Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about everyone else but the notion of a "ghost plane" is freaking me out a bit... I am not normally spooked by much but the thought of a jet full of dead people flying through the skies is really unsettling!

This, the thought of someone possibly purposefully flying to 45,000 ft to incapacitate/kill people then continuing on for 7 more hours with an eerily quiet cabin, the thought that maybe they were awake/aware for the 7/8 hours leading up to whatever happened but helpless to stop it.... The fact that we can lose an entire airplane in this day and age... The whole thing has me unsettled. :(

Journalist on NZ search plane today posts photo of object seen. It's white (or maybe light blue?), man-made, perfectly rectangular, and could be anything:

9FG6aKO.jpg

wow...:please: it's from MH370
the families need closure

I really don't. I guess that's one of the cool things about being on SSDI. I can make my own schedules. It does make it harder to get day stuff done, but it doesn't cramp my style too much.

Quiet You!!

SNITCH (Popsicle) ------> <------- (Steely) GOOD GUY!

oh oh..the folded chair is back...:floorlaugh:

7 am in Australia correct? Please find something today.....

Oops, maybe 4 am in Perth, sorry.

The below statement is confusing to me.

Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said it was not yet clear whether Malaysia and China would continue a co-share arrangement on the flight route between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing.

“We obviously will be in discussion with China Southern on this because that flight is a co-share,” he said.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/sea...-objects-spotted/story-fniztvnf-1226867105992

“So far Boeing has not provided any form of funding but they are in full cooperation with the investigation team, and ourselves as well, trying to find out what happened to MH370.”

The above statement I am not sure who said it but I don't know why Boeing would be expected to pay anything. jmo That's like me crashing my ford/chevy whatever and them paying to help in any aspect of it.

The other day there was an expert I was watching on TV. He was explaining that if they find any cell phones, ipads, laptops etc... they will be able to preserve them and extract any videos, messages etc that are on them. It was fascinating listening to him explain it.

really? even if they have been submerged in water for an extended period of time?

wow...:please: it's from MH370

I hope so. Could be a chip box cover or something, but seriously. I have no depth perception I suppose, or too many photos and art.

Looks like a piece of paper to me. :cry:

Wonder if geokaren is good with photos?

really? even if they have been submerged in water for an extended period of time?

That's what he said but I don't recall the definition of extended period of time.

Maybe someone can tweet CNN that question? :lol:

I hope so. Could be a chip box cover or something, but seriously. I have no depth perception I suppose, or too many photos and art.

Looks like a piece of paper to me. :cry:

Wonder if geokaren is good with photos?
:floorlaugh: That's what I thought too.

I'm not so convinced that the items have anything to do with MH370. The Indian Ocean seems to be very polluted with plastics and other refuse dumped throughout.

As far as Boeing paying, I would expect them to settle and pay something strictly due to PR reasons NOT because of unproven mechanical failure or any liability on their part.

So even if the plane is never found, do not be surprised if/when Boeing pays because it will show good faith and the plane is insured. But do NOT expect Boeing to take responsibility for having a defective machine if this is not proven to be the case.

Flight recreated in 777 simulator

Nestled in the captain's seat of a Boeing 777, you get a chill up your spine. It is dark outside - inky black, in fact.

I'm at FlightCity in Jandakot, Australia's only Boeing 777 simulator. It's as real as it gets without flying the real thing. I am about to fly the same route as MH370.

The cockpit is the exact replica and I have a former 777 captain as my co-pilot.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/22235213/flight-recreated-in-777-simulator/

This, the thought of someone possibly purposefully flying to 45,000 ft to incapacitate/kill people then continuing on for 7 more hours with an eerily quiet cabin, the thought that maybe they were awake/aware for the 7/8 hours leading up to whatever happened but helpless to stop it.... The fact that we can lose an entire airplane in this day and age... The whole thing has me unsettled. :(
Yep, it reinforces my idea of never ever flying in a plane. :scared:
I'll just keep my feet on the ground. :please: Praying for those families. I was taking a nap and woke up hoping to find some news here. :sad: They must be for sure they are in the right place searching today. This just has to be a logical choice to move the search.

In the wake of MH370’s disappearance, aviation experts have criticized the black box system. Among the critics is Canadian engineer Pierre Jiennoy, who worked on black box technology 40 years ago. Jiennoy told the CBC that the current black box is “obsolete."

Jiennoy is now on the board of one of two Canadian firms that have already built black box systems that live stream flight data.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-to-australia#block-53357503e4b053cc1d015e77

Flight recreated in 777 simulator

Nestled in the captain's seat of a Boeing 777, you get a chill up your spine. It is dark outside - inky black, in fact.

I'm at FlightCity in Jandakot, Australia's only Boeing 777 simulator. It's as real as it gets without flying the real thing. I am about to fly the same route as MH370.

The cockpit is the exact replica and I have a former 777 captain as my co-pilot.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa/a/22235213/flight-recreated-in-777-simulator/

That was simply terrifying.
I am actually crying after reading that. The sirens and alarms. Ugh.

Watching the news and footage of the search planes and how close they seem to be to the sea.

Why can't someone or something be winched out of one of these planes or a helicopter, to pick up the items they can see? And where the hell are all these ships that have been on their way for days? So frustrating to see pictures of items that are then left for another night, never to be seen again.

I am getting cross!!!:pullhair:

EDIT: ^^^ That means I am pulling my hair out, not that I have nits...

5 die as IAF's Hercules crashes mysteriously

The five who died are Wing Commanders P Joshi and Raji Nair, Sq Leaders K Mishra and A Yadav, and Warrant Officer Krishna Pal Singh.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...crashes-mysteriously/articleshow/32867170.cms

The C-130J Super Hercules plane was used mainly for transportation purposes by the Indian Air Force and
it was also deployed while assisting Malaysia in its search for the missing jet MH-370.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2014-03/28/c_133221318.htm

In my opinion the MH370 tragedy now has 244 victims.
They were part of the search, whether they were searching or not at the time is not important.

It's a reminder that these searchers are risking their lives to find this wreckage and bodies.
Hopefully there will not be any more lives lost in the search for MH370. :twocents:

That was simply terrifying.
I am actually crying after reading that. The sirens and alarms. Ugh.

I know, must have felt very real.

If they can get the black box they should be able to hear all that happening, what will be interesting is whether there was a voice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove