Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But according to an article I posted above, I think Malaysian Airlines knew. They originally quoted the military's last contact time of 2:40am as the time is disappeared. They also diverted their search to that area very early on - like the next day - without telling anyone why.

Oh I agree.
I'm just saying it wouldn't necessarily be noticed WHILE it was happening.
I don't know how much the military there is aware of flight paths and plans you know?
But clearly they figured it out quickly, which would be expected.

This is a possibility.

The plane depressurized for some reason, the pilot/copilot tried to take the plane to lower altitude and became incapacitated due to hypoxia. The plane continued to fly until it ran out of gas. This is what happened to Payne Stewart's (golfer) plane.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash"]1999 South Dakota Learjet crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

But according to an article I posted above, I think Malaysian Airlines knew. They originally quoted the military's last contact time of 2:40am as the time is disappeared. They also diverted their search to that area very early on - like the next day - without telling anyone why.

bumping

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/flight-...ines-plane-widened-intensifies-focus-on-land/
bbm.

"CBS News correspondent Chip Reid reports that the waters between Malaysia and Vietnam are relatively shallow. But shallow water presents its own problems - tides and currents are stronger, scattering debris more quickly. Shallow water can also confuse sonar, sound waves used to locate objects on the ocean floor.

Oceanographer David Gallo led the 2009 search for Air France Flight 447, which went down in deep water in a remote section of the Atlantic Ocean. Search teams located the wreckage within five days but it took another two years to the flight data recorders in an underwater mountain range,

"I always like to think that we need to start by finding the haystack, and then we can look for the bits of the needle in that haystack and in this case the haystack is huge because we just don't have the clues," Gallo told CBS News".

I think they should call in Robert Ballard to find this plane.

It's not pretty but I took a picture of the radius from the TV.

IMG_20140311_083328.jpg

UPDATE [11:20pm]: Lack of formal powers are hampering MH370 investigators as legalities and jurisdiction become an issue.

Meanwhile, searchers are descibing their efforts as akin to looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

And, France is opening a manslaughter investigation into the MH370 disappearance.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

I am normally the voice of pessimism in these sort of circumstances, but there is a very real part of me that thinks that these people may be alive, just lost or held hostage somewhere.

I know they are probably dead, but I can't get over the fact that we have not one iota of evidence to show that they are dead, and some of their phones are still ringing!

Okay so what does this mean?
Does it mean that as long as they stay in the plane, they won't be able to use phones?
Does this mean even if this plane was on the ground, people couldn't use their cell phones?
Because that would make it extremely easy to prevent anyone from calling for help... :scared:

While the plane is in the air is my thinking.

Utusan Malaysia reported that 20,000 fishermen nationwide have been roped in to help in the search-and-rescue operation.

The newspaper quoted Agriculture and Agro-based Industries Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob as saying that this would involve 1,788 fishing boats around the waters off Kelantan, Terengganu, Perlis, Perak and Penang.

The fishermen were roped in at the request of acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein, Ismail said.

Full article: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/i...-240am-air-force-chief&Itemid=2#ixzz2vgJMTrRX

There is compelling information that puts the crash site of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 as near Pulau Perak or Silver Island, the westernmost point of Malaysia in the Straits of Malacca.

It is possible that the crash site was visited by Malaysia government officials earlier today Tuesday, including the defence minister Hishammuddin Hussein who cancelled his attendance at the scheduled daily media conference on the status of the search for the missing 777-200 and its 239 passengers and crew to participate in a search flight on the western side of the Malaysia Peninsula.

On Mar 11th 2014 Malaysia’s Air Force reported their primary radar data suggest, the aircraft may have turned west over the Gulf of Thailand at about 1000 meters/3000 feet below the original flight level (editorial note: another possible interpretation could be: at 1000 meters of height compared to 10000 meters original level) and flown past the east coast near Khota Baru and the west coast of Malaysia near Kedah, the radar return was last seen at 02:40L near Pulau Perak in the Straits of Malacca, about 285nm westsouthwest of the last known (secondary) radar position. Local Police at the city of Bharu confirmed a number of locals reported lights and a low flying aircraft at Bharu at an estimated height of 1000 meters/3000 feet.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2014/03/11/mh370-did-authorities-visit-crash-site-today/

bbm

This is a possibility.

The plane depressurized for some reason, the pilot/copilot tried to take the plane to lower altitude and became incapacitated due to hypoxia. The plane continued to fly until it ran out of gas. This is what happened to Payne Stewart's (golfer) plane.

1999 South Dakota Learjet crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This sounds very plausible. How far could the plane have got with the fuel it had on board?

Are any clever map folks on here able to pin point an approximate location based on the plane's direction and fuel load?

I'm not so sure it crashed,there was no sign of an explosion in the area.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/10/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140310

Also raising doubts about the possibility of an attack, the United States extensively reviewed imagery taken by spy satellites for evidence of a mid-air explosion, but saw none, a U.S. government source said. The source described U.S. satellite coverage of the region as thorough.

Pulau Perak

MH370+pulau+perak.jpg

Bumping
Here's a good map of max distance and radius it could have traveled.

ETA: I lied... it's in my post below. My bad.

Malaysia Airlines has become aware of the allegations being made against First Officer, Fariq Ab Hamid which we take very seriously. We are shocked by these allegations.
We have not been able to confirm the validity of the pictures and videos of the alleged incident. As you are aware, we are in the midst of a crisis, and we do not want our attention to be diverted.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

This sounds very plausible. How far could the plane have got with the fuel it had on board?

Are any clever map folks on here able to pin point an approximate location based on the plane's direction and fuel load?

Payne Stewarts plane crashed a half hour from when they lost contact according to the wiki article. It's possible that this happened too. There was suppose to be 7 hrs of gas? 2:30 when they lost radar would probably be the best point to search.

This also supports my idea that the plane is mostly in tact in the water somewhere because there hasn't been any debris found thus far.

It's not pretty but I took a picture of the radius from the TV.

View attachment 41717

Reposting with a map to show what countries this encompasses. A lot of countries. Saudia Arabia, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and so on. Now, could a 777 be landed there and we don't know about it? Unlikely but?? I would like to think the passengers and crew are still alive and just being held hostage.

A guest on CNN thinks possibly a massive electrical failure and the pilot tried to turn back and find the airport veering too far north. I believe he said he would only have a short time because so many systems rely on the electrical system. So I guess even though they had enough fuel, they wouldn't have had that much time to find an airport to land?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/I...1s0x30635ff06b92b791:0xd78c4fa1854213a6?hl=en

This is a possibility.

1999 South Dakota Learjet crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I have to wonder why there was nothing reported by the plane.. Isn't this a smart plane? wouldn't it read about the gas levels in the plane??

I dunno. The flight left well after Midnight, I would assume all of the people on the plane planned on either sleeping or closing their eyes. Once it reached altitude, I'm sure people quickly moved around and settled in for the night.

When I fly I have no clue where the the pilot is going. It's pitch black outside, I'm not sure anyone looking out would even know if the plane was making a wrong turn and it wouldn't raise eyebrows or have anyone call home in the middle of the night to tell family.

But I wonder if all lights/energy went off when the transponder lost power, too?

that might alert the passengers...

No light over the pottie?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads