Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had demands would we be informed?

Many countries have a policy of not negotiating with terrorists when in hostage situations regardless of what the terrorists want.

Do terrorists always have demands?

If hijackers have demands they will typically go public so that family members will put pressure on a government to give the hijackers what they want to save their people.

However in this case its possible that there was only a limited number of hours for demands to be met and if this was a hijacking by either pilot or others then the demands obviously were not met.

So not sure we would ever hear about it because the government would want to squash that they did not pay ransom OR give the hijacker/pilot what they wanted (example-freedom for his friend) and the hijackers may be all dead. So this case could be different than the norm.

How long was the plane flying at 45,000 feet? Has that been reported? Surely Malaysia must know that. How much oxygen would be available to all the passengers on the flight during this time? I believe I read 10 minutes supply per passenger, with the pilots having up to a 30 minute supply. If the plane held the altitude for longer than 10 minutes I would think the passengers would not have survived. Is it possible the pilots dropped to the 5,000 level to restore the oxygen level? Wouldn't that be critical information that Malaysia would have or at least have some idea of how long the plane was up past the safety level?

BBM
Yes
I will try to find more links but here is one..
I am not certain if the 45,000ft is Confirmed or Official and the 23 minutes I did not hear before until this article...so I take it with a grain of salt.

iirc, it is reported that RADAR information showed the plane ascended to 45, 000ft..
Separate Oxygen systems for the Crew and Passengers

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/malaysia-a...s-pilot-passengers-final-hours-flight-1442843
APRIL 1, 2014

The plane flew at 45,000ft for 23 minutes, which may have rendered the passengers unconscious as experts estimate the oxygen would have run out in 12 minutes.

How long was the plane flying at 45,000 feet? Has that been reported? Surely Malaysia must know that. How much oxygen would be available to all the passengers on the flight during this time? I believe I read 10 minutes supply per passenger, with the pilots having up to a 30 minute supply. If the plane held the altitude for longer than 10 minutes I would think the passengers would not have survived. Is it possible the pilots dropped to the 5,000 level to restore the oxygen level? Wouldn't that be critical information that Malaysia would have or at least have some idea of how long the plane was up past the safety level?

Yes it is important to know and you have it correct as far as minutes for passengers and pilots for O2.

ETA---Someone else provided the estimated minutes it was at 45000 feet. Interesting as I had not heard that they even determined that.

Thank you everyone for all your posts and updates they are very much appreciated.

Here is a link to the official JACC (Joint Agency Coordination Center) transcript of today's press conference if anyone missed watching it http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/interviews/2014/april/tr009.aspx I thought this may be useful.

Here is a link to the transcipts of all the JACC Australian press conferences if anyone wishes to go back and read them or would like to see the ones put on the website in future. http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/interviews/2014/April/index.aspx

Here is an official link to all the press releases by the JACC in Australia http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/index.aspx

I will post the one for the 15/4/2014 when it becomes available.

If anyone finds out information about future press conferences please post them here if you can. I do my best to provide warning alerts about them but sometimes I fall asleep because of my pain medication.

Thanks again.

I understand from reading several articles that the passengers would have 12-20 minutes of oxygen maximum but according to this article the pilot can disable the release of the oxygen masks which is horrifying to think about. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/w...phone-calls-from-missing-passengers.html?_r=0

April 14, 2014, 2:23 pm
But an automated underwater vehicle would be deployed this evening to conduct sonar searches for wreckage.

Each underwater mission will take 24 hours to complete, including the downloading of data. And there would be no indication of whether the vehicle had encountered anything until that data had been viewed, he said.

Mission number one - commencing this evening - will cover an area of 40 square kilometres.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/22622328/mh370-thrown-around-like-a-fighter-jet/

This is from Perth's main newspaper. Looks like the AUV went underwater last night.

This drives me crazy I keep an eye on twitter for the latest information and people are posting links to YouTube videos and Facebook and websites that are obviously a scam. They keep saying the plane has been found and I get very anxious then discover it is fake and get very annoyed. If it isn't a reputable news outlet don't click on it that's my advice to avoid a virus or a scam.

I don't click any of the videos posted on Facebook.
Unless it comes from MSM, I just ignore it.

I sure hope so. Between looking for #MH370, trying to find Relisha Rudd and keeping things straight in the Oscar Pistorius trial, I am about to lose my sanity. :eek:
It would be wonderful to get some encouraging news.

Yep, I know what you mean. I'm starting to get "floating debris and oil slick" mixed up with Pistorius's throw-up pail.:floorlaugh:

New Press release from the Joint Agency Coordination Center in Australia about the search today 15th of April 2014 http://www.jacc.gov.au/media/releases/2014/april/mr022.aspx

Media Release
15 April 2014—am

Up to nine military aircraft, two civil aircraft and 11 ships will assist in today's search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

Today the Australian Maritime Safety Authority has planned a visual search area totalling approximately 62,063 square kilometres. The centre of the search areas lies approximately 2,170 kilometres north west of Perth.

The Autonomous Underwater Vehicle deployed last night from ADV Ocean Shield.

After completing around six hours of its mission, Bluefin-21 exceeded its operating depth limit of 4,500 metres and its built in safety feature returned it to the surface.

The six hours of data gathered by the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle is currently being extracted and analysed.

Bluefin-21 is planned to redeploy later today when weather conditions permit.

The weather forecast for today is south easterly winds with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms, sea swells up to two metres and visibility of five kilometres.

The Chief Coordinator of the Joint Agency Coordination Centre, Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston (Ret'd), will provide further updates if, and when, more information becomes available.

Many countries have a policy of not negotiating with terrorists when in hostage situations regardless of what the terrorists want.

I grew up in the hijacking era. 1960's. Most if not all had demands. Don't think we knew what a terrorist was. The hijackers just wanted to go to another country and land the plane and get off of it. then we had the era of bombs on the plane. I had many friends that worked for airlines as stewardesses. They had to quit because they would actually break out in hives if they had to fly especially overseas.

None of this fits. No demands and what seems they just disappeared the plane passengers and all. No purpose and nothing accomplished. I just think it had to be a mechanical accident. And the powers that be did not follow up properly. (towers) jmo

It's not really "proper" for a pilot to use a cell phone to "call" in a non emergency or non pilot situation but.......(that was my disclaimer, now.......)

I know that a ground level cell attaches to the closest tower to the phone in order to handle the call. Now as one rises in altitude(as in a plane) that same phone in the same place only higher in the air will connect to multiple towers.(likely why it's taboo to use individual phones in planes because it ties up multiple tower assets). I also know that after about 5000-7000ft the ability to use an individual cell phone becomes limited as far as personal calls.

My cell phone stays bluetoothed into my radio headset so I can keep up with
fight control center options that are phone accessible via special ground repeaters. That would not likely be normal operation for MAS 370 pilots with datalink, sat com, etc.

I would guess the phone was turned on to try and give a clue to the unfolding situation.

BBM.
No it's not proper. But if all communications were knocked out, a cell phone would be the next best thing, I guess.

Sometimes terrorists do acts in retaliation to a country for actions they have done to a person, group, religion or another country just like in 9/11. They do not always make demands they sometimes just want to cause maximum damage/suffering, kill in revenge and cause terror to people around the world.

I hope I am wrong and this tragedy was mechanical failure but like many of you my suspicion is that the pilot murdered 238 people as some kind of political statement in revenge against his country. I think he was severely depressed and angry at his government because of what they did to the opposition leader. Hopefully the black boxes will be found and they will reveal the truth.

I have just seen this on twitter it is terrible people are doing this to the families they have suffered enough without this as well.

"A newspaper from China has reported that while the search for the missing plane is still on-going, some conmen had laid their eyes on the family members of the MH370 passengers and crew.

According to the news report, the scam syndicate uses email passing off as MAS personnel to inform the next of kin that they can start to apply for compensation but the beneficiary must first pay a certain amount as processing fees before the financial body can release the money."

http://www.mca.org.my/en/be-wary-ag...rew/?utm_source=MCA.org.my&utm_medium=Twitter

April 15, 2014 - 9:48AM

But it turned back six hours into its first 16-hour mission because it had reached its maximum operational depth of 4.5km, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre said in a statement on Tuesday.

After completing around six hours of its mission, Bluefin-21 exceeded its operating depth limit of 4500 metres and its built-in safety feature returned it to the surface,” JACC stated.

“The six hours of data gathered by the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle is currently being extracted and analysed.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/miss...-resurfaces-20140415-36ofo.html#ixzz2yuSfxaSC

But it turned back six hours into its first 16-hour mission because it had reached its maximum operational depth of 4.5km, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre said in a statement on Tuesday.

After completing around six hours of its mission, Bluefin-21 exceeded its operating depth limit of 4500 metres and its built-in safety feature returned it to the surface,” JACC stated.

“The six hours of data gathered by the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle is currently being extracted and analysed.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/miss...-resurfaces-20140415-36ofo.html#ixzz2yuSfxaSC

Hopefully something useful is found in the data.

What I heard reported on CNN by a Naval commander was that the blue fin reached the depth it had been programmed for. Realized it was over the depth it was programmed for and returned for further direction.

I say garbage in, garbage out. jmo

A couple days old, but nonetheless:

"Investigators reveal MH370 co-pilot tried to make a call from his mobile phone after the aircraft 'vanished' but 'was abruptly cut off'"

article-2603075-1D0DC20D00000578-204_634x507.jpg

It appears that is when MH370 was flying erractically, perhaps it was his last ditch to make communication to someone, anyone?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yuVjyNpU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead