Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is right. :) You need instructions to copy.

I won't read anything into the radio chatter. Some pilots are all business when they fly. No non-essential words. Some are chatty. Some are smooth talkers on the radio. Some are nervous Nellies and sound choppy and abrupt. And some are different day to day.

This reminds me of a tale Stephen Fry told on QI (British TV panel show) about being on a flight with a very laid back Australian pilot. At the end of all the "welcome briefing" the pilot said in a strong Aussie accent

"Well, that's enough yackety-yack from me. It's time to push some service down the aisle and some scenery past the windows."

Smooth!

On the same topic...

A pilot with simulator equipment at home? Not suspicious at all IMO. Pilots love that kind of stuff. They eat it up and love to share it with friends, kids and grandkids. What would a highly experienced heavy captain need to practice?! He could make that airplane do whatever he wanted with his eyes closed, IMO.

respectfully snipped

Can I add that a pilot practicing several kinds of emergency crash landings on a simulator is totally normal? It's not like you can go out and practice crashing real planes to find out if you can land it safely.

(And, I want to play on a simulator! I'd probably stay in there for a least a month or two though. Got to be better than that old arcade game from the '80's, loved that thing. :floorlaugh:)

OK, so I've lifted this from another forum. It may or may not have any basis, just another theory maybe? The link is in Chinese, can anyone help with translation??

"The Chinese-language news item linked below refers to reports by the Hong Kong based Oriental Daily. The gist of that report is that after disabling other communications, Captain Zaharie Shah negotiated with the Malaysian government for the release of opposition politician Anwar Ibrahim over several hours. The negotiations failed, and the plane ultimately crashed when its fuel ran out.

COMMENT: It is important to be aware of and to consider this theory. However, one also needs to be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS - the theory conveniently tars Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim with connection to a spectacular act of terrorism. More importantly, this theory disposes of ongoing concerns that MH370 might have been brought down by jihadist terrorists.

The current U.S. administration along with Malaysia and China are all very keen NOT to have the incident linked with international jihadist terrorism.

This "kidnap/confer/crash" theory would explain the Malaysian government's apparent attempts to mislead SAR efforts and to hide its own radar information during the first few days following the disappearance of MH370"

http://www.worldjournal.com/view/full_van/24816796/article-傳機長劫機挺安華-談判破裂油盡墜海?instance=bc_bull_left1

How were they conducting this "negotiation"? Mental telepathy?

I can't read Chinese, but this sounds like propaganda to me. Zero cred.

Yes that is right. :) You need instructions to copy.

I won't read anything into the radio chatter. Some pilots are all business when they fly. No non-essential words. Some are chatty. Some are smooth talkers on the radio. Some are nervous Nellies and sound choppy and abrupt. And some are different day to day.

Exactly.
Every pilot is different. It's not like there's a rule book on how to speak to ATC.
There's even videos on YouTube of funny ATC conversations. As long as the pilot follows the instructions of ATC, I don't care one way or another how they communicate.

"I don't know why people consider his support of the opposition party as bad. He was supporting a leader who believes in democracy. He wasn't supporting some rogue group or terrorist affiliation. The party he was in support if is actually better than the party in power right now." from a post above.

But that is the point!!! the party he supported IS better than the corrupt party (alleged) that is in power, they are more peaceful party and are extremely popular in Malaysia.........I haven't seen anyone say that his support of that party is a bad thing! I for one think it was a good thing that he supported that party, as it means he wanted change for the better for his country.....

Anwar has a facebook page that has 1.2 million followers, if you read some of the things his followers put on that page, you can see it is the belief by many that is he far fairer and peaceful than those in power...............that is my thinking IF they pilot did this, he did it for the GOOD of his country...........

I cant see where you are getting the idea that people thinking him following the opposition party can be linked to being a terrorist, I have not seen that on here, or in any media reports at all...........maybe I just haven't read them.

I for one, think better of the pilot for being an avid follower of Anwar.

That's why I'm asking for links, because it's totally possible I missed something. :seeya:

http://articles.economictimes.india...pilot-plane-malaysian-air-traffic-controllers
The calmly spoken "all right, good night" final known words from the missing jet are believed to have been spoken by Fariq. Malaysian air traffic controllers lost contact with the plane three minutes later, when its transponder was deactivated.

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...-homes-searched-and-flight-simulator-examined

I know the links say BELIEVED TO BE, but I think it's as official a confirmation we've gotten so far.

Evening all! :seeya:

My new theory is something caught on fire (faulty part Boeing sent out a notification about :waitasec:), they tried to escalate the aircraft (45000 feet) to put out the fire? This did not work, everyone onboard including Captain/FO had hypoxia, then it dropped down and went into auto-pilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed. JMO.

"I don't know why people consider his support of the opposition party as bad. He was supporting a leader who believes in democracy. He wasn't supporting some rogue group or terrorist affiliation. The party he was in support if is actually better than the party in power right now." from a post above.

But that is the point!!! the party he supported IS better than the corrupt party (alleged) that is in power, they are more peaceful party and are extremely popular in Malaysia.........I haven't seen anyone say that his support of that party is a bad thing! I for one think it was a good thing that he supported that party, as it means he wanted change for the better for his country.....

Anwar has a facebook page that has 1.2 million followers, if you read some of the things his followers put on that page, you can see it is the belief by many that is he far fairer and peaceful than those in power...............that is my thinking IF they pilot did this, he did it for the GOOD of his country...........

I cant see where you are getting the idea that people thinking him following the opposition party can be linked to being a terrorist, I have not seen that on here, or in any media reports at all...........maybe I just haven't read them.

I for one, think better of the pilot for being an avid follower of Anwar.

In the earlier threads, there was talk that his support of the opposition party was seen as "not good." It's like they equated opposition party with a rouge party or terrorist group. Probably because of the word "opposition."

Evening all! :seeya:

My new theory is something caught on fire (faulty part Boeing about :waitasec:), they tried to escalate the aircraft to put out the fire. This did not work, everyone onboard including Captain/FO had hypoxia, then it dropped down and went into auto-pilot until it ran out of fuel and crashed. JMO.

That's my theory now too. Maybe not a fire, but some other mechanical/technical malfunction.

Hmmm...Another day, another massive conspiracy theory!

Reports have claimed 777s are equipped with a cockpit satellite phone. But it's not clear if it would work with comms disabled (transponder/ACARS off).

Problem: any use of MH-370's sat phone would definitely have been traced by now.

Maybe Shah could have brought his own separate satellite phone onboard?

The theory feels like a long shot, because any means of communicating to anyone off the plane would have been heard by others -- or traced.

I wonder if he could have communicated during the normal part of the flight, though? I don't know if Malaysia gave any other investigative agency those communications. They still haven't given the cargo list to Australia (or others?), so I could leave open the possibility of that at this point for sure.

For the hypothetical that this pilot used terrorism for an understandable or good political cause, there are precedents in history. I'll throw out the IRA and then duck, lol. I don't want to get into that debate here of course, but that was a group of Westerners who killed innocents over a legitimate political question (I'm bypassing the moral debate, clearly!).

I, like most, am stupefied by what happened to this flight. I stayed away because it's been so unsettling for me...but just have to know why if the plane was believed to have traveled for approximately 8 hours would there be no communication with anyone? Are they assuming that everyone was incapacitated? Just so odd. I don't know what to believe. Everything I've heard just doesn't seem right.

"I love you" were the last words that MH370 flight steward Mohd Hazrin Hasnan uttered to his wife just hours before the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) aircraft was reported missing on March 8.

The words will forever be ingrained in the memory of Intan Maizura Othaman, 34.

Recalling the last few hours before the disappearance of MH370, Intan Maizura who is pregnant with their second child said Mohd Hazrin had missed the vehicle provided by MAS for its staff that night, March 7.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/love-were-steward-last-words-wife-234746961.html

That's my theory now too. Maybe not a fire, but some other mechanical/technical malfunction.

Was it reported that the transponders were turned off by human hand? I'm not sure but it seems like this is what was reported.

If so, this would have to be explained by the mechanical failure theory, imo.

What bugs me though, is the Malaysian PM said in his press conference, this was "deliberate action".

WTH does that mean??

I thought the IRA (and other groups) generally wanted their "work" known pretty quickly.

This was my thought... you don't say "copy that" if you are not copying something. :dunno:
I'm not saying the copilot had anything to do with it, but he copied/repeated all the instructions from GC and ATC except for the last one: "'MH370, please contact Hu Chin Minh City 120.9 good night"

BBM

I'm actually now leaning towards suicide or malfunction - if it was a highjack, that would suggest an extremely we'll planned operation that somehow went completley off plan...

A. Paraphrase: "Hello, In this YouTube video, I will show you how to fix an icemaker in your freezer..."

B. Later: "Anwar was unjustly imprisoned, so I'm murdering 238 people in a Malaysia Airlines plane!"

I can't get from A to B.

My goodness LittleRose, what a horrible ordeal you went through, I could literally feel it as I was reading and it sounded absolutely terrifying. Added to the fact that they weren't communicating with you and the other passengers let alone acknowledging the situation! Were you ever offered any kind of compensation or apology? Eurostar gives you 50% off if you're a little late, I would expect a heck of a lot more for what you all had to experience! Thank you for sharing.

Hi Waddles! Thanks for your concern.

Nope. No apology. No acknowledgment of the situation. They weren't willing to rebook us on other flights. I was one of the few who asked. It was made clear to me that if I wanted to get on a different plane, I would have to pay for a ticket.

Even more strange is that nobody was complaining. We all lined right back up to re-board the same plane that an hour earlier had instantaneously dropped thousands of feet from the sky because of a lack of oxygen to breath. It was surreal.

These days, I'm a more assertive person. I'd like to think I would not mindlessly follow the herd as I did years ago. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, like most, am stupefied by what happened to this flight. I stayed away because it's been so unsettling for me...but just have to know why if the plane was believed to have traveled for approximately 8 hours would there be no communication with anyone? Are they assuming that everyone was incapacitated? Just so odd. I don't know what to believe. Everything I've heard just doesn't seem right.

The plane was also not equipped with WiFi or mobile services.
IMO, I think the passengers were incapacitated early on.

I wonder if they can know at this point that it was definitely disabled intentionally. They made it sound so concrete when it was first reported, but with all the new information coming out, who knows now.

Maybe it seemed a “definite” thing because they were so sure it was a hijacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member