Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. It is so very tragic and I am so sad for them.
However, it is just a natural reaction. Right or wrong...he was the captain. He was responsible for the 777 and 238 lives on board and, therefor, is the first to have a finger pointed at him. I am not sold on the pilot theory and pray that he does turn out to be the hero who saved many lives by not crashing on land. :moo:

I just don't know what to think anymore. What's nagging at me now is something I dismissed yesterday as over-the-top.

Why would someone turn off the transponders, disable ACARS, turn around and follow waypoints in the opposite direction and then turn again to take a long road to nowhere?

None of it seems random.

ITA. It is so very tragic and I am so sad for them.
However, it is just a natural reaction. Right or wrong...he was the captain. He was responsible for the 777 and 238 lives on board and, therefor, is the first to have a finger pointed at him. I am not sold on the pilot theory and pray that he does turn out to be the hero who saved many lives by not crashing on land. :moo:

Agree. And I totally understand him and the co-pilot being under scrutiny. The one who is in charge of anything will always be the first to be blamed for something going wrong, whether it be an aircraft crashing with no evidence of terrorism or mechanical failure (as yet), or money missing from a cash drawer at a store or bank vault.

MOO

Newley Purnell ‏@newley now

Update: #MH370 search shifting.
Aust. says new info indicates plane was traveling faster than previously estimated. :banghead:

Newley Purnell ‏@newley 1m

MT @WSJbreakingnews: Australian authorities shift search by 1,100 kilometers northeast following new lead from Malaysian investigators.

David Winning ‏@dwinningWSJ 1m

What's the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight #MH370 like?
Read the WSJ's firsthand account. http://on.wsj.com/1mxpvpd

David Winning ‏@dwinningWSJ 24m

What happened in the #MH370 cockpit remains a mystery. But these pilots are noteworthy for just how ordinary they are http://on.wsj.com/1gvz4lf

https://twitter.com/WSJAsia/lists/malaysia-airlines-flight

any updated maps showing this search area?
northeast? so they are moving the search area a bit closer to Australia? or am I way off in my thinking

I agree, except we are talking about 100 FOOT waves here.
No pilot, auto or not could land a plane in that kind of seas.
Even if it was a perfect landing, the waves would have broken it up on impact. :twocents:

Wondering too about the water pressure. Wouldnt the water pressure break apart the fuselage and allow a lot of stuff to float to top.

That is something the investigators could actually test pretty easily if they needed to.

There was a show on about a year ago that purposely crash landed a very large plane and filmed the whole thing. It was very interesting although I think they hoped for a better crash. They had lots of trouble remote flying the plane from another smaller plane and I think they had hoped for a better crash. It was very intesting though and they had on board cameras and devices that measured crash dummy's and everything.

I am sure the documentary footage is available somewhere.

Aust. says new info indicates plane was traveling faster than previously estimated. :banghead:
Does that mean it wasn't on autopilot?

Does that mean it wasn't on autopilot?

No it doesn't, I don't understand why the two would even be connected?
I can go 70mph, whether I have my car on cruise control or not.
I think they just did "further mathematical" stuff and determined it was moving faster than they thought. :twocents:

Hijacking by one of the passengers was dismissed in my mind when the identities of the two with stolen passports was revealed, and nothing in their background to indicate any knowledge of flying a 777. In addition a review of the passenger manifest, which I presume the FBI went over in depth, also reveled nothing. So that leaves the flight crew or a very serious mechanical/systems malfunction. It could possibly be the transponder and ACARS was turned off by the pilot/co-pilot in trying to correct whatever the problem was, and perhaps changing direction was also to avoid crashing on land.

MOO

That's what I think happened. But, I still don't understand why there wasn't a mayday call. It takes 2 seconds. Maybe there was but it was ignored or not heard due to comms being turned off?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/21/what-happened-to-flight-mh370-missing-plane

any updated maps showing this search area?
northeast? so they are moving the search area a bit closer to Australia? or am I way off in my thinking

NorthEast would be closer to Australia .. and would follow the ocean currents that marlywings posted in the last thread.

An analysis of radar data led investigators to move the search to an area 1,100 kilometers (680 miles) to the northeast, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said, calling the new information "the most credible lead to where debris may be located."

"It indicated that the aircraft was traveling faster than previously estimated, resulting in increased fuel usage and reducing the possible distance the aircraft traveled south into the Indian Ocean," the authority said in a statement.

http://www.kcra.com/national/Flight-370-search-area-shifts/25187682#ixzz2xDfRkx1o

I just don't know what to think anymore. What's nagging at me now is something I dismissed yesterday as over-the-top.

Why would someone turn off the transponders, disable ACARS, turn around and follow waypoints in the opposite direction and then turn again to take a long road to nowhere?

None of it seems random.

Jump right up :fence:

OMG you've got to be kidding!

2 days ago, I read the FBI should have their findings - that was 2 days ago!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/things-you-didnt-know-your-iphone-could-do

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I found this to be a very neat thing! If the link I posted works it describes 15 things you can do on your iPhone and #4 is fascinating to me you simply click home button and speak "Planes overhead" and it will pop up flights in the sky over your current location and different altitudes and angles! I hope the link works! It just amazes me at the technology and the facts are still so sketchy!

On Monday night, when he announced that Flight MH370 had practically crashed into the sea, Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak put paid to any glimmer of hope that the plane might somehow return and help us unravel the mystery of its disappearance.
Najib said satellite data released by Inmarsat indicated that the plane had “ended its flight” in the southern part of the vast Indian Ocean.
We can therefore conclude that it flew for a good eight hours till it ran out of fuel and plunged into the sea.
And that conclusion supports the following assumptions made earlier by aviation experts and other commentators:
We can rule out a fire as well as a mechanical or electrical fault.
There was an aviation expert manoeuvring the plane for the entire period.
The air turn back was deliberate since the plane maintained a cruising altitude to reach the southern Indian Ocean.
All communication tools were disabled on purpose.
The turn back was executed during the grey period that the flight passed from Malaysian to Vietnamese air traffic control.
From official statements, we also know the following:
The Royal Malaysia Air Force detected the plane on radar but let it fly its course since it was found to be “non-hostile”. The military authorities of other countries, except Thailand, claimed they never detected the plane in their air space.
It took five days for the Malaysian government to confirm early data from Inmarsat suggesting that MH370 was nowhere near the South China Sea.
In the past week, the Royal Australian Air Force was given full charge of the entire search operation with rather full confidence it had the right leads based on unconfirmed satellite images of two floating objects.
The flight captain had a passion for aviation and had assembled his own flight simulator.
From this point onwards, we can expect more assumptions and theories to emerge that would be based on the parameters listed above.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2014/03/27/was-mh370-ended-by-conspirators/

The new search area is approximately 319,000 sq km and around 1,850km west of Perth.

"ATSB advises the potential flight path may be the subject of further refinement as the international investigative team supporting the search continues their analysis," Amsa said, adding that Australia was re-positioning its satellites to the new area.

It follows Thailand reporting Thursday a satellite sighting of hundreds of floating objects. Japan also announced a satellite analysis indicated around 10 square floating objects in a similar area.

Five Chinese ships and an Australian naval vessel were steaming to the new zone of interest, Amsa added.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...rash-Search-area-shifts-on-new-credible-lead/

Well, so much for those meticulous calculations (and peer reviews) in the new analysis by UK aviation investigators and satellite company Inmarsat that caused the announcement that flight MH370 had almost certainly crashed into the southern Indian Ocean with all lives lost.

Does not inspire trust and confidence.

Excellent, will CNN have it. I hope so. Let's see what they have this evening.

Yes they should have it ElleElle they have shown the previous ones. I have seen them broadcast on Sky News UK also.

Hopefully some debris will be found in the next few days in the new location.

http://http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/things-you-didnt-know-your-iphone-could-do

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I found this to be a very neat thing! If the link I posted works it describes 15 things you can do on your iPhone and #4 is fascinating to me you simply click home button and speak "Planes overhead" and it will pop up flights in the sky over your current location and different altitudes and angles! I hope the link works! It just amazes me at the technology and the facts are still so sketchy!

This works!! I just did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The search area for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been updated after a new credible lead
was provided to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA).

As a result today’s search will shift to an area 1,100 kilometres to the north east based on updated
advice provided by the international investigation team in Malaysia.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), Australia’s investigation agency, has examined this
advice and determined that this is the most credible lead to where debris may be located.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/28032014MH370Update23.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member