Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen the statement in context. I think China meant it as it was a mistake to release it.

Sri Jegarajah ‏@cnbcSri 24m
BREAKING: Malaysian minister just read out a statement from China confirming release of satellite imagery was a mistake #MH370
https://twitter.com/cnbcSri

Ok !
Meaning it was a mistake to release to media / public ??

I can't imagine the Chinese would release anything 'by mistake' !!

It was on the SASTIND site they were first posted (I think).

Been following along here and all this info being released then statements saying this isn't right, is so unhelpful to all the people looking and people waiting for news of family.
I just wish there was an offical saying the truth and giving real details of exactly which facts are definate and which there looking into and those that are absoulty wrong.
The Malasyian offical may think hes doing the right thing but all it seems to be doing is causing more and more confusion.

Looking at the possible flight path, it is cleverly chosen to avoid most of the busy part of SE Asia where Singapore radar would have been in range (ie it did not turn south or southeast).

Myanmar is probably even more clue less. The Sumatra island where the tsunami occurs is a region seeking independent from Indonesia, I would not think Indonesia would have any major asset like a military radar site there (JMO, not a military expert). Theailand not so sure. So whoever planned this is very clever in choosing the time of flight and the escape route to avoid detection.

It's hard to believe that there's no International Body to oversee in this day & age !

I've not had chance to read this thread yet but it seems like yesterdays facts are now being retracted, so we are no further on from the weekend, please correct me if I've missed something big.

They usually say no news is good news but not in this case. I am starting to worry this plane will never be found :(

Our channel 7 is having a special news edition on the plane....very interesting for those in Australia...they are asking experts questions.

I think it is amazing that they are having an hour special news edition!!!!

I suppose it is a weird case.. will let you all know if they come up with anything we "experts' here haven't already been able to dig up.

Question:
Why would they design the plane with controls to allow the transponder to be turned off? Can anyone think of a reason why a pilot would need to do this EVER? Wouldn't it make more sense to have that device protected from pilot intervention completely?

They are ruling out a major bomb at that altitude as they say the debris field would have been large and sattelites would have picked it up by now.

However a small bomb in the cockpit is possible, are going to an ad and then will discuss that scenario!

I've not had chance to read this thread yet but it seems like yesterdays facts are now being retracted, so we are no further on from the weekend, please correct me if I've missed something big.

They usually say no news is good news but not in this case. I am starting to worry this plane will never be found :(

That's pretty much where its at.

Question:
Why would they design the plane with controls to allow the transponder to be turned off? Can anyone think of a reason why a pilot would need to do this EVER? Wouldn't it make more sense to have that device protected from pilot intervention completely?

There are so many reasons why.
Firstly, a transponder should be turned off on the ground, to so as not to create confusion with air traffic - secondly, a transponder needs to be able to squawk different codes depending on a situation, thirdly, a transponder needs to be turned off in case of a fire. There are countless other reasons...

Our channel 7 is having a special news edition on the plane....very interesting for those in Australia...they are asking experts questions.

I think it is amazing that they are having an hour special news edition!!!!

I suppose it is a weird case.. will let you all know if they come up with anything we "experts' here haven't already been able to dig up.

When???

They are now saying that Malaysia is well known for corruption and it would be quite easy for someone to get items on a plane there compared to other countries due to bribes.

An airline security expert who was at a an airline conference today said that no one really knows but terrorism or missile strike can not be ruled out.

One thing he said was how appalling the security at the airport was!!

They are talking about the Uigher chinese man......this is the guy I am suss about, he is a electronics professor at a Turkish university..........but get this!!!!!! he was doing flight training in Sweden!!!!!!!! my goodness this will make a best seller one day...

Communication experts are saying there is nothing odd about getting a ring tone as the phone searches for a signal ... odd but there you go.

After the ad they are talking about another theory being discusses amongst those in the know and that it is sabotage aimed at the cargo hold!!! lets see what that is about...

Retweeted by Sri Jegarajah
H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 1h
Rolls Royce and Boeing teams are here in KL and have worked with @MAS and the investigations team since Sunday. #MH370 - @HishammuddinH2O

https://twitter.com/cnbcSri

Just joining in for the day. Still no plane?!?!?! What the heck?!?!?

_73552360_boeing777_malaysianflight_624gr_v2.gif

_73555186_china_malaysia_plane6_624_v2.jpg

Source: www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-26544554

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads