Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably my favorite statement thus far:

"So far investigators have not come across evidence to prove or disprove pilots involvement"

WTH?

It pretty much means settlement city and no answers for the family.

With what I know now, it seems to be guilt by the action of human hands but we can't say this with 100% certainty until we locate critical items on the plane.

I have a feeling that the simulator results came with many irregularities but even still, this is no "smoking gun" which means there IS probably a gun but it's just not hot to the touch.

I am a bit shocked that so many people think a terrorism plot or even a suicide must come with a confession to be real. If that is the case, our jails would be empty.

are you guys (previous posts) discussing Richard Quest? he's very big internationally on "CNN international" and well respected (totally different channel to sister network CNN US by the way, almost like comparing Sky to BBC) - we've all known him for many years, over a decade and he is a very familiar face and voice. He's the business correspondent and aviation correspondent and does the monthly business travel show too

I assume they were talking about Quest. He is sort of an odd duck, but I kind of like him. I get the impression that he is at least very intelligent and isn't trying to push a personal agenda.

geokaren;

Was there anything recognizable in any of the released satellite images?

Are they normally that blurry, or seemingly nothing, if they are images of something other than nature moving?

The last ones from Thailand are especially odd, sort of lumpy, ha, ha.

The easiest things to look for are sharp angles, since they don't occur in nature. There were surely some things on those images but it is hard to tell what - they use more than one image to geolocate so if something is in movement at the time of collection, you get blur and a smearing effect - which is why those things are so hard to identify. Additionally the image resolution is at best 62 cm - meaning that each pixel of photo is equal to 62 cm on the ground. SO identifying objects in motion at that resolution is danged near impossible.

The Thai image appears as though it was collected from an old style satellite that operates more like a camera lens than the push broom technology DG (quickbird) uses. In that case the farther an object is from Nadir, the more distorted it appears, giving it that lumpy effect you noticed.

I was just thinking of one of our neighbours, she's cabin crew with BA and often gets a last minute flight "standby" from GLA to LHR to pick up her "shift" plane... But it'd be known she was standby, and crew? I wonder if the 13th person they speak of is the mechanic quoted? But the MAS statement was the only time anyone had referred to them as being a colleague?

There's heaps i've been re-reading, as i really think i've missed something... I also only found out yesterday that Richard Quest of CNN had interviewed the co-pilot "randomly" about 4-5 weeks ago?

*away back to reading...*

Yes, I wouldn't call that person part of the crew, especially at a later date! Boggles me.

Here is the passenger manifest listing 12 crew members

http://www.webcitation.org/6Nv7NSlhu

Maybe the 13th crew member on the plane was someone who worked for the airline catching a lift, that is employed by the airline, but not working that night, just flying.

Maybe the 13th crew member on the plane was someone who worked for the airline catching a lift, that is employed by the airline, but not working that night, just flying.

Yeah, that's pretty much what i said earlier, when i posted about it.

It's always been 12 crew members, as far as i was aware, i'd just posted the MAS statement from 24th March, where it said 226 passengers & 13 colleagues?
Just wondered if the 13th person was indeed a standby cabin attendant on way to a shift, or if there was an airline technician on board... I think out loud sometimes...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/tha...nes-flight-mh370/story-fniztvnf-1226867105992

another day of bad weather.

Last night, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority tweeted that poor conditions were expected in the search zone for the next 24 hours.

Bad weather is the norm rather than the exception down there apparently. And all they are trying to do is get a good look at the debris, let alone recover it, much less a full blown recovery operation to locate the wreckage on the ocean floor and try to recover the black boxes.

Quotes from the pilot's son:

"I've read everything online. But I've ignored all the speculation. I know my father better," Ahmad Seth Zaharie, 26, said in an interview published Thursday by the New Straits Times, an English-language Malaysian newspaper.

"We may not be as close, as he travels so much. But I understand him," he said of his father in the interview, which was conducted Tuesday.

I was expecting him to say something like: "My dad is not responsible for this disaster. He would not intentionally hurt anyone."

I believe him when he said that he knew his dad better than strangers speculating on the Internet, and I believe him when he said that he and his dad weren't close. I don't think he is confident that his dad wasn't responsible. Otherwise, he would have stated so.

That said, I'm a statement analysis novice, so I invite folks to chime in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is always hard to say what was included in an article/interview and what wasn't. imo

Quotes from the pilot's son:

"I've read everything online. But I've ignored all the speculation. I know my father better," Ahmad Seth Zaharie, 26, said in an interview published Thursday by the New Straits Times, an English-language Malaysian newspaper.

"We may not be as close, as he travels so much. But I understand him," he said of his father in the interview, which was conducted Tuesday.

I was expecting him to say something like: "My dad is not responsible for this disaster. He would not intentionally hurt anyone."

I believe him when he said that he knew his dad better than strangers speculating on the Internet, and I believe him when he said that he and his dad weren't close. I don't think he is confident that his dad wasn't responsible. Otherwise, he would have stated so.

That said, I'm a statement analysis novice, so I invite folks to chime in...

I follow SA, too. That was my exact impression, also. It's hinky. Why aren't they defending him?

He said he IGNORED all the speculation.
WHY would he directly address it after ignoring it?
I think he DID defend him. :twocents:

Yeah, I think by saying he ignored the speculation that is pretty close to a denial. I know if my dad was accused of something like this I don't think I'd even want to give credit to the accusations with explicit denial - I'd feel ridiculous even saying it. I guess I'm also a little odd in that I'd never make pronouncements as to what someone was capable of or what actually happened in a situation I didn't witness. When people do that it kind of weakens their argument in my view - family members are often wrong. When I know someone is saying something crazy, I treat it as ridiculous and brush it off - that's more powerful to me.

I follow SA, too. That was my exact impression, also. It's hinky. Why aren't they defending him?

It seems like he (the pilot) was accomplished and coped well under ordinary circumstances, but it sounds like recently, he had been under an incredible amount of stress in his personal life and political beliefs. I would think the family who lived at home (wife and one kid, I think) and mistress (if that's true) would have witnessed some decompensating, if that was going on before the flight. It sounds like one of his buddies was aware of his mental state (if that account is accurate).

What I want to know is this...
When they see something on the satellite why don't they start looking the direction it WENT?
...]
I was thinking about that, too. But I think they need to look for two things: 1) they NEED debris to prove it went down 2) they need to locate the main wreckage if possible and I guess backtracking from known debris would help them do that - but they have to know it is debris and I don't think it will take much known debris to give them a starting point. Those pictures are huge areas.

BUt the fact that they are putting that drone in the water makes me think they are getting desperate. They have to find SOMETHING, and somewhat soon, those batteries are running out.

ETA: OH i see I misinterpreted what you meant. Good question. That's all I can add to that! Thanks and sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61