Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with it being in the ocean is, why go to such extreme measures to dodge radar and fly the route it did? Just doesn't make sense to me.

MALAYSIAN AIRLINES FLIGHT MH370 - FINAL ESTIMATED FLIGHT ROUTE

KUALA LUMPUR (WMKK) TO KONARAK AIRPORT, CHAH BAHAR, IRAN (OIZC)

TIME: 16:41 UTC - 00:11 UTC
DURATION: 7 HR 30 MIN
DISTANCE: 3122 nm (3593 mi) *
AVE. SPEED: 416 KTS

8565003.png

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES FLIGHT UAE343 - FLIGHT DATA

KUALA LUMPUR (WMKK) TO DUBAI (OMDB)

TIME: 17:30 UTC - 00:35 UTC
DURATION: 7 HR 5 MIN
DISTANCE: 3001 nm (3453 mi)
AVE. SPEED: 425 KTS

9372263.png

My problem with it being in the ocean is, why go to such extreme measures to dodge radar and fly the route it did? Just doesn't make sense to me.

So the pilot could "hide" it to make the government owned airline look bad. It worked!

I understood from the last press conference with Angus Houston, he indicated that China is fully cooperating and is part of the team of searchers. He didn't seem to indicate that China was rogue in the search.

Yes, that's true. He was treading very carefully with those questions, IMO.

But IMO, there's no question that there is sometimes lack of communication, for various reasons.

In fact, we learned from Mr. Houston that just that evening or the evening before that (can't remember which), Mr. Houston had a 2-hour chat with the Chinese ambassador to Malaysia. It sounded to me like this chat was mainly about communication, because he said that the discussion was very fruitful and resulted in adding additional Chinese liasions in the search center to help with language issues. I think Mr. Houston decided that, well he can't control what the Chinese or others choose to tell him, but he was sure gonna do everything in his power to make it easy for them to communicate any information with him (and the search command). In fact he said something along those lines. That he wanted to make it as simple as possible for anyone to communicate information with them.

Additionally, I believe language is a big problem. We kind of saw that during the press conference with the Malaysia Air CEO and the other executive. They could hardly understand the questions the Chinese journalists were asking them, even though the questions were in English. And vice versa, I think the journalists had some trouble understanding the executives. Even though everything is in English, but still there are going to be some language barriers and also accents make it difficult to understand. On top of existing language issues in trying to understand sometimes fast-speaking English, there is also the additional Australian accent on top of that. Same goes on the other side - Chinese accent or other accents. So I can definately see how there would be problems understanding each other.

JMO.

MALAYSIAN AIRLINES FLIGHT MH370 - FINAL ESTIMATED FLIGHT ROUTE

KUALA LUMPUR (WMKK) TO KONARAK AIRPORT, CHAH BAHAR, IRAN (OIZC)

TIME: 16:41 UTC - 00:11 UTC
DURATION: 7 HR 30 MIN
DISTANCE: 3122 nm (3593 mi) *
AVE. SPEED: 416 KTS

8565003.png

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES FLIGHT UAE343 - FLIGHT DATA

KUALA LUMPUR (WMKK) TO DUBAI (OMDB)

TIME: 17:30 UTC - 00:35 UTC
DURATION: 7 HR 5 MIN
DISTANCE: 3001 nm (3453 mi)
AVE. SPEED: 425 KTS

9372263.png

This has been in the back of my mind. Too frightened to even consider it.

Piggy back theory is low on my list of possibilities.
Wasn't it debunked by the experts a couple of weeks into the disappearance?
MH370 would have to have shadowed the UAE flight at the same speed the entire time. Plus, wouldn't the UAE flight have noticed a plane shadowing it? Obviously not on radar, but out a window, possibly?

Wow! Thanks so much. A self made man in every sense. I am so glad his dreams came true and we have the opportunity to know him. I hope to see him out of the simulator an at the desk as the expert he is!

I like his casual look and he seems really laid-back.

Good post! I see Wise remains skeptical and I'm glad someone is :)

I have also been wondering how many miles and fuel that big curve around to Avoid Indonesia adds to the flight? Or is my sense of it off...

Yes, exactly, and make me wonder whether the analysts who come up with the search areas are taking the plane around the curve around Indonesia, or taking the plane straight across and then outward? IMO, that would definately make a difference in the final place where plane ran out of fuel. So I am really curious about this.

Rebecca Munro ‏@RebeccaMunro1 3m
Journalist Network Ten,Perth.

Retired Air Chief Angus Houston will address media shortly with an update on the search for missing flight #MH370 pic.twitter.com/zaVLCh7TNQ

Piggy back theory is low on my list of possibilities.
Wasn't it debunked by the experts a couple of weeks into the disappearance?
MH370 would have to have shadowed the UAE flight at the same speed the entire time. Plus, wouldn't the UAE flight have noticed a plane shadowing it? Obviously not on radar, but out a window, possibly?

Not if MH370 was flying 5000 feet above UAE 343. :twocents:

But, yes, it is a long shot to have 2 777's piggy-back each other.

Hope we get some good news tonight. :please:

Rebecca Munro ‏@RebeccaMunro1 3m
Journalist Network Ten,Perth.

Retired Air Chief Angus Houston will address media shortly with an update on the search for missing flight #MH370 pic.twitter.com/zaVLCh7TNQ

:please:let it be something!:please:

Jeff Wise is following the blog of (NASA, etc) space scientist Duncan Steel, and I think Duncan covered this very recently (but after Mr. Wise's reporting).

It's a great analysis, so I suggest everyone head over to duncansteel.com to watch this guy work. He rocks :)

Here is the summarized relevant info to what you noticed, though:

From 'Information Pertaining to the
Search for MH370

Duncan Steel, 2014 April 06.
duncansteel.com '

And one of his awesome graphics to see what this means (as well as where the other limiting ping rings go and what time their pings were):

http://www.duncansteel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/x_3D_4.png

And below is that big ole graphic attached for a little version for us at WS. You won't get to see the times/lines clearly probably, so check out the big version at the link above.

Oh wow, thank you. I am definately going to check this out. I hope I don't get lost in all the technical stuff.

Thanks!

His name is great!

(A commenter) Robert P and Duncan seem to be focusing on heavy autopilot analyses. I'm not so sure that I think autopilot was used exclusively until much later in the flight. Of course, you'd check that first if doing the calculations they are, because then you have more knowns!

I do kinda have a feeling that the plane was human-piloted around the Indonesia situation, which is also where the pings got odd in their timing. It's also where a human may well fly around Indonesia for whatever reason (safety of those on the ground? Trying to evade radar? Knew the holes in radar if those exist?).

OTOH, that Robert P that I mentioned has an incredibly interesting 'autopilot-related' comment at "2014/04/06 at 5:37 PM" at the comment thread here:
http://www.duncansteel.com/archives/551#comments

I don't think we can quote comments even from science-y blogs like Dr Steel's. But it is interesting! So I think I still believe it could have been autopilot then (wait till his idea gets put through the modelling software). I wish I knew more about aviation, but his comment should make great sense to those who do, lol ;)

Why doesn't Inmarsat invite Duncan Steel up there to add his input/expertise??!

do you guys notice that whenever someone on the cnn panel request the flight sim guys to try something, they either say "no we can't do that" or "sure", then they modify the instructions to try something different than the request?

lol!!

reports here are just saying press conference is just an update on search. Sadly :(

I also like his idea of "recreating" it with the same configurations of MH370. This may lead to it, if it can be re-created with a 777 and weight leaving KL.

What?? You mean a Test Plane?? That was MYYYYY idea. How dare he, that Duncan Steel?!!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wait, but a couple of posters told me that surely the people in charge would have already thought of this idea.

Guess they haveennnnnn't.....................

reports here are just saying press conference is just an update on search. Sadly :(

:facepalm:

Maybe they should just think about sending out written statements updating on what ships are going out where, etc..

:facepalm:

Maybe they should just think about sending out written statements updating on what ships are going out where, etc..

They do that daily along with maps but I guess because of these pings everyone is talking about Angus needs to update. He did say at the last presser
I'll be back with you in the not too distant future

heres the link of the daily info and also the transcripts of the pressers.

Joint Agency Coordination Centre

http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/index.aspx

12am joint task force press conference scheduled in 5 mins from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog