Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the trailer have a "new" info TIA!

I was able to see the 3 minute excerpt video that you linked to before.
But if the full video is now online, it wouldn't load for me :(
Maybe because I am not in Australia ?
Is someone allowed to put a working copy of the complete video in the WS media section ?
If so it would be appreciated. Thanks

[FONT=&quot]It varies between the carrier, aircraft manufacture and governments in each country. There are issues where the aircraft are not airworthy and determined by the carrier. There are issues wherein directives are issued by the FAA ( it’s all about money, let’s say for fun wheels are falling off the 777-200!) [/FONT]

Boeing will do whatever it can to say the air carrier is doing something to make the wheels fall off. The airline will counter and say its Boeing! Then the government might step in and say it Boeing and FIX or we will ground the fleet worldwide.

The AD’s are typically absurd like: all carriers operating the 777-200 will implement the corrections outlined in AD F5465456497r4f897af44g8a7a (wheels falling off models 200 and 300) by 2019. (the absurd part the timeframe for compliance $$)

Then depending on the financial picture of each carrier some will start to do the repairs when the aircraft goes through its checks. There are 4 checks (age/flight cycles) A checks B checks C checks D checks. A check the lightest D is basically rebuilding the things and cost millions!

There are a bunch of items on each aircrafts MEL (Minimum Equipment List) which means the airplane has an issue but is cleared to fly without correction. If the pilot is willing to take off with whatever item is not working BUT on the MEL then it’s a go.

. The captain can, always, however, say I am not accepting this aircraft –rarely done on MEL item –management/$$$.. Planes are flying around all over the place with items on the MEL awaiting repair.!

Any aircraft with MEL must be noted and “shared” when the aircraft changes flight crews.
It typically takes a couple of crashes and fatalities for the government to step in in a meaningful manner.

Groundings have been rare. The first being (contrary to myth it was Britain who built the first “jet” Sadly the Comet (always thought she was ugly) ran into serious issues early, midair decompressions and was grounded never to fly again.

. They found out the squarish shape of the windows lead to fatigue cracking. By the time all that done, Boeing had launched the 707 which went on to an historic career and erroneously believed to be the world’s first jet.

Here is list of fleet groundings in aviation history- it obviously, is the biggest black mark a jetliner can experience and impacts its life forever. People shy away, sales plummet and it goes down in aviation history.

The DC-10 grounding was the most significant one I remember – IT WAS FLEETWIDE meaning all 10’s were down - and it haunted the airliner the rest of its career. Most typically have lives of around 30-40 years (major airlines sell them to minor airlines in third world countries extending their lives) --

The Dc-10 had a rough life! ………….in 1979, the FAA grounded the DC-10 & revoked its type certificate (serious sh$t!) for ~1 month after a tragic crash in Chicago (airline maintenance was at fault). ---{This was a nasty – (FAA and McDonald Douglas made a deal then did nothing) BUT then another DC-10 crashed (one of the deadliest ever) in Turkey.--. This was a HUGE deal! Cargo doors were blowing off. There were a couple of “warning incidents” here in US firstb but they landed safely. Then Turkish air happened. [

……………..in 2008, AA grounded its MD-80s to fix wiring.

…………in Nov 2010, Qantas grounded its A380 fleet after a mid-air engine explosion (the A380s were grounded until Jan 11) --------

These are good examples where the carrier can chose – other A380 operators continue to utilize the A380 even though Quanta’s chose to ground its A380’s. In the MD-80 deal American grounded its fleet while other carriers continued to fly them without doing what American did.

…….also in Nov, Boeing grounded its 787 test fleet after a mid-air fire (BA shares fell 3% in response & flight tests were grounded for 2 months).

Mini digression: This baby is the 777 follow-up next gerneration aircraft by Boeing (really pretty in the air). .Boeing does 707 then 727 then 737 etc etc. Airbus the same A310, A320, A330 etc...they are at A380 now. Douglas did same DC-3,4 .5 etc-they went to 11!.

Back on task...........................

………….in Feb 2011, United grounded its 757 fleet to allow for maintenance checks that took 60-90 minutes. Last year, American grounded some 757s to fix loose seats.(that one I recall -- it was spilled drinks)

………………last year, the NTSB recommended ( mixed message) that GE-nix-powered 787s and 747-8s be grounded to allow for inspections.

…………….the FAA has previously come under heat for not being quick enough to ground planes and instead relying on operators self-reporting.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-history-of-grounded-planes-2013-1#ixzz327aEm4ki

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-01-17/the-787-and-the-dc-10-a-history-of-two-troubled-jets

But at the end of the day we do have to be fair – aviation has had a remarkable run safety wise in industrialized the world the last 6 years or so.

NTSB - give them total control and poof were on our way and with HONESTY -its neat stuff, but MAL will , IMO, keep them way background - NTSB will not participate in anything but the truth, released as it comes PEROID!

It’s all been a dance, where I get confused (not being tacky) is why so many believe anything that is going on - they have lied and lied and backtracked and altered and refused and denied and countered and changed and revised for close to a quarter of a year already blab

Think about it if a "friend" did this type of stuff to someone - would that someone continue to trust that individual?

It boggles my mind..........and any expectation that an entity is going to "start" being authentic and honest after months of deception don’t you see --- they can’t -----

you can’t say , for months that you never took a cookie out of a cookie jar and then all of a sudden start admitting you are taking cookies......it indicates that you have been doing so all along!!!

Never happen - especially in MAL370 .................too much covert stuff, secrets,truths that must never be revealed etc............imo

Great post
“The plane is somewhere, maybe without MAS [Malaysia Airlines] markings,” he said. “It is a waste of time and money to look for debris or oil slick or to listen for pings from the black box.”

This is quite an interesting short article, unsure if the previous PM is just weighing in with his tuppence worth, or if he's onto something...? He seems very respected in his country & don't think he'd speak out if he wasn't totally sure.

I'm only posting as i'm totally sure it's MSM and isn't conspiracy theory based...

http://m.smh.com.au/world/cia-withh...ysian-pm-mahathir-mohamad-20140519-zrh0a.html

I was able to see the 3 minute excerpt video that you linked to before.
But if the full video is now online, it wouldn't load for me :(
Maybe because I am not in Australia ?
Is someone allowed to put a working copy of the complete video in the WS media section ?
If so it would be appreciated. Thanks

Maybe this one will work...

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners

Thanks for trying to help. This one didn't work either :( but it did give
a message saying that it was only available in Australia. And it said to try
"iview programs on the Australia network available through IDC international".
If anyone knows those links please post them.

Otherwise can anyone tell us foreigners if there was anything revealing in the show ?

This map is interesting for a general overview of where & when & how many planes
have gone missing durng most people's lifestimes ...

Attachments

• 20140320_flight.jpg
    20140320_flight.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 18
A day full of info ... co-incidence or related ?

New York Times article:
U.S. to Charge Chinese Army Personnel With Cyberspying

... charges it has filed against several individuals in China’s People’s Liberation Army, accusing them of stealing trade secrets from American companies and marking the first time the United States has charged government employees with economic espionage, according to law enforcement officials.

In a separate case, the department will announce charges against several people who used a hacking software called Blackshades. The software allows hackers to remotely control a computer ...

The report said that an overwhelming percentage of attacks on American corporations and government agencies were being initiated by a unit of the Chinese Army ...

The N.S.A. has also tracked more than 20 Chinese hacking groups - including some from the Chinese Army and Navy - that have broken into American government networks and companies. The companies included Google, and drone and nuclear-weapon part makers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/20/us/us-to-charge-chinese-workers-with-cyberspying.html

Have we ever heard from the Malaysian government that the cargo listing that they are refusing to identify because of "security" reasons was not in any way hazardous enough to be considered in bringing down this aircraft?

Years ago engine manufacturer's had a problem with airlines buying defective parts from companies with lower compliance standards. The parts would fail and cause engine problems. This is why companies such as Boeing will tell an airline it is their problem to fix. You can't make them buy parts from the manufacturer or parts that are recommended by the manufacturer. For insurance reasons I believe the majority of airlines put in the parts that are required by the manufacturer for obvious reasons. It's as it is in all things, if you don't follow the manufacturer's directions they will not guarantee the parts. JMO

Have we ever heard from the Malaysian government that the cargo listing that they are refusing to identify because of "security" reasons was not in any way hazardous enough to be considered in bringing down this aircraft?

Years ago engine manufacturer's had a problem with airlines buying defective parts from companies with lower compliance standards. The parts would fail and cause engine problems. This is why companies such as Boeing will tell an airline it is their problem to fix. You can't make them buy parts from the manufacturer or parts that are recommended by the manufacturer. For insurance reasons I believe the majority of airlines put in the parts that are required by the manufacturer for obvious reasons. It's as it is in all things, if you don't follow the manufacturer's directions they will not guarantee the parts. JMO

Yes, and I can vouch for that because I perform Quality Assurance testing on hardware, firmware, software.
If a vendor recalls a component that is in the field, it is our responsibility to take the necessary steps to revoke the item (s).

If the part were to fail, and we did not do what the vendor asks, it is our fault.

IMO, it's the same thing with this case, if, in fact MH370 has a faulty component.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Yes, and I can vouch for that because I perform Quality Assurance testing on hardware, firmware, software.
If a vendor recalls a component that is in the field, it is our responsibility to take the necessary steps to revoke the item (s). If the part were to fail, and we did not do what the vendor asks, it is our fault.
IMO, it's the same thing with this case, if, in fact MH370 has a faulty component.

Respectfully, I am not sure that your answer matches the question asked.
What you said may well be true, however in the case of MH370, there has been NO recall.

All the public knows is that 2 airplanes had to return to their departure airport due to transponder problems.
As I mentioned before, there is a long timeline between when problems FIRST begin to occur
& when there is FINALLY a notification or recall issued to all customers.

An Indian offical commented that he had become aware that Boeing 777 & 787 planes with Air India were plagued with transponder problems. That was merely his opinion & not a legal opinion on record. Also he does not speak for the Boeing company.

Furthermore, we can not assume that American policies & practices are universal to other countries.
In fact as far as aviation goes, we already know that the USA runs ALL passports through interpol before takeoff.
And the USA sends up a military jet to investigate every plane who loses communication with air traffic controllers.
Since MH370 went missing, the world sadly learned that Malaysia did NOT perform either of these normal American policies.

All I remember is that the Malaysian government OR Malaysia Airlines vouched that the lithium batteries were properly packed.
I do not believe anyone has yet issued a public comment on the safety features of the confidential cargo.

Even if the transponders were not working their cell phones were. They traveled over Malaysia and could have called in an emergency landing. There just are too many things wrong here, IMO, for it to have been just one issue. Too many things just do not make sense...... jmo

Even if the transponders were not working their cell phones were. They traveled over Malaysia and could have called in an emergency landing. There just are too many things wrong here, IMO, for it to have been just one issue. Too many things just do not make sense...... jmo

This is what I have read about the cell phone connectivity for MH370:
- this particular plane was not equipped with the satellite feature to connect cell phones
- there are no cell towers in the ocean to transmit signals there
- no cell towers reach up to the 25,000 to 35,000 feet of the normal flight pattern
(over land they could connect only if the plane was below 5,000 feet)

After watching a marathon of "Mayday", air accidents seem to be a combination of series of events that caused the accident. This one is just weird because the series of events upon handing off to Vietnam ATC just don't jive.

The Ocean Shield is the ship that has been primary in all the underwater searches & it's commander James Lybrand doesn't even believe the pings were from MH370.
Makes me wonder if Agnus Houston knows what he is doing.

Excerpt from Wall Street Journal ... 12 May 2014 by Daniel Stacey, WSJ ...

In defense of Angus Houston, just 3 years ago he would have been Commander James Lybrand’s boss. Angus retired as Chief of the Defence Force in July 2011.

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Houston

Angus has never said that the acoustic sounds were definitely from the black boxes. He said that some were consistent with signals from the black boxes, and based on Inmarsat and other data (maybe data from our own long-range radar?) that general area of the South Indian Ocean is their best lead to date (paraphrasing from the many MSM quotes).

As coordinator of the search ops in Aussie SAR waters, he will be relying on data and expert opinions from many sources. He will not be making decisions on his own. His primary role is diplomacy and coordination of the many (sometimes hostile to each other) nations involved in this. He will also be protecting Australia from the intrusive activities so close to our shores.

The Ocean Shield is the ship that has been primary in all the underwater searches
& it's commander James Lybrand doesn't even believe the pings were from MH370.
Makes me wonder if Agnus Houston knows what he is doing.

Excerpt from Wall Street Journal ... 12 May 2014 by Daniel Stacey, WSJ ...

The paper reported that Commander James Lybrand told it authorities were increasingly considering only the two transmissions on April 5 as relevant to the search

However, the Joint Agency Co-ordination Centre said analysis of all four detections was continuing.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...light-recorders/story-e6frg95x-1226916475170#

How would lithium catch fire, I wonder.

I saw Swiss Air 111 doc today, and I'm not 100% convinced MH370 had a fire.

It it odd to say goodnight, then 2 minutes later, manually turn off the transponder and no distress call, nothing.

Something could have overheated on board/in the cargo hold.
I've seen news reports where people's laptops have overheated and caused house fires.
Scary stuff.

Apparently this is another website that has a restricted world view & is only viewable by Australians.

try this link

James Lybrand, Australian naval commander, said two of those four pings were "too weak to have been from a man-made device."

Normally, the frequency should measure 37.5 kHz. Signals from April 5 were still considered potential leads from missing plane. This was considered a possibility due to the "weakening batteries or vagaries of deep-sea conditions."

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/5524...alaysia-airlines-plane-pings.htm#.U3qWbXZVW40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010