? Apparently she was unaware that the plane was even missing until she got off of the plane so this rules out that she was trying to get attention/on the news. Maybe she has really really good eye sight. I'm just wondering if there was any possibility at all that she really could have seen what she says she saw? I know the pilot says no way...but...

My Google doesn't update daily? :waitasec:

Here's something to try. With google earth rotate the area you're looking at. Sometimes the images you get looking at something from another direction will have been taken on a different day. (summer/winter, empty land/house magically appears). Freaky.

At this mornings (EDT) press conference, the lithium-ion batteries were mentioned.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/mh370-search-for-missing-plane-resumes-at-daybreak-live

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/missing-mas-plane/story/missing-mh370-carried-lithium-ion-batteries-cargo-not-seen-dan

But considering that high altitudes can cause lithium-ion batteries to become unstable and explode/burn and the allegations that MH370 ascended to 45000 feet, I'm back to wondering about that. I wish there was more confirmed info about this allegation and where the 45000 ft location occurred. Also, what quantity does "some" mean?
------------

Hi Boodles, I knew about the lithium batteries on Wed. night~Thursday morning. One speaker I think he was a pilot mentioned them and seemed to be disgusted that they were on the flight. I didnt say anything as I couldn't back it up. The batteries were in cargo hold. I wondered a few days ago why they hadn't searched near the Andaman (sp) Island. The plane could have been trying for the closest place to land. I really know nothing about planes but I am getting an education.

Don't mess with India, even if you are China:

China's request to allow its four warships, including two frigates and a salvage vessel, to enter Indian territorial waters has been "politely turned down" since Indian warships and aircraft are already searching the Bay of Bengal and Andaman Sea around the 572-island cluster, The Times of India reported.

We don't want Chinese warships sniffing around in the area on the pretext of hunting for the missing jetliner or anti-piracy patrols," the English daily reported quoting an unnamed official as saying.

Read more: UPDATE 8 (Day 14): MISSING MH370: India says no to China - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...india-says-no-to-china-1.524714#ixzz2wbAiHnIq

That makes sense since they are neigbors who are very wary of each other.

Problem is the amount of time that has passed from imaging to notification. By that time the objects are long gone. Are there drones with imaging capability? Seems that would be efficient. Though, once objects are located they have to be continuously watched because they are going to keep moving. Someone in the media commented that at this point might as well start at Antartica and work from there.

Oh, this is so frustrating and I don't event know anyone on that plane. I am surprised current technology is not able to calculate coordinates where those moving pieces might be or if they had been there prior. :banghead:

All the techie stuff on here with maps and coordinates is awe inspiring and I'm struggling to understand a lot of it. It is heart warming that the AMSA statement that their search for any wreckage is a means to finding any possible survivors. This they say is their main motivation as they continue the search. Wonderful that this priority has not been lost and the victims of this tragedy have remained a priority.

RIP all who were on board the 370.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...used-on-finding-passengers-alive-9207016.html

great map and info in article

I don't really understand why Australia's PM is having to defend his decision to release information he is getting?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-aircraft-look-for-satellite-detected-objects

I feel so bad for these poor relatives I can't really read much about this case. The thought of all those people being out in the sea also freaks me out. In other mass disasters, helplines for family are set up, and information/updates are provided by phone to them, while they wait at home.

It doesn't ease the agony of having a loved one missing but I can't help feeling it is far better than dislocating relatives from their homes and support networks, and placing them in a hotel with nothing to do but wait desperately for any scrap of information.

Also you are busy with the Oscar Pistorius case - I know b/c I read all of your posts posting the trial in real-time......THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhynonono