Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard from Waddles but I am sure she posted this link which I opened then saw it had gone. So I hope you don't mind Waddles, if it was you, but I think it worth posting again as it is very interesting and I just don't know what to make of it.
Malaysian woman claims she saw a plane on the sea on her flight from Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur later the same day as the missing plane. Somewhere near the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean.

The plane did not land or crash anywhere in or near the Andaman Islands.

This tabloid report, like many earlier "sightings", is pure nonsense.

The lady is either a well-meaning witness of something unrelated or a crank.

MH-370 had to have landed or crashed no later than 9:11am Malaysian-time. That would be 6:41am Andaman/Nicobar time.

So the plane sat on the water surface for 8 hours after it crashed?

And then a woman on a plane flying by at 35,000 feet looked down and saw a wing and tail just bobbing there? And searchers who went by in the first 4-5 days after the disappearance didn't notice a floating 777?

No way. Not a shadow of a chance.

Here's where the Andaman Islands are (red rectangle):

UZrOceq.jpg

Not only has that area been thoroughly searched already (nothing there!), it is NOT within one hour's flight of the plane's last recorded satellite-ping location:

rKFpx1B.png

The sighting is not true. The plane isn't there.

I haven't heard from Waddles but I am sure she posted this link which I opened then saw it had gone. So I hope you don't mind Waddles, if it was you, but I think it worth posting again as it is very interesting and I just don't know what to make of it.

Malaysian woman claims she saw a plane on the sea on her flight from Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur later the same day as the missing plane. Somewhere near the Andaman Islands in the Indian Ocean.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter-near-Andaman-Islands-day-disappeared.html

She's claiming this was at 2:00 in the afternoon. That's 6 hours after the last satellite ping. I'm hesitant to believe this, not that I think she's lying...just mistaken.

On CNN, talking about capabilities of different ships, etc.. But they are saying the key is that the SEARCH AREA MUST BE NARROWED. He is saying it's no use if you have an extremely large search area.

IDK this is a very daunting task indeed.

------------

Hi Boodles, I knew about the lithium batteries on Wed. night~Thursday morning. One speaker I think he was a pilot mentioned them and seemed to be disgusted that they were on the flight. I didnt say anything as I couldn't back it up. The batteries were in cargo hold. I wondered a few days ago why they hadn't searched near the Andaman (sp) Island. The plane could have been trying for the closest place to land. I really know nothing about planes but I am getting an education.

Those load of batteries concern me too. They should not be using commercial flights of passengers as mules to haul dangerous loads IMO.
Regardless if they caught fire or not. That should not be allowed on flights with people. Just cargo flights.

On CNN, talking about capabilities of different ships, etc.. But they are saying the key is that the SEARCH AREA MUST BE NARROWED. He is saying it's no use if you have an extremely large search area.

IDK this is a very daunting task indeed.

I agree, narrowing is the only way to find anything, someone first has to figure out where to narrow the search area to. If no one has any idea where the plane went, down or landed, then no one knows where to narrow the area.

These graphics are helpful. Marlywings posted this yesterday:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10358193&postcount=13"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines 370 *MAPS & TIMELINE REFERENCE ONLY*[/ame]

Those load of batteries concern me too. They should not be using commercial flights of passengers as mules to haul dangerous loads IMO.
Regardless if they caught fire or not. That should not be allowed on flights with people. Just cargo flights.

Yes, scary thought. You get on a plane and you have no idea what's in the cargo area below you.

Oh, this is so frustrating and I don't event know anyone on that plane. I am surprised current technology is not able to calculate coordinates where those moving pieces might be or if they had been there prior. :banghead:

Remember, this is a very treacherous area of the Southern Indian Ocean, closer to Antarctica than Australia ... this is not the tranquil, blue waters of the South China Sea.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...us-malaysia-airlines-search/story?id=22984822

The south Indian Ocean off of Australia is a remote body of water so treacherous it has earned the nickname "Roaring Forties" for the roiling seas and searing westerly wind that engulfs the area. The trade wins that cut across the open expanse of sea are not slowed down or cooled by any land mass, allowing gusts that can create waves 20 feet and higher, according to the report.

