Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And why did she wait almost 3 months to mention this?

ETA- OK just read she told a few people about it....but come on! The whole world is looking for this plane and she decides now is the time to mention this to the press?

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/I-thought-saw-MH370-fire-says-Phuket/29654#ad-image-2

“I was on a night watch. My husband was asleep below deck and our one other crew member was asleep on deck,” she told the Phuket Gazette.

If it was an odd sight in the sky, it makes me wonder why she didn't wake the other person up she said was on deck at the time.

It may be completely genuine, but the cynic in me also wonders if there is a financial gain to be made in the case of some solo eyewitness accounts. The corresponding GPS data is interesting but I have no idea just how secure or reliable any data really is.

I suppose the way authorities were quick to discount other possible eyewitness accounts (like the oil rig guy) might have something to do with not coming forward if she didn't think it would be taken particularly seriously.

All my opinion only.

Here's another article about this with other info / further explanation of some stuff:-

Sailor Katherine Tee reports seeing Malaysia Airlines MH370 on fire near Thailand

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...re-near-thailand/story-fnizu68q-1226941681483

PHUKET GAZZETTE:-

‘I thought I saw MH370 on fire,’ says Phuket yachtie

PHUKET: A British sailor crossing the Indian Ocean en route to Phuket in March has stepped forward to file a report that she may have seen the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370.

Katherine Tee, 41, was sailing from Cochin, India to Phuket with her husband Marc Horn, 50, when she saw what looked like a plane on fire crossing the night sky, with a plume of black smoke trailing behind it. <snip>

This is an interesting lead. For those who want to follow up on it, the woman who had the sighting is having an ongoing open discussion about it online. where there is more explanation & mention that she has contacted the Australian JACC. Hopefully there will be follow up ... also because a victim's family member has initiated contact ...

<modsnip>

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f108/i-think-i-saw-mh370-127132-6.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...r-expects-to-die-before-planes-mystery-solved

Mother of MH370 passenger expects to die before plane's mystery solved

Irene Burrows doubts she'll know fate of her son 'in my lifetime', as other heartbroken families call for new search plan

The 84-year-old mother of an Australian passenger on the missing flight MH370 no longer expects to live to see the mystery of its disappearance solved.

Brisbane-based Rod Burrows and his wife Mary were beginning a holiday in China when the plane vanished soon after taking off from Kuala Lumpur on 2014 March 8.

"I doubt it will be in my lifetime," Irene Burrows said on Friday from her home in Biloela, central Queensland in north-east Australia. "All I just want is a bit of plane. It's all I want to know where they are."<snip>

Been lurking again for a while but does this report not fit in with the oil rig sighting?

Been lurking again for a while but does this report not fit in with the oil rig sighting?

I was wondering the same thing.

The question becomes based on where the oil rig guy said he saw the ball of fire, could the plane have also flown to where the lady saw it or maybe Visa-Versa in reverse?

To answer we need to plot out where the oil rig sighting was and then plot where her sighting was. Im not sure if we have enough detailed information to be able to plot the 2 points. It would be interesting to see if they are close enough to see if it is feasable that they may have both saw the plane after it was on fire.

BBM

and continued flying for several hours?

I am no longer convinced of Immarstat's analysis and them saying it flew for 8 hours. They could be right but they sure could be wrong IMO.

Just like the 4 sonar signals are no longer being treated that they came from the black boxes, I am no longer convinced that Immarstat was even looking at the right pings from what they think was MH370. For all we know it could have been another plane entirely.

Another possibility is that the pilot managed to hit the automatic fire extinguishers that go off in various parts of the plane. I suppose its possible that the fire may have gone out after first burning for awhile.

IMO, im just not convinced of anything anymore and think all things need to be re-investigated very thoroughly this time.

It seems the early investigation was way too quick to decide certain sightings and reports were not valid. Where is the detailed analysis of how they concluded things were not valid. Until we see detailed reports of how they are making their decisions, we have to assume they may have eliminated certain things too quickly with no real basis to eliminate them.

so this woman thinks she might've seen something important, maybe a plane in distress (she saw the outline of a jet at quite a distance, at night?) but she doesn't wake her hubs or the third crew member to get their opinion, doesn't write about it in the log (so she's not even sure which night she had the sighting, she just knows it was towards the end of the passage), doesn't attemp to take a picture, doesn't attempt to get the info to authorities until 2+ months later... and still in her fog of uncertainly, posts "i think i saw mh370" ??

so this woman thinks she might've seen something important, maybe a plane in distress (she saw the outline of a jet at quite a distance, at night?) but she doesn't wake her hubs or the third crew member to get their opinion, doesn't write about it in the log (so she's not even sure which night she had the sighting, she just knows it was towards the end of the passage), doesn't attemp to take a picture, doesn't attempt to get the info to authorities until 2+ months later... and still in her fog of uncertainly, posts "i think i saw mh370" ??

If you read the entire thread she answers all these questions. Regarding her husband, they were in a bad place and hadn't spoken for a week. Regarding the crew member, he only would sleep a few hours at a time and she didn't want to wake him. Regarding her phone/camera, it was crappy and she didn't know if it was charged. She admits several times that she wasn't sure if she was seeing things until she talked to her husband a few nights ago and they looked through the gps logs and realized it could actually be the plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re BBM

This again seems like a credible sighting. No reason for her to lie about what she saw. She is just trying to help.

If this was MH370, then maybe those 2 other planes not only reported it but were given the OK to shoot at it and only after realizing a critical mistake was made, perhaps they were then ordered to return to base. And the coverup begins.
It sure would explain why the transponders went out. Im sure a plane doesnt function too well if shot by a missile.

Its either that or the 2 other planes never saw it and the MH370 plane just had some terrible fire on board that took out the transponders.

This sighting needs investigated much more than what was done already which appears to be nothing so far.

Yes, but what is reason for the "cover-up"?

Surely history will show commercial aircraft accidentally shot down?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

I am no longer convinced of Immarstat's analysis and them saying it flew for 8 hours. They could be right but they sure could be wrong IMO.

Just like the 4 sonar signals are no longer being treated that they came from the black boxes, I am no longer convinced that Immarstat was even looking at the right pings from what they think was MH370. For all we know it could have been another plane entirely.

Another possibility is that the pilot managed to hit the automatic fire extinguishers that go off in various parts of the plane. I suppose its possible that the fire may have gone out after first burning for awhile.

IMO, im just not convinced of anything anymore and think all things need to be re-investigated very thoroughly this time.

It seems the early investigation was way too quick to decide certain sightings and reports were not valid. Where is the detailed analysis of how they concluded things were not valid. Until we see detailed reports of how they are making their decisions, we have to assume they may have eliminated certain things too quickly with no real basis to eliminate them.

I agree with your post.

Yes, it seemed premature to not follow any witness leads at the beginning. Nothing to see here folks, move along ...

Oh, and I made a lengthy post on Facebook giving my version of the facts. Out of 300 olus friends only 2 read it! No one gives a wet fart, apparently. If I post about buying a Pricy handbag I will get dozens of comments. No one really cares, except a few and us Websleuthers. Have you talked to your families? Everyone is like...whatever.

Every one I associate with believes MH370 has crashed in the ocean.

Finally have one friend who's not in that camp. ;)

Good points.

These are my thoughts on this:

Maybe she saw it and couldn't believe what she was seeing. Let's face it, not many of us have seen a plane burning in the sky. Perhaps she can draw an image?
Maybe she did not say anything immediately because the focus was 2000 km off the coast of Western Australia, which not even close to where she was?

Every one I associate with believes MH370 has crashed in the ocean.

Finally have one friend who's not in that camp. ;)

Most people I talk to are unaware it is still missing.

Curtin University (in Perth, Aust) is recovering and reviewing its underwater recorders .. they have recorded something substantial just after 1:30am on March 8th when MH370 disappeared. This is in line with a signal picked up by another underwater recorder. They say there is a slim chance it is MH370-related, but it could be underwater-volcano-related. They will be recovering more recorders and investigating further. The Govt is supporting their efforts.

&#8220;Data from one of the [Rottnest] recorders showed a clear acoustic signal at a time that was reasonably consistent with other information relating to the disappearance of MH370," Dr Duncan said.

"We sent the data to search authorities and I got a phone call at 3am in the morning so they were definitely interested in it."

Dr Duncan said the timing of the signal (consistent with the disappearance of the aircraft), the fact that it was a long-distance event and the north-west direction of the frequency were the three factors that gave researchers hope the noise may have been caused by MH370.

&#8220;It has since been matched with a signal picked up by CTBTO&#8217;s station south-west of Cape Leeuwin," Dr Duncan said.

"We haven't given up on it. In the fullness of time we will be recovering other loggers that we have scattered around the country that we think have only a very low chance of having received the same event. But we will have a look at that data.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...ce-of-mh370-20140604-zrxaw.html#ixzz33eU88zQJ

I still wonder if it was picked up by the radar at Pine Gap in Australia owned by the US. If it was that would be a reason other than the satelitte data that has Australian search officials convinced it is in the Southern Indian Ocean. I also think it highly likely that this info would not be released to the public. The secrecy surrounding Pine Gap is big.

June 04, 2014 9:02PM

THE wreckage of a civilian jet missing for 56 years has been found by fishermen in the Taiwan Strait, close to where it was to believed to have crashed.

The PBY-5A amphibious aircraft, nicknamed the &#8220;Blue Goose&#8221; and also known as the &#8220;Blue Swan&#8221;, was carrying 11 American servicemen and four Taiwanese civilian crew members when it mysteriously vanished from the skies in October 1958.

Despite being more than half a century old, the case has some striking parallels with the missing Malaysia Airlines jet MH370, from the use of altitude to avoid radar to the conspiracy theories that circulated afterwards and the failure of investigators to determine what brought the planes down.

In the case of the Blue Goose there were rumours that the soldiers were forced to land the plane in China and had been taken prisoner. Some believed that it had been shot down or hijacked by the Chinese military.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/trave...n-taiwan-straits/story-fnjjv9zl-1226943540845

Is mystery underwater sound the crash of Flight 370?

By David Molko, Mike M. Ahlers and Rene Marsh, CNN

updated 7:37 AM EDT, Wed June 4, 2014

(CNN) -- Australian researchers released an audio recording Wednesday of an underwater sound that they say could possibly be related to the final moments of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

It's a long shot, but researchers at Curtin University near Perth, Australia, have been studying records from underwater listening devices, including those meant to monitor for signs of underwater nuclear explosions, in an effort to help find the missing plane.

"One signal has been detected on several receivers that could be related to the crash," said Alec Duncan with the university's Centre for Marine Science and Technology (CMST).

Researchers have been analyzing the very low frequency sound for weeks to see if it was "the impact of the aircraft on the water or the implosion of parts of the aircraft as it sank," Duncan said. "But (the source of the noise) is just as likely to be a natural event." ...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/03/world/asia/malayisa-airlines-flight-370-search/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

This is an interesting lead. For those who want to follow up on it, the woman who had the sighting is having an ongoing open discussion about it online. where there is more explanation & mention that she has contacted the Australian JACC. Hopefully there will be follow up ... also because a victim's family member has initiated contact ...

<modsnip>

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f108/i-think-i-saw-mh370-127132-6.html

Thanks for the link
I have read some pages
I must admit I am on :fence:
I don't quite fully understand the WHY behind not saying anything until now, 3 months later, though I have read the 'reasons' on the blog....

Not saying I don't believe her story...authorities should investigate her claim..it can give them some clues..a plane on fire, what direction it was heading...yet it still brings up questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste