Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see that quote about Inmarsat in the article (though they may have since edited the article). I am extremely curious about the phrase "the shift north of the search was based on painstaking analysis of Malaysian military radar data..." It's my impression that Malaysia has not been forthcoming with this data. I hope I'm wrong.

However, the above-linked article does include this quote, which I find interesting: "Asked if more resources could added to the international effort, U.S. Navy spokesman Marks told CBS, 'We have about as many assets out there as we can. You have to wonder if the debris is even out there. If we fly over something, we will see it.' "

I still think this is odd, to base an analysis of speed, etc. on whatever the plane was doing across Malaysia... still scratching my head. Is there some other explanation for how they came up with this? IDK

Not saying I disagree, just wondering why you don't think it is possible. tia

Well for a start it's been tracked to the Southern Indian Ocean, by OTHER COUNTRIES .. how on earth did it get down there after being shot out of the sky by Malaysia, are we expected to think that they waited until the pilot changed the course of the plane then shot it down?

If it was shot down by missile :floorlaugh: wouldn't it make more sense to look at North Korea, rather than Malaysia? http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/missile-downed-malaysian-plane/ I can't even find anything online to say for sure if Malaysia even has such capabilities.

Excerpt from CNN a few moments ago:

Host: New objects seen from search plane are being called the "MOST CREDIBLE LEAD YET." Why is that?

Guest: Well, because all the other leads have turned out to be nothing.

This is getting about as credible as Nancy Grace's "Bombshell tonight announcements". :facepalm:

Maybe the two Iranians were thoroughly checked out and found to be innocent. BUT, what if they were given new shoes as a send-off gift, not knowing that one pair was triggered to go off when the plane reached a certain altitude or some other trigger occurred?

I just heard one "expert" on CNN say that the new search area may not be right either and he thinks the plane did not get near that far because of changing altitudes burned gas faster. I think we may need to re-examine all the eye witness accounts and take their word that they spotted or heard something that night. They also need to release the info on the pings and the times and let other organizations recalculate the findings, comparing the results to the accounts of the eye witnesses.

BBM - I agree!

An update on the emergency distress beacon signal that was sent out yesterday.

Grave Concerns held for Fishing Vessel

The civil jet and Royal Australian Air Force P3 Orion tasked by AMSA to locate the source of an emergency distress beacon signal have not been able to locate the vessel associated with the beacon.

Grave concerns are held for the crew.

Early on Sunday 30 March, AMSA detected the emergency beacon signal in the Southern Indian Ocean near Antarctica around 3,241 km southwest of Perth and 648 km north of the Antarctic mainland in the Australian Search and Rescue Region.

It is understood the beacon is registered to a 75-metre Tanzanian-flagged fishing support vessel.

AMSA has been unable to contact the vessel and a broadcast has been issued to shipping.

A civil jet and a RAAF P3 Orion were tasked to locate the vessel.

The vessel was not located but debris was seen in the location of the beacon signal.

Subject to weather conditions, the search will continue tomorrow. AMSA is also attempting to identify and contact the owners of the vessel to establish its whereabouts.

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/documents/30032014GraveConcerns-FishingVessel.pdf

Oh great...now a vessel is missing? This sea is truly a black hole...

No wonder why few ships ever go through the South Indian Ocean. Very desolated and stormy at times.

I think they are going off information from data received from technologies they don't wish the public to know about. That's why they moved the search suddenly and with minimum explanation.

Or they're just floundering around with no idea about anything, which is frankly looking more plausible by the day.

Or they're just floundering around with no idea about anything, which is frankly looking more plausible by the day.

I am unfortunately starting to think this too :scared:

Been out all day so not seen any news for nearly 24 hours. Skimming through the last couple of pages it doesn't seem like I've missed anything mindblowing, correct?!

As the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 turned up fresh potential clues, dozens of anguished Chinese relatives on Sunday demanded that Malaysia provide them with evidence on the fate of their loved ones aboard the missing 777.
Ideal weather conditions gave one Australian aircraft crew the opportunity to detect many objects in the water west of Perth.
It spotted four orange items of interest, took photos and sent the coordinates, but Flight Lt. Russell Adams said the crew couldn't determine if the objects were from the airliner, which officials believe went down in the southern Indian Ocean.
Frustrated families arrive in Malaysia New video of recovered objects in search New video of recovered objects in search
Photos: The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
The items were more than 2 meters (6.5 feet) long, he said.
Authorities will analyze the images and then decide whether to send a ship to the debris location.
Adams called the discovery of the four objects one of the "most promising leads" searchers have come across.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority announced that search efforts for Sunday ended with no confirmed sightings of debris from the plane. It added that objects picked up by ships on Saturday turned out to be fishing equipment and other items.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/30/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html

BBM have they released photos of the orange objects?

Lt. Adams❤️

Orange items?
Let's hope they're not more jellyfish :facepalm:
Life rafts are orange, right?

Then why shut the transponder off before doing any devious actions??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I don't take the transponder being shut off as nefarious, though. I used to at the beginning, but now I think it was turned off for one of two reasons:
1. Mechanical failure
2. Confusion in cockpit due to hypoxia

I'm trying to look at this incident as a mechanical failure.
Decompression happens in older planes, and I don't trust that this plane was "cleared to fly." Malaysian Airlines isn't going to release what the results were of the safety check because IMO, there was problems with the plane and they were never fixed. It's easier for them to say "Oh yeah, this plane checked out fine. No problems at all."

The cargo list is as complete as it could be. I would think. JMO

I thought of that, too, and would like to believe it because it is less nefarious. But then I thought of how that government imprisoned a political opponent on a fake charge, and how they are basically totalitarian. I lived in Hungary just after the Soviets fell there, and it really is true that totalitarian regimes breed corruption and schemes that usually involve either power or money (sometimes just nepotism, etc, lol).

Basically, expect any corrupt nonsense you can think of when there's a hugely powerful government that the people can't trust at all. Certainly the cargo could have had problems the gov't just doesn't want revealed. It may be ineptitude, but it may have involved some official's scheme for money or power, really (imho). I don't know that it relates to the crash, but there's probably something to the lack of disclosure, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79