Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to imagine how (possibly) 2 hijackers could command 239 passengers to turn over their cell phones all at the same time.

For example, let's say one hijacker started at front of plane (collecting phones), and one starting at the back of the plane....well wouldn't that give the middle passengers time to send a message? Or I suppose the message would not even go through at that altitude?

Unfortunately, I think the hijackers probably foresaw these problems and thus incapacitated all the passengers early on.

Yes, this was very well planned, imo.

Hey guys! Haven't been able to follow the threads closely as they have been moving fast. Any new updates since the presser they had the other night?

Ok, my words are not correctly chosen.

I mean, I believe the cell phones were able to connect to cell phone towers.

I have read reports of reports of people making calls 33000 feet in the air.

I cannot find any concrete evidence that cell phones do not work on planes.

My understanding is there are 2 ways to make phone calls out from airplanes.

One way is by credit card using the plane's own system where each seat will have a phone right in front of you which is on the back of the seat of the person in front of you. I have seen these phones. You have to have a credit card to use them. The plane has a system which routes these calls to their own transmitter to send the call out.

The other way is by regular cell phone but I do think the plane would have to be low enough to get tower signals. I would think the plane would have to be pretty low for that.

A trained pilot who instructs via other pilots on the simulator. We have every right to be concerned. Unless the manifest proves no trained pilots have a seat, then we know one of the pilots is involved. The one who trains on the simulator also approves recruits.

OMO

I disagree. Strongly. Let's put this into perspective... He's a qualified INSTRUCTOR who is also certified as an EXAMINER by the Malaysian Civil Aviation Safety Authority

And again... (we really need a FAQ Thread!)

This is my home simulator... does it make me a potential terrorist???

Attachments

• LightOn.jpg
    LightOn.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC02386s.jpg
    DSC02386s.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 82
I've been following this case obsessively but I haven't posted about it yet because I just have no idea what happened! I mean I feel like I can't even begin to guess.

About the pilot I've seen many people insist he is involved but I've been wondering why people who seem to think he is believe it's entirely him.

Some don't think the pilot is responsible. Brit newspapers have reported that someone testified at a trial last week that he [the militant testifier] trained at an Afghanistan training camp and was told to give a shoe bomb to a group of Malaysian terrorists who wanted to take over a plane (and which he did). It was said they planned to use it to blow open the cockpit door. So, according to that report, it could be the pilots themselves were not involved, but terrorists with both military and aviation experience were involved. (I'll come back and edit with link to that earlier article.)

ETA: http://www.smh.com.au/national/rogu...ad-of-aipa-20140316-34vmp.html?skin=text-only

I was trying to imagine how (possibly) 2 hijackers could command 239 passengers to turn over their cell phones all at the same time.

For example, let's say one hijacker started at front of plane (collecting phones), and one starting at the back of the plane....well wouldn't that give the middle passengers time to send a message? Or I suppose the message would not even go through at that altitude?

Unfortunately, I think the hijackers probably foresaw these problems and thus incapacitated all the passengers early on.

There's a lot of back and forth about the cellphones and whether or not they were even operable on this flight. But to put that all to rest, it's a moot point; the cellphones of 239 people are not a problem at this level of hijacking. Whoever has hijacked this plane has military experience, and also plenty of technical/computer knowledge. There is out there (and not just in the USA) 'stealth technology' available to put ALL those cellphones into sleep mode IF they were operable at all at anytime.

So we can let the cellphones rest. At the level of expertise that this hijacking has been revealed to have, they would also have access to that technology.

I saw that a few months ago. That employee was really pizzed.

The totality of the evidence coming in is what is making me lean towards the pilot and the 2 stolen passport people. It may still turn out to be something else, but the evidence is beginning to pile up IMO.

We have the pilot owning a simulator. Well, that right there is huge IMO. I would bet if you ask every pilot in the world if they own one, I am willing to bet some hard cash that not too many have one of the caliber of the one this guy had. Most probably have those XBOX style ones, but the news made it sound that this guy had a real one. I would love to know where he bought it and how he got his hands on it.

If you google "flight simulators in home", you get a ton of links. Everything from DIY to buying the cockpit already made. I'd never heard of it until this case! And I think that it was reported that the pilot built his own. Someone correct me if I'm wrong :seeya:

Hey guys! Haven't been able to follow the threads closely as they have been moving fast. Any new updates since the presser they had the other night?

The search area is Indian Ocean. Other than that, not much.

I do find this article interesting but only because of the fake photo showing the same shoes for both guys with the fake passports.

I just wonder why we cant see the other guys shoes..

Better yet why show us any shoes?
I mean , there must be something for them to be talking about for the whole same legs issue to come about anyway right?

if they only stayed one night at the old high school friend's ap't - I wonder where they were for the other 3-5 days/nights in Malaysia
The high school buddy said they stayed "a week". He must have been in contact until they left.

Frankly, I think Malaysia knows more than what is being told.

Malaysia, USA and China have had a week to go over crew and passenger manifest. It took almost week for Malaysia authorities to state it was a high jack. The silence from Malaysia and for most part USA/China makes me think it may be something more embarrassing to government then dropping ball early on-search for missing plane sooner.

So far, due to what we've been told, the Capt seems my best guess as to motive and expertise.

Ok, my words are not correctly chosen.

I mean, I believe the cell phones were able to connect to cell phone towers.

I have read reports of reports of people making calls 33000 feet in the air.

I cannot find any concrete evidence that cell phones do not work on planes.

I've often had my phone in my pocket and switched "on" whilst flying - you're right, below a certain altitude you will start to get tower reception - I've had my phone ringing (vibrating in my pocket) on short finals and upon descent into the approach entry... but its all happened below 1500ft generally...

CNN reporting that an access panel on the wing of a DL flight from MCO to ATL fell OFF in flight!
Just now! Everything id ok, all are safe. Freaky.....

O/T, but CNN is reporting that a plane flying from Orlando to Atlanta lost part of it's wing while in flight tonight. It's a 757, and everyone is safe, thank goodness.

Depends what it impacts below - I guess the best reference would be the SilkAir Pilot Suicide Crash - it impacted a swamp/river at over the speed of sound and there was very little evidence a plane had even been there. If it wasn't for local villagers reporting it, they probably wouldn't have even known where it was.

Depends what it impacts below:

Us Air 427 pretty well gone as well (I think MAL 370 landed tho).

USAir Flight 427 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+...Issues%2FFAA_Inaction%2Fusair427.html;332;236

Another bad one This is American 191 a jumbo ..... Killed 270

https://www.google.com/search?q=ame...2Fwiki%2FAmerican_Airlines_Flight_191;288;300

http://www.google.com/imgres?rlz=1T...IQcMBQ&iact=rc&dur=792&page=2&start=9&ndsp=15

http://www.google.com/imgres?rlz=1T...QhBwwAw&iact=rc&dur=854&page=1&start=0&ndsp=9

JAL 123 :

http://www.google.com/imgres?start=...CBUQhBwwBDhk&iact=rc&dur=1608&page=10&ndsp=13

I do find this article interesting but only because of the fake photo showing the same shoes for both guys with the fake passports.

I just wonder why we cant see the other guys shoes..

Better yet why show us any shoes?
I mean , there must be something for them to be talking about for the whole same legs issue to come about anyway right?

The photo is like that because the placed one photo on top of the other. We are seeing the legs from the bottom photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM ~ Honestly, I think the passengers did not have 5 seconds to think as they were disabled quickly at the cockpit. :moo: that is if they are in fact dead. I'm leaning now towards that they are not at this point.

Whoever hijacked MH370 did it at the Vietnam ATC switch off, IMO.

I believe a cabin can be depressurized but will not affect the cockpit and they can use all the oxygen the cabin would of used.

Correct. The cockpit is equipped withits own set of oxygen system whereby the pilot could don his mask before disabling the cabin pressure at high speeds, altitudes or otherwise. In no particular order, what can happen to cabin pressure:

Gradual decomp
"This type of decompression may also come about from a failure to pressurize as an aircraft climbs to altitude. An example of this is the 2005 Helios Airways Flight 522 crash, in which the pilots failed to check the aircraft was pressurizing automatically and then to react to the warnings that the aircraft was depressurizing, eventually losing consciousness (along with most of the passengers and crew) from hypoxia."

"...I recall reading an article about a jet crash in Greece (I think) where the plane was supposedly depressurized in flight and crashed into a mountain. The report indicated that rescue workers arrived in a relatively short time, but everybody on board was in fact frozen solid. The report indicated this happened in the air, and w/in seconds of depressurization, not on the ground."

http://www.gadling.com/2010/04/12/plane-answers-can-passengers-survive-an-explosive-depressurizat/

"In many high-flying light airplanes and military aircraft, oxygen systems and face masks are still used to keep the pilot alive and conscious."

"It might take an average airliner about 20 minutes to reach a cruise altitude of, say, 35,000 feet, at which point the pressurization system might maintain the cabin at the pressure you’d experience at 7,000 feet: about 11 pounds per square inch. Your ears may pop, but the effect is mild because the climb rate is only 350 feet per minute. When the airplane descends, the pilot sets the system controller to the altitude of the destination airport, and the process works in reverse."

"... pilots begin to need oxygen when they fly above 12,500 feet for more than 30 minutes, and passengers have to use it continuously above 15,000. On airliners that operate at altitudes well above that, regulations require that everyone aboard be supplied with 10 minutes of oxygen in the event the cabin pressure can’t be maintained, which brings us to the dramatic scenario known as explosive decompression."

"In an aircraft at 22,000 feet, passengers and crew would have 5 minutes of “useful consciousness” after rapid decompression. But at 43,000 feet, the time drops to a mere 5 seconds, hardly long enough to don an oxygen mask."

http://www.airspacemag.com/need-to-...loses-cabin-pressure-142253641/#ixzz2wBaQIrQJ

http://www.airspacemag.com/need-to-...cabin-pressure-142253641/#cCeEbJhebg57RdhM.99

http://www.airspacemag.com/flight-today/how-things-work-cabin-pressure-2870604/#ixzz2wBZRm0Xi

http://www.airspacemag.com/flight-today/how-things-work-cabin-pressure-2870604/#ixzz2wBXrGOq2

OMO

Do we know if the captain's wife has been questioned regarding who came to the house to use/train on the flight simulator? This would give them some indication of how he used it.

The guys traveling on the stolen passports are too young to have the experience flying that was needed in this escapade. IMO. I do not rule them out as being in on it.

What about the flight engineer at the controls, nothing has been said about him. He has to know how to fly also I think.

The fast climb to 45.000 ft solved the problem of passengers and did them in, IMO. So all that was left was flying the plane to avoid the radar ranges, then landing it in the spot prechosen! Mission accomplished!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333