Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On MSNBC’s Morning Joe, host Joe Scarborough is discussing one of the many theories about what happened to the Malaysian Airlines flight with an expert when cohost Mika Brzezinski just had it. You can even see her becoming increasingly annoyed about yet another non-story making it to air.

http://www.dailydot.com/news/mika-brzezinski-mh370-morning-joe/

WOW. I guess we all are getting fed up. Its time to locate that debri and start the hard job of getting to the box and recover passengers.

That would still tell a part of the mystery though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point! Every little bit helps because we are only working on assumptions that everyone on board was/is dead and that the plane was flying unassisted by human hands.

If the black box recorded total silence, then as you've said, this would give the above theory a lot more evidenced credibility.

The New Zealand Herald quoted an unnamed fellow pilot as saying the pilot of MH370 could have taken the Boeing 777 for a "last joyride". He was "terribly upset" when his wife told him she was leaving and he may have decided to take the plane to a part of the world where he had never flown.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9869142/Missing-planes-pilot-back-in-spotlight

Originally Posted by jilly 16th March: (post 75 thread number 8)
jilly said:
Seems to me to be some kind of an extreme joyride. Like his 'last hurrah'.

Agreed - they either have to keep the investigation quiet, or take more steps to clarify misinformation, but it's hard for them to win either way and keep control.

But the thing is, even though WS is the desired product of a free press, and members here do excellent research and should be a great watchdog for society, we still have no idea what's going on. When the media reports BS and we don't recognize it, we don't have good data to work with to make useful discoveries. I'd be okay with the media reporting the contents of every investigation if they could do it responsibly, but that's not realistic. However, I don't think suppressing information is okay either. I just think investigations can keep things quiet as long as they reveal the information in the end - just like police investigations are kept quiet, but they have to bring the info out at trial.

I agree. But I want to learn the possible whys. I really want to read investigative information and if it's out there, I don't know where. I accept that mh370 probably is in the south indian ocean, and that all are deceased and that we may never find identifying debris..........so lets hone in on the real mystery now, which is HOW DID IT HAPPEN. JMfrustratedO

From link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26525281

Malaysia's police chief, Inspector General Khalid Abu Bakar, said the younger Iranian was "not likely to be a member of a terrorist group", adding that the authorities were in contact with his mother in Germany, who had been expecting her son to arrive in Frankfurt.

RE: ^ Does anyone know why Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad ("younger Iranian") didn't simply take a direct flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Frankfurt (FRA) --which is actually a cheaper flight (they were supposedly seeking lower-cost tickets...) -- rather than flying from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Bejiing (PEK) and then from Bejiing (PEK) onto Frankfurt (FRA)? Not only is the cost greater, obviously the distance traveled is far greater also; Direct flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Frankfurt (FRA) = 6220 miles vs. a flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Bejiing (PEK) = 2745 miles + Bejiing (PEK) to Frankfurt (FRA) = 4846 miles, a total of 7591 miles. Not to mention that flight time(s) are significantly different - direct route is half the time of the indirect route. Just curious...

I respect your opinion but I totally disagree.

The plane being missing would have immediately been treated as a crime scene until information came out to prove otherwise. Every passenger on board would have been crosschecked, IMMEDIATELY and I am talking within HOURS (with the FBI/CIA).

Malaysia did the opposite of what quite a few countries would have likely done.

Yeah, that information certainly hasn’t helped to find the plane, or the cause of the incident, so at this point it’s safe to say that knowing that there were two *gasp* Iranian men on board wasn’t vital information.

Yay for your hypothetical FBI/CIA investigation though!

But didn't we hear about the Iranians right away. Most of the passenger were from other countries so I would imagine they had to wait until they received information back from background checks in the different locations. jmo

Agreed, and again, that information has turned up nothing of importance it appears - even the US has agreed. Why people latch on that as some sort of example of Malaysian incompetence, is beyond me.

It is not unheard of for a British company to come up with a solution that the U.S. does not have which is what happened here. Some brilliant mind realized they could use the known doppler effect to make a pattern using other flights both north and south and because of the movement in the doppler effect they could analyze where the plane ended up based on the handshakes and other info.

It does not have to have come from America first to be correct.

No kidding. The jingoistic garbage on these 16 threads has been extremely frustrating. I’m very happy to see the Australians (and the British!) showing the world that other countries are capable of excellence in the face of crisis without the need of a “babysitter”.

