DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From this morning:

https://twitter.com/HishammuddinH2O
Retweeted by Hishammuddin Hussein
H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 11h

After my statement, will release more detailed map of the northern & southern corridors #MH370 @HishammuddinH2O

Retweeted by Hishammuddin Hussein
H2O Comms ‏@H2OComms 11h
Attached is a map showing in more detail the northern corridor of the search for #MH370 pic.twitter.com/9yvJkx0ZNw

Attached is a map showing in more detail the southern corridor of the search for #MH370 pic.twitter.com/qcO0ZAUGzv

I didn't thumbnail the southern map. Just click the pic link. It isn't detailed.

Attachments

• Bi7AEulCQAEOt2o.png
    Bi7AEulCQAEOt2o.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 26
If it was hijacked for later use, wouldn't they need access to a source of aviation fuel?

Hat is off to you, Chilly....

Fariq Ab Hamid, co-pilot of the missing Boeing 777, told Malaysian ground control staff "all right, good night" at 1.19, Mr. Ahmad said, in a new revelation of the identity of who spoke the final words.

Within two minutes of that remark, the aircraft transponder, a device that helps identify individual flights to radar, stopped working.

All contact was lost at 1:29 a.m.

http://online.wsj.com/news/article_...4579445313134162646-lMyQjAxMTA0MDEwNzExNDcyWj

WFAA TV ‏@wfaachannel8 10m

Brother of missing #Malaysia Airlines passenger: 'We need answers' STORY: http://bit.ly/1meeBV8 #MH370 pic.twitter.com/JUAyj9xvDY

The 50-year-old IBM executive from Keller was flying to China to pick up his girlfriend Sarah Bajc, then move with her to Kuala Lumpur, where he was to start another job with IBM, according to James.

"[This was] the last time he was going to need to take this flight," James said.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/Missing-Malaysia-Passengers-Brother--250637491.html?c=n&fb=y&can=n

" I honestly have a different viewpoint of what US involvement should be, because if this was done by a tetrorist group, or even worse, a country collaborating with a terrorist group, the US needs to be on top of it. They need to know exactly which group was involved, how they planned it, the whole background years leading up to it, etc., etc.. "

Oh, I agree with this entirely. Yes, also a team from National Transportation Safety Bureau has been there since very, very early - I believe they arrived the Sunday after the event.

I think our investigators, working together with the Brits and what they have been given by the Malaysians have likely already decided what they think happened. And if U.S. fades out of the picture, it would mean they did not think it was terrorism.

Yes. But U.S. might be just "fading" in the eyes of the public. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

In fact, the seeming secrecy of all of this leads me to believe there is much more than meets the eye, in other words much more information than they are leaking out.

That would be, IMO, b/c they don't want the terrorists and people behind this to know they're on to them.

If it was really thought to be some mechanical failure or pilot gone-crazy, you can bet everyone would be leaking information, trying to let the world know what a good job they're doing on the investigating side.

JMO.

Yes, that one. Thanks.

Can't people in the media read maps?

There is no 20 countries it would have to pass through. It does not pass over India, Pakistan, or Afghanistan - not even Bangladesh. That is - if and big IF these "satellite pings" info. is correct.

Also it is very interesting how the plane seems to to right above Bangladesh and Myanmar, making sure not to cross into those countries - instead making sure to stay inside China.

No the red lines don't pass over those countries. But the shaded areas are projections based on additional travel time away from where it last pinged, east or west. The inner shaded area is 20 minutes and the outer area is 1 hour. The outer area passes over India, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

No the red lines don't pass over those countries. But the shaded areas are projections based on additional travel time away from where it last pinged, east or west. The inner shaded area is 20 minutes and the outer area is 1 hour. The outer area passes over India, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Ok, I see. But then it is also possible that the plane actually took a more northern route, which would place it firmly going through predominately one country - China.

Yes, the arcs (as I understand it) come from the satellite 'ping' data.

Much to my surprise, CNN explained this rather well yesterday afternoon.

ONE satellite sends a "handshake" (i.e., automatic signal) to ONE plane and the plane responds. The time it takes for the signal to get to the plane and return gives them the distance ("X miles") between the satellite and the plane. (Signals travel at a constant speed: the speed of light.) (This process is repeated hundreds of times per hour with hundreds of planes.)

But one ping can't tell them the direction the "handshake" travelled. So they are left with a circle around the satellite of X miles in all directions.

That circle has been narrowed down to the two arcs based on factors like time travelled, amount of fuel, speed capacity of the 777, etc. But there is nothing (except human hunches) to say whether the flight went north or south. (It didn't have enough time or fuel to reach the east and west quadrants of the circle by 8:11.)

It would take a SECOND satellite to enable them to triangulate (remember Pythagoras) and pinpoint the actual location of the plane at the time of the ping. GPS uses three satellites and, with a fourth one, can also give altitude of the plane (or your car).

Bottom line: if the "ping" info is correct, then the plane was somewhere along one of those arcs at 8:11 a.m. It does NOT tell us anything about which way the plane was headed or how it got to that point. They estimate MA370 had about an hour of fuel left at the time of the ping, so they are searching an area about 200 miles on both sides of the arcs.

As if the CIA/FBI/US hasn't looked into each person who was on that flight...

Also, what us the logic in holding the families hostage in hotel rooms? How long are they planning to keep them there with NO new information other than the plane is missing? Were they gathered immediately to collect data from them regarding their loved one that was in the plane?

Thom Patterson ‏@thompatterson Mar 16 https://twitter.com/thompatterson
Pakistan civil aviation authorities say there was no trace of #MH370 on civilian radar, foreign ministry says. No word about MILITARY radar

Did we ever hear about their military radar?

Much to my surprise, CNN explained this rather well yesterday afternoon.

ONE satellite sends a "handshake" (i.e., automatic signal) to ONE plane and the plane responds. The time it takes for the signal to get to the plane and return gives them the distance ("X miles") between the satellite and the plane. (Signals travel at a constant speed: the speed of light.) (This process is repeated hundreds of times per hour with hundreds of planes.)

But one ping can't tell them the direction the "handshake" travelled. So they are left with a circle around the satellite of X miles in all directions.

That circle has been narrowed down to the two arcs based on factors like time travelled, amount of fuel, speed capacity of the 777, etc. But there is nothing (except human hunches) to say whether the flight went north or south. (It didn't have enough time or fuel to reach the east and west quadrants of the circle by 8:11.)

It would take a SECOND satellite to enable them to triangulate and pinpoint the actual location of the plane at the time of the ping. GPS uses three satellites and, with a fourth one, can also give altitude of the plane (or your car).

Bottom line: if the "ping" info is correct, then the plane was somewhere along one of those arcs at 8:11 a.m. It does NOT tell us anything about which way the plane was headed or how it got to that point. They estimate MA370 had about an hour of fuel left at the time of the ping, so they are searching an area about 200 miles on both sides of the arcs.

BBM- just jumping off your post..
I saw thei maps posted in these threads somewhere - one was showing the arcs you are speaking of.. Ad the other showing places the plane could have landed.. Or maybe strips hat would accommodate a plane of that size -
Wondering if someone could overlap the two maps - would be interesting to view.

I don't know, but I have a hunch that the arcs/arc-ranges based on satelline pings are correct - meaning this was accurate information that the Malaysians released.

I believe it was one of the first important pieces of information the Malaysians figured out, and they wanted to release it to show that they were making progress.

THEN....

If you notice, in the past couple of days the attention has focused more on the pilots, their personalities, the flight simulator, etc..

I believe that the pilot stuff is just a way to divert the public's attention.

BECAUSE....

I believe that after the Malaysians released the flight arc info., the intelligence agencies like CIA, Interpol, etc.., they told the Malaysians to shut up and stop laying all the cards out on the table.

I believe the seeming "going backwards" in information is NOT because international agencies have given up or frustrated, I think they shut up the Malaysians and I think they have taken a bigger role in the investigations b/c they realize it's terrorist-related.

JMO.

I still think it's ridiculous. Sorry I might be the only one who believes this was a catastrophic aviation accident. No terrorists, no conspiracies.

They will find it ........in the water.

I agree with you. All this information given out then taken back. Malaysia doesn't know what happened and are just throwing out whatever. I may be naive but I really think it's gonna be found eventually close to where it last had communication.

Of course I could change my mind in the next hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Israel: missing plane prompts increased alert

~CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads