Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx for that little tidbit. Thought it was new, did not realize it was a month old. Maybe that should have been made clearer, somehow. :dunno: Dayum....back to lurking on this thread.. ;)

It was in reference to oil slicks and what they can be with the plane. Sorry it was confusing to you.

I wonder if we will ever know what truly happened to Flight 370 - it's such a bizarre case, I'm not even sure what to think anymore!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it sounds completely wasteful ,that they would know how deep the ocean floor and know the bluefin would return when it reached that depth.

Is that showing us that they are almost out of options for locating the plane?

I think it sounds completely wasteful ,that they would know how deep the ocean floor and know the bluefin would return when it reached that depth.

I believe it was stated a few days ago the maximum depth Bluefin can achieve and how deep the area is that is being searched...and...that Bluefin would be at its capacity in that area. They truly are searching uncharted ocean territory.

MOO

I guess if you think searching that one area is wasteful??? Not sure what you mean. As for me I am hopeful. jmo

Im hoping the 6 hours of data it gathered will be helpful.

The six hours of data gathered by the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle is currently being extracted and analysed," the centre said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-...mh370-search-sub-completes-first-dive/5390786

I am glad to hear they are using to AUV and are now extracting 6 hours of data.

I believe their efforts have been diligent and I go to bed every night hoping to wake up to some answers for everyone, but especially the loved ones of all onboard MH370.

I just want them to find it and give the families and everyone else some straight answers....quit telling the world information...only for it to be false, incomplete or totally contradict yesterday's news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PERTH: A mini-sub hunting for Malaysian jet MH370 prepared to make a second mission to the remote Indian Ocean seabed Tuesday after aborting its first search as it encountered water deeper than its operating limits, officials said.
The unmanned submarine loaded with sonar to map the ocean floor deployed Monday night from the Australian ship Ocean Shield which has spearheaded the hunt for the Boeing 777 that vanished on March 8.
“After completing around six hours of its mission, Bluefin-21 exceeded its operating depth limit of 4,500 metres and its built in safety feature returned it to the surface,” JACC said, without detailing the exact depth of operations.
“The six hours of data gathered by the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle is currently being extracted and analysed,” JACC said.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...i-sub-tries-again-after-first-search-aborted/

Im hoping the 6 hours of data it gathered will be helpful.

The six hours of data gathered by the Autonomous Underwater Vehicle is currently being extracted and analysed," the centre said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-...mh370-search-sub-completes-first-dive/5390786

Everyone is hoping that .

I hope they have information that makes it reasonable to think that but so far no information reported has been very hopeful.

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2014/04/07/sub-hunting-for-source-of-pings-in-plane-search

Despite the promising evidence, Houston warned that he could not yet definitely say searchers had pinpointed Flight 370's crash site.

"I think that we're looking in the right area, but I'm not prepared to say — to confirm — anything until such time as somebody lays eyes on the wreckage," he said.

Someone brought up using common sense and that is a very good point. Ocam's razor basically states that the simplest of competing theories should be considered first over the more complex ones.

This Poll on WS was done awhile back and there has been a lot more information obtained since the poll started but it is still very interesting to look at. Here are the current top 5 from the poll results:

1- hijacked + crashed into water (128 people voted)
2- landed safely on land (99 people voted)
3- hijacked + plane landed safely but is hidden (95 people voted)
4- i dont know (62 people voted)
5- pilot suicide + crashed into ocean (39 people voted)

All JMO
For #1, I began to think of common sense why this one may be it.

NOTE: IMO, #1 can include either the pilot, co-pilot, or some other hijacker because it is NOT specific as some people may not have noticed the other option or did not like the word suicide in the other option with #5. ANYBODY could become a hijacker including the pilot or copilot, so the wording of this poll is not clear enough IMO.
I am using just what news reports and info have been released of which we all know some of it may be rumors but going based on what I read somewhere in the past few weeks. Again, some of this may be rumor type info but listing it anyway.

For #1 (interpreted as ANY hijacker which could include anyone on board that plane, passenger, pilot, copilot, etc. It is not specific who hijacked plane):

-There was supposedly a purposeful turning off of communication transponders.

-There was supposedly a purposeful zig-zag pattern after turning left.

-The altitude of plane seemed purposeful going way up to over 40000 feet and then way down to around 5000 feet.

-If there was any type of mechanical failure, there was no identified attempt of an emergency landing anywhere which would have been a normal response to some severe mechanical failure. Instead, the plane took a heading south to the deepest most remote ocean.

-The plane flew for a very long time with no change of course to try to get near land or to try an emergency landing.

-There was rumored to be a call from the pilot to somone else on his cell phone before boarding.

-Another plane supposedly tried to contact this plane on emergency VHF frequency and he heard mumbled voices.

-The pilot was in court for his friend and his friend may be going to prison or jail after that court case.

-There were rumors of the pilot having an affair and rumors of trouble in his marriage.

-There were rumors of his wife leaving his normal house and flying to another location the day or 2 after this flight.

-There were 2 passengers with fake passports that were gotten from Ali. Nothing much more heard about these 2 people.

-There were rumors of the copilots phone being reconnected when the plane went low.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JMO, in thinking about Occams Razor and who would have hijacked the plane, it seems plausable based on all the above that either the pilot or the co-pilot either worked together or 1 of them knocked out the other one to take over the plane. Then locked the cabin door so no passengers could get in OR used the 45000 feet height to knock them all out.

But the biggest thing that does not make sense is why go to remotest part of ocean and hide the plane deep in water. The best answer to this was what a few people have brought up. He may have wanted to try to make sure insurance money or his job's benefit money would still be paid out to his family and children. That is 1 good reason why he may have tried to hide the plane.

Because if it is found out the pilot or copilot did it on purpose, I am sure insurance and company benefits do NOT pay in those circumstances.

FINAL THOUGHT: Its plausable. This is just one of many possible reasons the plane ended up disappearing. For me personally, I am just keeping a list of all the possibles and have quit trying to pick just 1 reason and just wanted to bring this poll results to the forefront because it is interesting to think about what others have thought.

I keep thinking we're just watching a movie and we'll eventaully walk out of the theater and be like, oh, that was all fake??

Or in a nightmare and wake up.

It doesn't even seem real.

I was very, very nervous that something would happen to the Bluefin. I thought, since everything seems to be going wrong in this tragedy, that Bluefin would break down, or hit some underwater mountain and go kaput.

So I'm actually kind of relieved that it was only b/c of depth programming and it still came back up and had data and will go down again.

I sure hope so. Between looking for #MH370, trying to find Relisha Rudd and keeping things straight in the Oscar Pistorius trial, I am about to lose my sanity. :eek:
It would be wonderful to get some encouraging news.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Yes, know what you mean! I'm trying to keep up with MH370 and Oscar Pistorius. But Oscar is just like other defendants who are guilty, so pretty predictable and he is following the "guilty" playbook to a tee. MH370, I also wonder like others if we'll ever know what really happened.

WTH, this can't be true. Five hours to meet the hijackers demands? Demands of what? Can't just be the dropping of the sentence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yubTMXMi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It's pretty sad when this "crazy" article by the Daily Mail is actually one of the most believable things I've heard in this whole thing.

btw is this Anwar guy really that important in Malaysia?

I was very, very nervous that something would happen to the Bluefin. I thought, since everything seems to be going wrong in this tragedy, that Bluefin would break down, or hit some underwater mountain and go kaput.

So I'm actually kind of relieved that it was only b/c of depth programming and it still came back up and had data and will go down again.

The blue fin acted so perfectly it is amazing. It went where it was programmed to and came home when the calcs were out of his realm. What else can be said.

The blue fin acted so perfectly it is amazing. It went where it was programmed to and came home when the calcs were out of his realm. What else can be said.

I agree. I think someone programmed the Bluefin to run too close to its maximum depth and a current took it down below its maximum.

It seems they could easily program that thing to stay about 100 feet above its maximum. They know the maximum so they need to keep it above that maximum. Easily done if programmed properly.

Never will find it IMO. In that pressure under 15,000 feet, there will be nothing left.

I believe it was stated a few days ago the maximum depth Bluefin can achieve and how deep the area is that is being searched...and...that Bluefin would be at its capacity in that area. They truly are searching uncharted ocean territory.
MOO

BBM: I know we are all hoping for a miracle, that this aircraft is located. I truly believe that it may not be found soon. Even though we have the best technology looking for it, there are some areas in the world that the most up to date equipment just can't handle.

If this had been just 15 years ago, they wouldn't have been able to track it as far as they have. Fifteen years ago, a small percentage of the world had phones attached to their hips. Now look, more people have them then don't. While technology is growing by leaps and bounds, we can't expect it to provide answers overnight (or even after a month) in some cases.

One thing good with the Bluefin. Even though they are just in the mapping phase with Sonar, what that really means is they are making sonar "pictures" of what the bottom looks like and if that plane shows up, they will see it on the sonar map of the bottom. The plane will show up as a distinct outline and they will be able to make it out and identify it right away even during this mapping.

Whether they will tell us or not right away when they find it is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli