Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead::banghead::banghead: is right!

So what about all these hundreds of pieces they've found on satellite???

If those are from the plane, and they were within the search area designated by whosever's calculations, then wouldn't the plane flying at a faster speed mean that the plane would be farther out, and thus those AREN"T the debris??

:scared::scared::scared:

I don't think the plane would be further out. If its was flying faster, it would have used more fuel and therefore would have come down earlier than they expected, some 600 miles north east of their previous location. The previous debris they were looking for (and are still) could still belong to the plane but have drifted further south. The more days since the crash the wider the debris field due to ocean currents.

Going to watch CNN and news conference from the comfort of bed...with prayers again tonight for the searchers.

:seeya:

That is good that the new search area is closer to Perth as it means less travel by the planes to the search area and back, thereby giving them more time to actually search.

It was my belief the FBI was investigating the passenger manifest, however I could be wrong. All I heard was there were apparently no "red flags" on the list.

MOO

Yes, ma'am. You are correct.

He confirmed that Malaysian investigators had met counterparts from the U.S. FBI, and said the investigation was focusing on the entire passenger manifest.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-live-3224818#ixzz2xDwHFV00
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

So because it was traveling faster than originally thought before 2:15am, they think it kept traveling that speed until its final destination some 6 hours later? Does this mean they think it stayed on autopilot?

BBM ~ This is very possible. Good thought!

David Winning ‏@dwinningWSJ 7m

Australia says #MH370 hunt may have been in the wrong place, diverts search crews hundreds of miles north. http://on.wsj.com/1mvzIT0

Rachel Pannett WSJ ‏@RachelPannett 10m

Search for missing #MH370 shifts hundreds of miles north because of new radar data.
http://on.wsj.com/1p8dBAX via @WSJ

Anderson cooper is just dismayed by this change in the search area and the idea that all the debris sighted before must be just junk.

Going over the planes and info about new search area we already know from Twitter updates ..

From watching Austrailian news conference....paraprhasing....
"ATSB gave info that shifts area north and determined new spot to
where debri MAY be located.

Ordering satellites to refocus on that area and sending ships + planes to that area. "

Boy, it sure sounds like a major re-focus for debri just based on radar estimates and
distance calculations based on fuel usage and speed of plane. It seems to me they would have waited until satellite images actually show debri like before. That part seems very strange.

Lol I do! Frustratingly noisy ones!!

Same. The international airport is about 15km away and there is a smaller airport much closer. I'm the type who hears low flying planes and waits to hear the crash and explosion :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak