Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's just it, it didn't avoid radars.

Thai and Malaysian military radar tracked it from 1:21-2:15am.

All it had to do to avoid any civilian radar was unplug its transponder. It could then fly wherever it wanted unseen.

Since the transponder was indeed unplugged, the question is, was it done by a human hand or by some sort of onboard catastrophe?

BBM ~ Well, if it manually turned off by human hand for nefarious reasons, wouldn't flying solo be risky to crash into other planes?

Yeah I know. I thought you were saying that the Captain might have been out of the cockpit because it was the co-pilot saying goodnight. I would have thought the co-pilot would have said it regardless.

Oh, I still 40% believe the co-pilot was alone in the cockpit when the transponder was switched off, and he said said "Alright, goodnight" to ATC.

But, then 10% of me believes Capt. Shah would not leave the FO alone in the cockpit.

BBM ~ Well, if it manually turned off by human hand for nefarious reasons, wouldn't flying solo be risky to crash into other planes?

Not really. The sky is so big with so few planes that the risk is tiny.

3 of the 4 planes of 9/11 turned off their transponders and flew long distances without any close calls with other planes.

As one who has suffered from malicious slander & also malicious slander against some members of my family, I can guarantee everyone that it is NEVER a path you want to travel. It is the most hurtful thing you will ever have to endure in your life when you KNOW that what is being said is totally untrue. I will have to be shown proof positive before I believe the pilot or co-pilot were responsible for this crash. This is JMO.

I am not slandering anyone, just speculating.

I don't know if he will ever be exonerated. But until they conclusively establish a likelihood that certain things could only have been done by the pilot, I don't think we can conclude guilt either. We have to get confirmation regarding what was going on in his personal life and if it's true that the plane avoided radar, preprogrammed an odd route, and had its equipment manually disabled. We may never 100% prove it, but we can determine if it's reasonably likely.

My sympathies go out to the pilot's family. He is their husband, father, grandfather, he is gone and they are having to defend him and the speculation surrounding him. It's really tragic.

MOO

Regarding the planes route along the waypoints and this matching the borders of ATC, could that be another coincidence? Are ATC borders usually mapped out according to waypoints? What I don't really understand is whether it's normal to fly along waypoints if the plane is diverted in an emergency. Sorry if this makes no sense. I'll admit, I'm doggedly hanging on the mechanical problem theory - but I'm only about 60% convinced.

I understand what you mean. I don't know. But I don't think they would go to waypoints which are away from airports. Like let's say they didn't make the airport, why would they go to a waypoint that's out in the ocean with no land (the last waypoint - I think Igrex IIRC)?

JMO.

Except it didn't avoid every radar, it was caught on Malaysian an Thai military radar. The transponder was off so ATC couldn't track them either way. I just mean did they attempt a turn around following waypoints which also happened to be the waypoints marking the ATC borders? What I can't explain is the northwest and final south turn.

Eta: all the coincidences are troubling. But it's such a bizarre unprecedented event so I keep asking myself if it wasn't caused by a really bizarre and unprecedented set of mishaps.

If you're really wedded to mechanical causes, control problems negating a safe descent to Phuket airport could explain the northwest turn...then a later southern turn to try to resolve control problems while tracking parallel to Indonesia/Malaysia to eventually land if they could work it out, which, sadly, they could not.

That said, I personally lean more toward an intentional diversion of some kind.

To me MH-370's maneuvers are odd and suspicious, but not conclusive.

Was thinking it maybe helpful to get some images of one of the boats in the same set of pictures as some of the debri so they could see how far away they are from it and what direction.

OMG that's a great idea.

I want to believe that this pilot did all he could to save his plane, his crew, his passengers, and innocent people living on our earth’s land masses.

So, considering that, I’d like to believe that a hypoxiated Captain Shah put his plane on autopilot, directed away from land masses but toward the southern lands, and hoped for a relatively calm ocean landing when the plane finally ran out of fuel and glided to its demise.

IF any of that did occur, maybe the cabin is still fairly intact. :please:

I agree, except we are talking about 100 FOOT waves here.
No pilot, auto or not could land a plane in that kind of seas.
Even if it was a perfect landing, the waves would have broken it up on impact. :twocents:

Bjv0yWvCAAAsaXl.png:large

Source:
The Independent
http://ind.pn/1m8okcN #MH370 pic.twitter.com/KPLAMes7aF

:notgood:

My sympathies go out to the pilot's family. He is their husband, father, grandfather, he is gone and they are having to defend him and the speculation surrounding him. It's really tragic.

MOO

I agree. :(

It is one thing to consider hijackers who may have learned the operations of a 777 and tried to use it for nefarious purposes (though I am personally still in the multiple mechanical/systems failure camp).

But, for me, it is another thing to think that this experienced pilot of 30 years suddenly went psycho and destroyed all that he had protected for many years.

Newley Purnell ‏@newley 1m

MT @WSJbreakingnews: Australian authorities shift search by 1,100 kilometers northeast following new lead from Malaysian investigators.

David Winning ‏@dwinningWSJ 1m

What's the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight #MH370 like?
Read the WSJ's firsthand account. http://on.wsj.com/1mxpvpd

David Winning ‏@dwinningWSJ 24m

What happened in the #MH370 cockpit remains a mystery. But these pilots are noteworthy for just how ordinary they are http://on.wsj.com/1gvz4lf

https://twitter.com/WSJAsia/lists/malaysia-airlines-flight

MOO

ITA. It is so very tragic and I am so sad for them.
However, it is just a natural reaction. Right or wrong...he was the captain. He was responsible for the 777 and 238 lives on board and, therefor, is the first to have a finger pointed at him. I am not sold on the pilot theory and pray that he does turn out to be the hero who saved many lives by not crashing on land. :moo:

I am not slandering anyone, just speculating.

IMO speculation is fine. I'm thinking more of USA Today saying, without doubt, that the pilot was responsible. JMO, they need to put up or shut up.

If you're really wedded to mechanical causes, control problems negating a safe descent to Phuket airport could explain the northwest turn...then a later southern turn to try to resolve control problems while tracking parallel to Indonesia/Malaysia to eventually land if they could work it out, which, sadly, they could not.

That said, I personally lean more toward an intentional diversion of some kind.

To me MH-370's maneuvers are odd and suspicious, but not conclusive.

But then there is also the issue of the first left turn and its timing - which was just after the "watch" was passed to Ho Chi Minh ATC, and turning left right at the switch-off.

I agree. :(

It is one thing to consider hijackers who may have learned the operations of a 777 and tried to use it for nefarious purposes (though I am personally still in the multiple mechanical/systems failure camp).

But, for me, it is another thing to think that this experienced pilot of 30 years suddenly went psycho and destroyed all that he had protected for many years.
Hijacking by one of the passengers was dismissed in my mind when the identities of the two with stolen passports was revealed, and nothing in their background to indicate any knowledge of flying a 777. In addition a review of the passenger manifest, which I presume the FBI went over in depth, also reveled nothing. So that leaves the flight crew or a very serious mechanical/systems malfunction. It could possibly be the transponder and ACARS was turned off by the pilot/co-pilot in trying to correct whatever the problem was, and perhaps changing direction was also to avoid crashing on land.

MOO

Jason Ng ‏@ByJasonNg 39s

Breaking: Australia shifts #MH370 search area on new credible leads; possible flight path may be revised

good question

not sure how many planes would have been flying in the middle of the night ..remember it was a Red Eye flight..it took off at 12:41AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SawYourFace