Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how things are looking right now - but I would hate to think this is the pilot. Its sacrilege that a pilot would do something like this - I know its happened before, the SilkAir pilot was an Ex-RSAF pilot who has a similar number of hours to this guy.

I just don't want to believe it and I would like to hold a little more faith in this guy and not crucify him until the evidence is solid.

I agree completely. :seeya:
Plenty of people have strong views on political issues.
Or strong views on wrongful convictions/injustice acquittals.

Also on the SilkAir pilot... his wife was waiting at the airport to pick him up.
There was actually a possible mechanical issue with that plane...
It definitely wasn't 110% for sure pilot suicide.
There was a very small chance it was mechanical. :twocents:

There is a documentary on youtube if anyone is interested... SilkAir Flight 185 - Pilot Suicide.

I so hear ya! Today (yesterday now?) was my birthday. And throughout the day's activities with my husband and kids, I kept glancing at my iPhone for updates. Whenever my husband and I had time alone, I immediately turned the conversation to flight 370. DH is now interested, especially after this 7 1/2 hr ping - so I have a real life person to discuss it with now. :loveyou:

I married a guy who's DREAM job is "NTSB investigator." :floorlaugh:
You can mention a tiny detail about a crash and he will spout off every single detail about it.
It's unbelievable. :scared:

Oh, and he flew on one plane today and flies on another one tomorrow. :facepalm:

I usually am so excited to fly and get away.
I am flying with my dog next Wednesday.
I am not excited.

I am flying alone with my kids in 166 days and I'm already nervous about it now. :scared:
An extra 20 hours of driving, 4 more nights in hotels and 4 more days added onto the trip isn't too bad...
(I know flying is safe I've just never liked it... I can't even handle being a passenger in a CAR!) :facepalm:

What if we have a Flight 93 situation? Hijacking starts off 'normal' accounting for turn back across Malaysia & things being turned off. Then passengers and/or crew decide to do something, leading to an ocean crash. What is Malaysian or Chinese for "Let's roll?"
Anything is possible at this point. But the reason the "Let's roll" action came about was the understanding among passengers the end result was death either way. They did it to minimize the toll and save fellow Americans.

A group being held hostage could still hold out hope they would land and find a way to stay alive so trying to take back the plane over the ocean wouldn't be the best idea. They wouldn't try to crash it, imo.

I keep wondering if Vietnam accidentally shot it down after mistaking it for a threat, but I feel like we would have known by now somehow - I think most countries have technology that can tell where missiles are launched?

Vietnam could connect, right? It's just that they weren't getting a response? The other plane may have thought it was weird they were getting muffled communications, but what were they going to do? Other planes in the area can't help - they can only try and take a look if instructed to do so. I don't know how close they were.

There was a statement made or a rumor that all radar systems can't be turned on at all times because it is too expensive.
In the beginning I wondered if the plane could have landed in Vietnam but that something bad happened. Now, I don't think that's the case.

I don't think Vietnam shot the plane down though because it was a scheduled commercial flight going along its normal route as far as Vietnam was concerned (if they were even paying attention).

There haven't been any reports if ATC Vietnam connected or not (I don't think Vietnam ATC did make contact with the plane because supposedly they asked a pilot of a plane in route to Japan to do so for them). I'm trying to decide if I believe the story or not.

Anything is possible at this point. But the reason the "Let's roll" action came about was the understanding among passengers the end result was death either way. They did it to minimize the toll and save fellow Americans.

A group being held hostage could still hold out hope they would land and find a way to stay alive so trying to take back the plane over the ocean wouldn't be the best idea. They wouldn't try to crash it, imo.

Agree with your second point, but the first one isn't true. They were trying to take the plane back.

There was a statement made or a rumor that all radar systems can't be turned on at all times because it is too expensive.
In the beginning I wondered if the plane could have landed in Vietnam but that something bad happened. Now, I don't think that's the case.

I don't think Vietnam shot the plane down though because it was a scheduled commercial flight going along its normal route as far as Vietnam was concerned (if they were even paying attention).

There haven't been any reports if ATC Vietnam connected or not (I don't think Vietnam ATC did make contact with the plane because supposedly they asked a pilot of a plane in route to Japan to do so for them). I'm trying to decide if I believe the story or not.

Agree that it was routine for Vietman, but I thought the statement re: radar was about islands in the ocean? Like really poor, remote places where radar is barely going to matter at night because they wouldn't be able to fend off a military attack regardless. Vietnam has enough infrastructure and history of problems that I would think their military radar was on all night, because they said they did catch it on radar. Not positive though.

Well, we know it's EITHER on land, or in the sea.

