Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got some link shared on FB. It was a video and said jet has been found, was hijacked and crashed on an island. It has to be bogus since no one here is reporting.

Edited: It's a scam going around on facebook!

This drives me crazy I keep an eye on twitter for the latest information and people are posting links to YouTube videos and Facebook and websites that are obviously a scam. They keep saying the plane has been found and I get very anxious then discover it is fake and get very annoyed. If it isn't a reputable news outlet don't click on it that's my advice to avoid a virus or a scam.

What call? I thought the phone was just possibly turned on?

CNN home page breaking news alert - cell tower detected co-pilot's cell phone 250 miles from where MH370 disappeared.

http://edition.cnn.com

This is very interesting... Wonder if they found any other phones on the aircraft searching for a signal. Hopefully it is true. We should be excited at another piece of info that could maybe give clues, but think we are all weary & will expect it to change...

Just checking different news pages, and found this on our local news site

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/mh370-conspiracy-malaysia-dismisses-cia-3411539

It's interesting that the article it refers to was printed on 6th April, and that's them just getting around to dismissing it?

I don't think the CIA are responsible, however i do believe there's a heap of information that we, the public, aren't privy to.

Here's the Utusan article

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...n-theory-blaming-cia-for-mh370s-disappearance

What call? I thought the phone was just possibly turned on?

IMO the cellphone pings are how they are where they are now.
I think i-phones etc... of passengers showed the way.
The fact that no one used them to try and contact family or friends is very telling...
jmo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Funny that some want to think the good thoughts and this accident was accidental and then there are of those of us that figure in the Captain of the Ship's personal problems and political motivations into it. Like me.
Me too, Auburn, you're not alone in your thinking.

It makes me wonder if the co pilot was trying to get a message out.

CNN.com was showing the bluefin in the live feed box about an hour ago. They said they have to map the ocean floor 1st; before bringing the more sophisticated equipment in; the robot type vehicles.

From the How deep is deep article Keep plunging

The pressure at nearly 15,000 feet is crushing -- so much so that very few manned submarines can withstand it.
"There are only about half a dozen subs that can go to half the ocean depth with a number of countries having that capability," said Sylvia Earle, an oceanographer for National Geographic. "If it gets to the point of collapse, it basically implodes, it just crushes."

Only a handful of people have traveled to such staggering depths. One of them is movie director James Cameron, who using a state-of-the-art vessel, dropped 35,000 feet, or about 7 miles, to the deepest place on Earth -- the Challenger Deep in the western Pacific Ocean.

James Cameron emerges from 'alien world' at ocean's depths

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Pings go silent; search goes underwater It will take the probe and its operators 24 hours to map each portion of the search area -- two hours to descend, 16 hours to map, another two hours to rise to the surface and four hours for operators to download and analyze the information.

The first mission will cover an area 5 kilometers by 8 kilometers (3.1 miles by 4.9 miles). It will take up to two months to scan the entire search area.

I have to hand it to Cameron. Wow. That is very risky and especially in a sub that has never been tested to those depths. Just incredible. I would never trust the walls being thick enough to withstand the pressure. Just think when you swim and go down 10 to 20 feet how it hurts your ears.

IMO the cellphone pings are how they are where they are now.
I think i-phones etc... of passengers showed the way.
The fact that no one used them to try and contact family or friends is very telling...
jmo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Good Point. Maybe Austrailia and US investigators did all the research on the passengers Cell Phone companies and determined last tower pings and that may have helped them know the plane went due south. They just may not be telling us public all about that.

I am willing to bet at least 5-10 % or more of the people on that plane had their cell phones on once they knew the plane was in trouble or being hijacked.

My initial reaction yesterday on the co-pilot phone being turned on was that he was able to push the button to 'on' just so it would connect to a cell tower. It was his only way of signaling for help or letting the world know something. I did not think he was trying to make a call.

My initial reaction yesterday on the co-pilot phone being turned on was that he was able to push the button to 'on' just so it would connect to a cell tower. It was his only way of signaling for help or letting the world know something. I did not think he was trying to make a call.

Weren't they flying at the low altitude at this point? So, my question is who was flying the plane? Who took it down to the lower altitude? ty

It's not really "proper" for a pilot to use a cell phone to "call" in a non emergency or non pilot situation but.......(that was my disclaimer, now.......)

I know that a ground level cell attaches to the closest tower to the phone in order to handle the call. Now as one rises in altitude(as in a plane) that same phone in the same place only higher in the air will connect to multiple towers.(likely why it's taboo to use individual phones in planes because it ties up multiple tower assets). I also know that after about 5000-7000ft the ability to use an individual cell phone becomes limited as far as personal calls.

My cell phone stays bluetoothed into my radio headset so I can keep up with
fight control center options that are phone accessible via special ground repeaters. That would not likely be normal operation for MAS 370 pilots with datalink, sat com, etc.

I would guess the phone was turned on to try and give a clue to the unfolding situation.

Funny that some want to think the good thoughts and this accident was accidental and then there are of those of us that figure in the Captain of the Ship's personal problems and political motivations into it. Like me.

I think the plane was hijacked by "others".

US officials are saying the co-pilots cellphone was ON yet they are not reporting that it was Turned ON

Perhaps the co-pilot NEVER turned his phone OFF and just turned the volume down

IF he never turned his phone off the It lost the signal when they took off and tried to re-acquire a signal when it was flying low over Penang and flew over a cell phone tower.

NO evidence a call was made

I am hopeful that someone else on that flight did not turn their cellphone off

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: Co-pilot's cell phone was ON, U.S. official says

However, the U.S. official -- who cited information shared by Malaysian investigators -- said there was no evidence the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, had tried to make a call.

The official told CNN's Pamela Brown on Monday that a cell-phone tower in Penang, Malaysia -- about 250 miles from where the flight's transponder last sent a signal -- detected the co-pilot's phone searching for service around the time the plane vanished from radar.

I can't get passed that there were no demands made if it was hijacked. There were several countries represented on that flight. jmo

I sort of lean the same way, tends to make me think one of the pilots was involved. Or, it it was hijacking by others, that something went wrong, and their plan didn't work.

I can't get passed that there were no demands made if it was hijacked. There were several countries represented on that flight. jmo

If they had demands would we be informed?

Many countries have a policy of not negotiating with terrorists when in hostage situations regardless of what the terrorists want.

Do terrorists always have demands?

How long was the plane flying at 45,000 feet? Has that been reported? Surely Malaysia must know that. How much oxygen would be available to all the passengers on the flight during this time? I believe I read 10 minutes supply per passenger, with the pilots having up to a 30 minute supply. If the plane held the altitude for longer than 10 minutes I would think the passengers would not have survived. Is it possible the pilots dropped to the 5,000 level to restore the oxygen level? Wouldn't that be critical information that Malaysia would have or at least have some idea of how long the plane was up past the safety level?

OT - I saw that US Airlines is trending on Twitter and thought -- OH NO! Not another crash. The actual reason is far more disgusting and amusing all at once. If you haven't checked it out yet -- go over to Twitter and click on #USAirlines under the trends. Yikes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli