Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shift north of the search was based on painstaking analysis of Malaysian military radar data and satellite readings from British company Inmarsat.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/30/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140330

I didn't see that quote about Inmarsat in the article (though they may have since edited the article). I am extremely curious about the phrase "the shift north of the search was based on painstaking analysis of Malaysian military radar data..." It's my impression that Malaysia has not been forthcoming with this data. I hope I'm wrong.

However, the above-linked article does include this quote, which I find interesting: "Asked if more resources could added to the international effort, U.S. Navy spokesman Marks told CBS, 'We have about as many assets out there as we can. You have to wonder if the debris is even out there. If we fly over something, we will see it.' "

MORE most credible, as opposed to most credible, earlier in the week described as credible????? (poking fun at CNN).

lol Mostest crediblest! Now we are getting somewhere..........jmo

The key word(s) IMO are "as Things Stand at the Moment"
They haven't heard any pings from the Flight Data Recorder and are now loading a 'pinger locator' and underwater drone on an Australian ship

IMO it's not pessimistic but the reality of the search at this time.

And if improper storage of batteries for the pinger is true, this pinger may have been dead long before 370 took off. I wouldn't fly that airline for all the money in the world!

I've only posted a couple of times on this thread, but have read every post. I still believe that the plane will be found on dry land. I don't think the pilots are in any way responsible. Thank you all for the interesting posts and links :)

Oh please, another lawsuit?? The captain's job is complete control of the plane, somehow he lost that or allowed it to happen, I'm sorry, he's at fault.

Would you consider the captain to be at fault if maintenance was less than minimal required? I think we may be hearing some things before too long.

I just think it is too soon, since they appear to have ruled out nothing, to be printing articles that are demeaning, Imo, about the pilot or anyone else.

Agree, however, as the Captain he is under scrutiny. With that said though, I take the "Daily Mail" with a grain of salt.

MOO

As the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 turned up fresh potential clues, dozens of anguished Chinese relatives on Sunday demanded that Malaysia provide them with evidence on the fate of their loved ones aboard the missing 777.
Ideal weather conditions gave one Australian aircraft crew the opportunity to detect many objects in the water west of Perth.
It spotted four orange items of interest, took photos and sent the coordinates, but Flight Lt. Russell Adams said the crew couldn't determine if the objects were from the airliner, which officials believe went down in the southern Indian Ocean.
Frustrated families arrive in Malaysia New video of recovered objects in search New video of recovered objects in search
Photos: The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
The items were more than 2 meters (6.5 feet) long, he said.
Authorities will analyze the images and then decide whether to send a ship to the debris location.
Adams called the discovery of the four objects one of the "most promising leads" searchers have come across.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority announced that search efforts for Sunday ended with no confirmed sightings of debris from the plane. It added that objects picked up by ships on Saturday turned out to be fishing equipment and other items.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/30/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html

BBM have they released photos of the orange objects?

Lt. Adams❤️

http://www.smh.com.au/world/malaysi...hecks-in-wake-of-disaster-20140330-zqoou.html

BBM1 - I am not getting this. Are they the waypoint stations? I thought the claim was that the military saw the plane but didn't think it was problematic or not their concern?

BBM2 - the ridiculous claims that they will 'do it later' and just the fact that they haven't done it yet is making me upset. Mad, really. So many other countries are using their resources, time, and money - which their citizens pay for - and yet, Malaysia couldn't readjust their standards and expectations for this long.

As Defence Minister, Mr Hishammuddin is also overseeing an air force investigation into why at least three military radar stations failed to detect MH370 immediately

Not comforting at all. That's like having me auditing my own income taxes upon suspicion that I cheated. :rolleyes:

I think it's astonishing that we now know this - I mean the public. I had no idea it was so easy to fly around many places on a stolen passport. I would suspect the two Iranians were the most thoroughly checked out of anyone on that place.

What bothers me about Malaysia Airlines (and who knows about other countries/airlines) is that 1.) they just spend whopping amounts of money on new planes and such but couldn't pay the extra $10 per flight to have more info transmitted nor use the Interpol database (or whatever other security measures at the airport), and, 2.) their military is claiming they couldn't coordinate an off path sighting or whatever with the airline and immediately report it - any off path plane is of concern because of a potential highjacking or emergency situation.

Maybe the two Iranians were thoroughly checked out and found to be innocent. BUT, what if they were given new shoes as a send-off gift, not knowing that one pair was triggered to go off when the plane reached a certain altitude or some other trigger occurred?

I just heard one "expert" on CNN say that the new search area may not be right either and he thinks the plane did not get near that far because of changing altitudes burned gas faster. I think we may need to re-examine all the eye witness accounts and take their word that they spotted or heard something that night. They also need to release the info on the pings and the times and let other organizations recalculate the findings, comparing the results to the accounts of the eye witnesses.

I didn't see that quote about Inmarsat in the article (though they may have since edited the article). I am extremely curious about the phrase "the shift north of the search was based on painstaking analysis of Malaysian military radar data..." It's my impression that Malaysia has not been forthcoming with this data. I hope I'm wrong.

However, the above-linked article does include this quote, which I find interesting: "Asked if more resources could added to the international effort, U.S. Navy spokesman Marks told CBS, 'We have about as many assets out there as we can. You have to wonder if the debris is even out there. If we fly over something, we will see it.' "

BBM
I interpret that as Malaysia was not competent enough/experienced enough to analysis the radar data and Inmarsat took to analyzing the data themselves..

Here's an article that still has that quote

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/uk-malaysia-airlines-idUKBREA2I1LB20140328 MARCH 28, 2014
"Malaysian officials said the new search area was the result of a painstaking analysis of Malaysian military radar data and satellite readings from British company Inmarsat carried out by U.S., Chinese, British and Malaysian investigators."

http://time.com/41149/the-missing-jet-search-zone-has-shifted-680-miles-north/ MARCH 27, 2014

David Brewster, a visiting fellow at the Strategic and Defence Studies Centre at the Australian National University, told Reuters it was surprising that the new data analysis only emerged now. “The Malaysians have never really had to handle a search and rescue operation of this nature before so it is maybe complicated by lack of experience,” he said.

Would you consider the captain to be at fault if maintenance was less than minimal required? I think we may be hearing some things before too long.

Then why shut the transponder off before doing any devious actions??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Then why shut the transponder off before doing any devious actions??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If maintenance proved to be less than minimal, transponder may have failed along with other equipment. It's all speculation.

An update on the emergency distress beacon signal that was sent out yesterday.

Grave Concerns held for Fishing Vessel

The civil jet and Royal Australian Air Force P3 Orion tasked by AMSA to locate the source of an emergency distress beacon signal have not been able to locate the vessel associated with the beacon.

Grave concerns are held for the crew.

Early on Sunday 30 March, AMSA detected the emergency beacon signal in the Southern Indian Ocean near Antarctica around 3,241 km southwest of Perth and 648 km north of the Antarctic mainland in the Australian Search and Rescue Region.

It is understood the beacon is registered to a 75-metre Tanzanian-flagged fishing support vessel.

AMSA has been unable to contact the vessel and a broadcast has been issued to shipping.

A civil jet and a RAAF P3 Orion were tasked to locate the vessel.

The vessel was not located but debris was seen in the location of the beacon signal.

Subject to weather conditions, the search will continue tomorrow. AMSA is also attempting to identify and contact the owners of the vessel to establish its whereabouts.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/30032014GraveConcerns-FishingVessel.pdf

Oh great...now a vessel is missing? This sea is truly a black hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018