I’ve also read that the new “pinpointed” search area is outside of the fuel range if a plane as large as the 370 was flying low enough to evade radar as the air would be denser and the plane would have run out of fuel sooner.

There hasn’t been any evidence put forth to date that says the plane flew at a low altitude for any length of time, nor has there been any evidence presented that said they were trying to evade radar by flying at a low altitude for any length of time.

There have been theories, but most, if not all, have been contradicted.

Well, that's definitely not a good sign, but I do think it's pretty terrible to publish that without a named source, especially one who is obviously speculating and not making definitive statements. If it's true, I'm sure we'll have more information soon.

Ch 9 live reporting outside Pearce airforce base says it is hearing planes on the runway, and that they believe they are about to take off. Daylight is breaking in Perth now.

What I hope for today is that Chinese spotters will see debris for themselves - something that may clearly indicate to them that MH370 has been lost in the southern Indian Ocean.

I hope that they can then do something to calm their people, and help them to settle in for the long wait. It is such a sorrowful time for every family involved in this mystery .. I can’t believe that the protests and angry gatherings are helping to provide any kind of comfort to any of the families, Chinese or other. It is time for each country to take control of placating angry reactions, in ways that best suit their culture, and use the correct diplomatic channels to pressure Malaysia for the info they are seeking IMO.

One report says that due to their one-child policy (not going to get political here) Chinese families have lost their only child.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10718181/Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-live.html

"Pilot's world was crumbling"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11226334

Uh-oh...

EDIT Hey Waddles, great minds!

This is terribly upsetting to hear. So it appears his wife really was leaving him and not that she was staying at a 2nd house when he flew like others have said previously.

If this turns out to be a suicide/mass-murder, then I just dont understand why some people decide to leave the earth and take others with them while doing so. Terribly selfish to the extreme.

We have seen it time and time again where people killing themselves decide to take others with them. Cant they just take themselves out. Geeezzz. This is upsetting news if this is what it turns out to be.

Tiepos: thanks, "jingoistic", learn something new every day :)

I don't think it is either imperialist or racist to say that customers who purchase fares on public transportation have the expectation of service after the sale. I don't think Malaysia's history of ancient or modern seafaring commerce correlates to this situation. if it did, all that history should have produced a better outcome: in terms of reaching out at the earliest opportunity to collaborate and cooperate with entities of any country, nationality, or persuasion who had pertinent data or could assist in providing same. there are numerous situations in today's world where reasoned criticism cannot be expressed because it might be perceived as imperialist or racist. we're not talking about a shipment of rare spices or silks here. if lack of experience in a particular arena results in a most unfortunate outcome it's not untoward to suggest that a system of sharing resources and assistance should be in place. and any entity which wastes precious time by proudly insisting on going it alone should expect and accept criticism when it comes. I've heard it said that "Malaysia was in over its head and didn't know it." I disagree with part of that: the not knowing part. "pride goeth before a fall" is a very old truism that has eternal relevance. IMO

From link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26525281

RE: ^ Does anyone know why Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad ("younger Iranian") didn't simply take a direct flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Frankfurt (FRA) --which is actually a cheaper flight (they were supposedly seeking lower-cost tickets...) -- rather than flying from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Bejiing (PEK) and then from Bejiing (PEK) onto Frankfurt (FRA)? Not only is the cost greater, obviously the distance traveled is far greater also; Direct flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Frankfurt (FRA) = 6220 miles vs. a flight from Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Bejiing (PEK) = 2745 miles + Bejiing (PEK) to Frankfurt (FRA) = 4846 miles, a total of 7591 miles. Not to mention that flight time(s) are significantly different - direct route is half the time of the indirect route. Just curious...

When we take long flights to the northern hemisphere, we have found that non-direct flights are much cheaper ... and far more excruciatingly long.

Meanwhile...the search for the wreckage of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has resumed off the West Australian coast after a day-long pause due to heavy rain, rough seas and gale-force winds.

As far as the pilot's life, I can understand this being somewhat of a motive/reason/explanation. Somewhat.

I have a hard time knowing that the co-pilot is the one who spoke after the plane had went off course. Is this correct information?

If so, I am leaning to believe if it was one, it was both (and very likely more) who were in on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak