Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was reported the luggage of the people who didn’t end up boarding MH370, was removed from the plane before departure?

Exactly.
But who knows. Maybe there WAS debris, but by the time the search shifted to that area, any debris that was floating, sunk or was swept away by the currents.

If the debris sunk, wouldn't the searchers find it?

A plane that size would leave something floating.

I'd start from where the transponder was switched off, Vietnam ATC hand-off.

Question: Does the US man any Vietnam airspace? TIA

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I thought it was reported the luggage of the people who didn’t end up boarding MH370, was removed from the plane before departure?

I seem to remember being said those people who didn't board didn't exist and there was no luggage removed from the plane because the luggage didn't exist either.

If the debris sunk, wouldn't the searchers find it?

A plane that size would leave something floating.

I'd start from where the transponder was switched off, Vietnam ATC hand-off.

Question: Does the US man any Vietnam airspace? TIA

Yes, which is why I'm starting to doubt the plane headed toward Perth/ended in the South Indian Ocean.

I have a feeling it's near where the plane's last communication was heard...

Interesting. I have no idea if you’re correct or not, but it sure sounds like a logical explanation to me! :laughitup:

Archangel7, you mention tail stabilizers staying afloat for a “relatively long time” in other ocean crashes. Can you elaborate on what a relatively long time would be?

A week passed between when the plane disappeared and when they started looking in the general area of the current search - are you talking a longer time frame than that?

I’ve always figured that the delay between disappearance and Indian Ocean search was a reasonable explanation for the lack of debris?

IIRC in the Air France Airbus incident the vertical stabilizer was about the first sign of wreckage and was discovered and or recovered after about 5-7 days I believe. So at least that long and likely much longer as it was floating well when recovered.

ETA found a link..........http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-06/09/content_11512901.htm

IIRC in the Air France Airbus incident the vertical stabilizer was about the first sign of wreckage and was discovered and or recovered after about 5-7 days I believe. So at least that long and likely much longer as it was floating well when recovered.

ETA found a link..........http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-06/09/content_11512901.htm

Correct, but AF447 was an Airbus 330. Different plane, different impact?

Correct, but AF447 was an Airbus 330. Different plane, different impact?

It could I suppose, as different planes are definitely designed differently. Seems they determined AF 447 aerodynamically stalled. That tends to insert complications quickly into flight control/response in many aircraft if not corrected immediately and could cause a somewhat predictable impact attitude.

However, so could fuel starvation over water without a talented pilot.

It could I suppose, as different planes are definitely designed differently. Seems they determined AF 447 aerodynamically stalled. That tends to insert complications quickly into flight control/response in many aircraft if not corrected immediately and could cause a somewhat predictable impact attitude.

However, so could fuel starvation over water without a talented pilot.

This reminds me of a story printed in the UK's Mirror on 14 April 2014 that still makes me wonder ...

Cracks in the aircraft

Six months before the plane went down, the U.S. aviation watchdog warned airlines of a problem with cracks in Boeing 777s that could lead to a mid-air break up or a catastrophic drop in pressure.

The Federal Aviation Administration issued an alert in September last year giving airlines until April 9 to detect and correct cracking in the fuselage skin on Boeing 777s.

The FAA warned that failure to do so would leave the aircraft vulnerable to ‘a rapid decompression and loss of structural integrity’.

The organisation issued a final directive just two days before the Malaysia Airlines plane took off and said one airline had found a 16-in crack in the fuselage skin of a 14-year-old plane.

However, Boeing said that the FAA alert did not apply to the missing jet because it did not have the same antenna as the rest of the Boeing 777s

Yeah, this was another one of those early reports coming right from a worker at the Malaysia airport if I remeber correctly.

Then all of a sudden he was either silenced or told to recount his story or something else changed that made this story go away.

I tend to not discount these types of things so quickly as Malaysia authorities seem to want to discount things. The story obviously originated somehow. It had to have some basis for the story to get started.

Another one of those things that really made us go hmmmmmmm early on.

If people did in fact not board then it sure points to a certain group of people that knew the plane was going to be targeted.

Ever since day 1 I have had suspicion of Malaysia government knowing exactly what happened to the plane and doing everything in their power to make this story go away.

-The photo of the 2 guys with same legs
-The rumor of the passengers that did not want to board
-The way they would not tell hardly anything to the families of any real facts about anything, like the cargo, etc.
-The way they seemed hesitant to agree the plane turned left
-The whole demeanor of their spokespersons just comes across as if they are hiding something.

I dont know if its pure imcompetancy or if I agree with Anwar.

Yeah, this was another one of those early reports coming right from a worker at the Malaysia airport if I remeber correctly.

Then all of a sudden he was either silenced or told to recount his story or something else changed that made this story go away.

I tend to not discount these types of things so quickly as Malaysia authorities seem to want to discount things. The story obviously originated somehow. It had to have some basis for the story to get started.

Another one of those things that really made us go hmmmmmmm early on.

If people did in fact not board then it sure points to a certain group of people that knew the plane was going to be targeted.

Ever since day 1 I have had suspicion of Malaysia government knowing exactly what happened to the plane and doing everything in their power to make this story go away.

-The photo of the 2 guys with same legs
-The rumor of the passengers that did not want to board
-The way they would not tell hardly anything to the families of any real facts about anything, like the cargo, etc.
-The way they seemed hesitant to agree the plane turned left
-The whole demeanor of their spokespersons just comes across as if they are hiding something.

I dont know if its pure imcompetancy or if I agree with Anwar.

I'm going with incompetency.
But in their defense, Malaysia has never had to deal with something of this magnitude before.

Professor Pattiaratchi is familiar with what’s known about the undersea terrain in that area.

In general terms, he says, there is a single mountain called the Wallaby Plateau looming about 2000m above the seabed and surrounded by water 4000m to 5000m deep.

The terrain slopes north from the peak and some 50km to the northwest of that is a canyon that drops to 5000m. The ATSB is working on a worst-case scenario of 6000m.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...in-mh370-search/story-e6frg6n6-1226927377808#

This reminds me of a story printed in the UK's Mirror on 14 April 2014 that still makes me wonder ...

Yes seems the cracks were under the Sat comm antennae.

The one Airworthiness Directive issued in the last few months that fits a instant catastrophic decapacitating event and a susbsequent fire in the sky as witnessed by the New Zealander (I believe) Mike McKay..........

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgad.nsf/0/b79fb2b22698da8186257ccb004a6b49/$FILE/2014-09-06.pdf

However it wouldn't seem to fit a seven hour continued flight.

The missing plane is such a mystery that has spawned
so many possible theories about what could have gone wrong.
But sometimes, as they say, life is stranger than fiction.
I just read a news story that I never would have thought of happening ...
a passenger with a death wish, doing a multiple arson attack on a plane !
Who would believe something like that ? But this actually happened on
19 Feb 2014 just a couple weeks before the MH370 incident ...
The culprit was never found ... what if this person tried it again ?
Or evolved into trying a different tactic ? ?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/passengers-questioned-over-multiple-fires-etihad-flight-n35191

Terrified travelers on the Boeing 777-300ER flight from Melbourne to the United Arab Emirates capital of Abu Dhabi said the fires sent smoke into the cabin and appeared to have been deliberately set. Smoke was detected in two lavatories while the flight was over the Indian Ocean late Monday, the Associated Press reported.

I'm going with incompetency.
But in their defense, Malaysia has never had to deal with something of this magnitude before.

I'm going with their society and government is not what we are used to in the West.
I don't think they expected this incident to be placed on a world podium.
I do feel they are afraid to be seen as incompetent, since their security holes were exposed with at least the 2 Iranian's.
It's easier to say they don't know than to be seen as foolish.
JMO.

I'm going with their society and government is not what we are used to in the West.
I don't think they expected this incident to be placed on a world podium.
I do feel they are afraid to be seen as incompetent, since their security holes were exposed with at least the 2 Iranian's.
It's easier to say they don't know than to be seen as foolish.
JMO.

Good post!
You said what I wanted to say better than I could.
I couldn't think of the right thing to say, so I just went with incompetency.

I never would have thought of happening ...
a passenger with a death wish, doing a multiple arson attack on a plane !
Who would believe something like that ? But this actually happened on
19 Feb 2014 just a couple weeks before the MH370 incident ...
The culprit was never found ... what if this person tried it again ?
Or evolved into trying a different tactic ? ?

I been thinking more about this incident & I think the authorities should do a passenger list comparison between this Etihad flight & MH370. Perhaps the passenger with the death wish had a life insurance politcy worth millions for the surviving family ?

For those that haven't read the related articles, there was a couple of fires set on this one plane, then the plane landed & was checked & after the second take off, there were a couple more fires (5 fires were set in total on this flight).

So it is definite that there was a person in the Indian Ocean area trying to harm a plane they were on.
12 passengers were detained for more thorough questioning but the crime came to no solution & they were all released a couple days later. When the fire attack didn't work, the desparate culprit may have graduated to attempting a more sophisticated plan on MH370 ?

There are too many co-incidences:
- just a couple week apart
- Indian Ocean area
- unusual suicide by commercial airliner

I been thinking more about this incident & I think the authorities should do a passenger list comparison between this Etihad flight & MH370. Perhaps the passenger with the death wish had a life insurance politcy worth millions for the surviving family ?

For those that haven't read the related articles, there was a couple of fires set on this one plane, then the plane landed & was checked & after the second take off, there were a couple more fires (5 fires were set in total on this flight).

So it is definite that there was a person in the Indian Ocean area trying to harm a plane they were on.
12 passengers were detained for more thorough questioning but the crime came to no solution & they were all released a couple days later. When the fire attack didn't work, the desparate culprit may have graduated to attempting a more sophisticated plan on MH370 ?

There are too many co-incidences:
- just a couple week apart
- Indian Ocean area
- unusual suicide by commercial airliner

Interesting isn't it! Seems from most reports police were investigating a female passenger.

The flight map posted by a passenger in this report is very interesting also.

11lluex.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...et-flying-Australia-United-Arab-Emirates.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon