Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Telegraph article published a 4 page list of passengers - i have counted & there's 207 listed.
I understood there to be 227 passengers on board - it made me curious & so i asked the question as above.

The original passenger lists are still available to find, and there are passengers missing. And The Telegraph article appears to be in alphabetical order so unsure it's simply a page missing.

Ah ... I see what you mean. I looked a bit further, and it looks like the Telegraph list does not include the people in the seats after seat 38G, or the youngsters sitting on laps.

This is the PDF of the full seating plan that includes the seating past 38G .. the last 20 do not seem to be included on the Telegraph list (seat 38H onwards).

I think that may explain it. :)

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/content/dam/mas/master/en/pdf/MH370 - Seating plan.pdf

The Telegraph article published a 4 page list of passengers - i have counted & there's 207 listed.
I understood there to be 227 passengers on board - it made me curious & so i asked the question as above.

The original passenger lists are still available to find, and there are passengers missing. And The Telegraph article appears to be in alphabetical order so unsure it's simply a page missing.

How about babies - there are a few of them on my birth data list (all 227 plus 12 crew accounted for) that came from South China Airlines. Can't find the link sorry; included it in the last thread.

Oops sorry SAussie missed your post. :seeya:

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

:welcome4:

This is like one of those things where I just go, "oh, yeah, DUH!" (trust me, I have LOTS of those throughout the day).

Thank you for shedding light on this matter and IMO you have answered the "straight-line, curved line" questions we have had on here!

I just have to really believe they can't be very far off, b/c what about those pinging sounds? I mean, those must have been from the black box, right? That would be a very cruel twist if those weren't actually from the black box. So I keep thinking to myself, it's there, somewhere in that area, it's just a matter of stumbling across it.
Thanks for the welcomes. I am highly sceptical they stumbled across the pings in such a vast area due to the limitations in detecting them. But of course they may have a more accurate fix from wreckage or radar that has not been disclosed. The simplest explanation of catastrophe, inept radar controlling, ditching in supremely remote area is a high probability to cause mass confusion in the explanations. But as with the supposed locating of the pings, I have become suspicious many things are being hidden from the public.

Thanks for the welcomes. I am highly sceptical they stumbled across the pings in such a vast area due to the limitations in detecting them. But of course they may have a more accurate fix from wreckage or radar that has not been disclosed. The simplest explanation of catastrophe, inept radar controlling, ditching in supremely remote area is a high probability to cause mass confusion in the explanations. But as with the supposed locating of the pings, I have become suspicious many things are being hidden from the public.

Welcome to websleuths!

I agree. You don't know what you don't know.

O/T I was informed earlier today that a friend is seeing a woman in her 40's and she thinks that drones are pretend., made up for tv shows.

:welcome6:

I, completely, agree.
And I believe this to be true from the start.

Welcome to websleuths!

O/T I was informed earlier today that a friend is seeing a woman in her 40's and she thinks that drones are pretend., made up for tv shows.

That's sad about the 40 y/o woman and her delusion about the drones, however it's not as sad and insane as the fact that she probably votes.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Winston Churchill

Anyway, the word was out May 2nd that info. release would become increasingly tight. Translated that means "circling the wagons."

My speculation is there are simply too many shareholders involved or in Corporatespeak too many silos and each and everyone is protecting their own little kingdom. Add to that the several governments involved and their secrets concerning any equipment that it takes in order to solve this. Kind of a Spy vs Spy scenario........:banghead:

Repost of pics of missing passengers and details..

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-are-the-passengers-onboard-the-missing-plane
bbm

"The 227 passengers and 12 crew onboard came from 14 different countries.

The majority, 154, were Chinese while other passengers were from America, France, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Russia, the Netherlands, India, Ukraine, Russia, Taiwan and Indonesia.

Seven of the passengers were children.

The oldest passenger was 76"

Maybe you meant Cocos Islands?? as the curve goes along very close to there.

Christmas Island is a long way further north east & nowhere near the arc. If it had gone close to Christmas Island well I'd be thinking something along the lines of hijacking over asylum seeker issues. This is going off topic but for anyone not familiar with that island, up until last year asylum seekers in the 1,000s were arriving by boat from countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Iraq & taken to Christmas Island to have their refugee status assessed before either being sent home or sent to Australia. That all changed when a new government was elected Sept last year. The numbers of arrivals was dramatically cut when the gov decided to send them to Papua New Guinea or sent back home.

Another map of the arc. I've enlarged it a little for clarity. I wouldn't take too much notice of the inset, as whoever has added that has put Perth half way up the coast of West Australia.

2cxb8ch.jpg

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...eases-part-of-flight-mh370-preliminary-report

I wonder if anyone could of seen MH370 from Cocos Island since it got close.

BBM.
The thing with that though, is the pilot had many years (and hours) of flying. He wasn't a new pilot. Why would he want to take a plane full of passengers for a joyride? Is that not what his FS was for?

Yes, you're right. The only thing with FS is that it can't actually be the real thing. IDK. I don't really think the pilot did it, it's just sometimes I wonder, I'm sure as we all do. And when I wonder, I have to wonder about what possible reason or motivation could he possibly have?

As Archangel mentioned, pilots are pretty much restricted by a lot of rules and regulations during commercial flights, as expected. And yeah, I suppose he could have saved up money and bought himself a little plane, but crikey it would not be anything like a 777, YKWIM? Maybe he just wanted to do his little tricks and turns and whatever he wanted with the plane, without having to answer to anyone? IDK, I'm just thinking aloud....just trying to flesh out this one theory. There is no way really possible, I suppose, for a pilot to have free reign with a 777, under normal conditions.

Welcome to websleuths!

LOL! I am trying to think if that would make for a better or a worse girlfriend.......

Most Americans believe the search for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 should continue, but roughly half the country thinks the arduous search is being conducted in the wrong place, according to a new national poll.

Nearly eight in 10 respondents, or 79%, think there are no survivors.

Slightly more than half of all Americans — or 52% — believe that the general public will eventually find out what occurred, but 46% say that the fate of the missing airliner will always remain a mystery.

More poll results at link ...

http://fox6now.com/2014/05/06/what-happened-to-those-on-board-mh370-poll-gauges-opinions/

My opinions only, no facts here:

Regarding my previous post (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241199&page=25; post #616) about the fire bottle(?) found on a beach in the Maldives: I found possible errors in my work and have an improved interpretation that I am working on. I contacted the newspaper at Maldives Finest and they said I could use their published photos of the object in my reconstruction. This will help me greatly.

Also, I have gone back to the basics and studied the original "sheen" in the Gulf of Thailand that was found shortly after the disappearance of MH 370. This "sheen" looks like a light-brown discoloration on the ocean, possibly with a faint pink tinge. It might be possible to produce this surface discoloration with dilution of a red compound. Here are two (of many) theoretical sources of a red compound:

1) Mangosteen rinds contain cyanidin-3-sophoroside and (minor) cyanidin-3-glucoside. These are red pigments.
2) The burning of lithium can produce red colors.

There have been a handful of questions regarding whether mangosteens float. From my research, 4 out of 5 fruits might barely float for a short while, but I suspect you would have to be at the crash site within hours to see any of them.

Sleuth On!

My opinions only, no facts here:

Regarding my previous post (http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241199&page=25; post #616) about the fire bottle(?) found on a beach in the Maldives: I found possible errors in my work and have an improved interpretation that I am working on. I contacted the newspaper at Maldives Finest and they said I could use their published photos of the object in my reconstruction. This will help me greatly.

Also, I have gone back to the basics and studied the original "sheen" in the Gulf of Thailand that was found shortly after the disappearance of MH 370. This "sheen" looks like a light-brown discoloration on the ocean, possibly with a faint pink tinge. It might be possible to produce this surface discoloration with dilution of a red compound. Here are two (of many) theoretical sources of a red compound:

1) Mangosteen rinds contain cyanidin-3-sophoroside and (minor) cyanidin-3-glucoside. These are red pigments.
2) The burning of lithium can produce red colors.

There have been a handful of questions regarding whether mangosteens float. From my research, 4 out of 5 fruits might barely float for a short while, but I suspect you would have to be at the crash site within hours to see any of them.

Sleuth On!

Just to add my 2 cents in the spirit of cooperation.....usually the lighter oil products tend to "rainbow" in water(sea), for example Jet A, JP4, Diesel, etc.
The heavier products like Bunker Fuel(ship fuel), crude oil, etc. give a red tint.

Thanks.

One thing re: speeds, they have drawn up different arcs depending on different speeds the plane might have been travelling at - such as 320, 350, 375, etc. But then I also see strange speed settings like 323, 332, stuff like that. I guess my question would be - does auto-pilot come at pre-set speed intervals on the 777? like, for example, you can choose b/w intervals of 25?

I guess I find it odd that why would someone set the speed on auto-pilot at something like 323? YKWIM?

And btw, now they they are apparently "going back to the drawing board" and going over all of their available data and calculations, I still think they should at least try the Test Plane theory which I discussed a while back. Have a real 777 go up and follow exact KNOWN points and altitudes and speeds up until the last waypoint. Check how much fuel is left in the plane. Then calculate various flight arcs using that reading of fuel along with the Inmarsat satellite ping info. and plug in variou speeds.

Then have Test Plane try a few of those routes (for the beginning couple of hours of the flight path), and compare those Inmarsat satellite ping readings from the Test Plane to the Inmarsat satellite pings readings from MH370. Adjust flight paths accordingly until they get a narrow search area.

JMO.

You now, since they are going back to the drawing board and all. I guess we are all free to "re-submit" all our earlier theories now.

I agree that now we all reserve the right to start over and adjust our theories accordingly. :floorlaugh:

I also agree they should just use a real similar plane and just take a trial run the same expected path and watch the same radar that they used to make their calculations. They should be able to replicate it exactly if their calculations are correct. But without doing that they are still guessing IMO.

Now that they cancelled their air searches my original plan is no longer possible. I would have loved for them to take 10 of those planes and fly arm-to-arm and just fly the expected route to see if they spotted any debris. Once they hit Perth, adjust to the side and fly back north.

Rinse + repeat a few times and they could have checked a lot of water area along the entire route.

This would have accomplished a lot more searching of a critical flight path zone rather than focusing on 1 area at what they think is the landing area.

There are many reasons why I worry that the pings they picked up may not be from this plane.

1-The frequency was a little bit off and not exact as to what was expected.

2-There were submarines for sure operating in that same area and a submarine gives off sonar pings about 1 second apart. Subs do this for their own navigation purposes as they have to ensure they know how far the bottom is. The pings they picked up at the surface could have been submarines IMO. The countries operating the subs were probably not telling search control exactly where they were at all times. This is proven because China basically did not tell search control where they were at all.

3-China heard their own set of pings further South. This was basically ignored and there was never an explanation of why their pings were ignored and the northern pings were chosen as the correct ones.

4-Early on before the Bluefin efforts, when they were doing just air searches, there were many planes throwing out these Marker Bouyes with GPS tracking devices that give off some sort of locator sound. These Marker Boyoues could have sunk and they may have been picked up as the pings.

5-Sabotage the search. Lets just suppose a certain country does not want the plane found. This certain country could have people on board some of the search boat vessels or search planes of their own and they could have thrown overboard some pingers at various spots just to throw off the searchers. Create mass confusion and make it harder to find the plane.

I just wanted to say that most of you must have high IQs, because you come up with things that I would never come up with! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010