Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence Minister Senator David Johnston will provide an update on the search for MH370 at 11am WST (1pm AEST).

Thanks Amee for this update it is much appreciated. Press conference is 4 hours and 28 minutes from this post - 11pm New York time, 4 am UK time.

and that is another thing. i have read that the Chinese ship also has a detector on the hull of the ship, and yet everyone keeps talking about the one they lower into the water. one man just said it looked like a can with a string attached. what is the truth and what is really going on?? jmo

The truth is that the Chinese ship has a hull-mounted listening device, and apparently that wasn’t ever a secret (according to Australians in charge). The media would have you believe otherwise though, because I guess that gets more viewers/readers. :laughitup:

The photos posted in the media show the use of a handheld listening device, but it hasn’t been made clear whether those were taken recently as part of this investigation, or if they were just for PR purposes.

what is so disheartening to me is that of all the 'experts' you can't find 3 that agree. all the information we are being fed is contradictory. one guy just said that the box doesn't stop pinging, the pings just get weaker and weaker. so, when does it die? is there any one of the experts we can believe? if so, tell me who. tia

They should have Mr Patel or another executive from Dukane Seacom come on and talk about the underwater locator beacon..it is after all their product.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/04/us/flight-370-pinger-batteries/

Pingers are required to operate for a minimum of 30 days.
To ensure that requirement, manufacturers install batteries that can last several days longer.
Patel predicted that his pingers could work for 33 to 35 days, or perhaps longer, at full strength.
But that time span would decrease if the batteries were not replaced, he said.
The pinger sound, which is inaudible to human ears, does not stop immediately after it surpasses its full-strength design life, but fades over time.
The pinger will continue to emit signals with "progressively lower output levels until the unit shuts down," Patel said.

IMO, whoever did this did NOT know about the satellite pings, and did NOT know that the engine actually communicates with the satellite via this pings even if the transponder/ACARS, etc. is turned off.

Which makes me think - wouldn't Captain Shah have known about this satellite-plane ping communication? Or at least, have some idea that there is this hourly communication, even if he might not have known of the details of it. It seems to me he would have had an idea seeing how passionate he was about aviation.

JMO.

bbm
No I don't think that anyone but Rolls-Royce and Inmarsat knew.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26559627

Hishammuddin Hussein also denied a US report that Flight MH370 might have flown for hours after contact was lost.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e2484c-af7c-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

Malaysia Airlines didn’t buy computer upgrade that could have given data on missing flight

snipped

Had the Swift system been upgraded to include the full package of applications, it could have sent information on engine performance, fuel consumption, speed, altitude and direction, regardless of whether the transponder and ACARS were working, he said.

and that is another thing. i have read that the Chinese ship also has a detector on the hull of the ship, and yet everyone keeps talking about the one they lower into the water. one man just said it looked like a can with a string attached. what is the truth and what is really going on?? jmo

Not sure what to make of the Chinese finding...was it a real ping from the recorder or false alarm.

I, for one, do not believe that China heard a signal using the handheld hydrophone, that divers use, from the inflatable boat...IF they did indeed hear a true signal then IMO it came from a more sophisticated unit on the ship itself.

Yesterday we had thunderstorms move thru with drenching, flooding waters. This morning when I got up, I had no water in my hot water faucet, and later discovered a roaring water leak from a busted pipe, under the house.

Now I have had 3 experts tell me they are not related and that the high water and storms had nothing to do with it. Just a coincidence. You think I believe that? No, it has to be related. As in this case, there are no coincidences I believe. jmo

Not sure what to make of the Chinese finding...was it a real ping from the recorder or false alarm.

I, for one, do not believe that China heard a signal using the handheld hydrophone, that divers use, from the inflatable boat...IF they did indeed hear a true signal then IMO it came from a more sophisticated unit on the ship itself.

I have only been watching CNN (most coverage), but they keep stirring the pot.

Why don't they report the truth. Why do they keep showing the film of the Chinese in that little float boat when they have to know that was not filmed in the search area. Are they going after the Chinese for political reasons? I stopped watching them because of their coverage of 911 and now I am thinking I need to find another source for coverage on this. jmo

Yesterday we had thunderstorms move thru with drenching, flooding waters. This morning when I got up, I had no water in my hot water faucet, and later discovered a roaring water leak from a busted pipe, under the house.

Now I have had 3 experts tell me they are not related and that the high water and storms had nothing to do with it. Just a coincidence. You think I believe that? No, it has to be related. As in this case, there are no coincidences I believe. jmo

Perhaps to be covered by insurance it has to happen that way ? :wink: I just got new insurance carrier and agent warned me that water damage to be covered could not be related to flood or rains

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

bbm
No I don't think that anyone but Rolls-Royce and Inmarsat knew.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26559627

Hishammuddin Hussein also denied a US report that Flight MH370 might have flown for hours after contact was lost.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...e2484c-af7c-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

Malaysia Airlines didn’t buy computer upgrade that could have given data on missing flight

snipped

Had the Swift system been upgraded to include the full package of applications, it could have sent information on engine performance, fuel consumption, speed, altitude and direction, regardless of whether the transponder and ACARS were working, he said.

I don't know. I would be interested to hear from 777 pilots, whether they know about this or not, whether they have a general idea about it or not. I'm surprised it hasn't been asked on CNN, but maybe it has and I missed it. I would like them to ask Les Abends and the other 777 pilot.

Or ask the guy they used to have on....the editor of that Aviation magazine.

Perhaps to be covered by insurance it has to happen that way ? :wink:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Lol. If I still lived in the city I would agree, but here in the country we can always get it fixed. And just for a fried chicken liver dinner. :)

The truth is that the Chinese ship has a hull-mounted listening device, and apparently that wasn’t ever a secret (according to Australians in charge). The media would have you believe otherwise though, because I guess that gets more viewers/readers. :laughitup:

The photos posted in the media show the use of a handheld listening device, but it hasn’t been made clear whether those were taken recently as part of this investigation, or if they were just for PR purposes.

I have heard that mentioned as well
IMO
Since China has State Controlled Media we only see what the Chinese Gov't wants us to see and in this instance they wanted us to see military personnel on an inflatable boat using a handheld unit.

I'm getting more and more of a feeling that the plane went into the water mostly intact and just sunk in. I don't even know if that's possible, but that's what I'm starting to think. It would have had to have glided down, piloted, to do that, though, from what I've read.

Of course, could be that the debris field is just in an area that hasn't been searched yet.

JMO.

You could well be right. If it was a criminal act and the intention of whoever was piloting the plane was to make it difficult to be ever found, then they could have tried to minimise impact with the Ocean. Though my guess is they would be best to do this before fuel ran out so they could control the water impact with angle of descent, airspeed etc.

Joint Agency Coordination Centre

todays search

Media Release
8 April 2014—am

Up to eleven military planes, three civil planes and 14 ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

AMSA has directed the search of one large search area today of approximately 77,580 square kilometres, 2268 kilometres north west of Perth.

The first flight is expected to depart at 6:00am WST.

Good weather is expected for searching throughout the day.

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr013.aspx

I have heard that mentioned as well
IMO
Since China has State Controlled Media we only see what the Chinese Gov't wants us to see and in this instance they wanted us to see military personnel on an inflatable boat using a handheld unit.

And releasing those just shows their regard for our intelligence. None!! jmo

Does anyone know how many additional "laps" the Ocean Shield has done since the one where they heard the 15-min. pings?

Off topic, but you may want to take their word for it, as your homeowners insurance probably doesn't cover flood damage, but may cover a "non-related" pipe breaking.... Just hoping for the best:seeya:

Black box & under water pressure

Black boxes are required to be able to withstand a depth of 20,000 feet (3.8 miles, 6.1 km) for 30 days.

At 20,000 feet deep the pressure is 8900 pounds per square inch (psi) which is 606 times atmospheric pressure at sea level (nearly 4½ tons on each square inch of surface)

The DFDR must be watertight to a depth of 20,000 feet in sea water, and survive at this depth for 30 days

The units also have to withstand a static crushing force at all of its six axis points of an applied load force of 5,000lbs for 5 minutes on each axis.

black boxes are designed to withstand this pressure but the plane itself, even if it landed/sunk intact would be crushed

http://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/2869/black-box-under-water-pressure

You could well be right. If it was a criminal act and the intention of whoever was piloting the plane was to make it difficult to be ever found, then they could have tried to minimise impact with the Ocean. Though my guess is they would be best to do this before fuel ran out so they could control the water impact with angle of descent, airspeed etc.

And to my earlier point of, why would they head towards Australia? Why not head more towards the original search area....like in the middle of the South Indian Ocean?

And why wait until the fuel ran out? Wouldn't it have been much harder for analysts to "guess" where the plane was if it was deliberately put down before the fuel ran out - like let's say 1.5 hours before or something like that?

****Edit: I just thought of maybe b/c of the risk of leaving "oil slick" which could be detected. But if the plane was guided down and then sunk, would it leave oil slick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member