Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese citizens, furious with Malaysia’s bungled handling of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, are canceling their vacation plans, encouraged by celebrities like Chinese actor Chen Kun, who called for a travel boycott of Malaysia. Travel agents in China say bookings have already dropped 50% in the last two weeks, compared with the same period a year ago.
+
“Malaysian tourism is now nearly at a standstill,” Ge Lei, the general manager of China CYTS tours said in a statement (link in Chinese), announcing it would cancel a partnership with Malaysia Airlines. “We never thought of boycotting Malaysia or Malaysian tourism, but consumers feel insecure traveling with Malaysia Airlines, so we need to respond to consumer demand.”

http://qz.com/192630/the-missing-ma...l-engine-of-the-countrys-economy/#/h/57168,1/

wow, that's a pretty huge drop

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...bsurdly-difficult-lets-put-it-in-perspective/

For those interested in the size of the area this link has an overlay of the area on the usa and the country (island) of Australia as a reference to the size of the area. I know for folks that have not had the opportunity to see the vastness of the worlds o0cean have a hard time comprehending the size. One other thing to keep in mind is that the planes are flying low enough to have a visual and that alone limits your visibility as to how far out you can see over the waves iirc 30 and 40 foot. jmo idk

I think it's a safe beat that that will not happen, I have a feeling that france and usa will be the ones in the submersible in retrieving the black box (it's really orange) and probably analyze its contents before it's known to be discovered. jmo

I would hope they could do that although I think the way the boxes are sealed very well that anyone opening it could never hide that it was opened.

Maybe they should open it and analyze it and turn it over and just claim they didnt touch it. Just deny they ever touched it even though it will be obvious it was opened. Seems to be an approach that Malaysia takes with some information so payback time.

Seriously, I do fear and have good reasons to fear that Malaysia will not tell the truth of whatever is on that box. Lawsuits are starting and so this is serious stuff what is on that box and they cannot be trusted. Someone needs to get to that box before turning over to Malaysia.

Here is 1 solution......Have a multi-national opening and analyzing of the box. EVERYONE GETS TO WATCH.
(Boeing I am sure will want to be in the room along with other countries officials)

Chinese citizens, furious with Malaysia’s bungled handling of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, are canceling their vacation plans, encouraged by celebrities like Chinese actor Chen Kun, who called for a travel boycott of Malaysia. Travel agents in China say bookings have already dropped 50% in the last two weeks, compared with the same period a year ago.
+
“Malaysian tourism is now nearly at a standstill,” Ge Lei, the general manager of China CYTS tours said in a statement (link in Chinese), announcing it would cancel a partnership with Malaysia Airlines. “We never thought of boycotting Malaysia or Malaysian tourism, but consumers feel insecure traveling with Malaysia Airlines, so we need to respond to consumer demand.”

http://qz.com/192630/the-missing-ma...l-engine-of-the-countrys-economy/#/h/57168,1/

wow, that's a pretty huge drop

And for MAL, brutal.
Read below....

http://www.businessweek.com/article...irlines-was-in-trouble-long-before-flight-370

:eek:fftopic: yikes, plane just crashed into the sea in the Canary islands today, BBC newsflash :(

ETA: BBC news gives me another newsflash saying it was a false alarm boat mistaken for a plane! WTH?!

My heart was in my mouth my niece is flying to gran canaria.

Saw your ETA just as I was coming to post the false alarm..

Anyone got any brandy?

Originally Posted by Boodles
I hate to be negative, but I have to get this out. This is impossible. The area is too broad and too dynamic with weather, winds and currents. The search vessels are not fast enough to reach (days old) sightings before they move (either laterally or vertically).

A dog has a better chance of catching its tail. The vastness of this search is just too much. Part of me wants them to stop before there are more casualties.

Not only that, this VAST area of ocean floor has never been mapped. Active volcanoes, mountain ranges on par with the Himalayas, canyons, earthquakes constantly shifting the terrain. When dinosaurs went extinct 60 MILLION years ago, India was an island off the southeast coast of Africa.

My point is that this portion of our Earth is violently and rapidly changing. The 'haystack' to be searched for a needle is constantly changing.

I agree that this "debris catching" may well be impossible. I'm not sure if they are trying to plot back to a possible impact site.

That said, there are other things involved here, number one being money...

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/26/mh370-lawsuit-to-be-filed/

On the upside, it's fantastic seeing so many countries working together (and that in itself probably has some great strategic and diplomatic value), particularly Japan and China being in the same space.

Retweeted by Stephen Trimble
Flightradar24.com ‏@flightradar24 3m
This is probably the boat/crane that started the aircraft crash rumour. pic.twitter.com/ZGHS7kWiha

https://twitter.com/FG_STrim

Attachments

• BjvobFBCMAADxAx.jpg
    BjvobFBCMAADxAx.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 28

Anyone got any brandy?

I know, crazy!
No brandy here, nice wine though!

CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 29m
Video: China sends 7 more ships in search for #MH370 in the target area, raising the total to 12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtKLwlUIt4&list=UUgrNz-aDmcr2uuto8_DL2jg …
https://twitter.com/cctvnews
So, currently, there are 12 ships in the area? Do you know if any more are going?
It sure seems like something would have been picked out of the water by now. The boats have been there for at least 3 days (at least the 1 china boat), and they dont have to come back at nightfall so they have all day during daylight hours to search.

Something is not making sense to me. The waterlogged theory of debris actually being under the water maybe what most of the objects are.

The current debris photos have no reference point. Ideally, they need satellite images that include debris and ships. Once they have a group of ships scattered around (for reference), they'll be able to close in on the debris.

Anyone got any brandy?

No brandy but Boodles may have some of my favorite gin. With some tonic and a twist of lime.

I agree that this "debris catching" may well be impossible. I'm not sure if they are trying to plot back to a possible impact site.

That said, there are other things involved here, number one being money...

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/26/mh370-lawsuit-to-be-filed/

On the upside, it's fantastic seeing so many countries working together (and that in itself probably has some great strategic and diplomatic value), particularly Japan and China being in the same space.

Agree.

I do think by now just by sheer luck they should have been able to pluck something from the ocean by now. Just being in the vicinity should have allowed them to find something.

Assuming they are in the right spot, there would have to be other debris around too so by sheer luck it seems they should have found something by now.

The waterlogged debris sinking maybe what is causing them to not find anything. Once the weather turned then anything that was barely floating could sink back down.

It is really sad that weather has not cooperated. That seems to be one of the biggest issues for that area.

The current debris photos have no reference point. Ideally, they need satellite images that include debris and ships. Once they have a group of ships scattered around (for reference), they'll be able to close in on the debris.

Excellent Point. We need photos of the ships in relation to the debris.

How come we dont have that by now. Surely we cant be the only ones thinking of these great ideas.

(or are we. Is it a fair question that the search control would not have even thought of that yet?)

ETA--I mean seriously (sorry so frustrated). Once they spotted that debri, then the same satellite photo could be expanded to find the ships who should have been able to tell the sattelite people exactly what GPS location the ship is at on any given day/time.

This seems like it is very doable and why in the world is that not available already. Sorry so upset with this.

I seriously hope other governments demand they get access to the black box first before Malaysia since they are spending all the money to find it.

I think that the chances of finding the black box are pretty remote. The pings have a range of about 4kms. The search area is in a water depth of about 4000metres or 4kms. Searchers are going to have to be on top of the box to find it.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/missing-plane-black-box-chirps-mid-april-23073498

respectfully snipped for space...Seriously, I do fear and have good reasons to fear that Malaysia will not tell the truth of whatever is on that box. Lawsuits are starting and so this is serious stuff what is on that box and they cannot be trusted. Someone needs to get to that box before turning over to Malaysia.

It's doubtful Malaysia has the technical capacity to doctor black box recordings, nor, given the international scrutiny they are under, will they be afforded the opportunity.

Multiple entities are on the ground working with Malaysian officials (NTSB, FBI, British aviation board, Boeing, Rolls Royce, Inmarsat). Way too many eyes.

Malaysian officials have been at times overwhelmed, inept and incompetent.

But they haven't outright fabricated physical evidence for MH-370. They won't start with the black boxes.

I think that the chances of finding the black box are pretty remote. The pings have a range of about 4kms. The search area is in a water depth of about 4000metres or 4kms. Searchers are going to have to be on top of the box to find it.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/missing-plane-black-box-chirps-mid-april-23073498

It is looking very grim at this point. A guy on CNN said last night that he talked to someone who was doing audits on the batteries used in Malaysia black boxes which have to be changed out every so often. Malaysia was flagged on the audit of storing them in hot humid storage sheds. It reduced the life of the batteries to up to 1/2 because of where they were storing them.

Malaysia changed location and then a month or 2 later he found that Malasia was right back to storing them in same hot humid shed.

The guy said it is likely the black box on the plane has already stopped pinging its location.

So it may take years now to find the plane on bottom and the box. Once they find the estiamted location of where plane went down the only way to find it will be a sea floor surface sweep using Woods methods. It will take a very long time but can be done. We are probably looking at years now to find the box itself.

But to find floating debri and confirm plane went down should be any day now IMO if they are in right area. That is all I want. Find debri and confirm plane went down in ocean.

It's doubtful Malaysia has the technical capacity to doctor black box recordings, nor, given the international scrutiny they are under, will they be afforded the opportunity.

Multiple entities are on the ground working with Malaysian officials (NTSB, FBI, British aviation board, Boeing, Rolls Royce, Inmarsat). Way too many eyes.

Malaysian officials have been at times overwhelmed, inept and incompetent.

But they haven't outright fabricated physical evidence for MH-370. They won't start with the black boxes.

I politely disagree that Malaysia wont try to demand they get sole ownership of the box and try to hide or change the results of what was on the box information.

Check out what Egypt did in the investigation results of their plane wreck. Sorry dont know which plane but it was talked about a lot. Egypt claimed result was B and other nations claimed result was A.

The Egyptian report suggested several different control failure scenarios as possible causes of the crash, focusing on a possible failure of one of the right elevator's Power Control Units.[2] While the NTSB's report did not determine a specific reason for the Relief First Officer's actions,[1] the primary theory is that he committed suicide.[3] Supporting their deliberate-act conclusion, the NTSB report determined that no mechanical failure scenario could result in airplane movements that matched those recorded by the flight data recorder, and that even had any of the failure scenarios forwarded by the Egyptian authorities occurred, the aircraft would still have been recoverable because of the 767's redundant elevator control system.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EgyptAir_Flight_990"]EgyptAir Flight 990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I visualize sat as giant spotlight shining down on large swaths of earth. Its fascinating that different countries sat "get to" find a debris field each with no overlap although they are said to be close together !

I can see how hard it is to spot stuff just interesting that there has been no overlap!

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit"]Low Earth orbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I politely disagree that Malaysia wont try to demand they get sole ownership of the box and try to hide or change the results of what was on the box information.

Check out what Egypt did in the investigation results of their plane wreck. Sorry dont know which plane but it was talked about a lot. Egypt claimed result was B and other nations claimed result was A.

Malaysia has not fabricated any physical evidence for MH-370.

Egypt did not fabricate any physical evidence for Egytair 990. Egypt didn't doctor the black box in that air disaster. At all.

As EleyMae's post indicates above, Egypt didn't like the conclusion of pilot homicide/suicide. So they took actual benign readings from the FDR and tried to argue they were causal and catastrophic.

The EgyptAir 990 example should hearten us that the black boxes, if found, will have their info released undoctored and in full.

Now, of course, interpretations of their information may well differ...

Not only that, this VAST area of ocean floor has never been mapped. Active volcanoes, mountain ranges on par with the Himalayas, canyons, earthquakes constantly shifting the terrain. When dinosaurs went extinct 60 MILLION years ago, India was an island off the southeast coast of Africa.

My point is that this portion of our Earth is violently and rapidly changing. The 'haystack' to be searched for a needle is constantly changing.

India is actually a subcontinent and is still moving north. That is the reason why we have Himalayas and Tibetan Plateau.
http://www.mrdowling.com/612india.html

We know more about the Moon or Mars surface than our own ocean floor. I do wonder if assuming if the wreckage of MH370 could be affected by underwater volcano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm