Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are NOT dumb in any way, you at least are trying to understand a complex topic by sharing and probing. It's the F*wits on the news and twitter who pretend to be experts that make me scream at my screen :D

Thank you. I feel better about not understanding any of it!:floorlaugh:

You should get verified. Your knowledge is fascinating,to me, and I'm sure to others. :seeya:

How do I do that? I do have links to scholarly articles I have published and was even on the JPEG2000 committee for geographic imaging.

How do I do that? I do have links to scholarly articles I have published and was even on the JPEG2000 committee for geographic imaging.

This should explain verification. (I'm fine with what you have posted already. :) )

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Bringing this post over from previous thread...

March 26, 2014

Mr Hussein Malaysia’s Defence and acting Transport Minister Mr Hussein said he presumed that any debris from the missing plane would be brought to Australia and he suggested that it would fall to Australia as well to investigate.

However under ICAO laws, if the plane crashed in international waters, the investigation is the responsibility of the country of the carrier

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...-in-indian-ocean/story-fnizu68q-1226863821771

Quite a mountain of info on following link & from around page 26 on the pdf...

ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization)

http://www.icao.int/safety/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.icao.int/publications/Documents/10004_cons_en.pdf

This might be a good time for many of our nations to pat ourselves on the back about how our tax dollars pay for sophisticated equipment like so many of us are bringing in/using in this search :)

So often we hear about the horrible things military spending ends up going for (war is horrible by nature), but in cases of disasters and searches like this, countries like Malaysia couldn't do it by themselves. They don't have the equipment.

Looks like the only 'big power' not adding/offering* their hi-tech resources is Russia. They aren't being very cooperative in the world recently :( But hey, so many of us are, and that's so nice to see.

* Y'all correct me if they have offered and I missed it! I'd hate to criticize unfairly.

I hate to be negative, but I have to get this out. This is impossible. The area is too broad and too dynamic with weather, winds and currents. The search vessels are not fast enough to reach (days old) sightings before they move (either laterally or vertically).

A dog has a better chance of catching its tail. The vastness of this search is just too much. Part of me wants them to stop before there are more casualties.

My dog frequently catches her own tail, FWIW. :laughitup:

Stupid question, but is there any reason why they haven’t used any submersibles yet? Is it just because they haven’t been able to get any in position yet, or because they’re waiting until they get some confirmation that they’re in the right area?

Wouldn’t the debris that’s already sunk, be less likely to move at this point, therefore easier to find?

Not really, it was dark. the satellite is a passive sensor, not an active one so it only collects data when the sun is high - thus the collection between 10-1PM local time, the data would be useless at 8AM since the sun would be so low in the sky you wouldn't get usable images.

But images from the day of the disappearance of 370 between 10 am and 1 pm might show debris in the suspected area of the crash, before it got really dispersed and churned up in the ocean. Is that a possibility? Thanks

Thank you. I feel better about not understanding any of it!:floorlaugh:

You should get verified. Your knowledge is fascinating,to me, and I'm sure to others. :seeya:

I'm sorry, was that explanation too technical? I can tend to get down in my own weeds. I can clarify if you like.

But images from the day of the disappearance of 370 between 10 am and 1 pm might show debris in the suspected area of the crash, before it got really dispersed and churned up in the ocean. Is that a possibility? Thanks

it's doubtful that there was even a earth observation satellite in position to collect images over that area. satellites have a limited area of coverage and it would be highly unlikely that they would routinely collect imagery in such a remote area of the high seas. It's expensive to collect and process. Digital Globe also does 'customer tasking' so you can pay to have images collected over your area of interest. I would expect that the satellites were busy earning their keep elsewhere at the time.

Remember, at the beginning we were all looking much closer to Malaysia too.

I agree, it's odd and wonder why it hasn't been questioned. Maybe the media/MSM does not want to appear they are picking at them. It also seems like an odd mistake for Malaysia to make and to me it is not so plausible it is a mistake, could they be so lax or sloppy they didn't know immediately how many people were on their crew?

I was just thinking of one of our neighbours, she's cabin crew with BA and often gets a last minute flight "standby" from GLA to LHR to pick up her "shift" plane... But it'd be known she was standby, and crew? I wonder if the 13th person they speak of is the mechanic quoted? But the MAS statement was the only time anyone had referred to them as being a colleague?

There's heaps i've been re-reading, as i really think i've missed something... I also only found out yesterday that Richard Quest of CNN had interviewed the co-pilot "randomly" about 4-5 weeks ago?

*away back to reading...*

it's doubtful that there was even a earth observation satellite in position to collect images over that area. satellites have a limited area of coverage and it would be highly unlikely that they would routinely collect imagery in such a remote area of the high seas. It's expensive to collect and process. Digital Globe also does 'customer tasking' so you can pay to have images collected over your area of interest. I would expect that the satellites were busy earning their keep elsewhere at the time.

Remember, at the beginning we were all looking much closer to Malaysia too.

Thanks. Thad does make sense. Remote is an understatement. Didn't think of that.

I'm sorry, was that explanation too technical? I can tend to get down in my own weeds. I can clarify if you like.

No. That was perfect! I gotcha.
I think I even know that satellites use the sunlight, correct?
That is why they don't capture images at night???:please:

I was just thinking of one of our neighbours, she's cabin crew with BA and often gets a last minute flight "standby" from GLA to LHR to pick up her "shift" plane... But it'd be known she was standby, and crew? I wonder if the 13th person they speak of is the mechanic quoted? But the MAS statement was the only time anyone had referred to them as being a colleague?

There's heaps i've been re-reading, as i really think i've missed something... I also only found out yesterday that Richard Quest of CNN had interviewed the co-pilot "randomly" about 4-5 weeks ago?

*away back to reading...*

really? wow, I'd love to see/read that one!

No. That was perfect! I gotcha.
I think I even know that satellites use the sunlight, correct?
That is why they don't capture images at night???:please:

basically. there is also multispectral but we don't care about that here - just good old sunlight!!

:clap::clap:

What I want to know is this...
When they see something on the satellite why don't they start looking the direction it WENT?

Like say they see something at location A from two days ago.
Well look at location B, where those things would be 2 days later.
Then work your way back to location A if you don't find it.
When they go to location A they are just chasing the objects as they keep moving! :banghead:

I feel the same way about missing kids that wandered away.
When a toddler wanders off I feel they should start at the FURTHER distance and work their way in.

That way you may run into/intercept what you are looking for...
Rather than missing it as it keeps moving AWAY from you and you can't catch up.
:twocents:

My dog also catches her own tail now that she's lost 15 pounds. :seeya:

My dog frequently catches her own tail, FWIW. :laughitup:

Stupid question, but is there any reason why they haven’t used any submersibles yet? Is it just because they haven’t been able to get any in position yet, or because they’re waiting until they get some confirmation that they’re in the right area?

Wouldn’t the debris that’s already sunk, be less likely to move at this point, therefore easier to find?

I am starting to agree that this is impossible. The thought of those tiny kids in there... :please:

WSJ Asia ‏@WSJAsia 15h

"Boss Mo:" 2-year-old on #MH370 nicknamed for the way he strutted around like a little executive.
http://graphicsweb.wsj.com/documents/ImageGrid/?slug=0325PASSENGERS?mod=e2tw

A stormy day in the Roaring Forties. Same latitude where MH370 remains maybe at. :eek:

暴風圏 - Roaring Forties - YouTube

US sending undersea drone to search for wreckage of MH370
By PHIL STEWART, ReutersMarch 25, 2014 7:31am

The U.S. disclosure that it was pre-positioning the sonar-equipped Bluefin "autonomous underwater vehicle" in Australia came hours after Malaysia announced that the jetliner which disappeared over two weeks ago had crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.

All 239 people on board were presumed dead, airline officials said.

"We have more than 200 families out there that are grieving right now. They just got some stark news today from the Malaysian government," said Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby, adding the "the whole world grieves with them."

The Bluefin drone is just over 17 feet (5 meters) long and weighs 1,764 pounds (800 kg), according to a Navy factsheet. Kirby said it can operate for more than a day at slower speeds.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/stor...ndersea-drone-to-search-for-wreckage-of-mh370

As for aerial drones....I read this morning that it would reveal drone capabilities and the nations involved will not jeopardize their own national security or military capabilities.

I should have read all of the posts before I posted asking about submersibles. :laughitup:

What I want to know is this...
When they see something on the satellite why don't they start looking the direction it WENT?

Like say they see something at location A from two days ago.
Well look at location B, where those things would be 2 days later.
Then work your way back to location A if you don't find it.
When they go to location A they are just chasing the objects as they keep moving! :banghead:

Good question!

really? wow, I'd love to see/read that one!

I really hope i don't get in trouble for posting this link, i *think* it's a tv channel site... The picture circulated of the handsome, smiling co-pilot on all news pages has been cropped to cut Richard out of it? This link below has the picture in it, and some comments from Richard.

There's so many things make no sense to me 😳

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/03/18/fariq-hamid-pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members