Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is with the discovery of the wooden pallet and other debris in the search area it is becoming clearer that the plane is gone, not tucked away somewhere.
While this doesn't answer all the questions it does at least give a target area to begin looking for the black boxes- it may take years but now there is serious hope those will be found.

Let's be honest without pinpointing an area the plane may have crashed there will never be answers-
The father of my best friend growing up went missing in 1969 on an Air Force flight in Alaska it wasn't until last night that I actually researched that disappearance. Back when we were kids in the 70's I could only picture Alaska as snow covered mountains and the missing plane as a small 2 person model, but the reality turns out to be that my friends father was a crew member on the Rivet Amber and it went down in the Bering Sea- and they knew when and where it crashed yet they never found anything. They searched for 2 weeks, flying as low as 300 ft above the water but no wreckage, bodies or even an oil slick was ever seen and 19 men were lost their.
The point being if they knew where to look and couldn't find anything how could we ever hope to find this plane if the possible crash sight could be anywhere?

Look up the Rivet Amber disappearance It's really a slice of our Cold War history worth reading- (and as it turns out kind of personal for me- I mean really how many of us can say our BFF's father spied on the Russians?)

Agreed. Hubby was a crew chief on the RC-135s stationed at Offut. Rivet Joint.
Awesome aircraft. Have you looked into unidentified remains/Alaska on possible identification of airmen lost in that crash? There is one listed as having washed up on the west side of Fire Island. The 'hat' looks Air Force issued.

I think more debris etc will surface or be located. Either way, the families are grieving a huge loss :(

I think someone else entered the cockpit too and that it was someone else who was communicating with the tower in the last communications.
<modsnip>
Hi joerose,
Let's say you are right, why does this other person in the cockpit want to crash the plane in the ocean? Tia

Hi joerose,
Let's say you are right, why does this other person in the cockpit want to crash the plane in the ocean? Tia
Hi Cherie,
Obviously I don't know any more than anyone else, but my opinion is that the plane was landed safely somewhere else. Most likely Pakistan and is intended to be used as a weapon in the future. I have come to this conclusion just by reading and watching the news and could be wrong, but I feel like this was more than a suicidal mission to fly the plane into the ocean.

Hi Cheri,
Obviously I don't know any more than anyone else, but my opinion is that the plane was landed safely somewhere else. Most likely Pakistan and is intended to be used as a weapon in the future. I have come to this conclusion just by reading and watching the news and could be wrong, but I feel like this was more than a suicidal mission to fly the plane into the ocean.

Thank you so much for replying.
My theory changes day to day. :)

You all do a remarkable job on this thread with your theories, comments,
analysis, etc!

He said the near full tank of fuel with 117, 00 liters instead of the 45 per cent required to fly to Beijing, was an indicator it was not an accident

HOLY CR%P I just looked it up 45,220 U.S. gal 171,170 L

The flight is like 3000 miles

A pilot that was coming back would get in so much trouble from his chief pilot for doing that $$$ that just changes the game totally.

It’s not like he was rookie -- that’s not a little boo boo (the onbaord flight system figures it out for them)

and has implications about someone in the cockpit, knowing full well, in advance, that tonight’s flight was going to be a dash longer than our schedule indicates --

Its not even close

and we have to remember it had fuel form the last segment (which would be kind of like right ---50,000 reserve still in tanks from last reserve figures)

What I am trying to say is someone in the cockpit had the aircraft filled up

City pairs requiring a" fill her to the brim"!

London - Los Angeles
Tokyo - Sydney
Chicago - Seoul

A person sticking fuel in airline tanks Is not going to challenge flight crew. If one of the crew knew what was up, they are not going to be concerned about what the head office might say in a month!

They aren’t coming back!

All a member of the flight crew would say to the loader is: put X gallons on were heavy tonight, expect headwinds; whatever........ no-one is challenging a flight crew member

That is huge - IMO implications are enormous

Really not good news at all.....................
http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/777family/pf/pf_200product.page

For this type of aircraft, how many gallons of aviation fuel does it take to be 100% filled up to the hilt on all fuel tanks?

How many miles and how many hours can that aircraft fly if it was 100% filled up to the hilt on all fuel tanks?

How many fuel tanks does this type of aircraft have?

Thank you so much for replying.
My theory changes day to day. :)

You all do a remarkable job on this thread with your theories, comments,
analysis, etc!
You are welcome and like I say, I have no idea what happened either, it just seems to me like someone else was involved. I do wonder very much about the two guys with the passports that belonged to someone else. The article said they paid $10,000 for them. Whose got that kind of cash laying around and who would know where to get one if you wanted one? I feel like they should be investigated thoroughly. I feel so bad for all of the passengers on the plane and for their loved ones. There is no "good" explanation for what must have happened and it is so horrific.

bbm

I think this too. And not just one of my "far-fetched" theories. I really think this could be a credible theory.

If the last military data point showed the plane going northwest direction, how did it end up deep south indian ocean?

Maybe it went northwest first, then further west, and then south to avoid crossing over Indonesia and being tracked by their radars?

He said the near full tank of fuel with 117, 00 liters instead of the 45 per cent required to fly to Beijing, was an indicator it was not an accident

HOLY CR%P I just looked it up 45,220 U.S. gal 171,170 L

The flight is like 3000 miles

A pilot that was coming back would get in so much trouble from his chief pilot for doing that $$$ that just changes the game totally.

It&#8217;s not like he was rookie -- that&#8217;s not a little boo boo (the onbaord flight system figures it out for them)

and has implications about someone in the cockpit, knowing full well, in advance, that tonight&#8217;s flight was going to be a dash longer than our schedule indicates --

Its not even close

and we have to remember it had fuel form the last segment (which would be kind of like right ---50,000 reserve still in tanks from last reserve figures)

What I am trying to say is someone in the cockpit had the aircraft filled up

City pairs requiring a" fill her to the brim"!

London - Los Angeles
Tokyo - Sydney
Chicago - Seoul

A person sticking fuel in airline tanks Is not going to challenge flight crew. If one of the crew knew what was up, they are not going to be concerned about what the head office might say in a month!

They aren&#8217;t coming back!

All a member of the flight crew would say to the loader is: put X gallons on were heavy tonight, expect headwinds; whatever........ no-one is challenging a flight crew member

That is huge - IMO implications are enormous

Really not good news at all.....................
http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/777family/pf/pf_200product.page
Do you mind if I ask for the link where you got this info. from? I read a contradictory account here: https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/446912316941299712 it says that the fuel load was confirmed to be 16,120 US gallons.

You are welcome and like I say, I have no idea what happened either, it just seems to me like someone else was involved. I do wonder very much about the two guys with the passports that belonged to someone else. The article said they paid $10,000 for them. Whose got that kind of cash laying around and who would know where to get one if you wanted one? I feel like they should be investigated thoroughly. I feel so bad for all of the passengers on the plane and for their loved ones. There is no "good" explanation for what must have happened and it is so horrific.

I believe someone else was involved too but in what capacity, I have no guess. But the two men you mentioned , yeah they're interesting. Omg my heart breaks for the passengers loved ones. I can hardly watch the news without crying.
I just wish the plane could be found.....soon. The passengers loved ones need closure.

Hopefully the pallets and straps have identifying marks on them that can be matched to the fruit cargo. I would imagine though that pallets are not uncommon in shipping containers and therefore debris in the sea.
Let's hope the ships pick them up soon. I think they would send photos of them to the Malaysian government who would ask the fruit exporter to see if they can identify them. That could be done quickly.

You are so right. As soon as he is communicating with KL he never says copy that again. I think that is very odd.

I agree. It does seem odd that every other communication has something like "copy that". Forgive me, I don't have the transcript in front of me and I'm on my phone. I think there was at least 10 minutes of silence before the final sign off. A lot could happen in that time. But iirc, the word "alright" or "all right" was used at other times in the transcript. One would really hope that they have looked at other examples of communication from the co-pilot.

Do you mind if I ask for the link where you got this info. from? I read a contradictory account here: https://twitter.com/jonostrower/status/446912316941299712 it says that the fuel load was confirmed to be 16,120 US gallons.

'No accident'
AN aviation expert is certain what happened to MH370 wasn’t an accident — and the evidence pointed to the plane’s crew being involved.
Neil Hansford, chairman of Strategic Aviation Solutions, said: “I think it’s been put there either by one of the crew or both, and they’ve picked an area where the aircraft won’t be found.
“This was a crew-related incident. It wasn’t a catastrophic explosion. It wasn’t hit by military ordnance.”
He said the near full tank of fuel with 117,00 litres instead of the 45 per cent required to fly to Beijing, was an indicator it was not an accident.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ers-and-crew-out/story-fni0cx4q-1226861706507

I still don't find it suss that the two Iranian passengers paid $10,000 for the stolen passports. If that is true. The $10,000 could have been for a 'travel package' of sorts, including paying the people smuggler for their help and inside info. In Australia, the issue of people smuggling is often in the news. We hear about asylum seekers paying around that figure for passage to Australia, usually by boat. They aren't always from poor backgrounds and may have family members helping to pay their way. People sell property and assets to start life again in a new country. At this stage I see them as innocent passengers.

According to Twitter posts there is no press conference today a press statement is being released instead in 40 minutes time. I just thought I would post incase anyone is waiting for one. I will try to find the new statement and post it here.

Edit confirmed by journalist Su Lin who is with Astro Awani mainstream media

Confirmed. No press conference on #MH370 today. Press statement will be released at 5.30pm @501Awani pic.twitter.com/Xkc44TtV4U

WARNING ALERT - No Malaysian press conference today 23rd of March.

Hopefully the pallets and straps have identifying marks on them that can be matched to the fruit cargo. I would imagine though that pallets are not uncommon in shipping containers and therefore debris in the sea.

"Pallets are common out there,” says Professor Criddle, though he adds that often garbage is concentrated in certain areas. “You’ve got shipping going all the way across the ocean regularly. A lot of that stuff is loaded onto pallets,” which end up getting dumped when they’ve outlived their usefulness.

Wooden pallets – along with shipping and packing materials, glass, metal, paper, and food waste – fit into the categories of debris that ships can lawfully dump into the ocean as long as they're certain distances from shore. Those distances vary according to the type of material they're dumping.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Environmen...e-wreckage-spotlights-problem-of-ocean-debris

That's what we do here. Express our opinions. Great to see you again ElleElle!

Agree

How do you Sleuth -- If you can not *Think out loud* with Opinions....or Throw stuff against the fan and see what sticks.....JMO, IMHO

.......probable versus improbable.....Check every Path

cowanimation-4.gif
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads