Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I have flown from Canada to the States numerous times and none of the planes I have been on have WiFi. In fact, Air Canada is the only Canadian airline (that I know of) that has WiFi capabilities. It's pretty recent too. And I think it's only available in Business class right now.

I don't have a link handy, but I did recall hearing about it on the radio a while ago.

FWIW, When my husband and I flew to Hawaii for our honeymoon a few years ago we had the option of paying for wifi access in coach.

Kind of like what we are doing here... :websleuther:

:giggle:

I thought we were going in circles?! :D

weinerdog2.gif

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/nature/dogs/weinerdog2.gif

Submarines operate in secrecy and could very well be doing this already.

I was chatting with a submarine guy and they have amazing listening abilities. Can tell what type of engine and how many blades on props of boats from many miles away.

US isn't the only country with subs in the Indian Ocean. Google turns up interesting details on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If subs were in the Indian Ocean and this plane crashed in those waters, I would think the subs would have information on that kind of disturbance?

Sure makes sense to me. :dunno:

I still tend to believe what the US says, over these other countries, who seem to be playing stupid games with the public.

And... Submarines are not dependent on day light to conduct searches...

It is always like night time under the sea...

so there would be less restrictions on hours of searching...

:sponge:

JMO

I thought that too, and am sure some are, but I think politics is the barrier here. Who controls the water, who allows whom where, why, and when. (And the areas asked to be searched and ability to get what size where.)

You are probably right...

there are probably many "barriers" and limitations to the movement of the fleets...

:yes:

“We are assuming that the radars were on 24 hours,” Prakash said. “These things cost money. They are machines. They rotate all day. This was in the middle of the night. If we had prior information, then maybe. It is unlikely that it was on for 24 hours.”

He said it was “unlikely that the aircraft overflew Andaman and Nicobar.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c9f05c-ab64-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_story.html

Unbelievable but true, it's too expensive to run radar 24/7.

I was chatting with a submarine guy and they have amazing listening abilities. Can tell what type of engine and how many blades on props of boats from many miles away.

US isn't the only country with subs in the Indian Ocean. Google turns up interesting details on this.

My theory, aside from the plane being in Pakistan somewhere, is that the US found the plane via sonar from a submarine and is waiting for the Kidd or another US military plane/ship to confirm so that the US is there first and all the other countries won't think we are too advanced in the Indian Ocean.

That's my afternoon theory.

I love that earth simulator or whatever it is the man on CNN walks on.

I think they are vague on purpose. The world need not know exact times and positions I suppose. I hope we will not know anything until after the fact, and I hope they cannot be tracked!

With OPSEC, giving exact locations and times would be very dangerous, so you are absolutely correct :)

“We are assuming that the radars were on 24 hours,” Prakash said. “These things cost money. They are machines. They rotate all day. This was in the middle of the night. If we had prior information, then maybe. It is unlikely that it was on for 24 hours.”

He said it was “unlikely that the aircraft overflew Andaman and Nicobar.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...c9f05c-ab64-11e3-af5f-4c56b834c4bf_story.html

Unbelievable but true, it's too expensive to run radar 24/7.

Not run radar 24/7.... And he says it like we will all go... "Oh yeah... You got a good point there... Too expensive.."

:doh:

Can they used sonar to scan the sea bed? Heck if they were in the area they would have heard the impact of the planes miles n miles away immediately. You dont get stuff weighing a few hundred ton falling into the ocean everyday.

IMO unless an area is already confirmed by aircraft n sea vessel its not worth to waste the sub resource.

If subs were in the Indian Ocean and this plane crashed in those waters, I would think the subs would have information on that kind of disturbance?

This is also why yesterday I had high hopes that the USS Kidd was really on to something when they announced they were headed there. :sigh:

Yes, and Facebook issued a warning regarding a virus infected link about MH370 being found.

Yes. And AFAIK, it's the link that reports that the plane was found in the Bermuda Triangle and all passengers are alive :facepalm:

Does anyone know if that simply means a 2 hour time span, or 2 hours of actual voice data?

Meaning - if they chatted for 30 mins, then flew in silence for 3 hours, then chatted again for another 30 mins - why would they record the 3 hours silence, erasing the previous 30 mins of talking, instead of just appending the new sound data to the existing until it eventually fills up with 2 hours of actual audio and then starts erasing the old stuff?

A persistent bump.

:bump:

Are lithium batteries allowed in your checked in luggage and carry on bags?

If lithium batteries exploded and caught fire, would this cause an intentional turning off of the transponder an other air to ground communication systems and change it's course?. I would think if this plane caught fire and crashed in water, eventually something will float. I am strongly leaning to hijacked and hidden in another country.

I would certainly hope that there would be a warning system in place to alert the captain of a fire in the cargo hold. Besides, no explosion was seen by Satellites and neither the plane, nor any debris from it, was found in the last known location. I wish these media people would think these ideas through before going on the air with them.

I really don't think the US would be so public with their belief that the plane flew over the Indian Ocean if it wasn't a 100% certainty. We don't want to be caught with egg on our faces with the entire would watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska