Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
very odd I thought too at the time -- it was like a party girl brag moment

I don't see anything weird with the girls agreeing to go into the cockpit - it poses no danger in and of itself. Most people don't assume the pilot will get so distracted that he will crash the plane just because he has guests, and the girls knew they weren't terrorists. It used to be quite common. They probably thought it was cool, and the media is salivating for stories. The girls or someone else who knew about it could have called in the tip, or maybe the photos were floating around somewhere and the media asked for comment. Or maybe they called up anyone they knew who had flown on Malaysian Airlines and someone in the media knew one of the girls. It really has no bearing on this case other than to make the airline look less than stellar on security, but that would be my assumption in dealing with Malaysia. It seems unlikely to me that some random hijackers counted on being invited into the cockpit midflight.

My theory is the plane was taken over by a cellphone or laptop. That plane has a known weakness in that area. Who or why would be the question. Who would benefit from the distraction and resources being diverted to search for this plane?

It's possible of course that one or both pilots are responsible, but I've read nothing that really makes that scenario compelling. Most of the various aviation experts, terrorism experts and ex military that have I seen on TV seem to be leaning towards hijacking with the hijacker who took over the controls not being sufficiently trained, causing the plane to end up in the ocean. Some still believe the plane may have landed, however. I haven't ruled out the stolen passport passengers or the Uighur native. They might even have acted in concert if they shared a common political agenda. I know this theory has been discounted, but so many ideas have been advanced, then denied only to be found credible later.

I am really curious where we all are. Would you just do one of two words:

Crashed or

Landed

Be neat to see what the "verdict" right now is...

Me

Landed

Maybe an inth degree more I think it's crashed. I so so so want to believe it's landed, so much so that I've almost convinced myself, but I do believe it's crashed.

Oh sorry, way more than one word, forget the above.

Crashed.

My theory is the plane was taken over by a cellphone or laptop. That plane has a known weakness in that area. Who or why would be the question. Who would benefit from the distraction and resources being diverted to search for this plane?

Even if that somehow was coordinated and the pilot was unable to radio that he no longer had control of the aircraft, where did the plane go?

I, too, am having a little trouble with the revelations of the "girls in the cockpit" story...

we do not know the whole story...

why did these girls feel such a strong need to come forward to share their experiences?

sorry... But they agreed to go into the cockpit... It takes two to tango... KWIM?

These are just the type of stories that are dragged out... And harped upon.. When opponents are trying to defame their targets...

Could these girls have been "encouraged" to come forward by someone(s) with an agenda? Could the girls have even been "reimbursed" in some way?

How do we know their stories are accurate? It is their words against those of a missing person... And why haven't we heard from the pilot that was supposedly "partying" in the cockpit with them?

I do not know if this is true in this case...

but... I think it may be wise to keep thinking... "Who benefits from each of these events/actions"... And, by doing so... hopefully, we won't be hoodwinked by the true perps....

Where IS flight 370?

All...,JMO

Keep reading, Cluesy, I know exactly where you are in the thread :giggle: I know you're trying to play catch-up. They were reprimanded for it. Although I do agree with you about the tattling about it.

This plane had no wifi or cellphone setup.

----------------------

On the Judge Jeannine show tonite they were talking about pilots "deadheading". A pilot can come up to a plane that is boarding and show his credentials and he will be allowed to get onto the flight, often being seated in a jump seat IN THE COCKPIT. They said this happens a lot on red-eye flights.

When asked if this happens is this pilot's name added to the flight manifest, the "expert" said it should be, but that it sounded like things were a bit lax in Malaysia.

So could another pilot have gotten onto the flight at the last minute?

I don't see anything weird with the girls agreeing to go into the cockpit - it poses no danger in and of itself. Most people don't assume the pilot will get so distracted that he will crash the plane just because he has guests, and the girls knew they weren't terrorists. It used to be quite common. They probably thought it was cool, and the media is salivating for stories. The girls or someone else who knew about it could have called in the tip, or maybe the photos were floating around somewhere and the media asked for comment. Or maybe they called up anyone they knew who had flown on Malaysian Airlines and someone in the media knew one of the girls. It really has no bearing on this case other than to make the airline look less than stellar on security, but that would be my assumption in dealing with Malaysia. It seems unlikely to me that some random hijackers counted on being invited into the cockpit midflight.

don't see anything weird with the girls agreeing to go into the cockpit

That is exactly how it hit me -- men will be men no biggie!!

