Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even people (and countries) who believe in "democracy" may become entrenched and clouded in their position, convincing themselves that the ends justify the means. There's a good chance that this pilot believed he was a "freedom fighter" and his actions were a "necessary evil".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make more sense if he believed in a conservative, religious type of government, and he thought the current leadershop was going in the wrong direction (becoming too modern).

Does democracy sound like the above?

If you are talking about "freedom fighters" like Al Qaeda and their like - that is a totally opposite spectrum from what Captain Shah apparently believed in.

Al Qaeda and their ilk are not fighting for democracy.

They want to take the power and control away from people, not give it to people.

I'm sorry, I very strongly disagree that Captain Shah's political views had ANYTHING to do with this.

JMO.

I don't get the sense it played a part here either, but pro-democracy people have been violent - well I guess it depends on whether or not you believe their ideals are truly democratic.

The search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 resumes off the West Australian coast this morning after a day-long pause due to bad weather.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/

Great news. I did not think they would go out today.

Wonder if any of the ships heading there are getting anywhere close.

Since we heard that the planes take pictures of debris, I am willing to bet some money they are bringing aboard some very good cameras.
They are realizing that pictures can be critical and maybe all they have for awhile so I bet taking tons of pictures is one of their goals for the planes.

Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon https://twitter.com/WilliamsJon

Search for #MH370 resuming around now. AMSA: "Today’s search split into 3 areas within same proximity covering a cumulative 50,000 sq miles"

I'm going on what I remember from seeing a documentary of D.B. Cooper, so take this with a grain of salt my mind aint all that swift sometimes. (Like I need to tell anyone here that.) Anyhoo, the only reason D.B. Cooper could parachute from the plane is that it was a particular type of plane that allowed someone to do that. As far as I know it's impossible or nearly impossible to parachute from a commercial jetliner these days, IIRC.

Yes I have pretty much dropped that idea after I read the National Geographic link which LambChop posted earlier upthread. I had also forgotten about the speed of the jet - my mind ain't all that swift sometimes, either.....LOL! There were just too many things going against that.

Although, many of us have speculated about someone depressurizing the plane somehow or another. And the plane can be depressurized from the cockpit. But then there is the issue of the guy would have to jump immediately to stay alive. IDK, I am getting confused now.

It is also bringing me to things running in my head which are too disturbing to think about. Such as, the door would have been left open after he jumped out.

JMO.

Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon https://twitter.com/WilliamsJon

Search for #MH370 resuming around now. AMSA: "Today’s search split into 3 areas within same proximity covering a cumulative 50,000 sq miles"

Who wants to bet the 3 target areas are:

1-Original satellite image + where marker boyees tossed where they took pictures of debri the other day

2-French satellite image

3-China Satellite image

I'm going on what I remember from seeing a documentary of D.B. Cooper, so take this with a grain of salt my mind aint all that swift sometimes. (Like I need to tell anyone here that.) Anyhoo, the only reason D.B. Cooper could parachute from the plane is that it was a particular type of plane that allowed someone to do that. As far as I know it's impossible or nearly impossible to parachute from a commercial jetliner these days, IIRC.
So I guess this means I should leave my parachute at home next time I fly and replace it with the airtight floating beacon/bat signal case I am developing?! ;)

I agree. No one is going to be able to parachute from a 777. Besides what would the point be? Did the person just rob the people on board? Did the person only want to try stealing a plane? Highly unlikely on both counts.

I feel it would be safe to say no one left the plane once it became airborne.

sunrise in an hour, the weather seems a bit better from what I can see?

Yes, TV is reporting that the search is back on today. 12 planes, boats ....

It is 5:55am in Perth - should be taking off soon/now. I hope they can pinpoint some definite debris.

An oceanographer on Ch 9 this morning said that with the way the strong currents are in that area, the debris could be scattered in two oceans within a few months!

We really need to get a shuffle on if we hope to pinpoint a crash point for MH370. Everything seems so painfully (but understandably) slow. :sigh:

Agreed - they either have to keep the investigation quiet, or take more steps to clarify misinformation, but it's hard for them to win either way and keep control.

But the thing is, even though WS is the desired product of a free press, and members here do excellent research and should be a great watchdog for society, we still have no idea what's going on. When the media reports BS and we don't recognize it, we don't have good data to work with to make useful discoveries. I'd be okay with the media reporting the contents of every investigation if they could do it responsibly, but that's not realistic. However, I don't think suppressing information is okay either. I just think investigations can keep things quiet as long as they reveal the information in the end - just like police investigations are kept quiet, but they have to bring the info out at trial.

The problem is - how do we know they are even going to investigate anything??

As I said before, if they control all the information and access to all the information, how easy would it be to write a (made-up) report 2 years from now and say their "engineers found (such and-such) problem."

The motive that they would rather blame it on mechanical error, rather than delve into the myriad of issues something like a hijacking would present.

Or, something even easier for them to say would be "deliberate pilot action." That way, they don't even have to invent a mechanical error. They can just replace the hijacker with the pilot.

JMO.

From what little I recall,
I believe you are correct that the particular plane DB Cooper chose was done on purpose by him because it had a rear-door that allowed him to exit the rear of the plane.

IMO,
I do think it is still possible to pull it off on today's jet liners but the odds of survival would not be too good because I dont think the doors are directly in the back. The odds of bouncing off the fusalage are great and could kill you. Although we have seen videos of sky jumpers accidentally falling out and getting tangled on their own plane and stuff like that. Although those are small prop planes going much slower.

The main thing that would have to happen is to get low enough and release all cabin pressure before opening any doors. Then it would be a crap shoot whether the guy would hit the side of the plane and kill himself. Or hit the tail.

Planes these days may even have devices that prevent a door from even being opened while in flight, but I am not sure about that part. Cabin pressure being released could be done. Whether or not there is some sort of switch that the pilot has to throw to allow doors to open I am not sure about. But even with that, the hijacker could throw that switch.

So I am going with

FINAL DEDUCTION = Possible but not probable with a high risk of death. :)

Yes, I came to the same conclusion, but you worded it so well :)

Search operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft continues: Update 18

The search for any signs of the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft in the Australian Search and Rescue
Region is scheduled to get underway around 8am AEDT this morning.

A total of six countries are now assisting in the search and recovery operation – Australia, New Zealand,
the United States, Japan, China and the Republic of Korea.

Today’s search is split into three areas within the same proximity covering a cumulative 80,000 square
kilometres.

Weather conditions have improved in the area and HMAS Success is now on its way back to the search
area. On its arrival, HMAS Success will conduct a surface sweep of an area identified on Monday
afternoon by a RAAF P3 Orion as the location for several objects of interest.

China’s polar supply ship Xue Long is expected to arrive in the search area later this morning.

AMSA has tasked a total of 12 aircraft today to search for possible objects in the search area.

Five civil aircraft will be involved in search activities today and will have AeroRescue Aviation Mission
Coordinators on board.

A total of 34 State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers from Western Australia will again be air
observers on board the civil aircraft.

A total of seven military aircraft will join search operations today.

One Ilyushin IL-76 aircraft from China, a P3 Orion from Japan, a P3 Orion from the Republic of Korea,
two Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) P3 Orion, a United States Navy P8 Poseidon, and a Royal New
Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion will join today’s search.

The Chinese aircraft will be the first aircraft to depart for the search area about 8am.

Further departure times of aircraft will be provided later today.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/26032014_MediaRelease_Update18_MH370.pdf

So I guess this means I should leave my parachute at home next time I fly and replace it with the airtight floating beacon/bat signal case I am developing?! ;)

I agree. No one is going to be able to parachute from a 777. Besides what would the point be? Did the person just rob the people on board? Did the person only want to try stealing a plane? Highly unlikely on both counts.

I feel it would be safe to say no one left the plane once it became airborne.

bbm

Since the tragedies like 9/11 and like suicide bombers require that the terrorist be present until the end, by necessity that person has to die.

In this case, it seems that the end result did not require the terrorist to be present at the end - if we go on the speculation that the plane was on auto-pilot, ran out of fuel, and crashed.

JMO.

Search operation for Malaysia Airlines aircraft continues: Update 18

The search for any signs of the missing Malaysia Airlines aircraft in the Australian Search and Rescue
Region is scheduled to get underway around 8am AEDT this morning.

A total of six countries are now assisting in the search and recovery operation – Australia, New Zealand,
the United States, Japan, China and the Republic of Korea.

Today’s search is split into three areas within the same proximity covering a cumulative 80,000 square
kilometres.

Weather conditions have improved in the area and HMAS Success is now on its way back to the search
area. On its arrival, HMAS Success will conduct a surface sweep of an area identified on Monday
afternoon by a RAAF P3 Orion as the location for several objects of interest.

China’s polar supply ship Xue Long is expected to arrive in the search area later this morning.

AMSA has tasked a total of 12 aircraft today to search for possible objects in the search area.

Five civil aircraft will be involved in search activities today and will have AeroRescue Aviation Mission
Coordinators on board.

A total of 34 State Emergency Service (SES) volunteers from Western Australia will again be air
observers on board the civil aircraft.

A total of seven military aircraft will join search operations today.

One Ilyushin IL-76 aircraft from China, a P3 Orion from Japan, a P3 Orion from the Republic of Korea,
two Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) P3 Orion, a United States Navy P8 Poseidon, and a Royal New
Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion will join today’s search.

The Chinese aircraft will be the first aircraft to depart for the search area about 8am.

Further departure times of aircraft will be provided later today.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/26032014_MediaRelease_Update18_MH370.pdf

Please let them be safe.

If the plane was really a plane such as which has been described numerious time in the news (I can't bear myself to write the words) - then how are we going to get any information from the black box? Doesn't the blackbox only include the last 2 hours? If the last 2 hours were silent, then.....?

Please please please let this be the day they find any type of wreckage or even the debris field.

If the plane was really a plane such as which has been described numerious time in the news (I can't bear myself to write the words) - then how are we going to get any information from the black box? Doesn't the blackbox only include the last 2 hours? If the last 2 hours were silent, then.....?

That would still tell a part of the mystery though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "Black Box" (Flight Data Recorder) contains data about all the aircraft systems. It never "goes silent." Airspeed, altitude, heading, electronics ... everything leaves a trace on the FDR. The people who interpret this data and put the pieces of the puzzle together after an incident or accident are amazing. It's painstaking work. It can take them days to work through *seconds* of data.

Are you thinking of the CVR (cockpit voice recorder)? Even if the crew is silent, it can pick up ambient sounds, including alarms, beeps, etc., that can be great clues for investigators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak