Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE [11.17AM]: A senior Chinese aviation official said authorities could not confirm any link between the floating objects captured on Chinese satellite images to MH370.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/chinese-official-no-proof-debris-jet-021218741.html

Okay, so what exactly does this mean?

"It is true that the satellite was launched and detected some smoke and what were suspected metal shreds......we cannot confirm that they belong to the missing plane."

Ummm....of course you can't confirm it, that's why you have to go check it out. I don't understand.

I disagree. :peace:

I think sometimes it takes time for witnesses in a remote location to get their statements across. I 99.9% buy the oil rigger guy's story.

If the report that no such person on the rig existed that pretty well wipes this notion out. On a rig management would have to know everyone that is on the rig.

There was some talk about him being an indep contractor - but on a rig in the middle of the ocean its not like someone can arrive "quietly"

One factor in the searchers' and plane victims' and families' favor...

the weather is fair... No rain/storms/etc...

:please:

I wondered if they gassed everyone on the plane, broke into cockpit and flew it soewhere. When the military radar thing broke that was when this occurred to me.

They watched Airport '77 with Jack Lemmon and George Kennedy to prepare.

CNN keeps talking about the effects of a fire in the cockpit. Wonder why?

Apparently it's a favored theory among those familiar with the 777-200ER (pilots, aviation professionals).

Not to disagree with you, but we need to keep in mind that the location where the plane was last tracked (or not) was released before any witnesses came forward. It's easy for a person to make up a story to fit the known facts. That could even be the case with the oil rig witness.

The witness emailed this letter to several government officials and at least one friend prior to its finally making its way to the ABC correspondent yesterday. He's been trying to tell what he witnessed from day one, since it happened right around the same time the plane was reported missing. What he saw was much further east out over the ocean from where the plane was last tracked. The satellite pictures were reportedly taken on Mar 9, but were not made public until today. So, JMO, but I don't think the oil rig witness could have made up his story (on the 9th) to fit early theory OR this latest batch of debris just made public on the 11th.

Of course, this doesn't prove the satellite debris and his sighting are of the same incident (the missing plane). Time will tell (I hope).

MAP:

If the report that no such person on the rig existed that pretty well wipes this notion out. On a rig management would have to know everyone that is on the rig.

There was some talk about him being an indep contractor - but on a rig in the middle of the ocean its not like someone can arrive "quietly"

Maybe everyone was sleeping and he went out for a cigarette? :waitasec: I'm just trying to think this through in simplest, probable terms.

Let's face it, imo, the military got it wrong. :facepalm:

I am going check flightradar24 for that number.

I guess the witch doctor could have suggested they removed it.

I disagree. :peace:

I think sometimes it takes time for witnesses in a remote location to get their statements across. I 99.9% buy the oil rigger guy's story.

I have a wait and see attitude. Apparently the plane didn't go west as was reported, yet we had 8 witnesses who believed they may have heard it crash in the west. Even the oil rig guy doesn't sound certain of what exactly he saw but I will admit he sounds more credible than anyone else who has come forward at this point.

Retweeted by Jon Ostrower
Andrea James ‏@AndreaSJames 2m
.@jonostrower Sat imagery is downsampled to resolution of 50cm before distributed publicly. US sat quality, by $DGI, is sharpest. #MH370

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

I keep forgetting about the transponder being turned off...

It is almost a week and no signs of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.

Apparently it's a favored theory among those familiar with the 777-200ER (pilots, aviation professionals).

The witness emailed this letter to several government officials and friends prior to it's finally making its way to the ABC correspondent yesterday. He's been trying to tell what he witnessed from day one, since it happened right around the same time the plane was reported missing. What he saw was much further east out over the ocean from where the plane was last tracked. The satellite pictures were reportedly taken on Mar 9, but were not made public until today. So, JMO, but I don't think the oil rig witness could have made up his story (on the 9th) to fit early theory OR this latest batch of debris just made public on the 11th.

Of course, this doesn't prove the satellite debris and his sighting are of the same incident (the missing plane). Time will tell (I hope).

One thing that makes me question the oil rigger's story is that he neglected to give a precious, or even general, time when the event he witnessed supposedly occured. He comes across as a very detail oriented person, yet all he said about the time is that it seemed about right (or something along those lines). It just strikes me wrong.

I keep forgetting about the transponder being turned off...[/QUOT

I really think at this point I am going back to military radar, that the plane turned around, was in control and somewhere along that path landed.

The "milt radar" scenario IMO at this point makes the most sense. It accounts for no debris at what was the initial event, it correlates in terms of time 2:40 with ALL the first reports.(Instead of the 44 minutes that emerged much later)..That in itself is compelling no?

What are the odds of first in error reporting that contact was lost at 2:40, then hours later move it back to 44 minutes after takeoff and then days later THAT radar track was reported to be off radar on the milt track at 2:40???

In addition, since so much confusion and pull back (have to acknowledge security breaches/will have to get into all kinds of investiagtions etc etc)on the milt radar track there was no searching over that part cause everyone freaked out and changed their stories over what a 5 hour peroid - some conferance calls?

There was a reason why , reasonably late, the FBI was invited in!

Just my notions--in a hanger on land.............

I think it is possible that the searchers could have missed this while searching. jmo I hope for the sake of the families anyway, that they are found today.

I wonder if MH370 really did make that u-turn and went off the west coast of Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member