A British Royal Air Force base in the colonial era, the Malaysian air force base at Butterworth sits on the mainland across from the island of Penang at the northern reaches of the Strait of Malacca. There, in the early morning hours of March 8, the four-person crew watching for intrusions into the country’s airspace either did not notice or failed to report a blip on their defensive radar and air traffic radar that was moving steadily across the country from east to west, heading right toward them, said the person with knowledge of the matter.
Neither that team nor the crews at two other radar installations at Kota Bharu, closer to where the airliner last had contact with the ground, designated the blip as an unknown intruder warranting attention, the person said. The aircraft proceeded to fly across the country and out to sea without anyone on watch telling a superior and alerting the national defense command near Kuala Lumpur, even though the radar contact’s flight path did not correspond to any filed flight plan.
As a result, combat aircraft never scrambled to investigate. The plane, identified at the time by Mr. Najib as Flight 370, passed directly over Penang, a largely urban state with more than 1.6 million people, then turned and headed out over the Strait of Malacca.
The existence of the radar contact was discovered only when military officials began reviewing tapes later in the morning on March 8, after the passenger jet failed to arrive in Beijing. It was already becoming clear that morning, only hours after the unauthorized flyover, that something had gone very wrong. Tapes from both the Butterworth and Kota Bharu bases showed the radar contact arriving from the area of the last known position of Flight 370, the person familiar with the investigation said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/w...inding-flight-370.html?_r=1#story-continues-6

If you read the cited sources or the others' Wiki articles, that part isn't included. The author seems to have jumped to that conclusion. They formed a plan to take back the plane once they realized the hijackers planned to kill them, not just make demands. Beamer and some others told their families they'd call back after they rushed the cockpit and not to worry. I'm sure they realized the situation could end quite poorly, but they weren't preparing to die.

ETA: A lot of news articles report that erroneously due to the narrative that arose over the fact that their actions saved many lives in the end. I think in hindsight everyone assumes they knew there was no hope, but at the time I don't think people realized terrorists would drive a plane into the ground rather than be overtaken.
09.21.01: The final call from Flight 93 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-viMzr2nac"]09.21.01: The final call from Flight 93 - YouTube[/ame]

The Todd Beamer story directly from the operator. He didn't know about the trade center, but he did know he was going to die. He gave her a message to give his wife. Beamer didn't talk to his wife.

I'll see you for the "it didn't go as planned" but will once again throw in the "political statement" angle.

Pilot was strong supporter of the guy whose conviction was reinstated just hours before this flight. The very same day. Ibraham (sp?) - better known as the Sodomy Guy - is opposed to the current oppressive and corrupt government and was expected to win some election coming up later in March. Since his conviction was reinstated (lots of nefarious court goings on, back and forth, convicted, overturned, reinstated, overturned again, etc.)

In reading the Malaysian newspapers one of the things I noticed was questions about how the Malaysian Royal Airforce Radar people missed this plane passing over their country. Because when it turned back, it flew straight across the entire peninsula, coming fairly close to the city of Penang. The recorded radar information was found after the plane was known to be missing, but supposedly there were 4 live radar operators who did not notice it.

This has to be considered to be a big, big black eye for Malaysia. I would imagine their people are very upset about both the plane being missing AND that it passed undetected right over their heads.

So what if the Pilot was aware that there was so much corruption that even the military wasn't doing its job? And what if he was so disgusted by the corruption within the court system that he had seen just that day, that he decided "just to see" if he could divert that flight?

And he got away with it. No one even noticed him.

My theory has not expanded enough to explain the rest of it.

This is how I'm feeling about it too, shocked. I agree. This theory has just as much weight to it as any other theory out there, eh?

On the Judge Jeannine show tonite they were talking about pilots "deadheading". A pilot can come up to a plane that is boarding and show his credentials and he will be allowed to get onto the flight, often being seated in a jump seat IN THE COCKPIT. They said this happens a lot on red-eye flights.

When asked if this happens is this pilot's name added to the flight manifest, the "expert" said it should be, but that it sounded like things were a bit lax in Malaysia.

So could another pilot have gotten onto the flight at the last minute?

I feel like that info would have come out, but it's definitely possible. It still doesn't bring us any closer to figuring out what happened though, unless that pilot has some extremely suspicious background that would suggest a hijacking/suicide.

I, too, am having a little trouble with the revelations of the "girls in the cockpit" story...

we do not know the whole story...

why did these girls feel such a strong need to come forward to share their experiences?

Where IS flight 370?

All...,JMO

RSBM

Think "Girls Gone Wild" Clue: 5 minutes of fame. They probably want/expect to be in the movie version of this too

Landed. That's just a wild guess, though. As to motive, terrorism would be the motive. If that was the case, any group responsible would be unlikely to claim credit if they intend to use the plane for some kind of future attack.

bbm -- I agree - it was fun and exciting for them. Their interview was ''off'' ((JMHO)) when the girl made a comment about ''sleazy'' comment from one of the pilots -- that's the part that I found ''off''. I agree with you about the media frenzy to grasp at any background info for sound bytes that might cast any light on the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!