Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, must have felt very real.

If they can get the black box they should be able to hear all that happening, what will be interesting is whether there was a voice as well.

It would be interesting and bring closure.
Truth is, no matter how this tragedy ended...it was horrific and at least one person suffered and was aware of what was transpiring. IMO

That was simply terrifying.
I am actually crying after reading that. The sirens and alarms. Ugh.

I almost didn't read that article because I thought...oh another simulator blah blah blah. SO glad I did read it because it was really a good one. imo

This, the thought of someone possibly purposefully flying to 45,000 ft to incapacitate/kill people then continuing on for 7 more hours with an eerily quiet cabin, the thought that maybe they were awake/aware for the 7/8 hours leading up to whatever happened but helpless to stop it.... The fact that we can lose an entire airplane in this day and age... The whole thing has me unsettled. :(

Sounds more like a Stephen King novel than real life doesnt it?

8:16PM, FRI 28 MAR 2014 INTERPOL: MALAYSIA HAD NOT CHECKED PASSPORT DATA ALL YEAR
Interpol: Malaysia had not checked passport database all year
Last updated Fri 28 Mar 2014
World Malaysia Malaysia Airlines
Interpol says that Malaysia's immigration department had never checked passenger's passports against the Interpol database this year prior to the disappearance of flight MH370.

In a statement Interpol said: "The truth is that in 2014 prior to the tragic disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370, Malaysia’s Immigration Department did not conduct a single check of passengers’ passports against Interpol’s databases."

8:16PM, FRI 28 MAR 2014 INTERPOL: MALAYSIA HAD NOT CHECKED PASSPORT DATA ALL YEAR
Interpol: Malaysia had not checked passport database all year
Last updated Fri 28 Mar 2014
World Malaysia Malaysia Airlines
Interpol says that Malaysia's immigration department had never checked passenger's passports against the Interpol database this year prior to the disappearance of flight MH370.

In a statement Interpol said: "The truth is that in 2014 prior to the tragic disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370, Malaysia’s Immigration Department did not conduct a single check of passengers’ passports against Interpol’s databases."

That is very bad...though it may not be relevant in this case. Jmo

Oh brilliant, thank you! Conspiracy theories are so '90's.

Haven't checked whatever link you are responding to,

Must say:

Snopes is so '90's

I am sorry, guess in my usual fashion I will get to a larger point rather than smaller.

Snopes says that "Snuff Films" are not real!!!!

Sorry, they are.

Not fabricated, not made up, just real. They always have been. I know from work, but there may even be a case or two here that are driven by $$ for snuff film.

(Maybe I missed a joke Mrs. G, didn't follow all the posts, but the CNN and Fox 24 hour clips, tell me that people really don't know, that is some crazy non-reality shiz. They can look it up though.)

That is very bad...though it may not be relevant in this case. Jmo

I get where you are coming from Clu,

BUT

This is worldwide relevant.

Not just MH370 news. We collect many things in any crisis, and this needs to be known and rectified.

I thought Interpol was on top of things. However, Interpol may not cover certian regions.......................................................

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicamisener/things-you-didnt-know-your-iphone-could-do

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but I found this to be a very neat thing! If the link I posted works it describes 15 things you can do on your iPhone and #4 is fascinating to me you simply click home button and speak "Planes overhead" and it will pop up flights in the sky over your current location and different altitudes and angles! I hope the link works! It just amazes me at the technology and the facts are still so sketchy!

It really works!
I just tried it on my phone and it gave me two planes that were overhead.
Then I went to flightaware.com to see how accurate it was, and the flights were in the area!
So neat :loveyou:

I get where you are coming from Clu,

BUT

This is worldwide relevant.

Not just MH370 news. We collect many things in any crisis, and this needs to be known and rectified.

I thought Interpol was on top of things. However, Interpol may not cover Asian regions.......................................................

I don't believe Interpol enforces anything. They simply make the information available. It is up to each government to enforce the split-second check.

On another note...Putin and Obama kissed and made up:floorlaugh:

Databases

The success of international police investigations is dependent upon the availability of up-to-date, global data.
At INTERPOL, we provide our member countries with instant, direct access to a number of criminal databases. These contain millions of records, contributed by countries across the world.
Maximizing the reach

All databases, except IBIN (INTERPOL Ballistic Information Network), are accessible real-time through the  I-24/7 network which connects all INTERPOL  National Central Bureaus (NCBs).
We are developing web server solutions to extend access beyond our NCBs to frontline law enforcement officers, such as border guards, allowing them to search the databases on wanted persons, stolen and lost travel documents and stolen motor vehicles.
 I-link is a new operating system, being continually developed to improve the quality and uniformity of data, and to enable investigators to make links between cases that would not previously have been apparent.

farther down the article also says,

But Shaheer Magdy Sayyed, the pilot on the Egyptair flight where the fire took place, says the two incidents have significant differences.

'The problem happened with my aircraft on the ground. If the same problem hapened while flying it will not last for too long before it fall'.

'It was very fortunate for me and for the passengers and the crew that it was on the ground but if it happened while the plane flying there will not be any flying, the plane will not fly all that distance and will fall immediately in its location.'

Databases

The success of international police investigations is dependent upon the availability of up-to-date, global data.
At INTERPOL, we provide our member countries with instant, direct access to a number of criminal databases. These contain millions of records, contributed by countries across the world.
Maximizing the reach

All databases, except IBIN (INTERPOL Ballistic Information Network), are accessible real-time through the  I-24/7 network which connects all INTERPOL  National Central Bureaus (NCBs).
We are developing web server solutions to extend access beyond our NCBs to frontline law enforcement officers, such as border guards, allowing them to search the databases on wanted persons, stolen and lost travel documents and stolen motor vehicles.
 I-link is a new operating system, being continually developed to improve the quality and uniformity of data, and to enable investigators to make links between cases that would not previously have been apparent.

Okay. Makes sense why a drunk 23 year old climbed an Art Museum, obtained an Interpol record, but can still take his now 40 something year old self, new found family, into other countries. I never knew Interpol is simply the same as FBI data base. (Yeah that was a friend that got drunk and decided to scale the local Museum of Fine Arts at night.)

Sounds more like a Stephen King novel than real life doesnt it?

Eerily accurate. I love his ability to mix normal scenarios with supernatural elements and make them totally creepy. But sounds far-fetched outside of his novels.

Back from school run and just catching the news conference. They changed the search area again?!?!?!?

What's happened to these 2/3/122/300 pieces that have been spotted this week??

It could still be from the plane, but it just drifted after all this time.
Thus, no crash site being found.

It seem like the search site changes every week, though.
Week 1: South China Sea
Week 2: The "Roaring 40's" in the Indian Ocean
Week 3: New area 1100 kms from previous location

Let's see what happens next week if no crash site is found.

Keir Simmons ‏@KeirSimmons 2h
Unconfirmed: “@cctvnews: Picture: suspicious object spotted by New Zealand military plane on Friday. #MH370 pic.twitter.com/bbdgJfVcdX”

Retweeted by Keir Simmons
Adrienne Mong ‏@adriennemong 2h
Regarding the image Tweeted by @cctvnews, the Australian search authorities say: "The news crews may not have captured the images." #MH370

Umm what is going on?

Semantics ... it was a NZ journo that took the photo, not an Aussie news crew member.

"This image of one the objects spotted was taken by a journalist on board the New Zealand plane"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26786549

I feel pretty much alone in this, but I am not convinced yet that Malaysia is anything more than overwhelmed and showing their lack of inexperience in leadership and technology, so far. I am not sure that many other countries would not have been equally confused in dealing with such an unprecedented catastrophe. Or more forthcoming, necessarily. IMO, all countries are touchy about their affairs. I am in a "wait and see" mode and do not take China's hostility to mean that what they say is all true. Anyway...JMO.

I'm with you on this :)
Malaysia has probably never dealt with something of this size before.
It's not like airplanes going missing is a common occurrence and every country should know how to handle a situation like this. They're a developing nation, so their technology and such isn't as high tech as other countries.

Databases

Maximizing the reach

We have heard so much about Interpol in the news and I never really knew what they did. Below is a link that tells you all you ever wanted to know about them and you can even become an interpol agent for a day (i.e., game tab). It really is interesting what they do.

http://www.interpol.int/ipsgapp/educational/tools-and-tech.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member