Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But all along they were looking in the wrong place. The plane couldn't be in the South China Sea or the Bay of Bengal -- it was all a waste of time. They only started looking in the proper locations literally today.

And today's search areas are so mind-numbingly vast (encompassing several entire countries and thousands of miles of deep and open ocean!) to make a thorough search all but impossible.

The fact the plane hasn't been found proves nothing. It could just as easily be underwater or on land, intact or not. It's a really excruciating mystery.

It's really terrible for the families of all onboard. So unfair.

ITA.
It is quite a mystery!
Hopefully today's searches reveal something :please:

I feel for all these families. They need answers just as much as anyone else.

A few days ago here at WS there was (understandable) confusion between the Coco Islands near India and the Cocos Islands near Australia. Information about the Cocos Islands was accidentally posted instead of information about the Coco Islands.

What a weird twist that a new search is now starting near the Cocos Islands.

A few days ago here at WS there was (understandable) confusion between the Coco Islands near India and the Cocos Islands near Australia. Information about the Cocos Islands was accidentally posted instead of information about the Coco Islands.

What a weird twist that a new search is now starting near the Cocos Islands.

So they are searching near Australia?
What a weird twist, indeed.
Is there any satellite info that points them in that direction?

Maybe he will congratulate himself with another drunken naked selfie:rolleyes:

Oh heavens, I hope not. Blech!!! I've been trying to block the first one from my memory :scared:

Good morning, all! Catching up on the thread, but it seems nothing really new overnight? Hoping something breaks today, it's day 9 :(

So they are searching near Australia?
What a weird twist, indeed.
Is there any satellite info that points them in that direction?

The search area for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet now spans "large tracts of land crossing 11 countries as well as deep and remote oceans," according to Malaysian government officials, who reached out to 25 countries about whether they had any contact with the plane and asked for help in the search.

Those countries include Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, China, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and Australia. India suspended its search around the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as well as the Bay of Bengal after finding no hits for the plane on its radar, a spokesman for the country's military said today.

"We are asking countries that have satellite assets, including the U.S., China and France, amongst others, to provide further satellite data, and we are contacting additional countries who may be able to contribute specific assets relevant to the search and rescue operation," Acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein, who is also Malaysia’s minister of defense, said during a news conference.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/missing-malaysia-airlines-jet-search-expands/story?id=22930015

The Malaysian Airlines seating plan I saw had a 2-5-2 arrangement. That was for the economy class. Business class was 2-3-2.
boeing-777-200er-seat-map-data.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-10/boeing-777-200er-seat-map/5310340

Thanks for doing the footwork!

This does not seem like a credible source, and I'm afraid to click on any of those hyperlinks, which also don't seem like any major credible sources....

I opened the original Greek site and used Google translate

"According to exclusive information of the Greek ship iefimerida «ELKA Athina» interests of the shipowner Karnezi received information about the existence of objects at sea in the Straits of Malacca with evidence that these are the first findings from the extinct Boeing.

Specifically , a few hours ago got a message from a coastal station of Indonesia with position : width 0551 length 09657.5 northern and eastern that found in suitcases that may belong to the passengers of the fateful flight of Malaysia Airlines.

Master of ELKA Athina is Dimitris Zampelis and second officer Dimitris Karagiannis . To iefimerida contacted shortly before the second officer Mr Karagiannis , who confirmed the message there the luggage area . As stated , the signal was point which is about 4 hours from the place and everyone is awake by that time ."

Source: www.iefimerida.gr/news

I'm still not sure what to think about that, it's like every time you think they found the plane, it turns out to be a false report.

P.S my antivirus software did not report any threat, if this is what you were referring to with "afraid". :)

from Greece news: :scared:

The Greek tanker ELKA Athina, owned by the company European Product Carriers and Greek tycoon Karnezis, has detected remains which may belong to the missing Malaysian Boeing. The ship, along with other vessels, is moving at the Strait of Malacca and has detected a signal at a latitude of 0551 knots north and longitude 09657.5 knots east. -

According to the initial information, it comes to suspicious objects which resemble floating suitcases and may belong to the fatal flight ΜΗ370. The tanker has headed towards the place and is expected to arrive there in 3-4 hours, i.e. at about 4:00 p.m. CET.

See more at: http://www.grreporter.info/en/greek...ssing_flight_μη370/10858#sthash.cyCLXRH1.dpuf

bbm

The Malacca Strait has been searched already. And with the currents and such, I can't see luggage now being spotted there.

Is this MSM or just another site looking for its 15 minutes of fame?

IMO it makes the most sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this correlates with warning put out by Homeland near the end of the the Olympics.

I went back (below) and it light of this week I do not know why but this word seems odd. By that I mean to open the cockpit door vs bring a jetliner down.

Maybe going a little crazy or lets say a little crazier than I typically enjoy...

Several officials familiar with the advisory told NBC News that "very recent intelligence" considered credible warns of possible attempts to attack passenger jets using explosives concealed in shoes.

this on Feb 19

http://www.nbcnews.com/#/news/us-ne...rts-airlines-possible-shoe-bomb-threat-n33946

If this is indeed a factual report and there is luggage in the sea, would the baggage stickers still be readable? You know the stickers they put on your checked baggage that tells you where the final destination is? I've drawn a blank on what they're actually called...baggage tags?

http://news.sky.com/story/1226767/missing-plane-may-have-sent-signals-on-ground

snipped
Questioned by Sky News, one official said: "It is possible for the aircraft to be transmitting on the ground as long as there is electrical power to the aircraft's system."

snipped
"It would be bizarre to destroy your asset by running out of fuel and crashing it anonymously into one of the oceans or a land mass without declaring what the point of the exercise is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRt2QIBho4w"]Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah Flight Simulator #MH370 - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en