And it's kinda big to throw a tarp over it. KWIM? And command living people to "un-see" it.

maybe the ''borrowers'' of the plane have landed it and have corralled the passengers to different area....now the plane and the passengers become two bargaining chips so to speak:jail:

Agree with your second point, but the first one isn't true. They were trying to take the plane back.
Todd Beamer:

Later, he told the operator that some of the plane's passengers were planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through. Beamer also recited 23rd Psalm with Jefferson. According to Jefferson, Beamer's last audible words were "Are you guys ready? Okay, let's roll."[4]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Beamer"]Todd Beamer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

How is it not true?

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching:

BBM

If I hear one more person with an alien theory.... :p

Second time popping my little gopher head up, hello. (Allen! Allen!)

Alright, after reading this story: http://news.optuszoo.com.au/2014/03/16/pilot-i-gouged-hijackers-eye-2/

Wherein a British Airways pilot describes how he was highjacked but fought off his attacker, I have a new theory. The reason this whole story is so perplexing is there seems to be no clear point to this terrorism, so I think that whatever was MEANT to happen didn't actually happen as planned.

Perhaps somebody got into the cockpit very soon after takeoff, and started to control the pilots who under duress say 'All right, good night' OR they are dead at this point and that is the highjacker's voice. If the latter the highjacker has to know how to fly a plane, disable the transponders etc. Highjacker plans to fly the plane up high so everyone dies of hypoxia, but he is mortally wounded from the struggle with the pilots. Maybe he initially planned to fly the plane into something, or save it somewhere for a later date but.. I just think there is no possible way that the people on board could be alive somewhere. How could they all be being fed and kept under control.. Impossible!

I can't settle for the theory about the pilot making a political statement. It seems so vague and pointless with no note, no message, nothing. If he had such a strong sense of justice he wouldn't endanger 200+ innocent people who have nothing to do with it.

The suicide theory doesn't add up either, from everything we know about the pilots, they seem to have happy lives (engaged to be married and family man) people rarely just decide to commit suicide - they show signs of poor mental health before, you would think an airline would monitor this sort of thing (at least I would hope they do.)

IDK what happened but whatever happened, didn't go as planned. :twocents:

My theory is that this was planned by terrorists who were passengers on the plane, and with the cooperation of staff on the plane, maybe the pilot and co-pilot, maybe not. The plane is being taken to use at a later time in a terror plot. I am not sure what I think of the fate of the passengers - if the passengers can be used as a bargaining chip for anything, they will be kept alive. If no use for them is perceived by the terrorists then, and I say this with a heavy heart, the passengers will simply be considered collateral damage by the terrorists, and they will be eliminated. if a terror plot involves the use of a plane, the terrorists know it would be easier to start with their "own" plane (or one they stole,, hijacked, etc.) then to try to take one while in the air, especially in the US. I pray I am wrong, but that is the theory to which my mind goes back, again and again.

Todd Beamer:

Later, he told the operator that some of the plane's passengers were planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through. Beamer also recited 23rd Psalm with Jefferson. According to Jefferson, Beamer's last audible words were "Are you guys ready? Okay, let's roll."[4]

Todd Beamer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How is it not true?

Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching:

BBM

If you read the cited sources or the others' Wiki articles, that part isn't included. The author seems to have jumped to that conclusion. They formed a plan to take back the plane once they realized the hijackers planned to kill them, not just make demands. Beamer and some others told their families they'd call back after they rushed the cockpit and not to worry. I'm sure they realized the situation could end quite poorly, but they weren't preparing to die.

ETA: A lot of news articles report that erroneously due to the narrative that arose over the fact that their actions saved many lives in the end. I think in hindsight everyone assumes they knew there was no hope, but at the time I don't think people realized terrorists would drive a plane into the ground rather than be overtaken.

I understood that the steep ascent to 45K feet could cause people to pass out....but...the oxygen masks would/could deploy and is it possible that they survived? (Do we know how long they were at 45,000 feet??

Maybe I watch too much "scandal". Netflix shows. Movies.
But I can't help but think that this disappearance is personal. Like "things that go bump in the night". Like, "if you make this plane disappear, the story about you will be squashed".

As crazy as this may sound, it stems from the simple fact that we haven't had anyone claim responsibility, ransom, revenge or retribution.

:banghead: we've got nothing so far, and it is so frustrating.

The reason this whole story is so perplexing is there seems to be no clear point to this terrorism, so I think that whatever was MEANT to happen didn't actually happen as planned.

The same idea crossed my mind, especially when I heard the [unconfirmed] report that the plane was flying fairly low across Malaysia. Maybe the original plan was to hit a major building or site in Malaysia, but the plan did not play out as intended?

I am really curious where we all are. Would you just do one of two words:

Crashed or

Landed

Be neat to see what the "verdict" right now is...

Me

Landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads