Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are still using the same old tactics they have been using for decades, but maybe they will realize it is not working in their own country anymore and certainly not on a global stage either.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...irlines-catalyst-pol-2014326114154815905.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2014/03/malaysia-airlines-flight-this-n-201431991420818737.html

This Transparency International Index linked above is fascinating!

:earth:

KUALA LUMPUR: The government today shot down Pakatan Rakyat’s proposal to set up a Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) or Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) to investigate Flight MH370’s disappearance.
Instead, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department, Shahidan Kassim told the Dewan Rakyat that the government will consider the calls only after the plane’s black box is found.
“What matters now is the search for the black box,” said Shahidan, when presenting his winding up speech on the Royal address.
“While we wait, we shall consider both proposals. We have discussed it at length because we are trying to avoid focusing on other issues aside from the black box,” he said.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/27/no-rci-psc-on-mh370-for-now/

Speaking of that, just saw this new article:

Chicago law firm plans to represent passengers on board Malaysian flight

NEW YORK/KUALA LUMPUR - A Chicago-based law firm said it expects to represent families of more than half of the passengers on board the missing Malaysian Airlines flight in a lawsuit against the carriers and Boeing Co, alleging the plane had crashed due to mechanical failure.

The Beijing-bound flight MH370 disappeared more than two weeks ago, and was announced to have crashed into the remote southern Indian ocean with all 239 on board presumed to have died.

"Our theory of the case is that there was a failure of the equipment in the cockpit that may have caused a fire that rendered the crew unconscious, or perhaps because of the defects in the fuselage which had been reported before there was some loss in the cabin pressure that also made the pilot and co-pilot unconscious," Monica Kelly, head of Global Aviation Litigation at Ribbeck Law, told reporters.

"That plane was actually a ghost plane for several hours until it ran out of fuel."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...an-airlines-lawsuits-20140326,0,6766396.story

How could they possibly know this when nobody else does? :waitasec:

"The big target would be Boeing because the families could sue in U.S. courts," said Gary Logan, a Las Vegas attorney who handles aviation accident suits. "The U.S. is the place to be in terms of collecting damages."

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-malaysia-plane-20140326,0,536940.story#ixzz2xBi7kIzG

Businessweek talked to Ribbeck spokesman Mervin Mateo, who said about the petition over the phone, "That's usually how we begin the process. We have our own experts doing their investigation. If the wreckage is not found, there would be little or no evidence we can rely on.

Read more at http://www.lawyerherald.com/article...-to-future-litigation.htm#HWI4YSiKUleRTj0D.99

Stephen Trimble ‏@FG_STrim Mar 25 https://twitter.com/FG_STrim
@*advertiser censored* if we don't find black boxes, no chance of having probable cause. Odds of finding black boxes seems very low. Maybe we'll be lucky

What a mess.

KUALA LUMPUR: The government today shot down Pakatan Rakyat’s proposal to set up a Parliamentary Select Committee (PSC) or Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) to investigate Flight MH370’s disappearance.
Instead, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department, Shahidan Kassim told the Dewan Rakyat that the government will consider the calls only after the plane’s black box is found.
“What matters now is the search for the black box,” said Shahidan, when presenting his winding up speech on the Royal address.
“While we wait, we shall consider both proposals. We have discussed it at length because we are trying to avoid focusing on other issues aside from the black box,” he said.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2014/03/27/no-rci-psc-on-mh370-for-now/

This is what they have said a couple of times in relation to investigating the how/why/who also :( I think they also said the same or similar at the press conference with the Malaysian Airlines guys - basically, we can't answer that because our only focus is on x.

I've just read an article on wantchinatimes.com and saw information in it that i hadn't seen before, some of you may possibly have seen it already, just wondering if its a legitimate news source...

can i share it? Is that site on the permitted list?

This is what they have said a couple of times in relation to investigating the how/why/who also :( I think they also said the same or similar at the press conference with the Malaysian Airlines guys - basically, we can't answer that because our only focus is on x.

Right. Am I wrong in assuming that by setting up a committee to investigate the crash...they will be the ones analyzing the black box?

I've just read an article on wantchinatimes.com and saw information in it that i hadn't seen before, some of you may possibly have seen it already, just wondering if its a legitimate news source...

can i share it? Is that site on the permitted list?

I think it is a news source so can be quoted? Are you talking about this?

http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20140326000088&cid=1103

On Wednesday, a staff member in Malaysia Air's media department, told the Beijing Youth Daily that the mysterious 13th crew member is a Chinese employee for the airline who happened to be on the flight as a passenger. Due to the overlap the man was categorized as a "passenger" in earlier press releases, the staff member said before denying requests to identify the individual.

The newspaper also stated that a written response provided later by an airline staffer named Adlina Azharuddin explained that there were 226 passengers, 12 crew and an additional Malaysia Airline staff member on board the flight, but did not elaborate on the earlier verbal response.

Went looking on official sites, and found the statement that it highlighted...

Monday, March 24, 10:15 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - Media Statement 23

Note: The communication below was shared with the family members of passengers and crew of MH370

Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume that MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia’s Prime Minister, new analysis of satellite data suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean.

On behalf of all of us at Malaysia Airlines and all Malaysians, our prayers go out to all the loved ones of the 226 passengers and of our 13 friends and colleagues at this enormously painful time.

We know there are no words that we or anyone else can say which can ease your pain. We will continue to provide assistance and support to you, as we have done since MH370 first disappeared in the early hours of 8 March, while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

The ongoing multinational search operation will continue, as we seek answers to the questions which remain. Alongside the search for MH370, there is an intensive investigation, which we hope will also provide answers.

We would like to assure you that Malaysia Airlines will continue to give you our full support throughout the difficult weeks and months ahead.

Once again, we humbly offer our sincere thoughts, prayers and condolences to everyone affected by this tragedy.

I think i saw this discussed earlier, but in every news story i find it states 227 passengers & 12 crew. Is this an error that has been corrected somewhere? I do know that crew members do fly "short haul" to pick up a "long haul" flight, so fully understand why they could have been on board, but it's a bit odd to say it in an official statement then never refer to again?

The FBI will soon complete its analysis of data from a flight simulator taken from the home of the pilot, the US agency's director has said.

Malaysia "took us up on our technical abilities, which involves the exploitation of certain computer forensic materials that they've given to us. That work is ongoing," Comey told a House subcommittee meeting to discuss the FBI's 2015 budget request.

"I don't want to say more about that in an open setting, but I expect it to be done fairly shortly, within a day or two."

Comey did not indicate whether the results of the analysis would be made public.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Heard the FBI guy that has been on CNN say that it will be given to Malaysia authorities and it would be up to them to make it public. They were guessing around Friday should be handing over the info.

Went looking on official sites, and found the statement that it highlighted...

Monday, March 24, 10:15 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - Media Statement 23

Note: The communication below was shared with the family members of passengers and crew of MH370

Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume that MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia’s Prime Minister, new analysis of satellite data suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean.

On behalf of all of us at Malaysia Airlines and all Malaysians, our prayers go out to all the loved ones of the 226 passengers and of our 13 friends and colleagues at this enormously painful time.

We know there are no words that we or anyone else can say which can ease your pain. We will continue to provide assistance and support to you, as we have done since MH370 first disappeared in the early hours of 8 March, while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

The ongoing multinational search operation will continue, as we seek answers to the questions which remain. Alongside the search for MH370, there is an intensive investigation, which we hope will also provide answers.

We would like to assure you that Malaysia Airlines will continue to give you our full support throughout the difficult weeks and months ahead.

Once again, we humbly offer our sincere thoughts, prayers and condolences to everyone affected by this tragedy.

I think i saw this discussed earlier, but in every news story i find it states 227 passengers & 12 crew. Is this an error that has been corrected somewhere? I do know that crew members do fly "short haul" to pick up a "long haul" flight, so fully understand why they could have been on board, but it's a bit odd to say it in an official statement then never refer to again?

Can't find much, but this on March 24th, I think refering to the news conference last Monday.

Somewhat surprisingly, Malaysia Airlines said last night that its “prayers go out to all the loved ones of the 226 passengers and of our 13 friends and colleagues” – even though the passenger manifest shows 227 passengers and 12 crew. The airline has not yet explained the discrepancy.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...pparent-suicide-mission-official-sources-say/

Can't find much, but this on March 24th, I think refering to the news conference last Monday.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...pparent-suicide-mission-official-sources-say/

It's all very odd, in my opinion. I do think we're being fed titbits that can be taken or reported in whatever way "someone" (unsure who) wants us to think... This is obviously of little interest to msm or they'd have been all over it?

Also makes me wonder if any other "snippets" like this have been slipped into news articles, so small, but little puzzle pieces, that we may have overlooked.
Or have i just been reading too much?

We're in this for a loooooong time, i believe, no answers will be forthcoming soon.

Where? When? It's only 3 a.m. there. Too early to call a delay.

I thought I just heard on CNN that the search for today was called off due to bad weather. I may have heard that wrong. Hopefully someone can back me up or correct me on that.

I thought I just heard on CNN that the search for today was called off due to bad weather. I may have heard that wrong. Hopefully someone can back me up or correct me on that.

Stop watching CNN and coming here :D, you know they are delayed 24 hours with breaking news. :p

It might be, but nothing in MSM has been posted about postponing the search for Friday the 28th (it's Friday in Australia now) :)

CNN must be working on yesterday's news :rollseyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member