Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, will CNN have it. I hope so. Let's see what they have this evening.

Just a further update Anderson Cooper's show on CNN is live in 7 minutes at the top of the hour according to his twitter account. Updates They are definitely showing the press conference.

Oh I get you!

Perhaps because the pings were on that arc and not narrowed down to a specific location it still goes along with the previous information?

Yes that is it! The British engineers then made those ground-breaking calculations utlizing the "Doppler Effect" to work out the possible location must have used a slower speed assumption than they now think is the case.

The Southern Indian Ocean is vast, so a shift of some 600 miles in any direction is not that major . . . its more that they are further refining the search zone.

I think that the airplane was going faster than they had previously calculated whilst in flight and therefore used its fuel supply quicker. It would have cashed further north than they expected....still in the Southern Ocean but further up. They have sent some planes and ships to the new location but I believe some will continue in the previously indicated possible debris zones.

Thanks for the clarification. At least the search is still in the general vicinity of where they originally believed the plane crashed. Just curious how fast it was travelling though?

MOO

I thought the reason they were down there was due to the objects they spotted on the sattelite images. Are they are just going to throw that in the trash.

Im beginning to think they are taking guesses like the rest of us.

Wouldnt they want to find some satellite images of debris before they go sending all the search vessels to the new spot.

Am I going crazy??

I keep thinking, ok, ok, ok....nothing they are doing (in the search) seems to be working, but ok ok they must have a plan. This is all part of a plan, certainly.

Now I am beginning to think THERE IS NO PLAN.

:banghead::banghead::banghead: is right!

So what about all these hundreds of pieces they've found on satellite???

If those are from the plane, and they were within the search area designated by whosever's calculations, then wouldn't the plane flying at a faster speed mean that the plane would be farther out, and thus those AREN"T the debris??

:scared::scared::scared:

Im totally confused now too. The only thing I can come up with as far as why they think it dropped in water shorter is because they may have calculated fuel usage and determined when it would run out of fuel but that is what our forum talked about a long time ago and we didnt think they would have enough fuel to get way down near Austrailia in the first place.

If they start heading North, I think they should go way North. Like back up near that last known waypoint. :)

Just a further update Anderson Cooper's show on CNN is live in 7 minutes at the top of the hour according to his twitter account so they should be showing the press conference.

Will be watching as usual! Since this plane disappeared, the TV has been on CNN every evening and programming I usually watched is "on hold".

:)

he Australian Maritime Safety Authority said the change came after updated the new information is based on continuing analysis of radar data between the South China Sea and the Strait of Malacca before radar contact was lost with the Boeing 777.

It said the analysis indicated the aircraft was travelling faster than previously estimated, resulting in increased fuel use and reducing the possible distance the aircraft could have flown into the Indian Ocean.

The new area is 319,000 square kilometers (123,000 square miles) and about 1,850 kilometers (1,250 miles) west of Perth, Australia, the launching area for the search. The previous search area was more southwest and about 2,500 kilometers (1,550 miles) from Perth.

“This is a credible new lead and will be thoroughly investigated today,” Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Friday.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/27/credible-lead-shifts-search-area-for-missing-jet/

But isn't it possible perhaps some other passengers were travelling on fake passports that they don't know about?

IDK. I hope someone is looking at it, hopefully the FBI?

It was my belief the FBI was investigating the passenger manifest, however I could be wrong. All I heard was there were apparently no "red flags" on the list.

MOO

Im totally confused now too. The only thing I can come up with as far as why they think it dropped in water shorter is because they may have calculated fuel usage and determined when it would run out of fuel but that is what our forum talked about a long time ago and we didnt think they would have enough fuel to get way down near Austrailia in the first place.

If they start heading North, I think they should go way North. Like back up near that last known waypoint. :)

Do you think maybe it's b/c of this 8:19 partial ping?

I am thinking that is when either the plane ran out of fuel, or when it had a sudden loss in altitude, tragically (someone on CNN said a sudden change in altitude could cause Satcom to try to communicate).

IDK, maybe they are going with 8:19 as an important point now.

JMO.

Australian news conference in approximately 30 minutes....per CNN.

OK, so it only looks like they were only 1000kms off and still in the vicinity yes? I mean if it wasn't for Inmarsat we could still be flailing around not having any idea where it was.

Hi, Mrs G Norris :wave:
I realize 1,100kms seems to be a relatively small area compared to the vast Indian Ocean but I don't think I'd be comfortable with anyone using data that couldn't come closer than a 650 mile error margin to declare anyone in my family dead.

Thanks for the clarification. At least the search is still in the general vicinity of where they originally believed the plane crashed. Just curious how fast it was travelling though?

MOO

That information hasn't been released as far as I am aware.

I thought the reason they were down there was due to the objects they spotted on the sattelite images. Are they are just going to throw that in the trash.

Im beginning to think they are taking guesses like the rest of us.

Wouldnt they want to find some satellite images of debris before they go sending all the search vessels to the new spot.

I think they are more concerned with finding the bulk of the aircraft than the floating debris. If the crash was on the 8th, floating debris could have travelled quite a ways away and who knows how long it took debris to surface and float after the crash, if in fact it went down largely intact. JMO

he Australian Maritime Safety Authority said the change came after updated the new information is based on continuing analysis of radar data between the South China Sea and the Strait of Malacca before radar contact was lost with the Boeing 777.

It said the analysis indicated the aircraft was travelling faster than previously estimated, resulting in increased fuel use and reducing the possible distance the aircraft could have flown into the Indian Ocean.

The new area is 319,000 square kilometers (123,000 square miles) and about 1,850 kilometers (1,250 miles) west of Perth, Australia, the launching area for the search. The previous search area was more southwest and about 2,500 kilometers (1,550 miles) from Perth.

“This is a credible new lead and will be thoroughly investigated today,” Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Friday.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/27/credible-lead-shifts-search-area-for-missing-jet/

So because it was traveling faster than originally thought before 2:15am, they think it kept traveling that speed until its final destination some 6 hours later? Does this mean they think it stayed on autopilot?

Right, I'm just glad there are people with the brains and expertise to even make educated estimates. If it were me, I'd still be looking for some paper and a pencil. Probably a compass and a map too because I suck at geography.

Yeah right? I'd still be back thinking; Yep, must be aliens or an act of Zeus.

I realize 1,100kms seems to be a relatively small area compared to the vast Indian Ocean but I don't think I'd be comfortable with anyone using data that couldn't come closer than a 650 mile error margin to declare anyone in my family dead.

Hi Expecting Unicorns! :wave: I know, it's got to be torture for them :(

Just as we are getting more and more determined to figure out what happened, I think it is a safe bet to say that search teams are getting more and more determined to find that thing.

Yes, I would think normally this would be the case. But I think they are now certain of the flight path and as there are no 'safe havens' in the southern ocean, nowhere a plane could land, the conclusion is that the plane definitely went down in the Southern Indian ocean. It's the question as to where in that area of ocean the plane is located. The search site is constantly being revised as new images of debris and new calculations come to light.

Nope, that doesn't do anything either.

"I didn't find anything for flights overhead"

Do you have flights overhead? I don't think I would living where I do. :floorlaugh:

Yeah right? I'd still be back thinking; Yep, must be aliens or an act of Zeus.

Off topic Hi Mrs G Norris I love your avatar photo what is your cat's name if you don't mind me asking? I have my bundle of fluff Persian Winston watching CNN with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995