This Reuters article mentions that Australia thinks that debris could have sank by now. An official also notes that the debris could have just been a shipping container. It also interestingly notes that India is resuming the search in the Andaman Sea. Yikes. I still the South Indian Ocean is the best bet, but I am no longer as optimistic as was yesterday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/21/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140321

I heard someone talking on CNN this morning that the debris can travel at a rate of a person walking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quote some source earlier that said that the debris could have drifted 311 miles by now.

rKFpx1B.png

The satellite pings are driving me crazy. I know this was the last ping, but this is not the route that the plane was following. It was just somewhere along the arc at 8:11 am. Why haven't they released the other satellite pings? Wouldn't that give a better pic of where the plane was going? Where's the 7:11 ping? The 6:11 one? If the plane was pingning hourly, shouldn't there be 5 or 6 more locations? I would love to see a map with all of the ping arcs on it. Officials have been very vague about which way the plane turned and when, but I have to think they have more info then they're releasing. We have the early movements and the end location range. What is in the middle that they don't want us to see??

------------
I wondered a few days ago why they hadn't searched near the Andaman (sp) Island. The plane could have been trying for the closest place to land. I really know nothing about planes but I am getting an education.

India, which has jurisdiction over the Andaman Islands, searched all over there last week. Looks like they are going back to search again:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...314512-b04b-11e3-b8b3-44b1d1cd4c1f_story.html

... four Indian navy ships have also resumed a search after a gap of four days for the missing Boeing 777 in the Bay of Bengal, the Andaman Sea and west of the Andaman Islands.

I know China wanted to help, but India politely said No.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2014/03/20/21547646.html
bbm

"If the objects - the biggest measures up to 24 metres (79 feet) - are from the Boeing 777, recovery teams will work as quickly as possible to locate the rest of the wreckage in the hope it leads them to the data and cockpit voice recorders.

To do this, scientists have developed computer models to "play back" the waves and winds, allowing rescue workers to retrace the movements of debris to the site of a crash.

"There are sophisticated models that allow you to work backwards from the current position of each piece of debris, after considering the currents and the winds," said Gallo.

"That enables you to say X marks the spot on the surface."

But not all experts agree computer simulations will easily replace the gruelling routine of searching from air and sea".

Lithium batteries? Eh...
If, in fact, they did cause a problem then where was a distress call? And how did the plane continue to fly for 7 hours?
Another distraction, IMO.

rKFpx1B.png

The satellite pings are driving me crazy. I know this was the last ping, but this is not the route that the plane was following. It was just somewhere along the arc at 8:11 am. Why haven't they released the other satellite pings? Wouldn't that give a better pic of where the plane was going? Where's the 7:11 ping? The 6:11 one? If the plane was pingning hourly, shouldn't there be 5 or 6 more locations? I would love to see a map with all of the ping arcs on it. Officials have been very vague about which way the plane turned and when, but I have to think they have more info then they're releasing. We have the early movements and the end location range. What is in the middle that they don't want us to see??

I'm with you on this and have the same question!

Australian authorities may well have jumped the gun. They could be chasing trash or shadows out there. Andrew Dempsey, the director of the Australian centre for Space Engineering Research points out the limitations of the data from "optical satellites" -- the only type of "Southern Indian Ocean" data released so far:

There’s no real reason to have expected them or anyone else to have imagery of where the plane was travelling when it disappeared. There was no way we could predict where the plane was going to be before it disappeared.

[6:39am entry on Guardian blog]. We better hope they have more data than the blurry pictures of blobs that really could be anything...or nothing at all...

So since it is leaning towards this plane being in the ocean now has anyone explained why the ELT didn't send signals to the satellite that the plane had crashed? It's obviously not complete electronic failure if the plane flew until it ran out of fuel so????

I heard a military expert on Fox News (sorry forgot his name) suggest that they use some of the older aircraft that can detect "pings". Also forgot the name of the aircraft. Currently using state of the art Poseidon - but there is so much area to cover. He stated that we could supply at least 50 and another 50 from various countries - and then divide the search area into grids.

The time is ticking away - I think they said 18 days left - or the black box will stop pinging...which *greatly* reduces the chance that they could find it in the deep ocean or that they will ever have definitive answers.

Off Topic a bit : How many books do you think are already in the planning stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member