Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the pilot's life, I can understand this being somewhat of a motive/reason/explanation. Somewhat.

I have a hard time knowing that the co-pilot is the one who spoke after the plane had went off course. Is this correct information?

If so, I am leaning to believe if it was one, it was both (and very likely more) who were in on this.

If it was Shah's "last hurrah" I doubt that co-pilot would think it was a fun idea. jmo

On MSNBC’s Morning Joe, host Joe Scarborough is discussing one of the many theories about what happened to the Malaysian Airlines flight with an expert when cohost Mika Brzezinski just had it. You can even see her becoming increasingly annoyed about yet another non-story making it to air.

http://www.dailydot.com/news/mika-brzezinski-mh370-morning-joe/

Good for her!

The Daily Show ripped apart CNN's coverage of the disaster for being 24 hours. John Stewart did note that CNN's ratings had doubled because of this. It's great to see some real journalists getting peeved. What's more important? A plane crash or the world being on the brink of WWIII? :clap:

Could the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane have gone much faster?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...alaysia-airlines-plane-have-gone-much-faster/

Looking only at the last communication between the plane and the satellite that took place at 8:11 a.m., and apparently ignoring all those other pings and the complex triangulations based on them, Malaysia published a map of two vast search corridors where the plane might have ended up, one to the north and one to the south.

On Tuesday, March 18, three days after the map above was released, Australia announced that together with the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board, it had narrowed down the search area to just three percent of the southern corridor. The Americans and Australians took the Inmarsat triangulations – in other words, data from each of those hourly pings -- along with some assumptions about the plane's speed, and out came a much smaller search area, shown below.

23.00 Tony Abbott, the Australian prime minister, has told the Nine Network the search for the missing airliner will not be abandoned lightly, but "is absolutely not open ended".

He said there was a lot of debris in the area and Australia would keep searching until there was no hope of finding anything.

"We are just going to keep on looking because we owe it to people to do everything we can to resolve this riddle," he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10718181/Malaysia-Airlines-MH370-live.html

I think that it is 100% verifiable that the information about the stolen passports has not helped to locate the plane, nor has it - to date - helped to discover the cause of the incident.

So yes, it’s important information, but the insistence that an !!!!American investigation!!!! by the !!!!FBI and CIA!!!! would have taken care of that immediately - is probably true, but it’s not true that it’s the key to finding the plane. :laughitup:

At very minimum the airport staff who allowed this to slip through would be totally investigated. I am not sure how bribes are there in Malaysia but it may be something as simple as this but this kind of thing would not go without intense investigation.

Perhaps Malaysia officials are doing this. It's really not a competition but I totally disagree that Malaysia has handled this situation as well as it could have been handled...that's just totally untrue to me.

If it was Shah's "last hurrah" I doubt that co-pilot would think it was a fun idea. jmo

The one other plane that heard "mumbling" seems to be very credible to me. It does make me wonder if one of the pilots clubbed the other one and knocked him out to disable him.

There are so many side-stories to this that it is hard to go with just one credible theory anymore.

The New Zealand Herald quoted an unnamed fellow pilot as saying the pilot of MH370 could have taken the Boeing 777 for a "last joyride". He was "terribly upset" when his wife told him she was leaving and he may have decided to take the plane to a part of the world where he had never flown.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9869142/Missing-planes-pilot-back-in-spotlight

Originally Posted by jilly 16th March: (post 75 thread number 8)
Okay that fits with my thoughts about his mindset, and his flights on his simulator...

"Special sonar equipment from America — known as towed pinger locator — is due to arrive in Perth today and will be transferred to the Australian ship, Ocean Shield, which is expected to dock in Perth on March 28. The ship and the locator are due to arrive at the search area on April 5.

The equipment will help in the bid to locate the plane’s black box, which holds many of the keys to what happened to the plane and why it veered so far off its course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8."

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...inutes-of-flight-mh370&Itemid=2#ixzz2x1GuQf00
Follow us: @MsiaChronicle on Twitter
bbm

So now suits are about to start against Boeing?

Now this will be interesting!!! Terrorism/foul play vs, Mechanical failure.

We will probably start getting some answers now.

Excellent article.....

Satellite clue ends wild theories, hope for MH370

Over an extraordinary 17 days and nights, until the moment Malaysia's prime minister stepped to a lectern to deliver investigators' sobering new findings, the fate of vanished Flight 370 hung on morbid conjecture and fragile hope.

Many previous tragedies have transfixed us by revealing their power in cruel detail. But the disappearance of the Beijing-bound Boeing 777 without warning or explanation captivated imaginations around the world in no small part because of the near vacuum of firm information or solid leads.

Nothing solid, that is, until late Monday night, when Prime Minister Najib Razak announced that an analysis of the plane's last-known signals to a satellite showed that it went down somewhere in the desolate waters of the southern Indian Ocean - and that all on board perished.

<modsnip>

http://www.katu.com/news/national/Satellite-clue-ends-wild-theories-hope-for-MH370-252310081.html

I think that it is 100% verifiable that the information about the stolen passports has not helped to locate the plane, nor has it - to date - helped to discover the cause of the incident.

So yes, it’s important information, but the insistence that an !!!!American investigation!!!! by the !!!!FBI and CIA!!!! would have taken care of that immediately - is probably true, but it’s not true that it’s the key to finding the plane. :laughitup:

:clap:

what?!! oh my goodness, where did this info come from why don't we know

I have not heard that either. I used to watch for solar flares and keep track of stuff like that. I wonder if it possible that a solar flare/emp had something to do with the plane. I would think that would make the cabin disintegrate etc. IDK just thinking outloud.

Oops. I didn't know. Wait, there are other forums?!

I assume/hope you have to actually be a pilot (or at least in the business) to join. They certainly know their stuff.

I think that usually they have to prove who they are, but they opened up the site to lurkers like us . The Pilots are quite unhappy about it and also are really very cautious not to speculate, other than use math and expertise. They speak in "code" a lot. I think the site is usually subscribed to, and they have other threads that we cannot access. JMO JMO

Could the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane have gone much faster?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...alaysia-airlines-plane-have-gone-much-faster/

Looking only at the last communication between the plane and the satellite that took place at 8:11 a.m., and apparently ignoring all those other pings and the complex triangulations based on them, Malaysia published a map of two vast search corridors where the plane might have ended up, one to the north and one to the south.

On Tuesday, March 18, three days after the map above was released, Australia announced that together with the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board, it had narrowed down the search area to just three percent of the southern corridor. The Americans and Australians took the Inmarsat triangulations – in other words, data from each of those hourly pings -- along with some assumptions about the plane's speed, and out came a much smaller search area, shown below.

Yes, at the same time it was announced that the US and Australia and other partners would conduct searches out of Perth, there were maps published with the NTSB's best estimate which, coincidentally (?), was a slice of the southern Indian ocean in a similar location. The bottom of this slice is where the searches began. And where this is all ending up.

The NTSB was on to something, but it was not accepted like the recent analysis was. Perhaps it was not as definitive. Perhaps they did not want to share the details. I don't fault this. It seems that the Australians found it credible. I think the Chinese came to a similar result.

An any case, everyone seems to be in the right place, now. And lots of smart people have come to the same conclusion. It's all good, right?

I have not heard that either. I used to watch for solar flares and keep track of stuff like that. I wonder if it possible that a solar flare/emp had something to do with the plane. I would think that would make the cabin disintegrate etc. IDK just thinking outloud.

Now that's a theory that isn't totally crazy. I thought about solar flares after reading an article about how close we were to getting hit back in November (I think it was November). I mean, the sun is constantly letting them off, they can take out the power grid so I'd assume they could knock out the electrics on a plane, cause a fire or break pieces off? They interfere with GPS. I've read they are a concern in regards to planes dropping from the sky etc. and that its only a matter of time?

Ugh! Now I sound like a conspiracy theorist with my strange question, unfinished sentences and random words.

"An aviation source said that missing flight MH370 would have hit the water at around 600mph after gliding down from 35,000ft.

The source said: “The plane would not have dropped like a stone, it would have glided down from 35,000 ft for around 10-12 minutes after it had exhausted its fuel.

“It would have hit the water with a massive impact - as though the plane had landed on concrete. Nobody could have survived that.

<modsnip>

It's a 30in-long cylindrical microphone which is slowly towed underwater in a grid pattern behind a commercial ship. It will pick up any black box ping emitted from, on average, a mile away - but could hear a ping from two miles away depending upon a number of factors, from ocean conditions to topography to if the black boxes are buried or not.

The listening device is attached to about 20,000ft of cable and is guided through the ocean depths by a yellow, triangular carrier with a shark fin on top. It looks like a stingray and has a wingspan of 3ft"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-mh370-live-3266508#ixzz2x1KgH0dC
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member