Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would a search over land work, exactly? It is not like everyone has the right to fly and photograph in everyone's airspace. For example, do you think we would let China fly around the US and look if that were the situation?

Land search via satellite images is about all that is possible.

Since MH370 is in the ocean, that is no longer necessary.

:)

I believe the US knows by now that it was a terrorism plot. I don't even feel it was a pilot suicide but rather more coordinated.

It's in the US best interest to get the intel on this however I don't think it is something the US wants to publicize.

Something will have to give, however, because I doubt very highly if Boeing will allow its company to be left holding the bag (mechanical failure).

My prediction: The investigative results will remain inconclusive or maybe they will package this as a pilot suicide which really would be the best way to wrap everything up. This is the least complicated narrative.

I agree!

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion BUT I hate to see the media run with a story that is nothing more than pure speculation. Pilot revenge or suicide doesn't make much sense unless he reveals reasons for his actions. I so hope they find the 'black box' & are able to determine what actually happened. It would be such a shame for the pilot to be blamed without actual evidence.
<modsnip>

You're not going to get much more evidence than this. Noone can ever know what was running through his head. The black boxes won't give you this information- only that it wasn't a fire or mechanical failure.

Land search via satellite images is about all that is possible.

Since MH370 is in the ocean, that is no longer necessary.

:)

Exactly, So to the original poster, it is doubtful that "land searches have never been done." I just don't see a conspiracy there.

Has the pilot officially been named a suspect? If not, jmo he's a victim just like anyone else until (if and when) he is named the prime suspect.

If people believe Boeing could be covering something up, they're filing to make sure it can't get rid of anything - once you know litigation is coming, it's a lot easier to get in trouble for getting rid of anything possibly related. There are money hungry lawyers involved too, I'm sure, but did someone say the person who filed was the father of a passenger who had aviation knowledge or was an attorney? I remember reading he had some sort of related expertise, so he would know the importance of preserving Boeing's records.

The poster who talked about the hypoxia issue reminded me that I just watched one of those Air Crash shows, and during the Vietnam war a military jet hit a passenger jet in CA. 2 pilots in a fighter jet that had oxygen issues - they flew low the whole way to avoid hypoxia, which isn't dangerous (not sure about the gliding issues - I think jets have less of an issue with that), at the direction of the military, to get it fixed. But, at the time, military and ATC had no communication with each other, and the jet was flying right into a major area for flights landing at LAX. So ATC doesn't know it's flying low at an extremely high rate of speed, the radar couldn't catch it because the radar was older and the plane was too low, and the planes collide. One pilot survived by ejecting - every other person died. The pilots could have avoided and tried, but it happened so fast and they were practicing flying without looking, which is a needed military skill. The pilots of the passenger plane had little training in looking ahead of them, and just relied on the electronics, and it turned out the window had a divider that blocked their view anyway.

It happened so fast that ATC had no idea where the plane had gone until it called the military and found out it was missing a jet.

Needless to say, after that, ATC and the military started communicating. But this was not that long ago, in the U.S., even given the concerns of the military.

The talking heads on CNN are suggesting that the Malaysian police force is one of the "best" in the world, but I find this difficult to believe after all the press conferences. In my opinion, the head of police seemed to be the least trustworthy person speaking to the media and I also thought he came across as very smug. jmo

That's interesting. I can't see how that could be true, but whatever.

If it was suicide, we will never get 100% evidence, most likely. But I do think, given what an awful accusation it is to make, we should try and see if they can recover anything and rule out any other scenarios before stating his guilt as fact. There are certain things I would hate to jump to conclusions on, especially when it makes no difference now.

I believe the US knows by now that it was a terrorism plot. I don't even feel it was a pilot suicide but rather more coordinated.

It's in the US best interest to get the intel on this however I don't think it is something the US wants to publicize.

Something will have to give, however, because I doubt very highly if Boeing will allow its company to be left holding the bag (mechanical failure).

My prediction: The investigative results will remain inconclusive or maybe they will package this as a pilot suicide which really would be the best way to wrap everything up. This is the least complicated narrative.

I agree with one exception... I think the plot could have been to hijack something or someone(s) but probably by terrorists. I guess it makes some sense though if they were going to crash the plane and that was twarted.

The data we have doesn't make sense on the flight paths so that leads me to believe something is off.

We also have to take into account that Boeing's planes likely contain lots and lots of proprietary devices that many people (including the pilots) do not know about. So Boeing is not expected to release anything statements to anyone other than very high ranking intelligence/government officials.

I have the feeling, they are legally covered. You have to show a black box, or at very minimum have some sort of conclusive proof of mechanical failure that was caused by the plane itself and not human hands.

Of course there will be lawyers who will argue but I'd be interested in seeing what they can actually get in the absence of the physical plane, at the very minimum.

Although that's kind of what we all do here...

Yes, we're not ones to complain about speculation. But it's just basic journalism ethics to not publish solely based on one anonymous source - always find some sort of corroboration. That has just totally gone out the window with the 24/7 news cycle, and it's really dangerous. Anyone can say anything and get quoted by the NYT as fact. I think it's wrong when posters here rely on totally unsubstantiated rumors, and I think it's wrong when the media does as well. It's pathetic that they won't enforce their own rules - I don't believe in regulating the press, but I wish they'd become embarrassed enough to actually try and report accurately.

There is plenty of evidence that points to him, even that he planned it. This was mass murder-suicide. We don't know what was going on with him mentally between his political setbacks and his marriage breaking up. We do know he practiced on his flight simulator and deleted data just 5 days beforehand. We know the left turn was reprogrammed into the flight. We know someone in the cockpit said "Good Night" which wasn't standard lingo for the copilot. We know the transponders were purposely turned off. This was deliberate, and the most likely suspect is Shah! To me he is evil.

Can anyone who knows the answers to these please help me out here?:tyou:

1. Do we know that he practiced anything unusual or suspicious on his flight simulator?
Have we heard that he practiced flying out into the Indian Ocean and crashing?
A PILOT practicing FLYING is not at all suspicious to me. :twocents:

2. I have recently seen this "deleted 5 days before" stuff, but I can't find where it originated from.
Data was deleted on FEBRUARY 3rd... 5 WEEKS before and I wonder if the media has gotten confused?
Do we have a new statement saying that things were also deleted on MARCH 3rd?

3. Can you please provide a link that says it was not the co-pilot who spoke?
I have only seen the official statement at a press conference that it was the co-pilot communicating with ATC.

4. Can you please provide a link where it says that "All right good night" was not typical for the co-pilot?
I mean someone who knows this specific pilot saying that is not how he would communicate.
All I have seen is sterotyping that typical Asian pilots are supposedly more formal than that. :twocents:

:tyou:

We also have to take into account that Boeing's planes likely contain lots and lots of proprietary devices that many people (including the pilots) do not know about. So Boeing is not expected to release anything statements to anyone other than very high ranking intelligence/government officials.

I have the feeling, they are legally covered. You have to show a black box, or at very minimum have some sort of conclusive proof of mechanical failure that was caused by the plane itself and not human hands.

Of course there will be lawyers who will argue but I'd be interested in seeing what they can actually get in the absence of the physical plane, at the very minimum.

They won't be able to get the information based on nothing, you're right - but if it does later turn out that Boeing might be liable, filing now puts the responsibility on them to maintain documents. It will be a while before they are released, if ever.

Why would someone have to practice crashing a plane into the ocean?

Do you mean on a simulator?

If so, to prepare for an emergency, just in case it really does happen when you are the pilot.

If you mean something else, I have no idea.

They wouldn't, that's my whole point.
People seem to think the pilot flew the plane over to intentionally crash it into the ocean.
Yet they find his flight simulator to be suspicious as well.

I just can't think of anything he would do on the simulator that would be suspicious.
Unless he practiced crashing it into the ocean.

If he practiced landings, that is irrelevant to flying it into the ocean.
Does that make more sense now?

Can anyone who knows the answers to these please help me out here?:tyou:

1. Do we know that he practiced anything unusual or suspicious on his flight simulator?
Have we heard that he practiced flying out into the Indian Ocean and crashing?
A PILOT practicing FLYING is not at all suspicious to me. :twocents:

2. I have recently seen this "deleted 5 days before" stuff, but I can't find where it originated from.
Data was deleted on FEBRUARY 3rd... 5 WEEKS before and I wonder if the media has gotten confused?
Do we have a new statement saying that things were also deleted on MARCH 3rd?

3. Can you please provide a link that says it was not the co-pilot who spoke?
I have only seen the official statement at a press conference that it was the co-pilot communicating with ATC.

4. Can you please provide a link where it says that "All right good night" was not typical for the co-pilot?
I mean someone who knows this specific pilot saying that is not how he would communicate.
All I have seen is sterotyping that typical Asian pilots are supposedly more formal than that. :twocents:

:tyou:

1. no we don't know he practiced anything iffy, in fact I believe it's been confirmed nothing amiss was found in the deleted files or the set up.

2. it was February. I think the media got confused with the date format, ie in USA 3/2/14 is 2nd March.

3. ATC stated they think it was the co-pilot who last signed off. No definite confirmation. It could have been the pilot or a hijacker, but clearly someone at ATC who probably knows the voices of both pilots has said he/she thought it sounded like the co.

4. There is no link. We don't know if it was a typical sign off. Can't have been that strange otherwise ATC would have flagged it. We have seen the Telegraphs transcription of the conversation, but it had been translated from English to Mandarin and back to English so may not be 100% accurate.

These 20 people have been brought up before. Wonder if the plane was targeted because of these people being on board. Who would want to stop these people or the project they were working on with China? Would Malaysia or the Pilot be mad about this group dealing with China or maybe some other terrorist group?

"A US technology company which had 20 senior staff on board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had just launched a new electronic warfare gadget for military radar systems in the days before the Boeing 777 went missing."

"The company says they were flying to China to improve its consumer products operations, but Freescale&#8217;s fresh links to electronic warfare technology is likely to trigger more speculation and deepen the mystery."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-ELECTRONIC-WARFARE-and-radar-defence-company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member