Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone!

I'm bring over Derryn's "epic post" from yesterday, b/c I didn't get to read all of it yesterday. So I just read all of it (yes, to the end Derryn!!) and would like to post some thoughts.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #19

I think you make very good points, and the life insurance angle is very interesting. I honestly never even thought about that. But yes, that would answer some major questions I had in the pilot-suicide scenario.

So basically, IIUC, you are saying that the pilot wanted to end his life, but he didn't want it to bring shame, bad name, financial problems, etc., to his family. I hope I'm getting that right. That does make sense. I had questioned why he woudln't have left a note, but these points as well as the life insurance policy illustrate why he might NOT want to write a note or even for anyone to know he did it.

I also agree that whoever did this, it seems like the end result they wanted was for a significant length of time before the plane was ever found, IF it was even found. As I've said in previous posts, if it were not for the Inmarsat satellite pings, we would not even have a Northern arc or a Southern arc. The search area would be HUGE, because it would encompass basically everything within a huge circle, the cicumference being where the plane's fuel would run out. (I hope I'm using "circumference" in the right context - been a while since geometry class!!). Meanwhile, the plane is sitting deep South Indian Ocean - IDK but I don't think it would ever have been found that way - not until pieces of it washed to shore, and even then how would they find out where the plane actually sunk and where to dig things out from underwater. Not to mention the extreme depth of the ocean in that part.

But I still have some question in the pilot-scenario:

-how did he incapacitate the co-pilot?
-what did he do with the rest of the crew? If they were alive, wouldn't they have eventually asked the cockpit if they want any food or drink, etc.? I suppose the pilot could have just said no, we don't need anything. IDK. Also, how did the rest of the crew not notice the change in flight plan, which would have required 2 obvious turns (one to West, and one to South)? I am assuming some if not all of them would have regularly flown Kuala Lumpur-Beijing before. Wouldn't they notice these turns? (I'm taking altitude changes out of the equation b/c I don't know if those reports are true or not).
-What did the pilot do with himself? Did he kill himself before the plane ran out of fuel and crashed? In that case, wouldn't the rest of crew memebers have noticed if they tried to communicate with cockpit and receiving no response? Or did he kill everyone on board sometime prior to crashing? If so, how? He would have to at least kept himeslf alive to make the turn South. If he killed himself, but kept crew members (flight attendants) alive, the crew members would have noticed something wrong in the cockpit (no communication). If he didn't kill himself, so did he just wait calmly in the cockpit for 4+ hours and even through the plane running out of fuel?
So I am thinking there are several scenarios possible:
-pilots dead but crew members and passengers alive. (Captain Shah dead after making final turn South and setting on auto-pilot).
-Captain Shah alive but everyone else dead
-Only co-pilot dead, and everyone else (Captain Shah, passengers, other crew) all alive.

-And then there is still the Why. Even though, yes, I agree with you about the fact that we can't try to find reason with the unreasonable. But in the case of pilot-suicide, IIUC, the whole point was for Captain Shah to end his life. There had to have been some signs in his life or something that led him to wanting to do that, to go to this extreme. Without any kind of previous signs, the only thing I can think of is if he was already mentally unstable, and suddenly just "snapped." But then wouldn't this mentally unstableness come to light with interviews with family members and those close to him? I guess so far, we don't know what information those interviews have gleaned, if the interviews have even ocurred. But I would think that for someone with that level of mental unstableness, to be able to just "snap" and hatch up this extreme plan which takes so many lives - there would have been people who knew about this mental unstableness.

So, I guess my mindset as of now is I am still unsure. Pretty much everything is open to me as of now. The only thing I have ruled out is mechanical failure. That means the perpetrator is either hijacker(s) or the pilot. I suppose, well, how can we even rule out any of the rest of the crew? What if there was a deranged crew member who managed to get some kind of weapon on the plane and took both pilots hostage? The sad thing is that because we don't have any answers, we can't rule anything out. And that leaves all of the crew and all of the passengers. And that is sad because of course most are victims of this tragedy, but we just don't know what is what in this case. We have no answers. It could have been the pilot. It could have been a hijacker in the disguise of a passenger. It could even have been another crew member. We don't know.

Thank you Derryn for your unique perspective and for all the insight into aviation and pilots. I never honestly knew it was so extremely difficult and cut-throat competition at the top, like pilots of 777's for commercial airliners. And I never understood fully the sacrifices these pilots make to get to where they are. Not just those pilots, but even pilots of crop-dusters, etc., like you were saying, they still are required certain number of flying hours, which they have to pay for.

JMO.

Malaysia's bumbling ruling elite - the world is coming to recognize what the country has known for decades -- that Malaysia’s leaders are accustomed to getting away with murder.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20140403/OPINION/304030017/Malaysia-s-bumbling-ruling-elite

Really creepy about the model/translator being murdered who was connected to Najib and the whole submarine thing. I wouldn't doubt he put this pic out to show their 'unity' http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ciV37Xrib...2O97NXIApYQ/s1600/najib-and-altantuya-old.jpg

It appears some claim the submarines purchased at an extremely high price (and possibly with a huge kickback) are unsuitable for even patrolling the waters off Malaysia. Didn't someone post about Malaysian subs a few pages back?

Malaysia's bumbling ruling elite - the world is coming to recognize what the country has known for decades -- that Malaysia’s leaders are accustomed to getting away with murder.

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20140403/OPINION/304030017/Malaysia-s-bumbling-ruling-elite

Thank you for this. The full story is even more disturbing than the article tells.

Ms. Altantuya was shot and then her body was obliterated with C4 explosive.

According to mainstream French published sources (Libération and many others), Altantuya started out as the illicit lover of the current Prime Minister, Najib Razak.

As Najib entered the high echelons of Malaysian power, he felt she might become a liability. So he "passed her on" to crony Baginda, a Malay defense contractor (photo of the happy trio caught in public).

Ms. Altantuya, either privately or in her "work" for Baginda as a "translator", came to know that he had accepted a $100 million bribe from a Spanish arms manufacturer for a Malaysian submarine deal. A letter found after her death showed her demanding $500K from Baginda to keep quiet.

Two policemen from Najib's own bodyguards were convicted for her murder, though they argued they were being made the fall guys for unnamed powerful figures behind the crime. The conviction was reversed on appeal and they were freed.

There's no reason to think Najib is involved in the disappearance of MH-370 in any way, but his record of corruption and disinterest in the truth should certainly make us wary of his statements and motives.

respectfully snipped

I've been wondering about all the radar and satellite confusion. I have no clear understanding of it all and the territories. Is some of it classified info? In other words, the Countries and Agencies involved in the search have the info, but the general public is not allowed to know?

(Not that most of us comprehend it anyway, meaning me, lol.)

I believe this is the case. Like in the case of Indonesia, they have not released any information about whether their radar caught the plane or not to the public.

If the plane went Southern track, it would be very useful to know what Indonesia saw and what Australia saw (or didn't see). However, we have had no word publically of what they detected or did not detect.

July 3, 2011

http://www.smh.com.au/national/border-radar-fiasco-20110702-1gwio.html

The Sun-Herald can reveal that the $1.8 billion Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has not picked up any of the boats that have carried thousands of people to Christmas Island and Ashmore Reef.

Good article. I think a 777 would be different, though, espiecially as that area would not probably have any other 777's flying through it at that time?

Also, we know that Malaysia and Thailand were able to go through their radar retroactively and find what they thought was 370. So I would think Australia would have bene able to go back and check to see a plane like a 777 flew through.

JMO.

Good article. I think a 777 would be different, though, espiecially as that area would not probably have any other 777's flying through it at that time?

I would think Australia would have bene able to go back and check to see a plane like a 777 flew through.

JMO.

So why hasn't Australia said, "we checked out radar and found nothing"?

So why hasn't Australia said, "we checked out radar and found nothing"?

Don't know.

If they did NOT detect - could be they don't want to admit it publically, b/c what if the plane is indeed found in their radar area? And then they will have already admitted that their radar never saw it.

If the DID detect the plane - could be they don't want to admit it publically, b/c....??? IDK????

JMO.

Don't know.

If they did NOT detect - could be they don't want to admit it publically, b/c what if the plane is indeed found in their radar area? And then they will have already admitted that their radar never saw it.

If the DID detect the plane - could be they don't want to admit it publically, b/c....??? IDK????

JMO.

Curious as to why that never came up and why they keep concentrating in that area (other than the pings).

JMO.

ALERT - According to several twitter posts from mainstream media there will be no more Malaysian press conferences after April 7th. It will be Press Statements only from the 8th of April 2014 onwards.

New Malaysia Airlines Press Statement (Sorry if already posted)

"Thursday, April 03, 12:00 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - Press Briefing by Najib Razak, Prime Minister of Malaysia

I would like to start by thanking the men and women who are giving their all to find MH370.

Over the past three weeks, hundreds of people have journeyed thousands of kilometres to help. They have searched through stormy seas and freezing fog. They have sailed through cyclones to find the plane. We owe them each a debt of gratitude.

This has been a remarkable effort, bringing together nations from around the world. When MH370 went missing, dozens of countries answered the call for help. Their commitment will not be forgotten.

In a time of great tragedy – for the countries with citizens on board, and the families whose loved ones are missing – this co-operation has given us all heart. Differences have been set aside, as 26 nations have united behind a common cause. The disappearance of MH370 is without precedent; so too is the search.

This morning I met sailors and aircrew at Pearce Air Force Base. I also spoke to the commanders of the seven nations who are here to search for MH370. They told me of the difficulties of a search like this; of distance, and weather, and of maintaining morale amidst so many false sightings.

As we speak, 10 aircraft and 9 ships are searching the Indian Ocean for any sign of the missing plane. The search area is vast, and the conditions are not easy. But the courage of the crews is more than equal to the task. Once again, I thank them all for what they are doing.

I would also like to thank Prime Minister Abbott for hosting us here in Perth; for formally agreeing to lead the search operations in the southern Indian Ocean; and for accepting our invitation for Australia to participate as an Accredited Representative in the investigation. We will continue to work closely with the Australian government to draw up a comprehensive agreement on the search.

At this difficult time, Australia has proven an invaluable friend. The Australian authorities, like so many others, have offered their assistance without hesitation or delay. I would like to sincerely thank Australians for all they have done, and are doing, to find the plane.

We are also grateful to all those who have brought their expertise to bear on what Prime Minister Abbott rightly called ‘one of the great mysteries of our time’.

The disappearance of MH370 has tested our collective resolve. Faced with so little evidence, and such a difficult task, investigators from Australia, China, France, Malaysia, the UK and the US and have worked without pause to reveal the aircraft’s movements. Their collective efforts have led us here.

We are here today, but our thoughts are thousands of kilometres away. In the cities and countries around the world, where families of those on board wait desperately for news. And in the vastness of the Indian Ocean, where MH370 awaits.

I know that until we find the plane, many families cannot start to grieve. I cannot imagine what they must be going through. But I can promise them that we will not give up.

Thank you."

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

I am more and more convinced that Malaysia just needs a professional public relations spokesperson as well as to do some self analyzing of how they themselves are handling things and quit tooting their own horn so much.

I cannot believe what I am reading at that link. Here are some gems in this report.

“For example when we knew there was a load of mangosteens on board we had to find out where the mangosteens came from,” he said. “We tracked down who plucked the fruits, who packed them and shipped them out, who put them on the plane.”

I am no air crash investigator but I would bet good money that the person that plucked the fruit didnt bring that plane down.
Here is where they start to toot their own horn again.

"Imagine how many people we must interview and that was just the mangosteens,” he said."

Yeah, I suppose when you needlessly go that far, it is a lot of people.

"Police have refused to publicly release the plane’s cargo manifest but it is known to include a consignment of lithium-ion batteries that have previously been blamed for causing fires on aircraft. "

How about thinking about possibly putting too much weight and using a passenger plane as a cargo run. With tons of mangosteens + batteries + all the people and their luggage ithey may have overloaded that plane to unsafe levels.

And finally...

“There were weaknesses in the co-ordination between different departments and contradictory statements were given,” Mr Huang said....snipped....."
Mr Huang accused Western media of playing a disgraceful role.
“They have published false news, stoked conflict and even spread rumours,” he said. “These could provoke the frail spirits of the next of kin...snipped"

Uhhhhhh.....How about your self-admitted contradictory statements that have angered next of kin.

They just need a different spokesperson because they do not do themselves any favors by what they say. This is no place to toot your own horn or critisize other news media until that plane is found.

Sounds like a press release that Juan Pablo would be proud of. For those of you who do not know who Juan Pablo is you are a better person than me, to those of you that do, well :seeya:

A Russian media website is claiming that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370 was “located” near Kandahar, Pakistan.

A source told the website MK.ru that the plane is located on a “rural” road with a broken wing. It also claimed that “all passengers [are] alive and were divided to stay in “mud huts.”

MK.ru is considered a mainstream media outlet in Russia, but has a pro-Vladimir Putin stance.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/597...e-kandahar-theory-emerges-on-russian-website/

http://www.mk.ru/incident/article/2...el-v-afganistane-passazhiryi-zahvachenyi.html

DETAIL_PICTURE__17272624.jpg

Near Chaman. To the south-east of Kandahar. Reader "Oleg" April 2, 2014 at 12:05 in the comments on the site "MK" posted a link to a suspicious object resembling a plane with a broken wing.

"Missing March 8 on Malaysia Airlines airliner with 227 passengers on board and 12th members of the crew captured and is southeast of Kandahar, in Afghanistan, near the border with Pakistan. Aircraft stands on a small" rural "road with a broken wing - t . liner is alleged to have committed a hard landing. All passengers alive, divided into seven groups and live in a "mud hut" from hand to mouth. From the aircraft were captured about 20 Asian Professionals, the capture of which was necessary, presumably for bargaining with the U.S. side. That Currently there are hijacking - someone's order. " All this correspondent "MK" on condition of anonymity said a source in the security services.

A Russian media website is claiming that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370 was “located” near Kandahar, Pakistan.

A source told the website MK.ru that the plane is located on a “rural” road with a broken wing. It also claimed that “all passengers [are] alive and were divided to stay in “mud huts.”

MK.ru is considered a mainstream media outlet in Russia, but has a pro-Vladimir Putin stance.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/597...e-kandahar-theory-emerges-on-russian-website/

http://www.mk.ru/incident/article/2...el-v-afganistane-passazhiryi-zahvachenyi.html

Near Chaman. To the south-east of Kandahar. Reader "Oleg" April 2, 2014 at 12:05 in the comments on the site "MK" posted a link to a suspicious object resembling a plane with a broken wing.

"Missing March 8 on Malaysia Airlines airliner with 227 passengers on board and 12th members of the crew captured and is southeast of Kandahar, in Afghanistan, near the border with Pakistan. Aircraft stands on a small" rural "road with a broken wing - t . liner is alleged to have committed a hard landing. All passengers alive, divided into seven groups and live in a "mud hut" from hand to mouth. From the aircraft were captured about 20 Asian Professionals, the capture of which was necessary, presumably for bargaining with the U.S. side. That Currently there are hijacking - someone's order. " All this correspondent "MK" on condition of anonymity said a source in the security services.

Considering nothing has been found, might as well check it out!

Well, wouldn't that be something? We can hope, right?

getting back to the mangosteens, there were 4 "tonnes" of mangosteens on the plane (ton should be tonnes, not 4 tons): :p

“We are very thorough in our probe. Even the four tons of mangosteens in the aircraft hold is being investigated.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...te-of-missing-Malaysian-Airlines-flight-MH370

Tonne: The tonne is a metric system unit of mass equal to 1,000 kilograms (2,204.6 pounds) or 1 megagram (1 Mg).

bbm

A Russian media website is claiming that Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370 was “located” near Kandahar, Pakistan...respectfully snipped for space...

The Russian report came out March 31.

It combines a story from an anonymous "intelligence" source with a satellite picture posted to its comment section by a reader named "Oleg".

It admits the object in the picture is too small to be a 777, but published it anyway.

All in all, it sounds like rumor-mongering. (But I'm still not convinced we can conclude the plane really went south rather than north).

The reddit find could be from any other plane. People do stick those things in their bag and toss them when they realize they have accidentally taken them. For all I know, some take them as souvenirs.

The only find of interest so far is the Maldives find, but if it is from a plane, the numbers should identify it, and many planes have crashed in the ocean before, so it could be from any number of other planes. I'm sure that someone is examining it, at least I would think it has to be examined, unless those that know about these things, know it is not a plane part.

I think that thing that washed up on the beach is from MH370. It was found shortly after Maldives residents saw a low flying plane shortly around the time the plane would have still been pinging. Planes on fire/suffered an explosion will drop parts. Qantas 32 had debris fall from the engine that exploded.

I don't know if it has been examined and ruled out/in as a fire suppression bottle. From the images I saw on Google, it looks like one.

ALERT - According to several twitter posts from mainstream media there will be no more Malaysian press conferences after April 7th. It will be Press Statements only from the 8th of April 2014 onwards.

New Malaysia Airlines Press Statement (Sorry if already posted)

"Thursday, April 03, 12:00 PM MYT +0800 Malaysia Airlines MH370 Flight Incident - Press Briefing by Najib Razak, Prime Minister of Malaysia

I would like to start by thanking the men and women who are giving their all to find MH370.

Over the past three weeks, hundreds of people have journeyed thousands of kilometres to help. They have searched through stormy seas and freezing fog. They have sailed through cyclones to find the plane. We owe them each a debt of gratitude.

This has been a remarkable effort, bringing together nations from around the world. When MH370 went missing, dozens of countries answered the call for help. Their commitment will not be forgotten.

In a time of great tragedy – for the countries with citizens on board, and the families whose loved ones are missing – this co-operation has given us all heart. Differences have been set aside, as 26 nations have united behind a common cause. The disappearance of MH370 is without precedent; so too is the search.

This morning I met sailors and aircrew at Pearce Air Force Base. I also spoke to the commanders of the seven nations who are here to search for MH370. They told me of the difficulties of a search like this; of distance, and weather, and of maintaining morale amidst so many false sightings.

As we speak, 10 aircraft and 9 ships are searching the Indian Ocean for any sign of the missing plane. The search area is vast, and the conditions are not easy. But the courage of the crews is more than equal to the task. Once again, I thank them all for what they are doing.

I would also like to thank Prime Minister Abbott for hosting us here in Perth; for formally agreeing to lead the search operations in the southern Indian Ocean; and for accepting our invitation for Australia to participate as an Accredited Representative in the investigation. We will continue to work closely with the Australian government to draw up a comprehensive agreement on the search.

At this difficult time, Australia has proven an invaluable friend. The Australian authorities, like so many others, have offered their assistance without hesitation or delay. I would like to sincerely thank Australians for all they have done, and are doing, to find the plane.

We are also grateful to all those who have brought their expertise to bear on what Prime Minister Abbott rightly called ‘one of the great mysteries of our time’.

The disappearance of MH370 has tested our collective resolve. Faced with so little evidence, and such a difficult task, investigators from Australia, China, France, Malaysia, the UK and the US and have worked without pause to reveal the aircraft’s movements. Their collective efforts have led us here.

We are here today, but our thoughts are thousands of kilometres away. In the cities and countries around the world, where families of those on board wait desperately for news. And in the vastness of the Indian Ocean, where MH370 awaits.

I know that until we find the plane, many families cannot start to grieve. I cannot imagine what they must be going through. But I can promise them that we will not give up.

Thank you."

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

actually a very good statement that properly thanks all involved in this search and reaffirms the commitment to continuing. In fact by now formally accrediting Australia and making them the lead agency for the search (since it seems clear it is in the southern indian ocean) i think it just emphasizes that they aren't pulling back. If they were, why bother doing a formal written agreement etc.

Mr Kerry is/was in the area maybe he should run over and check it out.

Considering nothing has been found, might as well check it out!

Therein lies the rub - would Pakistan consent to a search of their land by someone other than Pakistani forces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966