Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was the middle of the night so perhaps many passengers would intend to sleep on the flight, thus not being too concerned about the lack of WiFi. Plus, this is a different part of the world and people might be more accepting of the lack of WiFi?
JMO

There were 20 engineers from a Texas based company on just this flight....

not to mention any other anonymous(at this point) passengers who would be wanting to use Internet...

though this is a third world country... The airport is an international one...

I cannot prove they had it...

It is just a gut feeling...

All JMO

I would also like to know what info the radar from air traffic control at Changi airport in Singapore shows.

There were 20 engineers from a Texas based company on just this flight....

not to mention any other anonymous(at this point) passengers who would be wanting to use Internet...

though this is a third world country... The airport is an international one...

I cannot prove they had it...

It is just a gut feeling...

All JMO

But many planes do not have WiFi. I believe it is relatively new. Millions of people fly every year on planes without WiFi even though they would want to use it.

This is about the 777's used by Malaysia Air...Nothing about WiFi.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Malaysia_Airlines/Malaysia_Airlines_Boeing_777-200.php

As far as the 'seismic event' this is a plane that was traveling at 428 knots (492 MPH). In 85 minutes that plane would have traveled 697 miles. For the plane to have made a seismic event 85 minutes and only 70 miles from last known position it would have had to have been flying in circles for quite a long time. Something the auto pilot would not do.

Distance Calculator

Knots to MPH calculator

Flight data for MH370 from Flight Aware

The "seismic event," according to the statement, occurred about about 85 minutes after the airliners lost contact with air control, and about 70 miles northeast of the spot where it was reportedly last heard from.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-search/6409061/

No, not State Farm silly - my heros -- the NTSB! My sense here is they have done there 2-3 days of "invited guest" manners stuff and are now running the show - as it should be!

I think we all shall see a totally different deal from now on. Thand god!

I am hoping our media superstars (except Wolf - I wish he would take a long vacation - I have never seen a journalist who can not utter more than 5 words at a time - his cadence drives me insane - digress!) will stay on for the weekend . I kinda think they will.

So it should be an interesting day......................

But the plane didn't turn back, right? It turned left.
Imo

Inmarsat Plc (ISAT), the London-based satellite operator, picked up “routine, automated signals” from Flight 370, according to a statement e-mailed by Jonathan Sinnatt, a spokesman. He declined to elaborate.

Inmarsat shared its information with SITA, the main carrier in that region for land- and satellite-based message traffic between aircraft and ground personnel. SITA in turn shared the data with Malaysian Airlines, he said.

Radar signals sent from the ground continued to reflect back from Flight 370 after its transponder went dead as the aircraft headed north from Malaysia toward Vietnam, said the people. After the transponder shut off, making the 777 harder to follow on radar, the plane turned left toward the west instead of continuing on its path.

South Korea is readying planes to help search for the missing jet, Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min Seok says at a briefing today. Vietnamese aircraft will continue searching in the area east of the airplane’s last known location in the South China Sea, as other nations search in the west, Lai Xuan Thanh, head of the country’s Civil Aviation Authority, said by phone today.

bbm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...n-jet-said-to-have-flown-with-beacon-off.html

As far as the 'seismic event' this is a plane that was traveling at 428 knots (492 MPH). In 85 minutes that plane would have traveled 697 miles. For the plane to have made a seismic event 85 minutes and only 70 miles from last known position it would have had to have been flying in circles for quite a long time. Something the auto pilot would not do.

Distance Calculator

Knots to MPH calculator

Flight data for MH370 from Flight Aware
I agree the timing does not fit. Either they are off by an hour (happened before) or something exploded under water after the plane was down.

Retweeted by Jon Ostrower
Benjamin Granucci ‏@BLGranucci Mar 7
A generalized image, but this shows approx. where #mh370 would have been each hour of the flight. Each ring is 1 hr. pic.twitter.com/Xhef7Kah3l

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

Couldn't find what I was originally looking for but I do like this map. Each ring is an hour fly time and looks better when clicking the link. jmo

Attachments

• BiLCgk-CcAAOs_-.png
    BiLCgk-CcAAOs_-.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 42
Was the seismic event around the time the oil rigger saw something in the sky?

CNN cuts to commercial in the middle of the press conference lol

Not surprising, HLN does that during a VERDICT.

I'm leaning towards a hijacking. But could just 1 person pull this off?

Boeing Model 777: Aircraft Electronic System Security Protection From Unauthorized Internal Accesswww.federalregister.gov ^ | 11/18/2013 | FAA

Special Conditions: Boeing Model 777-200, -300, and -300ER Series Airplanes; Aircraft Electronic System Security Protection From Unauthorized Internal Access
Discussion :

This potential exploitation of security vulnerabilities may result in intentional or unintentional destruction, disruption, degradation, or exploitation of data and systems critical to the safety and maintenance of the airplane

The existing regulations and guidance material did not anticipate these types of system architectures.

And then a comment:

The gist of it is: A passenger could possibly disable the aircraft electronic systems and take control, or pass control to a ground based operator.................................IRAN - CAPTURES US DRONE REMEMBER?..................

(IMO a good point): Is there any wonder that officials all over the world are keeping mum about this? If it turns out to be true, all similar aircraft would be grounded for a long time.............................

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3132039/posts

Benjamin Granucci ‏@BLGranucci Mar 7
A generalized image, but this shows approx. where #mh370 would have been each hour of the flight. Each ring is 1 hr. pic.twitter.com/Xhef7Kah3l

Couldn't find what I was originally looking for but I do like this map. Each ring is an hour fly time and looks better when clicking the link. jmo

Great image. I think it shows that 4 or more hours of flight time would take it much further than andaman (JMO)

Retweeted by Stephen Trimble
Flying With Fish ‏@flyingwithfish 1h
China now claims a sea bed seismic event was 72 miles north of last known #MH370 location, 90min after it’s last known location. #WTF

https://twitter.com/FG_STrim

Am I wrong? 72 miles and 90 minutes after, that doesn't add up to me. It wouldn't take 90 minutes to fall from the sky and if it was still travelling with some form of engine or mechanical failure, wouldn't it still have traveled more than 72 miles in 90 minutes?

The missing Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200 sent signals to a satellite for four hours after the aircraft went missing, an indication that it was still flying for hundreds of miles (kilometers) or more, according to a U.S. official briefed on the search for the jet.

This raises the possibility that the plane may have flown far from the current search areas.

TRANSPONDERS

Transponders are electronic devices that automatically identify commercial aircraft within air traffic control radar range and transmit information on the plane's identity, location and altitude to ground radar stations. Beyond radar range, they enable planes to be identified and tracked anywhere in the world by satellite. Transponders can be turned off by pilots.

The missing jet's transponder last communicated with Malaysian civilian radar about an hour after takeoff, when the plane was above the Gulf of Thailand between Malaysia and southern Vietnam.

ACARS

ACARS - or Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System - is a data link system used to transmit short messages such as weather updates and status reports between aircraft and ground stations via radio or satellite.

According to the U.S. official, ACARS messages sent by the missing plane continued after its transponder went silent, although he wasn't certain for how long.

OPERATING DATA SENT VIA SATELLITE

Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive data during a flight on how the aircraft is functioning and relay the information to the plane's home base. The idea is to provide information before the plane lands on whether maintenance work or repairs are needed. Even if an airline does not subscribe to the service, planes still periodically send automated signals - or pings- to the satellite seeking to establish contact.

Malaysia Airlines did not subscribe to the satellite service. The U.S. official said automated pings were received from the jetliner for four hours after it went missing, indicating it probably flew for hundreds of miles (kilometers) beyond its last confirmed sighting on radar.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...reasingly-hijacking-theory.html#ixzz2vwloQmvq
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Seismologists believe that an earthquake 72 miles from the last-known location of the missing Malaysian Airlines plane could have been as a result of a "catastrophic" plunge by the aircraft.

Researchers say they detected a "seafloor event" in the sea between Malaysia and Vietnam nearly two hours after it last had contact with air traffic control.

Researchers from the University of Science and Technology of China said the area is a non-seismic region, according to state news agency Xinhua, but two seismographs in Malaysia picked up the event at 2.55am last Saturday.

"The seafloor event could have been caused by the plane possibly plunging into the sea," the research group said.

They added: "The strength of the earthquake wave indicates the plunge was catastrophic."
bbm.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-3241471#ixzz2vwlrx7rV
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

No, not State Farm silly - my heros -- the NTSB! My sense here is they have done there 2-3 days of "invited guest" manners stuff and are now running the show - as it should be!

I think we all shall see a totally different deal from now on. Thand god!

I am hoping our media superstars (except Wolf - I wish he would take a long vacation - I have never seen a journalist who can not utter more than 5 words at a time - his cadence drives me insane - digress!) will stay on for the weekend . I kinda think they will.

So it should be an interesting day......................

“We try very hard not to make it look like we are running the investigation, even if we more or less are,” said Bernard Loeb, a former head of aviation safety at the National Transportation Safety Board, which leads the American delegation of experts at any crash involving an American airline or an airplane built in the United States. When crashes occur here, foreign aircraft or engine manufacturers like Airbus or Rolls-Royce get the same “observer” status and often contribute technical expertise.

<modsnip>

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/us-takes-back-seat-in-malaysia-jet-inquiry.html?_r=0

Is anyone else extremely frustrated today. A week later and still nothing.

These poor families. I know I wake up everyday hoping today they find this plane. I can't imagine the pain and agony these families are feeling.

So true, it's a horrible limbo situation, not knowing. I can't even begin to imagine.

:heartbeat:

Link includes personal details about some of the passengers. My heart goes out to all the families missing their loved ones and waiting for news.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26503469

" Manifest for Flight MH370

153 Chinese
38 Malaysians
7 Indonesians
6 Australians
5 Indians
4 French
3 Americans
2 each from New Zealand, Ukraine and Canada
One each from Russia, Taiwan, Netherlands
Two men - one confirmed as Iranian - travelling under stolen Italian and Austrian passports

Source: Malaysia Airlines"

Thom Patterson &#8207;@thompatterson 6h

NO IN-FLIGHT SVS: Malaysia Airlines' ISP AeroMobile tells CNN's @aaroncooperdc that #MH370 "was never fitted with the AeroMoible service.&#8221;

repost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members