Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this late last night so I'm not sure if anyone responded/how many saw, but I wanted to repost it because they are searching the Indian Ocean:

Has anyone mentioned this?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...34653903086282

I am not particularly knowledgeable about airplanes, but does this hint that they did receive some kind of information that the airplane's engine stopped suddenly/crashed vs information that would imply it landed? To me, accident would mean no intention of taking/hiding/hijacking/suicide, but I suppose you could purposefully deviate from the original flight plan for one of those reasons and still accidentally crash. Idk, this has been days of confusing statements.

I wouldn't read too much into that. It could be that the term "accident" encompasses any non-normal conclusion of the flight and would include hijack as well as a crash.

Right, but to declare it is "officially an accident" seems like a pretty big jump for information suggesting the plane flew for an additional 5 hours IMO. If a hijacking is seriously being considered, I can't figure out why an RR executive would categorize it that way, unless the information RR received went beyond the possible 5 hour flight time.

I think it is just a word. Perhaps he meant incident investigation, idk, like Beiber said he is a "detriment to his own career."

CNN Wolf Blitzer reporting White House has issued a statement that the search may expand to the Indian Ocean.

The Strait is the same area where they found the body in a life vest and an empty, deflated raft.

Not that that means anything to this story because neither one of these were linked, at the time, to the plane.

I think it is just a word. Perhaps he meant incident investigation, idk, like Beiber said he is a "detriment to his own career."

I kind of figured that it is probably just that or a poorly worded statement and that I shouldn't read too much into it as someone mentioned above. I guess I was just hopeful that a possible cause had been identified. I can't even imagine what the families are going through waiting and hearing all these changing stories.

I hope today is the day!

UPDATE [1.30]: The vanished jetliner MH370 mystery continues to deepen. A senior Pentagon official revealed to ABC News that U.S. officials have an "indication" the missing jetliner may have crashed in the Indian Ocean. Naval ship USS Kidd was dispatched to the area to begin searching in the next 24 hours.

https://www.facebook.com/7thfleet

US Navy sending P-8A Poseidon to assist in search for missing flight MH370

http://my.news.yahoo.com/us-navy-sending-p-8a-poseidon-assist-search-145439565.html

UPDATE [11:06pm]: An analysis suggests that there's a political side to the MH370 crisis, with China using the search and rescue operations as an opportunity to flex its military muscles.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/nervous-re...onse-missing-malaysian-131205279--sector.html

UPDATE [9:32pm]: Quiet night so far with no developments on the search and rescue front. However, an interesting suggestions has emerged: to use the mathmatical equation that solved the 2-year disappearance of Air France flight 447 within five days.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/18th-century-math-equation-may-hold-answer-finding-111734094.html

Link indicates page no longer available??

This article was behind a paywall, then open for viewing. I have it open on a tab right now. Wondering how to bring it over so people can read it in full, since they took it down. It's not a short article.

Let me ask a Mod.....

Thanks popsicle, for going on fumes and keeping all updated. Some of us passed out and finally slept- your turn :)

Not referring to any specific individual but to this situation in general -- why do people who are not authorized to speak to the media keep speaking to the media?

UPDATE [1.30]:

UPDATE [9:32pm]: Quiet night so far with no developments on the search and rescue front. However, an interesting suggestions has emerged: to use the mathmatical equation that solved the 2-year disappearance of Air France flight 447 within five days.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/18th-century-math-equation-may-hold-answer-finding-111734094.html

Respectfully snipped for clarification...

I use the Baye's Theorem every day when I look for my glasses...

:eye: :eye:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-malaysia-plane-missing-20140313,0,1253313.story

lengthy article.

"Tribune staff and wire reports

12:30 p.m. CDT, March 13, 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia—

Communications satellites picked up faint electronic pulses from Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 after it went missing on Saturday, but the signals gave no indication about where the stray jet was heading nor its technical condition, a source close to the investigation said on Thursday.

The "pings" equated to an indication that the aircraft's maintenance troubleshooting systems were ready to communicate with satellites if needed, but no links were opened because Malaysia Airlines and others had not subscribed to the full troubleshooting service, the source said.

Two sources familiar with the investigation into the disappearance of the jet five days ago also confirmed that manufacturers Boeing and Rolls-Royce did not receive any maintenance data from the jet after the point at which its pilots last made contact. Only one engine maintenance update was received during the normal phase of flight, they said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Boeing and Rolls-Royce declined comment"

"It's my understanding that based on some new information that's not necessarily conclusive - but new information - an additional search area may be opened in the Indian Ocean," White House spokesman Jay Carney said. "And we are consulting with international partners about the appropriate assets to deploy."

Carney did not specify the nature of the "new information".

"There are a number of possible scenarios that are being investigated as to what happened to the flight. And we are not in a position at this time to make conclusions about what happened, unfortunately. But we're actively participating in the search," Carney told a regular news briefing.

"We're looking at information, pursuing possible leads, working within the investigation being led by the Malaysian government," Carney added.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/9826751/Malaysian-plane-vanished-into-thin-air

bbm

I was explaining all of this to Mr Belimom, and he said this sheds new light on, "All right, good night."

I had assumed the pilot had done something after saying that (still a possibility), but my husband automatically assumed that perhaps someone like the man above had asked to see the cockpit and now that it was cruising altitude, the pilots were having him leave the cockpit. "All right, good night." Then bonked on the head... and there you go.

A hijacking never made sense to me before now because if someone forced themselves into the cockpit, the pilots would have time to issue the emergency squawk.

But if this ever-so-friendly co-pilot, who was known for cockpit tours and lax security, had let someone into the cockpit, such a takeover of the controls really could happen without any time for alerts.

I do not think a young man is the type of person the co-pilot would invite into the *advertiser censored* pit.
I could be wrong... but I think he had one motive in mind inviting the girls in.
He even wanted them to change their plans and go out with him that night.

I guess it's possible they allowed him in if he asked...
However, we don't have proof that the Pilot ever was that lax about security.

Also, the statement the pilot made was to ATC wasn't it?
When they were told they were switching into Vietnamese airspace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro