Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but isn't it supposed to be a transparent, coordinated effort and sharing of knowledge. Especially the Australians who are footing this bill.

They must have translators. Why didn't they notify the Aussies of the pings?

Yeah. That's where I'm coming from. The Aussie search coordinator confirmed that's the joint research team found out about the pings in the media - the same time as the rest of the world.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/05/mh370-chinese-patrol-ship-detects-pulse-signal

The decision to release the news via Chinese media rather than the Australian agency set up to co-ordinate the operation is likely to cause friction. CNN said an Australian source connected to the search said the centre had learned of the alert several hours earlier but had not been able to communicate directly with the Haixun. While other search crews report possible evidence connected to the flight directly to the joint research centre, the Chinese teams report it to Beijing first.

He said China's Haixun 01 has twice detected an underwater signal on a frequency used for the plane's flight data and cockpit voice recorders - once for 90 seconds on Saturday and another more fleeting 'ping' on Friday, a short distance away.

Houston said the Chinese finding was more promising.

'I think the fact that we've had two detections, two acoustic events in that location, provides some promise which requires a full investigation,' he said.

http://www.skynews.com.au/feature/sf4/article.aspx?id=965083

Sounds like Ocean Shield has picked up the signal from both black boxes

ETA - they are going to lower their submersible and look for it. 4,000-5,000 deep

In my opinion, it sounds like that have found MH370

Sounds like Ocean Shield has picked up the signal from both black boxes

ETA - they are going to lower their submersible and look for it. 4,000-5,000 deep

what are is Ocean Shield searching. Are they in the same area as the China ship? ty

Ocean Shield detected a sustained ping signal for over 2 hours!

Ten News Melbourne ‏@tennewsmelb 22s

#MH370 - In last 24 hours Ocean Shield defence vessel has detected signals held for 2hr2min... & 13mins. #EyewitnessNews

the British ship HMS Echo was sent to search with the Chinese ship and investigate the signals the Chinese say they heard

the Australian ship Ocean Shield stayed in its location , further north, to further investigate the "acoustic sounds" it picked up the other day

Ten News Melbourne ‏@tennewsmelb 22s

#MH370 - In last 24 hours Ocean Shield defence vessel has detected signals held for 2hr2min... & 13mins. #EyewitnessNews

And two separate pingers.

I just ran back from what I was doing because I vaguely heard the Aussies say that the US technology heard it for 2 hours, yes!!!!

OMG, y'all!!!

edit: The Ocean Shield is the Aussie ship, yes! That is what he said but I always forget the exact names of ships, lol.

Wow Our US Navy detected signals!!

Ping for two hours

In northern part of search area

Ocean Shield detected a sustained ping signal for over 2 hours!

wow! that is the Breaking News we have been waiting for!

Sky News and CNN have reported Breaking News that a pinger locator being used in the search for MH370 has detected signals consistent with those emitted by aircraft black boxes

Houston: this is very deep water - 4500 metres - and the limitation on depth for the autonomous underwater vehicle is 4,500m #MH370

Finally a graphic I can understand. Thanks Angus.

Praying the world has answers soon.

It is times like this that I realize just how impatient I have become as I've gotten a little older. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem