Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple days old, but nonetheless:

"Investigators reveal MH370 co-pilot tried to make a call from his mobile phone after the aircraft 'vanished' but 'was abruptly cut off'"

article-2603075-1D0DC20D00000578-204_634x507.jpg

It appears that is when MH370 was flying erractically, perhaps it was his last ditch to make communication to someone, anyone?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yuVjyNpU
Yeah I think he figured out that the pilot commandeered the plane and was trying to notify someone. Too bad it couldn't have been fighter jets.

BBM.
No it's not proper. But if all communications were knocked out, a cell phone would be the next best thing, I guess.

That was MY Disclaimer in order to post how I know what altitude cell phones work at when I am acting as PIC. It was more of a this is what the law says, don't try this at home sort of disclaimer. In plain words trying not to self incriminate in any way on an open forum. While at the same time showing why the copilot was likely doing so and the gravity behind his act.

Did Fariq know he was going to die and had, as his cousin had suggested, tried to phone his mother to say goodbye?
An email received by the Mail recently suggested that the aircraft had been hijacked and that the pilots had been ordered to fly around Malaysian and Indonesian air space while negotiations were carried out.
Those negotiations, said the email - from a source in Malaysia which could not be verified - demanded the dropping of a jail sentence imposed on Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim.
The hijackers, said the email, gave government negotiators five hours to meet their demands or the plane would be destroyed.

WTH, this can't be true. Five hours to meet the hijackers demands? Demands of what? Can't just be the dropping of the sentence.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yubTMXMi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A couple days old, but nonetheless:

"Investigators reveal MH370 co-pilot tried to make a call from his mobile phone after the aircraft 'vanished' but 'was abruptly cut off'"

article-2603075-1D0DC20D00000578-204_634x507.jpg

It appears that is when MH370 was flying erractically, perhaps it was his last ditch to make communication to someone, anyone?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ormal-communication-ground.html#ixzz2yuVjyNpU

No Proof a Call was ever made...that is speculation from the media

From today's headlines

Co-pilot's cell phone was ON, U.S. official says

However, the U.S. official -- who cited information shared by Malaysian investigators -- said there was no evidence the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, had tried to make a call.

The official told CNN's Pamela Brown on Monday that a cell-phone tower in Penang, Malaysia -- about 250 miles from where the flight's transponder last sent a signal -- detected the co-pilot's phone searching for service roughly 30 minutes after authorities believe the plane made a sharp turn westward.

The revelation follows reporting over the weekend in a Malaysian newspaper that the co-pilot had tried to make a telephone call while the plane was in flight.

Was it ever verified that the Pilot's family left the home the day before the flight? Or was that more misinformation from Malaysia?

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

CNN reporting Bluefin-21 returned to the surface after six hours. Detection device automatically returns when too close to ocean floor.

:please:
Would oil slicks still be hanging around a month later?

They might if it is a slow leak and the weather has not been too bad. An expert on CNN last night said it was unlikely an oil slick would not have dispersed by now. Someone else from Airline Ratings said on CNN that a ship from the war the HMS Sydney which sank in November 1941 still leaks oil in Australia. They collected a few liters of the oil slick and are having it tested to see if it is from MH370 they had to send the sample back to land to be tested. Hopefully the results of the test will be revealed a press conference a few days from now.

No Proof a Call was ever made...that is speculation from the media

From today's headlines

Co-pilot's cell phone was ON, U.S. official says

However, the U.S. official -- who cited information shared by Malaysian investigators -- said there was no evidence the co-pilot, Fariq Abdul Hamid, had tried to make a call.

The official told CNN's Pamela Brown on Monday that a cell-phone tower in Penang, Malaysia -- about 250 miles from where the flight's transponder last sent a signal -- detected the co-pilot's phone searching for service roughly 30 minutes after authorities believe the plane made a sharp turn westward.

The revelation follows reporting over the weekend in a Malaysian newspaper that the co-pilot had tried to make a telephone call while the plane was in flight.
My belief is due to the low altitude, the phone made contact with a cell tower. Perhaps the phone had been turned on, perhaps it was never turned off. Since no connection was made, we may never know. Strange we hear no report of anyone else on board attempting to make a call.

MOO

Good evening everyone!
:seeya:

CNN reporting Bluefin-21 returned to the surface after six hours. Detection device automatically returns when too close to ocean floor.

That is not what they reported earlier. The blue fin returned when it reached the depth it had been programmed for. jmo

That is not what they reported earlier. The blue fin returned when it reached the depth it had been programmed for. jmo

Thanks...this is the first I have heard it. Now saying it exceeded operating depth.

:waitasec:

Was it ever verified that the Pilot's family left the home the day before the flight? Or was that more misinformation from Malaysia?

Verified by Investigators? NO, not that I have read or heard

It's the Media that ran those stories saying a "Friend" (no name given), or a person spoke on the condition of anonymity, of the Pilot told them the wife moved out

When the Media writes an article quoting a Friend and provides a name, that friend says good things about the Pilot.

"But his friend Peter Chong insisted Capt Zaharie, 53, would be "the last person" to hijack the aircraft"

My belief is due to the low altitude, the phone made contact with a cell tower. Perhaps the phone had been turned on, perhaps it was never turned off. Since no connection was made, we may never know. Strange we hear no report of anyone else on board attempting to make a call.

MOO

BBM
I agree

The media gets info that the cellphone connected with a tower and they run Headlines saying "the co-pilot made a desperate call from mid flight"

BUT in the body of those same Stories the journalist then report the phone re-attached/connected to a tower and then detached because the plane flew further away from the tower.

Today US officials say the Phone was ON and as the plane flew over the cell tower at Penang it attempted to connect.

I need to see Cellphone logs or evidence from the Cellphone carrier to back up the Media's claim a phone call was made before I believe everything the Media prints

IMO..alot of what we are reading is coming from media outlets that are considered TABLOID media...Are they completely honest in their reporting?

Thanks...this is the first I have heard it. Now saying it exceeded operating depth.

:waitasec:

well that is typical. adds more to the mystery or the failure or the experts. I heard the Naval commander say it and I believe him. It went beyond the programed depth and then realized it had exceeded the programming and came back. At this point who knows. lol

well that is typical. adds more to the mystery or the failure or the experts. I heard the Naval commander say it and I believe him. It went beyond the programed depth and then realized it had exceeded the programming and came back. At this point who knows. lol

That appears to be consistent with what is being reported now. Apparently it has some automatic detection device which sent it back to the surface.

MOO

That appears to be consistent with what is being reported now. Apparently it has some automatic detection device which sent it back to the surface.

MOO

this is such a sophisticated piece of equipment I have almost come to think of it as human. Yep, it is only doing what it is told to do. I am hopeful it will find the wreckage and we can move on and these families can get some peace. jmo

BBM
I agree

The media gets info that the cellphone connected with a tower and they run Headlines saying "the co-pilot made a desperate call from mid flight"

BUT in the body of those same Stories the journalist then report the phone re-attached/connected to a tower and then detached because the plane flew further away from the tower.

Today US officials say the Phone was ON and as the plane flew over the cell tower at Penang it attempted to connect.

I need to see Cellphone logs or evidence from the Cellphone carrier to back up the Media's claim a phone call was made before I believe everything the Media prints

IMO..alot of what we are reading is coming from media outlets that are considered TABLOID media...Are they completely honest in their reporting?

Also, information is constantly written, then retracted. I take everything I read with a grain of salt.

I heard on CNN that the Bluefin returned because there was a drop off in the ocean floor. Dunno.

this is such a sophisticated piece of equipment I have almost come to think of it as human. Yep, it is only doing what it is told to do. I am hopeful it will find the wreckage and we can move on and these families can get some peace. jmo
Bluefin is awesome!

Praying for the same...

:praying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads