Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually curious why Australia is taking such a big role. I'm not against it or anything and I don't care if we are funding a large part of it. I think it's good. But I'm still curious why. Is it because we are the closest country? Is it because there were 6 Aussies on board? Is it strategic for our international relations? Is it because one of the themes in our countries history is 'lending a hand'? I could see gov't wanting to uphold that image. Is it good experience for all the departments and the crew involved? All or none of the above?
I think it's a bit of everything, but the main reason is because its in our waters. I can't imagine Tony wanting someone else in charge. I think everyone wants to go down in history as the country who found it, but I can't see us giving as many planes or ships if it was in another country's waters.

Right now they said another plane is "getting ready" to go. Two hours the first one left. Does anyone have any reason why they are sending one up every two hours O Hare throws up 2,409 per day!

Its a daylight issue no?

Search planes stagger departure for better review of the search area.

We :heartbeat: our Aussies! :australia: Thank you for everything y'all are doing:loveyou:

And the occasional interviews I've seen with Kiwi and Aussie pilots doesn't hurt, either...swoon...those accents...

Mhm...how are they all so darn cute? :blushing:

Right now they said another plane is "getting ready" to go. Two hours the first one left. Does anyone have any reason why they are sending one up every two hours O Hare throws up 2,409 per day!

Its a daylight issue no?

The SAR planes are based at Pearce (RAAF base) so it is a totally different scenario to an international airport.

Are there any ships in the area being searched?

If the planes all went out at the same time they'd all come back at the same time.
They are staggering them so there is always at least one plane looking. :twocents:

At least one ship has arrived in the area already.

We :heartbeat: our Aussies! :australia: Thank you for everything y'all are doing:loveyou:

And the occasional interviews I've seen with Kiwi and Aussie pilots doesn't hurt, either...swoon...those accents...

Lol. I'm Australian so the accents aren't a big thing for me....but those Air Force men....:heartluv: :hot:

I'm grateful to all the countries involved. It's a huge effort. After seeing the criticism piled on Malaysia though, I guess it worries me a bit that Australia will cop some flak if the plane isn't found. I'll wait and see though.

Are there any ships in the area being searched?

There's a chinese ship there. The other ships won't arrive until late this afternoon/evening.

Lol. I'm Australian so the accents aren't a big thing for me....but those Air Force men....:heartluv: :hot:

I'm grateful to all the countries involved. It's a huge effort. After seeing the criticism piled on Malaysia though, I guess it worries me a bit that Australia will cop some flak if the plane isn't found. I'll wait and see though.

I'm worried about that too. There's already some thinly veiled criticism IMO.

My son's Godfather is ex RAAF, so he's like a brother. But that guy giving the interview early in the search ... he was rather pleasant ;)

Do we have a map made that shows where all the witnesses were when they saw or heard the plane or lights that night?

Australia is the 'neutral guardian'

In doing so, we [AU] now act as the neutral guardian to the hopes and needs of two of the most important nations in the world: China and the USA.

It is a Malaysian-owned plane, and as they assemble a team to send to Perth to join the operation, their interests need to be managed carefully by Australia.

But the Boeing 777 that crashed ... is American-made. Whether its catastrophic ending in the southern Indian Ocean was caused by malfunction or intervention by malevolent forces, the US needs to know, urgently.

... it has also seen China cooperate, as it has never done before, on a search and recovery mission involving some of its normally lesser friends, being the US, the Republic of Korea and Japan.

<modsnip>

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...e-mh370-disaster/story-fnizu68q-1226867957992

I think it's a bit of everything, but the main reason is because its in our waters. I can't imagine Tony wanting someone else in charge. I think everyone wants to go down in history as the country who found it, but I can't see us giving as many planes or ships if it was in another country's waters.

You're probably right. My understanding is that the search area is in international waters but it's still Australia's search and rescue zone. Does that mean it's legally in our territory? I've never thought about this before. According to the link below Australia has signed a number of international conventions. So I guess I've answered my own question, we are obligated.

Random but relevant facts: Australia is one of the few countries who's aviation and maritime SAR zones are the same area. Australia's SAR zone covers about 10% of the earths surface.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/search-and-rescue/sar-in-australia/arrangements-in-australia/

Australia is the 'neutral guardian'

In doing so, we [AU] now act as the neutral guardian to the hopes and needs of two of the most important nations in the world: China and the USA.

It is a Malaysian-owned plane, and as they assemble a team to send to Perth to join the operation, their interests need to be managed carefully by Australia.

But the Boeing 777 that crashed ... is American-made. Whether its catastrophic ending in the southern Indian Ocean was caused by malfunction or intervention by malevolent forces, the US needs to know, urgently.

Rest snipped

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...e-mh370-disaster/story-fnizu68q-1226867957992

Thanks for that article. I think it is well thought out and written and very realistic of the situation.

IMHO Australia has high credibility and exudes competence. Intentions are honorable, sharing is done for the good of the recovery efforts, and communications are transparent and forthcoming. When they don't want to share sensitive info, they say so. They don't profess ignorance, thwart efforts and hide important pieces of data. I'm very thankful they are leading these efforts...

There is no comparison to Malaysia.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members